PDA

View Full Version : Has Lennongate put anyone off from going tomorrow?

green with envy
26-01-2019, 09:32 AM
If there's anything to go by how surreal I felt when I woke up first thing this morning with the realisation how much a shock this has left us all in (well it has me), it got me thinking about how important that the team needs our support for our game against St Mirren.

We've all witnessed some horrible games/results in the past but this development is altogether different from the 'norm'

I'm not going to preach to anyone that you should travel due to what's happened, I only hope if you were planning on going, you still do. I do know that i'll be there with my usual fellow travellers not only to show some kind of solidarity but more important in the hope that we get a much needed win.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 09:34 AM
If there's anything to go by how surreal I felt when I woke up first thing this morning with the realisation how much a shock this has left us all in (well it has me), it got me thinking about how important that the team needs our support for our game against St Mirren.

We've all witnessed some horrible games/results in the past but this development is altogether different from the 'norm'

I'm not going to preach to anyone that you should travel due to what's happened, I only hope if you were planning on going, you still do. I do know that i'll be there with my usual fellow travellers not only to show some kind of solidarity but more important in the hope that we get a much needed win.

Quite the opposite, I know of people who are now going to go. A dark cloud has been lifted.

calumhibee1
I’m more excited and optimistic about tomorrow now than I was before last nights goings on.

S4uzee

It’s feeling very like 2014 ... however we should have just enough points this time

26-01-2019, 09:37 AM
I’m more excited and optimistic about tomorrow now than I was before last nights goings on.

Me too. Love these types of games. The GJP game at Ibrox was a classic.

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 09:38 AM

That was a good night...remind me - was that the same game that Orman scored a screamer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JXM73
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM
The opposite but i guess there's no pay at gate

flash
26-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Thinking of going now. Sad with what has happened but its times like this the supporters need to do just that.

Cat Stanton
That was a good night...remind me - was that the same game that Orman scored a screamer?

No. Different, much earlier, game (with the GJP still very much in charge).

green with envy

Not sure as to why you would think that, as there has been every other time we've played there.

JXM73
26-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Not sure as to why you would think that, as there has been every other time we've played there.

👍

26-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Nah it finished 1-1. I think Luna scored for us

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 09:48 AM

There will be pay at the gate.

Weegreenman
26-01-2019, 09:48 AM
I’ll only go if we play a 4-4-2 formation :aok: Get back to basics. We don’t have Lewy or Boyle to facilitate the wing back positions, so why not just play two banks of four and try and stay compact, maybe sneak a goal or two. We were opened up like a can of sardines against Motherwell time and again.
Ill be there whatever and whoever the manager is.

wookie70
26-01-2019, 09:52 AM
I had no intention of going but I might make the journey now. There is a chance the players will galvanise and look like a team for the first time in months and we might be able to work out what the formation is from the team lines

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 09:53 AM

You don't even hide your pleasure, horrible stuff.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Why? Others have said pretty much the same thing. People feel that the players might have had a weight off their shoulders. I’d agree and it gives me optimism for tomorrow. And anyway, I wanted him gone, why would I have to hide the fact that I’m glad we’re moving on? To avoid upsetting you?

I wish it had ended more amicably but the end result is what I think was needed at Hibs. I’m not going to hide that fact because you or others don’t feel that way.

Carheenlea
26-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Not going to lie, I do oddly enjoy the odd crisis, and this is a big one! Can’t wait for tomorrow and suspect suspect the crowd will be bolstered by it rather than depleted!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Lennon wasn't the reason why Hibs are my team.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 10:04 AM
No, I didn't particularly want Lennon to leave but I'm a Hibs fan, not a Neil Lennon fan and I would have been going regardless. My tickets were bought days ago.

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Lennon wasn't the reason why Hibs are my team.

This. And although I dont get to games these days I'll still be tuning in at stupid o'clock with my top on to watch every game on Hibs tv

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:05 AM
It’s feeling very like 2014 ... however we should have just enough points this time

2014 when the dark cloud was lift and the team played with freedom and lack of fear?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Why is it horrible? Some have the opinion it was time for Lennon to go and ultimately it seems the players and board felt the same after events yesterday. I think we will improve now and looking forward to see what Sunday brings. I’m really not sure why it’s horribke at all.

James-6.2-3.2
26-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Nope I’ll be there 💚🇳🇬💚regardless of situation.

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 10:20 AM

[emoji106]

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 10:21 AM
No. Different, much earlier, game (with the GJP still very much in charge).

Cheers [emoji108]

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 10:22 AM

We were 1 up at half time. Luna header. McLeish was meant to be paraded but it got cancelled.

H18 SFR
26-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Are tickets still available at the ticket office?

Smartie
26-01-2019, 10:28 AM
I've been to less games this season in 25 years of following Hibs.

There is far more to that than just Lennon. TBH I've just not been able to make many games, having spent many free Saturday afternoons twiddling my thumbs whilst being unable to make rearranged midweek matches. I got so annoyed throughout December though that I couldn't even drag myself along to the Celtic, Hearts and Rangers home games (in spite of having a season ticket).

I'm doing all I can to make it tomorrow and I feel like a great dark cloud has lifted. The second half of last season was outstanding and I used to be s huge Lennon fan but somewhere along the way something changed.

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 10:29 AM
I'm now going to back the players. Went on Wednesday and vowed not to waste my money going away again whilst we were ***** but I can't help myself...glutton for punishment!

Just Jimmy
26-01-2019, 10:33 AM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkno. 1-1. paco Luna for us. Donald Park to charge.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Surely you'd be going regardless if you can make it? Support the team through thick and thin? :confused:

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Surely you'd be going regardless if you can make it? Support the team through thick and thin? :confused:Not in my case. I'm skint and still haven't been paid this month so it'll now be going on the MasterCard.

Don't start with this pish again HC you're better than that at a time like this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 10:38 AM
no. 1-1. paco Luna for us. Donald Park to charge.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Good recall - cheers

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Not in my case. I'm skint and still haven't been paid this month so it'll now be going on the MasterCard.

Don't start with this pish again HC you're better than that at a time like this.

What I mean is if you're in a position to go and watch Hibs then surely you would be going instead of waiting for a scandal before you attend a game. I don't mean you as a person but fans in general.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2019, 10:43 AM
I wasn’t planning to go. Now I’ll be travelling through.

It’s at times like this we need to rally round.

Keith_M
26-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Actually, it's made me more likely to go.

I was having seconds thoughts (mainly couldne be ars*dness) but this has re-kindled my enthusiasm.

Radium
26-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Is LD normally at East Mains? She was apparently there yesterday. If so did she appear after training and the team meeting in response to what apparently went on? Or was she there beforehand with the intention of suspending NL?

We have staff there dealing with transfers, face-to-face meeting about business up to the end of the window.

Speculation on my part but not hard to find reasons the CEO would be at East Mains at this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Not in my case. I'm skint and still haven't been paid this month so it'll now be going on the MasterCard.

I'm not sure why people get so uptight about posts like HC's. He has clearly said that people should be going tomorrow regardless of what's happening, if they can make it.

That surely excludes anyone who is "skint" and can't make it as they can't afford it.

There are people who can make games and choose not to attend when the chips are down and these are the people who HC is referring to.

Keith_M
26-01-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure why people get so uptight about posts like HC's. He has clearly said that people should be going tomorrow regardless of what's happening, if they can make it.

That surely excludes anyone who is "skint" and can't make it as they can't afford it.

There are people who can make games and choose not to attend when the chips are down and these are the people who HC is referring to.

Nah, sorry, but telling other people that they have some kind of duty to attend is just wrong.

That's strayed way into Über Fan territory.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2019, 11:33 AM
I wasn’t planning to go. Now I’ll be travelling through.

It’s at times like this we need to rally round.

Wouldn’t be hanging about getting tickets, would buy now

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Nah, sorry, but telling other people that they have some kind of duty to attend is just wrong.

I'm not telling anyone to go. I'm making the point that if you're able to go then surely you would regardless what state the club is in.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Ah the uber fan pish.....:rolleyes:

IrnBru22
26-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Wouldn’t be hanging about getting tickets, would buy now

I’m try to buy tickets online now and it keeps saying
“There are not enough seats available in this block. The requested seats have not been added to your basket, please select a different area.”
But it isn’t giving me the option of selecting areas. Any ideas?

Billy Whizz
26-01-2019, 12:28 PM
I’m try to buy tickets online now and it keeps saying
“There are not enough seats available in this block. The requested seats have not been added to your basket, please select a different area.”
But it isn’t giving me the option of selecting areas. Any ideas?

Other than calling the TO

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:35 PM

I've got a ticket for the Aberdeen game and have booked my trains. I was really looking forward to the game and hopeful that I'd be able to cast my eyes over a few new signings.

From the information I'd garnered, I was hopeful that we'd have McNulty, Cummings, Morgan and a CH by Thursday.

Of course, none of that was a certainty, but now I think it's highly unlikely we'll sign anyone decent at all so I won't be too upset if there's the wrong kind of snow on the lines next Friday.:boo hoo:

Chorley Hibee
26-01-2019, 12:36 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, this whole season has the stench of the many seasons prior to our relegation.

Regardless of the Lennon debacle, I for one am tired of the silence from our board and IMO the meek acceptance of mediocrity that pervades the corridors of Easter Road.

I'm still in two minds about tomorrow: as I've seen this script too many times in the last 30 years of following Hibs.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Ah the uber fan pish.....:rolleyes:

It would be Uber fan pish if someone is saying that people have a duty to attend. :hilarious

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 12:39 PM
It would be Uber fan pish if someone is saying that people have a duty to attend. :hilarious

Who is saying that?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:39 PM
the meek acceptance of mediocrity that pervades the corridors of Easter Road.

That's an interesting take on things.

What has the board been doing to give you that impression?

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Who is saying that?

I don't know. I'm responding to Keekaboo's post, quoted by BF.

oldbutdim
26-01-2019, 12:44 PM
There IS a PATG tomorrow for 'a limited number' of tickets.

I decided to pop into ER this morning and get tickets just in case.

SChibs
26-01-2019, 12:46 PM
Surely you'd be going regardless if you can make it? Support the team through thick and thin? :confused:

I've been to almost every game home and away over the last 3 year's but decided to give away games a miss for the next few months to save money for a house. Gutted I'm not going now though but got a viewing for a house booked

Johnny Clash
26-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Anytime I’m up from London I’ll always try see Hibs. Just like the recent Cup game v Elgin - it’s always an effort I’m happy to make. . I’m gutted if we lose Neil Lennon but for me it’s no reason to stop going to see Hibs. IF it turns out certain players are now going to try harder then that would be shameful as I believe Hibs players should always give 100% no matter what.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2019, 01:10 PM
I've been to almost every game home and away over the last 3 year's but decided to give away games a miss for the next few months to save money for a house. Gutted I'm not going now though but got a viewing for a house booked

Good luck, hope you get your house. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Don't think anyone said that HR

Billy Whizz
26-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Sky must be rubbing their hands at having this game tomorrow

we are hibs
26-01-2019, 01:14 PM

I assume you won't be going considering you blatantly think Lennon is bigger than the club?

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 01:17 PM
I assume you won't be going considering you blatantly think Lennon is bigger than the club?

The money's already been taking out my account.

Vini1875
26-01-2019, 01:21 PM
No, I support the club.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Don't think anyone said that HR

I did say "if".

One Day In Time
26-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Can't possibly let it have an influence on going tomorrow. Hibs will still be here long after all those currently associated with the club have gone. The club need our continued backing