PDA

View Full Version : What Does This Hamilton Result Say About The Dressing Room?

One Day Soon
08-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Did today's performance look like Lenny hadn't lost the dressing room after all? Or that he's got it back?

Interested to know how much spirit and determination we looked like we had.

Onion
08-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Lennon brought in 2 new faces and dropped some of our most experience players - Milligan being the most obvious omission. Whether that was to rest players or there's unrest, who knows. The ones on the pitch played with decent determination and seemed to know what was at stake. Despite the changes, including Lewis in midfield, the players stuck to the task and got the result they fully deserved and that Lennon needed.

Was good to see NL coming onto the pitch at the end to take applause - so all in all, a good day at the office.

Will be interesting to see who played in the next 2 or 3 weeks and who's out of the picture.

Diclonius
08-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Where was Milligan? Injured?

Hibeewilly
08-12-2018, 07:22 PM
He's one booking away from a suspension and some people reckon he is being saved for the game coming up next. Sounds plausible

Vini1875
08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Don't think there is a lack of spirit with all of them, I think there is a lack of talent and a lack of responsibilty from some of our players. We still have square pegs in round holes it's true, but we probably need all of them to up their game as some are not giving 100%.

Ryan69
08-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Did today's performance look like Lenny hadn't lost the dressing room after all? Or that he's got it back?

Obviously a good result as we have been absolutely toiling..but come on!

This is a team we pumped 6-0 going on 10 last month.

Alot of work tobe done...But a big help.

Borderhibbie76
08-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Obviously a good result as we have been absolutely toiling..but come on!

This is a team we pumped 6-0 going on 10 last month.

Alot of work tobe done...But a big help.It's also a team that's caused us plenty of problems in the past...especially in their own plastic pitch. I've been as critical as anyone the last few weeks but let's cut them some slack after a much improved performance and deserved win today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Scotty Leither
08-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Scoring the first goal was key today. Changed Hamilton's game plan of kicking, spoiling, and wasting time even though they were at home.

Fair play to them playing to their perceived strengths, but they bring nowt to this league.

matty_f
08-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Scoring the first goal was key today. Changed Hamilton's game plan of kicking, spoiling, and wasting time even though they were at home.

Fair play to them playing to their perceived strengths, but they bring nowt to this league.

:agree: always had a bit of admiration for Hamilton, they punch well above their weight but I've no time for teams that just try to spoil the game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Take the 3 pts quite happily, papering over the cracks, who knows?

SMAXXA
08-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Says nothing about the dressing room like getting beat said nothing about the dressing room. People look for issues and want to point fingers in many a direction rather than just accept that teams go through a poor period and we won’t have it all our way.

Hibs should more than anyone realise we will have ups and downs, last few weeks don’t make Lennon a bad manager, we have no Devine right to be beating anyone. Look at Aberdeen and st Johnston this season both had poor periods but they are stable and back their manager, I’m glad we have a club that appear to do also despite what some so called Hibs supporters would have us do.

Well done Hibs today, not Lennon not the players not the directors well done Hibs, we are more than individuals and need to stick together through the good and the bad.

hibee_nation
08-12-2018, 08:11 PM
There's nae need to point gingers :greengrin

Ryan69
08-12-2018, 08:32 PM
It's also a team that's caused us plenty of problems in the past...especially in their own plastic pitch. I've been as critical as anyone the last few weeks but let's cut them some slack after a much improved performance and deserved win today

Im just saying that good result...but realiscally speaking we should beat Hamilton 10 times out of 10.

Just hoping its a corner turned. :)

SMAXXA
08-12-2018, 08:32 PM
There's nae need to point gingers :greengrin

Ehhh no idea what your on about 😂😂🙈

Iggy Pope
09-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Swollen knee kept him out.

basehibby
09-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Im just saying that good result...but realiscally speaking we should beat Hamilton 10 times out of 10.

Just hoping its a corner turned. :)

Realistically??? You mean in fantasy land shirley!

If what you are saying had a grain of truth then realistically Celgers and Rantic would be beating US 10 times out of 10. But realistically it's never ever been like that - even when Hibs have been pish and they have been strong we have usually been able to get a result out of them over the course of a season.

Realistically that's how it works - between Hibs and smaller teams in the league such as Hamilton as well.

HibeesLittleHel
09-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Scoring the first goal was key today. Changed Hamilton's game plan of kicking, spoiling, and wasting time even though they were at home..

Spot on. My eyes bled watching them.

My_Wife_Camille
09-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Realistically??? You mean in fantasy land shirley!

If what you are saying had a grain of truth then realistically Celgers and Rantic would be beating US 10 times out of 10. But realistically it's never ever been like that - even when Hibs have been pish and they have been strong we have usually been able to get a result out of them over the course of a season.

Realistically that's how it works - between Hibs and smaller teams in the league such as Hamilton as well.
He said ‘should’. We should beat them 10 times out of 10 just like Celtic should beat us 10 times out of 10.

The beauty of football is that what ‘should’ happen isn’t always what does happen.

Johnny_Leith
09-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Says nothing about the dressing room like getting beat said nothing about the dressing room. People look for issues and want to point fingers in many a direction rather than just accept that teams go through a poor period and we won’t have it all our way.

Hibs should more than anyone realise we will have ups and downs, last few weeks don’t make Lennon a bad manager, we have no Devine right to be beating anyone. Look at Aberdeen and st Johnston this season both had poor periods but they are stable and back their manager, I’m glad we have a club that appear to do also despite what some so called Hibs supporters would have us do.

Well done Hibs today, not Lennon not the players not the directors well done Hibs, we are more than individuals and need to stick together through the good and the bad.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 👏

Wilson
09-12-2018, 03:06 PM

It is strange that all the contextual information we have received relates directly to the dressing room. Parker's comments about certain players not giving 100%. Talk of senior players rallying (lets say) the younger players. Confidence issues.

These aren't made up issues that people are looking for. They are real.

I'd say these issues would be reflected in performances and that positive results are a sign that we are meeting these challenges - which is a good thing.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2018, 05:27 PM
He said ‘should’. We should beat them 10 times out of 10 just like Celtic should beat us 10 times out of 10.

The beauty of football is that what ‘should’ happen isn’t always what does happen.

He also said "realistically".

As you pointed out, it's not realistic at all.

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2018, 05:36 PM

The dressing room presumed lost was found. Surprisingly, it had been under the stand all along.

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Bo-ring. For too much common sense and perspective and will never catch on. Much prefer to think of us as invincible or doomed and Lennon as the messiah or a dismal failure.

Keith_M
09-12-2018, 05:57 PM
So, what was the answer?

Was it, "the dressing room has flock wallpaper"?

Hibbyradge
09-12-2018, 06:55 PM
So, what was the answer?

Was it, "the dressing room has flock wallpaper"?

That might explain the seagulls.

Dashing Bob S
09-12-2018, 07:21 PM

Wish I had a photograph of the dressing room

CRAZYHIBBY
09-12-2018, 07:26 PM
I dont think the result explains anything about the dressing room. All it says is that we won one game in eight and we need investment in the team. A win against hamilton doesnt make things ok it just appeases the bed wetters for a week

Lago
09-12-2018, 07:29 PM
It's also a team that's caused us plenty of problems in the past...especially in their own plastic pitch. I've been as critical as anyone the last few weeks but let's cut them some slack after a much improved performance and deserved win today

Well said.

Iggy Pope
09-12-2018, 07:29 PM

Wish I had a photograph of the dressing room

Ah. Loving this. Niche but wonderful none the less :wink:
Is Stokesy still in IRan?

Hibbyradge
09-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Ah. Loving this. Niche but wonderful none the less :wink:
Is Stokesy still in IRan?

I can see you stretching for a pun, but you're so far away.

Captain Trips
09-12-2018, 08:17 PM
All the results over weekend tell me we are off the pace not due to anything other than our own fault.

I think we will be right back into this sooner rather than later.

09-12-2018, 08:35 PM
I don't think it was ever a case of "losing the dressing room". That phrase is always the first to come out when a team is going through a bad patch. I dare say, after recent bad results, some angry words may have been exchanged in the dressing room in frustration but theres a big difference between angry words after a bad result and "losing the dressing room". If anything, I hope to God our players and our manager is exchanging angry words after a frustrating result, it shows they actually give a ****. Far rather that than players simply shrugging their shoulders and having an "awck well never mind" attitude. The reason we ended up relegated 4 years ago was because we had too many players with just that attitude, no passion and simply couldn't really care if we got beat as long as they were still picking up a wage at the end of the day.

Jones28
09-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Take the 3 pts quite happily, papering over the cracks, who knows?

My thinking is that there has been an unhappy, but still unified, dressing room. They know things haven't been good enough but are determined to turn a corner.

Iggy Pope
09-12-2018, 08:41 PM
I can see you stretching for a pun, but you're so far away.

Don’t ask me but I’m seeing wee green men standing in the doorway. :wink: