PDA

View Full Version : Team selection and subs

Diclonius
03-11-2018, 05:35 PM
My thoughts from today:
Milligan stabilised our midfield when brought in. Why put him in defence when we have two better centre backs? The midfield was lost today without him.
Bartley isn't needed for these games, as much as I hate to say it.
One up top isn't working and it certainly won't with Maclaren up front. He has no service today.
What was the point of the defensive switch? If Whittaker has to come off, why move Ambrose (who was having a perfectly good game at CB) over and disrupt the back pairing?
What's the point of Mavrias? If Lennon is changing the RB, why doesn't our natural RB come on? If he's not fit to play he shouldn't be on the bench.

Flat 4-4-2 with players playing (and staying) in their natural positions next week, please.

Libby Hibby
03-11-2018, 05:54 PM
I can’t disagree with that

Lewiehas2
03-11-2018, 05:56 PM
4-4-2 or 3-5-2 which worked last season with Boyle OUT WIDE

Hi Heid Yin
03-11-2018, 05:57 PM
I do feel that Neil Lennon has been "tinkering" unnecessarily in some cases, and this has resulted in "hit or miss" performances.
He has moved players out of their best positions and "experimented" constantly since the season kicked off - sometimes change has been enforced on him, but other times he has baffled me with his line ups, where it appears that some players will get a game regardless of how well they might have done in the previous game , or which position on the park they occupied.

Please don't misread this post: I am 100% behind a manager who I consider to be the best manager I have witnessed since the halcyon days of Eddie Turnbull.

we are hibs
03-11-2018, 06:01 PM
He needs to start playing players in position. Absolutely no need for Milligan at centre back and no need for Boyle upfront today. All in all it was a terrible performance from the first minute to the last. Midfield out with Bartley was non existent defensively.

wookie70
03-11-2018, 06:11 PM
I do feel that Neil Lennon has been "tinkering" unnecessarily in some cases, and this has resulted in "hit or miss" performances.
He has moved players out of their best positions and "experimented" constantly since the season kicked off - sometimes change has been enforced on him, but other times he has baffled me with his line ups, where it appears that some players will get a game regardless of how well they might have done in the previous game , or which position on the park they occupied.

Please don't misread this post: I am 100% behind a manager who I consider to be the best manager I have witnessed since the halcyon days of Eddie Turnbull.

I just think it is a mixture of not having a balanced squad, unlucky with injuries and not knowing what our best 11 is even if they all were fit. He stumbled into last years 352 after a bit of tinkering and I think he bought decent players and thought it would all happen again. I think he has some great attributes as a man manager and motivator but I don't see him as being very good at setting a team up and getting a shape that works against the opposition.

It might all come together again this year but I expect it will need a good January window to balance the squad and some luck with injuries. We have so many decent ball players there will be the odd Hamilton type performance but I suspect we will see more games like today before the season is out. Unfortunately, barring Aberdeen, who are starting to click, all our rivals look better this year while we look worse.