PDA

View Full Version : NHC. Reliable Diesel Mechanic, East Edinburgh

Eaststand
28-01-2019, 08:54 AM
I've been getting some fumes in my diesel cars cab area, and after taking a look, my son in law tells me the engine has developed something called Injector Blow-by.
The car runs fine but fumes are escaping up the side of the injectors, so the injector seals would appear to need replacing.
I thought I had a mechanic lined up to do the work, but he's now unable to do the job. Does anybody have any recommendations for a mechanic in my area. I'll pay cash, so maybe a wee homer for somebody ?

Thanks in advance

GGTTH

makaveli1875
28-01-2019, 09:00 AM
I've been getting some fumes in my diesel cars cab area, and after taking a look, my son in law tells me the engine has developed something called Injector Blow-by.
The car runs fine but fumes are escaping up the side of the injectors, so the injector seals would appear to need replacing.
I thought I had a mechanic lined up to do the work, but he's now unable to do the job. Does anybody have any recommendations for a mechanic in my area. I'll pay cash, so maybe a wee homer for somebody ?

Thanks in advance

GGTTH

try Bobs garage in jane street .used to take the work vans there , they know their stuff with diesels

SChibs
28-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Albion Road Garage just beside the stadium

andybev1
28-01-2019, 10:10 AM
I will second the place in jane st.

Eaststand
28-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Cheers for the replies folks, I'll try those places.

Admins. Ta for moving my post to here, and sorry for originally posting this in the wrong forum.

GGTTH

MagicSwirlingShip
30-01-2019, 07:08 PM
try Bobs garage in jane street .used to take the work vans there , they know their stuff with diesels

+1 for Bob’s Garage