PDA

View Full Version : Available Managers if Lenny is gone?

Percy Vere
25-01-2019, 11:27 PM
If Neil is away, as seems likely.
Then who could be available and willing to come to ER and turn the Mighty Hibees around?
Moyes?
Hughes?
Conte?
Henry?
Pardew?
Who’s out there that fits the bill?

Jones28
25-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Are you the same gadgy that started the ****ing Mikey Stewart for manager **** show?!

hibbymac
25-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Cathro ..... :aok:

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Strachan, Stubbs or as an outsider although inexperienced John Kennedy.

Percy Vere
26-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Are you the same gadgy that started the ****ing Mikey Stewart for manager **** show?!

‘Fraid not. Horrible idea

Percy Vere
26-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Strachan, Stubbs or as an outsider although inexperienced John Kennedy.
Id go with Strachan.
Not sure folk would want Stubbs.

Leith's finest
26-01-2019, 07:49 AM
James Mac the Edinburgh city manager, he was ex hibs youth coach, doing well at Edinburgh city would be a cheap option

judas
26-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Michael O’Neil?

Allant1981
26-01-2019, 07:57 AM
James Mac the Edinburgh city manager, he was ex hibs youth coach, doing well at Edinburgh city would be a cheap option

we need someone to come in and get the mess sorted out, that means someone with experience, someone who will command respect from the players, not a part time coach, regardless how good a coach he is he is not what we need just now

Scooter
26-01-2019, 08:01 AM
What about Stubbs assistant. John ???

Sean1875
26-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Strachan would get my vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Stubbs to the end of the season at least has has some merit knows the place and the set up plus a lot of the players wouldn't need long to settle in.

Would give club some time to then reconsider position and line up permanent manager if not Stubbs.

patch1875
26-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Then who could be available and willing to come to ER and turn the Mighty Hibees around?
Moyes?
Hughes?
Conte?
Henry?
Pardew?

None would come might as well add Mourinho as well.

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Stubbs to the end of the season at least has has some merit knows the place and the set up plus a lot of the players wouldn't need long to settle in.

Would give club some time to then reconsider position and line up permanent manager if not Stubbs.

This for me. Think he would give the place an immediate lift.

Let's get the feel good factor back. Not writing the season off entirely but I think we get what we can from it and plan properly for next.

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2019, 08:44 AM
This for me. Think he would give the place an immediate lift.

Let's get the feel good factor back. Not writing the season off entirely but I think we get what we can from it and plan properly for next.

Has failed miserably since winning the cup with Hibs, I wouldn’t want him back. The cup win masked his failings at Hibs too.

SChibs
26-01-2019, 08:46 AM
Big Sam!

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 08:46 AM
Paul Clement? Ancelottis number 2 at real and Bayern. Managed Swansea and derby

Brightside
26-01-2019, 08:47 AM
It will more than likely be Stubbs short term. No point bringing in a full time manager until the summer now. Anyone joining now can only work on the mentality of the players he cant change the team.

Heisenberg
26-01-2019, 08:47 AM

Has he not been a disaster everywhere he’s been as a manager? Sure he’s been sacked from all those manager jobs.

Lemonade
26-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Was Doolan an option before Lennon?

CyberSauzee
26-01-2019, 08:48 AM
I would try and get Danny Cowley and his brother from Lincoln.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Only if he brought Doolan and big Taff with him he is not very good on his own as a manager.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2019, 08:52 AM

Agree totally but they're headed for bigger things. I think they are on a journey there and are unlikely to leave at the moment. Also very well paid at Lincoln.

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Agree totally but they're headed for bigger things. I think they are on a journey there and are unlikely to leave at the moment. Also very well paid at Lincoln.

Another interesting suggestion. Decent win %.

JimBHibees
26-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Only if he brought Doolan and big Taff with him he is not very good on his own as a manager.

You may be right however think they both have jobs at other clubs though he will know the backroom staff already there.

cleanyman
26-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Strachan and Stubbs

Oh my God

Are folk for real

HIBEETILLIDIE
26-01-2019, 08:58 AM
If he has gone for whatever reason, we need to get someone quickly.
We are 15 points ahead of Dundee and we have a tough game Sunday, despite their position our current mess and injuries even that out, then Aberdeen, Celtic, with Hamilton, Dundee and ST Johnstone.
We have been here before, don’t think that it the unthinkable can’t happen again.
I hope the board realise that.
We need David Gray, if fit, back into the team along with guys like McGregor and Hanlon to use their experience to gee the rest of the team up.

stantonhibby
26-01-2019, 08:58 AM

Was there not some chat recently about Stubbs & Doolan falling out?

Moulin Yarns
26-01-2019, 09:01 AM
It will more than likely be Stubbs short term. No point bringing in a full time manager until the summer now. Anyone joining now can only work on the mentality of the players he cant change the team.

Harry Redknapp fits the bill :greengrin

madhatter
26-01-2019, 09:03 AM
I'd quite like a foreign manager but with a young Scottish assistant manager who could be molded to be his successor. Or a young foreign manager with great ideas with an experienced Scottish assistant manager. My issue with some of the managers in Scotland is, they would probably favour us playing a hoofball style/large physical players in every position. No offence to them because for some of them it is working and some play some ok football but I suppose in a more extreme analogy it would be like big Sam getting the Arsenal job.

Look at Ole's impact at Man Utd. He knows first hand how they should be playing and has implemented it straight away. Can't underestimate getting a manager who wants to play the same style as the club is used to. Foreign manager also brings new ideas. We are really only recruiting a head coach anyway so it is the coaching side we really want, many good young foreign managers out there. We don't need the big names.

Thing I've really disliked about Lennon recently is his management of Porteous. Very very poor. Youngster playing too many games and played with a bandaged leg to then go off and now likely irritated the same injury in a game where Hanlon was playing LB with 2 LBs on the bench.

MWHIBBIES
26-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Has failed miserably since winning the cup with Hibs, I wouldn’t want him back. The cup win masked his failings at Hibs too.

I wish every Hibs manager masked their failings with winning the Scottish cup.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Harry Redknapp fits the bill :greengrin

Heard hes gone back to the jungle he liks it in there.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-01-2019, 09:12 AM

That last sentence is an oxymoron. What was bigger than Hibs breaking that hoodoo?

superfurryhibby
26-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Strachan is the man to replace Lennon.

Caversham Green
26-01-2019, 09:25 AM

And Reading until a few weeks ago.

Has he not been a disaster everywhere he’s been as a manager? Sure he’s been sacked from all those manager jobs.

I think he was slowly improving the Jaap Stam ****fest but the new CEO decided to sack him and a bunch of other staff. I don't think he's what Hibs need at this point. I'd be going for Strachan until the end of the season if he'd take the job.

bingo70
26-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Scott Gemmell has been close to getting it a couple of times has he not?

Quite like the idea of him getting a chance. Will know the Scottish game better than anyone, seems to get the most out of his players and served his apprenticeship coaching the under age groups for Scotland.

Michael
26-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Hope not tbh. Dinosaur manager who's finished.

bingo70
26-01-2019, 09:28 AM
And Reading until a few weeks ago.

I think he was slowly improving the Jaap Stam ****fest but the new CEO decided to sack him and a bunch of other staff. I don't think he's what Hibs need at this point. I'd be going for Strachan until the end of the season if he'd take the job.

What would your thoughts on Brian McDermott be Cav?

Always thinks he comes across as really switched on and I get the impression in the right set up he could do well.

I know he’s got a couple of black marks against his name recently though.

Percy Vere
26-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Scott Gemmell has been close to getting it a couple of times has he not?

Quite like the idea of him getting a chance. Will know the Scottish game better than anyone, seems to get the most out of his players and served his apprenticeship coaching the under age groups for Scotland.

Good shout.
Young, ambitious and would get respect in the dressing room.

jimmyboco#1
26-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Gareth Evans

MyJo
26-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Kenny Miller in as player/manager until the end of the season?

Kill two birds with one stone :greengrin

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM

He can’t play for more than 2 sides in one season.

ionahibby
26-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Doolan is who we should talk to as he was the brains behind the Stubbs era. It’s no coincidence Stubbs has struggled without him.
Tommy Wright at St Johnstone is another one who has done miracles there on a shoestring budget.

MyJo
26-01-2019, 09:41 AM
He can’t play for more than 2 sides in one season.

I'm pretty sure that was updated to 3 a couple of years back

southsider
26-01-2019, 09:44 AM
Doolan is who we should talk to as he was the brains behind the Stubbs era. It’s no coincidence Stubbs has struggled without him.
Tommy Wright at St Johnstone is another one who has done miracles there on a shoestring budget.
John Doolan and Mark Venus, the new dream team.

bigwheel
26-01-2019, 09:47 AM
John Doolan and Mark Venus, the new dream team.

Well. We’d certainly have a song for that one [emoji23]

Caversham Green
26-01-2019, 09:48 AM
What would your thoughts on Brian McDermott be Cav?

Always thinks he comes across as really switched on and I get the impression in the right set up he could do well.

I know he’s got a couple of black marks against his name recently though.

I'd love to see him at Hibs if he could do the same as he did with Rodgers's disaster at Reading. He did well enough in his second stint too, but his face didn't fit with the new owner. Didn't do great at Leeds, but that was something of a poisoned chalice at the time. I do wonder if it was just a case of being a good fit at Reading (he had been there for years as chief scout and all the players liked him), but I think he'd be worth a punt.

Libby Hibby
26-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Michael O’Neil

eastmainsmsh
26-01-2019, 09:54 AM

Would be a good choice

BullsCloseHibs
26-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Hope not tbh. Dinosaur manager who's finished.

Aren't they all!

Gmack7
26-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Malky Mackay

Tarrahib
26-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Malky Mackay

Gary Holt?

Johnny_Leith
26-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Malky Mackay

Racist ****bag. Disgrace he's involved with the SFA and I definitely do not want him near Hibs.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Malky Mackay

No way would not even want him there as a spectator.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:03 AM

Yes we could also get Mark McGee alongside him, what a forward move that would be for Hibs!

Onceinawhile
26-01-2019, 10:04 AM

Certainly worth considering. They've done an amazing job.

I'd be sounding out Alex Neil as well. Did a great job with Hamilton and Norwich.

monarch
26-01-2019, 10:06 AM

Is that your dislike of Evertonians surfacing ? :wink:

Lemonade
26-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Michael O’Neil
He has a multi million pound contract with NI.

HibeeDaz6270
26-01-2019, 10:07 AM

Would be a costly one, Contracted until summer 2022

Lemonade
26-01-2019, 10:08 AM
Ian Holloway?

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Moyes?
Hughes?
Conte?
Henry?
Pardew?

Conte? Henry? You must be high as a kite. There is zero chance of guys like that coming to Hibs: zero, nil, none, zilch. Even Moyes or Pardew would be a long shot. Getting Neil Lennon was a big coup for us. If we can get someone of his high profile again, we'll be doing well.

Stuart93
26-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Strachan and Stubbs

Oh my God

Are folk for real

“Oh my god” “are folk for real” you sound like a wee lassie

makaveli1875
26-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Gary Holt?

https://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz246/ardern0/images_zpspy2nyvx0.jpeg (https://s832.photobucket.com/user/ardern0/media/images_zpspy2nyvx0.jpeg.html)

Gmack7
26-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Peter Grant

killie-hibby
26-01-2019, 10:17 AM

The Cowleys would be my first call. Terrific team spirit and great rapport with the Lincoln supporters.

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:18 AM
The Cowleys would be my first call. Terrific team spirit and great rapport with the Lincoln supporters.

They would have to do something about the haircuts though?

A Hi-Bee
26-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Peter Grant

NO

Mac_17
26-01-2019, 10:22 AM
carlos carvalhal

madhatter
26-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Wenger?

Hibernia&Alba
26-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Wenger?

Has someone put something in the Leith water supply? Wenger coming to Hibs? Really?

HibeeDaz6270
26-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Steve Clarke - Would show intent & if he wants to stay in scotland its a step up. Possibly waiting on celtic Job though.

Gordan Strachan - No club & a big name.

Couple random ones.

Lee Bowyer ( CHARLTON )- Doing a good job at Charlton but possibly not affordable as they are in with a shout of promotion.

David Flitcroft ( MANSFIELD TOWN ) did a decent job at Bury previously im sure .

Mark Cooper ( FOREST GREEN ) Know nothing about him but got Forest Green promoted and they sit in the play off spots of league 2.

Johnny Clash
26-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Steve Clarke has had some great results recently and his team are currently in form but he’s hardly been a success at West Brom, Reading or Villa.

If we are sadly to lose Neil Lennon then we’d need someone of a much better calibre and that’s going to be very difficult. I can’t stand the thought of mediocicy coming back to ER. Lenny knew the potential at Hibs and demanded more.

percy veer
26-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Moyes?
Hughes?
Conte?
Henry?
Pardew?

nice name how did you come up with that

pacoluna
26-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Whoever it is I hope they have no celtic connections, sick of the patronising guff we here from Celtic minded media.

madhatter
26-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Has someone put something in the Leith water supply? Wenger coming to Hibs? Really?

Don't know, don't live in Leith. It was said in jest...

calumhibee1
26-01-2019, 11:45 AM
nice name how did you come up with that

:tee hee:

Jones28
26-01-2019, 11:47 AM
‘Fraid not. Horrible idea

Sorry mate that sounded accusational, was meant as a joke only!

Lendo
26-01-2019, 12:07 PM
We could ask Malmo to ask Man United to ask Ole Gunnar Solskjaer if we can borrow him for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s doing much at Man United and he knows how to get to Easter Road.

GloryGlory
26-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Steve Clarke has had some great results recently and his team are currently in form but he’s hardly been a success at West Brom, Reading or Villa.

If we are sadly to lose Neil Lennon then we’d need someone of a much better calibre and that’s going to be very difficult. I can’t stand the thought of mediocicy coming back to ER. Lenny knew the potential at Hibs and demanded more.

What are Terry and Maurice up to these days? :devil:

NOLA
26-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Michael O’Neil for me [emoji1696]

snedzuk
26-01-2019, 06:36 PM
We could ask Malmo to ask Man United to ask Ole Gunnar Solskjaer if we can borrow him for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s doing much at Man United and he knows how to get to Easter Road.

Stubbs till end of season then OGS if he gets emptied by Man U - its us or Molde.

Percy Vere
26-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Please no

Percy Vere
26-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Conte? Henry? You must be high as a kite. There is zero chance of guys like that coming to Hibs: zero, nil, none, zilch. Even Moyes or Pardew would be a long shot. Getting Neil Lennon was a big coup for us. If we can get someone of his high profile again, we'll be doing well.

Yeah I know. Just listing available managers.
Hopefully Leanne can pull off another coup and attract a quality coach.

CapitalGreen
26-01-2019, 06:45 PM

He was caretaker manager of Villa for 9 days.

No West Brom manager has achieved a better win % than he did in the Premier League since he left. He took West Brom to 8th, their highest Premier league finish, their highest league finish since 1981.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Michael O’Neil for me [emoji1696]

He will be at NI until either his contract runs out or is punted.

Keyser Sauzee
26-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Ian Holloway?

Not a bad shout, his personality would bring the best out the players till the end of the season. Long shot tho, doubt he would come up to Scotland.

southsider
26-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Not a bad shout, his personality would bring the best out the players till the end of the season. Long shot tho, doubt he would come up to Scotland.

Agreed. Never say never.

Kojock
26-01-2019, 07:58 PM
I’m going for Scott Brown as player manager.

alihibs1
26-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Hope whoever we get it’s not back to hoof ball and taking a *****bag off the old firm.

eastmainsmsh
26-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Lee Clark up for it

Bangkok Hibby
26-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Strachan and Stubbs

Oh my God

Are folk for real

I'd go for Strachan.....really I would.

number9dream
26-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Wenger?

Wagner.

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Derek Adams?

The 90+2
26-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Wagner.

Didn’t he used to play in goal for us?

Northernhibee
26-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Wagner.

Done nothing since the X Factor

Radium
26-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Done nothing since the X Factor

https://youtu.be/MoPOuadxSbk

[emoji22]

Hi Heid Yin
26-01-2019, 10:23 PM

:agree::agree:

Green&White
26-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Pulling a random as hell thought out of my brain ... Would Darren Fletcher be ready to move into management? Top player who has always came across as the model pro and learnt from arguably the best manager to grace the game.
Pair him with a experienced assistant...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk