PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings Hibs v Motherwell

NAE NOOKIE
24-01-2019, 01:16 AM
From the telly so if anybody there disagrees as usual I will defer to them.

Marciano ….. 6 …. He did ok, but he had a clear view of the shot at their goal and didn't seem anywhere near it.

Whittaker …. 4 …. absolutely roasted time and again, slow, ponderous … finished …. David Gray must be nobbing NLs missus to be benched in favour of him.

McGregor …. 6 ….. I thought he defended ok, but I wish he would bring the ball down and try to play when he has time, every touch was a header even with the nearest forward 10 yards away.

Hanlon … 5 ….. Totally out of sorts, gave the ball away and looked slow.

Porteous … 5 …. Was doing ok until he went off …. but this looks like a recurrence of his knee injury and if you ask me its starting to look like either months out or an operation of some sort.

Mallan ….. 3 … Absolutely anonymous.

Bartley … 6 …. At least Marv won a few balls and tried to get in the way of their midfield.

Omeonga …. 5 …. He looked like he wanted to get involved and did well to put in a dangerous ball at the start, but his touch was surprisingly poor at times and he looked more and more lost as the game went on.

Horgan … 3 …. He made a dick of it so many times when in a good position I would be checking to see if he had cash on 1 - 0 at the bookies … his utterly woeful attempt at beating the keeper after one of our few decent bits of play was laughable for a professional footballer.

Gauld … 7 …. Tried to get into the game with little or no help from his team mates and created our one clear cut chance with a determined and decent bit of play.

Kamberi … 5 …. I actually feel sorry for him a wee bit because even I can see by now that he isn't a lone striker, but for the most part his hold up play was very poor and he fluffed a decent chance as well.

SUBS:

MacKie …. 6 …. I thought he did fine and certainly wasn't out worst player … got booked because a return pass that should have been touched into his path was hammered at him, leading to a heavy touch he had to chase into the Well player … that heavy return pass was symptomatic of our awful play all evening.

Slivka … 5 …. Didn't actually play too badly and at least tried to move us forward.

Shaw … 4 …. Didn't have a chance to do much …. might have had a chance if the ball had came back into the box near the end if it hadn't been for a linesman who thinks a yard onside is what constitutes offside.

Neil Lennon. He has to get this mess sorted out and soon or he is going to be looking for a new job … I can sympathise with the horrendous injury problems he has had to deal with … but managers live and die by results and performances and at the moment neither are acceptable. He is not helping himself with weird formations and doing stuff like leaving David Gray on the bench when the guy in his position is having an absolute f'ing nightmare.

Deeds
24-01-2019, 01:35 AM
Hard to disagree with any of that...

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 01:37 AM
I feel bad for Horgan who got himself in numerous Good positions yet just had no confidence and turned back. The guy down the left for Motherwell before he went off was the opposite as was the two young players they had. That was a team devoid of confidence too apparently.

Bartley then Slivka as man of the match. Considering the manager gives Bartley the Gray treatment then turns to him and he’s our best player speaks volumes.

Ryan Gauld wide right is laughable.

Dr_Regal
24-01-2019, 03:41 AM
Mallan and Bartley where both dreadful first half. Just a complete lack of mobility in there. Get Slivka and Omeonga in there this weekend, and bench these two Sunday league players.

Kamberi has that painful, nearly came off for me face on permanently now, and I hate it. ****s it up everytime he gets the ball.

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Was a joke Omeonga was subbed. Chucking the new signing under the bus instead of taking off Mallan who was ten times worse. At least he looks to get involved and put a foot in.

Hibernian Verse
24-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Was a joke Omeonga was subbed. Chucking the new signing under the bus instead of taking off Mallan who was ten times worse. At least he looks to get involved and put a foot in.

Lennon said after the game he was taken off because we needed to make a change in midfield and he was booked. Said he'll be absolutely fine going forward.

Smartie
24-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Lennon said after the game he was taken off because we needed to make a change in midfield and he was booked. Said he'll be absolutely fine going forward.

That makes sense, and is a relief in so many ways.

Greenbeard
24-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Wasn't too surprised. After his first hugely promising contribution down the right, he didn't do much. It is early doors, and this is a judgement off the telly, but he didn't look like the tough box to box midfielder I was expecting. Last thing we need is another ineffective tippy-tappy floaty midfielder.