PDA

View Full Version : Fake Calls about your PC

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Answered my desk phone at work today to hear the following in what I would describe as an Indian accent.

I kept him on the line for a good five minutes acting daft when he asked me to press windows key and R together.
He kept repeating R for Romance (I think he meant to say Romeo) and then the windows key.
I kept saying I was pressing R for romance and W for windows and he got increasingly frustrated trying to describe the windows key and telling me to stop pressing the W key..
He then passed me to a technical expert who again tried to talk me through it and then asked if I knew my actual internet speed. I replied that it was always a steady 10mph unless going downhill. He shouted at me that I was an idiot and hung up! 😂

Jim44
05-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Answered my desk phone at work today to hear the following in what I would describe as an Indian accent.

I kept him on the line for a good five minutes acting daft when he asked me to press windows key and R together.
He kept repeating R for Romance (I think he meant to say Romeo) and then the windows key.
I kept saying I was pressing R for romance and W for windows and he got increasingly frustrated trying to describe the windows key and telling me to stop pressing the W key..
He then passed me to a technical expert who again tried to talk me through it and then asked if I knew my actual internet speed. I replied that it was always a steady 10mph unless going downhill. He shouted at me that I was an idiot and hung up! 😂

Have a look at this one which did the rounds a couple of years ago. A Hibby, to boot.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=706393999450811&id=150263558397194&_rdr

wpj
05-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Have a look at this one which did the rounds a couple of years ago. A Hibby, to boot.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=706393999450811&id=150263558397194&_rdr

I haven't seen that for a while, brilliant always make me laugh

bobbyhibs1983
05-02-2019, 09:26 PM
hi

its pretty annoying when we get these sorta calls,kinda similar in regards the idiots *state* there from your internet provider.

my brother tries to get smart with them though,he tries to do his del boy inpression !

On a side note I would advice anyone whom may have anyone ,i mean this in the nicest way, the older genaration to be warned about these sorta scammers and thats what they are scammers.

J-C
06-02-2019, 07:50 AM
I either tell them I don't have a computer so how can I have problems, they hang up immediately or I ask them how they know I have problems, so they must've hacked into my PC, I then tell them I'm calling the police as I have their number on my phone, again they hang up.

Killiehibbie
06-02-2019, 10:04 AM
I used to mess about then eventually ask them where the windows button is on a mac.