PDA

View Full Version : Sky Lennon bias

GreenT
27-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Proven, Commons and Walker all putting the boot into our board. Walker was a hoot. Blamed the Board for " Lennon being frustrated at the team not being in a better position than Livi and Killie".
As Hibs have spent more and have better players than those teams so surely the onus of blame should be on the Manager. I'm not getting at Lennon but at Sky's unbalanced reporting.

Callum_62
27-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Proven, Commons and Walker all putting the boot into our board. Walker was a hoot. Blamed the Board for " Lennon being frustrated at the team not being in a better position than Livi and Killie".
As Hibs have spent more and have better players than those teams so surely the onus of blame should be on the Manager. I'm not getting at Lennon but at Sky's unbalanced reporting.

wasn't he using that argument as a frustration for 'the money men?'

WeeRussell
27-01-2019, 09:04 PM
You’re correct but a quick butchers at any of the related threads on here shows it’s not just external media that are doing this.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 09:06 PM
When was this?

bingo70
27-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Davie Provan said in the first half “I’m not one to take sides in the argument between Flo and Lennon but there’s no doubt he needs to be working harder than he has done recently”

Eh, when was the last time you saw him play Provan?

WhileTheChief..
27-01-2019, 09:10 PM
We liked it when he was manager so can’t really complain now.

Barney McGrew
27-01-2019, 09:10 PM
They were raging at full time. As soon as our game was over it was a quick switch to talk about the Rangers game.

I can’t help thinking that if we’d lost they’d have happily stayed on our match to stick the boot into the club.

B.H.F.C
27-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Davie Provan said in the first half “I’m not one to take sides in the argument between Flo and Lennon but there’s no doubt he needs to be working harder than he has done recently”

He wouldn’t be far wrong with that to be fair. And I can’t stand Davie Provan by the way.

Kamberi worked harder second half and it made a difference to the team. Helped that he had some help up there right enough.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 09:12 PM

FFS.

When did Sky ever stick up for Hibs?

We can complain about anti-Hibs bias anytime we see it.

And we will.

Pretty Boy
27-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Both sides will be playing the media game.

Some people will let their exisitng views dictate which side they choose to believe.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 09:14 PM

I don't normally mind most of the pundits but Provan was blethering nonsense today.

On several occasions he had a pop at David Gray for taking a touch too many. That's fine if he's losing possession, but he wasn't - iirc he won a couple of corners after taking decent touches and the ST Mirren got a good block in on his crosses.

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up a yellowfins for his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

I have to say that I thought the chaps in the studio were perfectly reasonable and had no issue with anything they had to say.

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 09:15 PM

Yeah we can, the media pals of Lennon are ripping the club. How can’t you complain?

judas
27-01-2019, 09:16 PM
I think we all know that Walker is a prize bell end. What we ever did to upset him so, one can only guess.

Commons will naturally be a bit of an acolyte.

The fact is though, none of them have met with our board to get their side of the story, so it would be impossible for them to convey an objective opinion. But that won’t matter to Walker.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 09:16 PM
He wouldn’t be far wrong with that to be fair. And I can’t stand Davie Provan by the way.

Kamberi worked harder second half and it made a difference to the team. Helped that he had some help up there right enough.

I don't think he did.

He was hopelessly isolated and we got nobody near him.

He'd have had to have got through a power of work, more than anyone is really capable of in order to compensate for that.

We got much better support up to him during the second half and stuff started coming off for him.

McD
27-01-2019, 09:18 PM
I don't normally mind most of the pundits but Provan was blethering nonsense today.

On several occasions he had a pop at David Gray for taking a touch too many. That's fine if he's losing possession, but he wasn't - iirc he won a couple of corners after taking decent touches and the ST Mirren got a good block in on his crosses.

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

I have to say that I thought the chaps in the studio were perfectly reasonable and had no issue with anything they had to say.

:agree: Provan went on and on about the challenge on the line at the start of the second half, lucky it wasn’t a yellow, blah blah. What he didn’t mention at all was, the ref didn’t even give a foul

SON OF PADDY
27-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Exactly! Said to ma laddie "this prick doesn't have a ****ing clue" Flo been made the escape goat.

judas
27-01-2019, 09:22 PM

He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. He was very unlucky to pick up his first challenge and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with his challenge on the line.

When Hibs had Duff Jim at the helm and we were sitting second bottom, the consensus among Hibs fans was that Duffy should go.

Not his pal Provan though. His rhetorical question live on air was ‘what do the Hibs fans expect?’. Er, not to be second bottom mate?

The cliques in Scottish football are frustrating and very Glasgow centric.

Discerning Hibs fans will see right through it.

Hibeesmad
27-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Pundits are paid to give their opinions

bingo70
27-01-2019, 09:24 PM

See I disagree with him.

Kamberi has had a poor run recently but I completely disagree with Lennon that it was down to his effort.

Provan hasn’t seen him recently so he shouldn’t have an opinion either way.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 09:25 PM

Yep. Not Neil Lennon's.

bingo70
27-01-2019, 09:26 PM

‘Their’ opinions though.

With regards to Flo, he didn’t give his opinion, he just regurgitated Lennons opinion. It’s lazy and as a pundit that’s not acceptable imo.

Zazu62
27-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Boyds massive grin when it when back to them at the Livingston rangers game he looked gutted we won, he was wanting to take the piss right out of Hibs

lapsedhibee
27-01-2019, 09:28 PM
He was also adamant that he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow card for a robust challenge in the line. .

Mitchell on the Sportscene highlights hinted at this as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with the challenge!

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 09:29 PM

Not stick up for their mates.

dirtydirk
27-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Take it nobody watched the pre match with commons. He was very honost and said that lennon had went too far with Kamberi. Didn’t show any signs of defending him whatsoever

Carheenlea
27-01-2019, 09:35 PM
When you read that I’m glad I paid my money to St Mirren for a seat rather than towards a Sky Subscription.

Billy Whizz
27-01-2019, 09:35 PM
I think we all know that Walker is a prize bell end. What we ever did to upset him so, one can only guess.

Commons will naturally be a bit of an acolyte.

The fact is though, none of them have met with our board to get their side of the story, so it would be impossible for them to convey an objective opinion. But that won’t matter to Walker.

One of your better posts on here

Leith Green
27-01-2019, 09:40 PM
All of them incredulous as to how a heated team meeting results in Lennon being suspended , yet none of them know what happened during the event. Absolute weapons , sticking up for their mate and putting the boot into our club. **** them all , forward we march ... !

Smartie
27-01-2019, 09:40 PM
When you read that I’m glad I paid my money to St Mirren for a seat rather than towards a Sky Subscription.

I honestly thought that Boyd, Commons and McFadden were fine.

Commons gave a decent insight as someone who has worked closely with Lennon and was informative and interesting and spoke up for Lennon without attempting to defend the indefensible.

It annoys me that I quite like Boyd. Again, honest and gave his opinion and as far as I was concerned he didn't seem to come out with anything that would have any Hibbies likely to be too enraged.

Provan just about had me putting my foot through the TV. He ruins a fair few matches for me, and I'd have him absolutely nowhere near coverage of Scottish football.

If Sky have any sense they'll hoover up the better folk from BT Sport when the contract crosses over, and send the likes of Andy Walker and Davie Provan on their merry little way.

JimboHibs
27-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Boyds massive grin when it when back to them at the Livingston rangers game he looked gutted we won, he was wanting to take the piss right out of Hibs

He grins all the time regardless .... is it any different you wanting Livi to win so you could laugh at Rangers expense ? Its hardly anything new,your easily upset if that bothers you.

TiaMaria
27-01-2019, 09:42 PM
FFS.

When did Sky ever stick up for Hibs?

We can complain about anti-Hibs bias anytime we see it.

And we will.
When Mallan was about to take the free kick in the first half Proven said -this is a good opportunity for St Mirren with Mallan's free kick.

Gloucester Hibs
27-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Agree that Sky should nab the better Scottish fitba pundits and commentators from BT. Including, dare I say it, Ally McCoist! Not Craigen though..

BroxburnHibee
27-01-2019, 09:53 PM
The replies to this were superb....

Check out @ScotlandSky’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1089568050498678785?s=09

Jim44
27-01-2019, 09:57 PM
On the topic of pundits, Gordon Smith on Sportsound before the game IMO had a go at Eddie May after his interview where he said he wasn’t at all interested in the Hibs manager job. Smith was a bit snide and scathing, saying, not in so many words, that he lacked ambition and questioned his role as the person to be taking interim charge of the team. I think they were all shaping up for a St Mirren win and a return the old BBC’s favourite pastime of ‘let’s have a laugh at Hibs.’ Call me paranoid if you want, but these guys love seeing our club go through difficult times. I just love how our result today spoiled their party.

bigwheel
27-01-2019, 10:13 PM

Check out @ScotlandSky’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1089568050498678785?s=09

It's ridiculous that Smith still gets a gig as a pundit...BBC are terrible for this jobs for the boys approach . His views and analysis are banal to the extreme. When his opinion is challenged he comes over like a school kid in the playground..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vuefrom1875
27-01-2019, 10:23 PM
All of them incredulous as to how a heated team meeting results in Lennon being suspended , yet none of them know what happened during the event. Absolute weapons , sticking up for their mate and putting the boot into our club. **** them all , forward we march ... !
unarticulted, pseudo "journalists "given a platform to spout their uneducated opinions on all things Hibernian...A##e H###s

overdrive
27-01-2019, 10:33 PM
I honestly thought that Boyd, Commons and McFadden were fine.

Commons gave a decent insight as someone who has worked closely with Lennon and was informative and interesting and spoke up for Lennon without attempting to defend the indefensible.

It annoys me that I quite like Boyd. Again, honest and gave his opinion and as far as I was concerned he didn't seem to come out with anything that would have any Hibbies likely to be too enraged.

Provan just about had me putting my foot through the TV. He ruins a fair few matches for me, and I'd have him absolutely nowhere near coverage of Scottish football.

If Sky have any sense they'll hoover up the better folk from BT Sport when the contract crosses over, and send the likes of Andy Walker and Davie Provan on their merry little way.

Commons looked absolutely gutted after the game. He was probably raging that we won without his pal being in charge.

There were a lot of contradictions from them, especially Provan. Going on about how Lennon hadn’t been backed with investment in the team, etc. This was followed by comments about how we had invested a lot in Kamberi so should expect more from him. I think Provan even uttered that we had invested a lot in this group of players.

CMac1988
27-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Provan is a clown and is the most annoying thing about Sky's coverage of the Scottish game.

Vault Boy
27-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Completely agree. I thought their coverage of the situation was ridiculous.

They spoke with such certainty about things they clearly have very little knowledge about.

From what I remember, McFadden was the least accusatory, but Boyd and Commons were frankly shameful in their coverage of the story.

The amount of guff spouted about Kamberi and the board, atrocious.

tamig
27-01-2019, 10:50 PM
On the topic of pundits, Gordon Smith on Sportsound before the game IMO had a go at Eddie May after his interview where he said he wasn’t at all interested in the Hibs manager job. Smith was a bit snide and scathing, saying, not in so many words, that he lacked ambition and questioned his role as the person to be taking interim charge of the team. I think they were all shaping up for a St Mirren win and a return the old BBC’s favourite pastime of ‘let’s have a laugh at Hibs.’ Call me paranoid if you want, but these guys love seeing our club go through difficult times. I just love how our result today spoiled their party.
I think you are being a bit paranoid. They were glowing in their praise of us in the second half of last season and the first few months of this.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Commons looked absolutely gutted after the game. He was probably raging that we won without his pal being in charge.

There were a lot of contradictions from them, especially Provan. Going on about how Lennon hadn’t been backed with investment in the team, etc. This was followed by comments about how we had invested a lot in Kamberi so should expect more from him. I think Provan even uttered that we had invested a lot in this group of players.

Commons wasn't exactly full of the joys of life before the game or at half-time either though.

HibsGW
27-01-2019, 10:54 PM
I don't think he did.

He was hopelessly isolated and we got nobody near him.

He'd have had to have got through a power of work, more than anyone is really capable of in order to compensate for that.

We got much better support up to him during the second half and stuff started coming off for him.

Totally agree, if it hadn’t have been for Lennon coming out with this absolute nonsense in the first place nobody would be criticising Kamberi’s work rate, it’s no coincidence that when there’s 2 forwards, his ‘work rate’ improves, he simply plays better when he isn’t upfront alone, his work rate has never been the issue, his inability to play upfront alone has though and that should have been noticed ages ago by everyone involved with picking the team

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Boyds massive grin when it when back to them at the Livingston rangers game he looked gutted we won, he was wanting to take the piss right out of HibsHe's the one that annoyed me today. Really think it's time for Kilmarnock FC to be censoring him...it's not right he is playing in the league and slagging off their opponents?? And he does it with all clubs except his beloved Sevco. I was at the match today and watched the game on sky when I got home...he was sticking the boot right in pre kick off. As was Commons at half time - but he is a Lennon love child so no shocks there really. And yes they all did look mightily p#### off that we won

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Take it nobody watched the pre match with commons. He was very honost and said that lennon had went too far with Kamberi. Didn’t show any signs of defending him whatsoeverYeah but he stuck the boot right in at half time

Captain Trips
27-01-2019, 11:01 PM
If Kamberi was so bad why did he pick him every week? The whole situation is a nonsense it really is.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Yeah but he stuck the boot right in at half time

Which was merited.

Eyrie
27-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Yeah but he stuck the boot right in at half time

Commons described our first half performance as pathetic. I couldn't disagree with that assessment.

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Which was merited.It's not for him to be calling our players "pathetic" - how unprofessional is that from a so called pundit??

I didn't hear him calling st mirren pathetic at full time??

Utter bias pure and simple

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2019, 11:06 PM
It's not for him to be calling our players "pathetic" - how unprofessional is that from a so called pundit??

How is it unprofessional? They were pathetic in the first half.

27-01-2019, 11:07 PM
I might be paranoid but Hibs have been the green and white team that it’s acceptable to take the piss out of for a while. We’re also a pretty progressive club that doesn’t sit well with the old boys act pish that dominates Scottish football punditry.

Lemonade
27-01-2019, 11:15 PM
It's not for him to be calling our players "pathetic" - how unprofessional is that from a so called pundit??

You're not normally shy at calling Hibs pathetic so what's your problem with others having that opinion ?

In fact , you whine like nothing on earth mate.

Hibbyradge
27-01-2019, 11:17 PM

St Mirren were winning at halftime and they are bottom of the league. That doesn't merit the description "pathetic".

HibeeHibernian4
27-01-2019, 11:21 PM
I might be paranoid but Hibs have been the green and white team that it’s acceptable to take the piss out of for a while. We’re also a pretty progressive club that doesn’t sit well with the old boys act pish that dominates Scottish football punditry.

Yeah, you are.

SMAXXA
27-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Some beauties there lol

SouthMoroccoStu
28-01-2019, 04:57 AM

The media attitude towards our club has completely changed since the Scottish Cup victory

Ray_
28-01-2019, 06:23 AM
They were raging at full time. As soon as our game was over it was a quick switch to talk about the Rangers game.

I can’t help thinking that if we’d lost they’d have happily stayed on our match to stick the boot into the club.

Talk about conspiracy theories! this is normal if you watch SKY, they always move straight on to the other game when the games are so close together.

Ray_
28-01-2019, 06:37 AM

Why shouldn't they say it as they see it, a read of the match thread and you will see at least the equal of that assessment many times over?

Onion
28-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Both sides will be playing the media game.

Some people will let their exisitng views dictate which side they choose to believe.

Can expect this to get much worse ... for Hibs, over the next few weeks. Hibs are in no position to spin the story from Friday, Lennon is and will. His whole career as a manager might depend on it. Lennon has lots of Celtic/player buddies who will support him and we have Rod Petrie. That combo will ensure Hibs will get a kick in for this.

The sooner Hibs get a new manager is the better.

Jim44
28-01-2019, 07:10 AM
I think you are being a bit paranoid. They were glowing in their praise of us in the second half of last season and the first few months of this.

Yes, that’s because we were playing well and they couldn’t do anything else but praise. You’ve kind of emphasised my point that IMO they seem to enjoy seeing us hit difficult times. That’s all.

calumhibee1
28-01-2019, 07:49 AM
According to Keith Jackson Hibs should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. He openly acknowledges there’s a “hazy lack of clarity” (in other words “I’ve no idea what happened”) but Hibs should be ashamed of themselves cause this could spell the end of Lennons managerial career. No consideration for the fact that Lennon must have done something out of order for it to get to this stage, just that Hibs should be ashamed. Incredible.

Borderhibbie76
28-01-2019, 08:02 AM
You're not normally shy at calling Hibs pathetic so what's your problem with others having that opinion ?

In fact , you whine like nothing on earth mate.You have me mixed up with someone else...I have never once called my own team "pathetic"

Ray_
28-01-2019, 08:19 AM
With regard to this incident, I would say that without question that NL has gone too far to single out of Flo kamberi time and again, whether its just him or part of his mental health issues that have got the better of him because of frustration at the lack of ambition from the club/lack of performance, I just don't know, but it was wrong, whether it needed the action that was taken, again, I just don't know the history that has led to this extreme action, so I can't say.

One thing that is crystal though, our recruitment hasn't been anywhere near good enough as it should be with far too many players coming in not being judged good enough to play an active part, even when we have been down to the bones and we came in to the season extremely short in the forward areas, especially up front. Whether this is the responsibility of the head coach, the board or the recruitment team, a combination of all three or whatever, if this club hopes to keep on drawing the same amount of income streams that is has been over the last couple of years, it really needs for this to be sorted this out, pronto.

we are hibs
28-01-2019, 08:27 AM
According to Keith Jackson Hibs should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. He openly acknowledges there’s a “hazy lack of clarity” (in other words “I’ve no idea what happened”) but Hibs should be ashamed of themselves cause this could spell the end of Lennons managerial career. No consideration for the fact that Lennon must have done something out of order for it to get to this stage, just that Hibs should be ashamed. Incredible.

Absolutely no idea why that horrible cretin isn't banned from Easter road and east mains as well as his rag of a paper.

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:28 AM

They asked for it and they certainly got it.

One Day
28-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Provan is a clown and is the most annoying thing about Sky's coverage of the Scottish game.

I agree with this. He is a grade a w*nker

Mac_17
28-01-2019, 08:52 AM
The media in Scotland are only interested in the Glasgow sisters, any good media attention Iv seen of us, since Lennon joined was Lennon this Lennnon that. (Granted I was too but). But it was more Lennon is doing great, not Hibs are doing great.

So I’m not surprised that they are taking his side. Pretty much all the chat about Lennon yesterday on sky annoyed me. People that have only heard rumours & half a story talking Lennon up and the club down.

I was happy to have Lennon but he does come with baggage and I wouldn’t say he is a classy manager. The decision has been made, I’m a Hibs fan not a Lennon fan so, on to bigger and better things for the club. GGTTH

One Day Soon
28-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Their pundits are desperate. For my money the three best in Scotland generally are McCoist, Stubbs and Sutton.

Having said that I don't really care too much what any of them have to say about us or whether or not they take Neil Lennon's side. Very soon we will have a new manager, this story will be tomorrow's chip papers and the only people who will care by that stage are the obsessive Lennon haters.

Newhaven
28-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Absolutely no idea why that horrible cretin isn't banned from Easter road and east mains as well as his rag of a paper.

Spot on. Him and his rag should be booted.

DavieRoy
28-01-2019, 09:47 AM

I agree with Provan. Kamberi didn’t exactly prove a point yesterday.

In fairness, I think Provan did the Derby for Sky, so that is a least once.

BT will he just as bad when Sutton piles in to back his pal.