PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi Melee

The Harp Awakes
01-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrado, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

I could be wrong. Will playback later.

H18 SFR
01-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Only watched it once on BT Sport but during the melee at the Kamberi sending off, and just after Jimmy Dunne' s finger pointing in his face, did Kamberi take a kick on the back of the leg from a Hearts player? Looked like that wee Guarrado, or whatever his name is? It was just after that Flo totally lost it.

Playback, how about some payback when they come to Easter Road. Hope we pump them silly.

Smartie
01-11-2018, 12:59 PM
It looked to be a clear tactic to noise up our yellow carded players. They were desperate to draw another foul from Bartley, and he did well not to oblige. Kamberi should have been more streetwise than to get involved. Whilst I understand why he did, it could have been a very costly red card for us.

I can't believe what they manage to get away with tbh.

If we get the right ref against them, I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them.

I wouldn't normally want a card-happy, fussy ref for a derby but nowadays I do.

Geo_1875
01-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Don't know about a kick but I thought one of the Hertz players have him a push in the back making it look like he was squaring up to their player right in front of the ref. They had him surrounded so I think he's entitled to be angry.

emerald green
01-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Hearts number 3, Dunne, played a large part in getting Kamberi sent off by getting right in Kamberi's face with the finger pointing. He new exactly what he was doing. It's another form of cheating.

That said, Kamberi has to wise up and not allow himself to be noised up like that.

Alan62
01-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Garruchio clearly shoves Kamberi. Not sure if there's a kick. Presumably he also said something which annoyed Flo.

The 90+2
01-11-2018, 01:52 PM
He lost the plot which could have cost us the game. They are cheating clogging ********s who set out to get him a second yellow even after the first which was a shocker and never a yellow.

Austinho
01-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Don’t have too much sympathy for Flo, he ultimately cost us 3 points by his overreaction, which I think we’d have gone on to get if we had 11.

Should never have been a red, but you can’t act like that, got to keep your cool.

NRW_Hibbie
01-11-2018, 01:59 PM
Don’t have too much sympathy for Flo, he ultimately cost us 3 points by his overreaction, which I think we’d have gone on to get if we had 11.

Should never have been a red, but you can’t act like that, got to keep your cool.

He didn’t cost us 3 points.

J-C
01-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Absolute nonsense.

Geo_1875
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM

If he'd stopped challenging after his first booking you'd have blamed him for costing us 2 points. Nobody to blame but a poor referee and Levein's gang.

Ozyhibby
01-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Kamberri has to be a bit smarter than last night but he’s still young and will learn quickly I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM

There wasn’t much happening in that second half to suggest we were going to go on and get three points. We were barely a threat prior to the sending off. Kanberi, perhaps could have been calmer, but his two bookings were a joke.

hibee62
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Has anybody got the rest of lennon’s Interview where he discusses the sending off? It was mentioned on the match thread but all the news is reporting is his comments on the crowd trouble.

hfc rd
01-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Disagree with the part he cost us 3 points. Game just had a draw written all over it.

Agree that it wasn’t a 2nd yellow, in fact it wasn’t even a foul. His reaction is what got him sent off. Heat of the moment. He’s a young lad and will learn from it though.

Austinho
01-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Disagree with the part he cost us 3 points. Game just had a draw written all over it.

Agree that it wasn’t a 2nd yellow, in fact it wasn’t even a foul. His reaction is what got him sent off. Heat of the moment. He’s a young lad and will learn from it though.We will never know. Although from Lennon’s interview on Hibs TV, it sounds like he was just about to bring on Maclaren and go for the win as Hearts were labouring, but Kamberi’s sending off threw that plan out of the window.

I'm Spartacus
01-11-2018, 02:24 PM
No way he cost us 3 points! I've watched it a couple of times and the bit he starts to go mental is when he's with our players, something must have been shouted i'm guessing.

hibbysam
01-11-2018, 03:48 PM
No way he cost us 3 points! I've watched it a couple of times and the bit he starts to go mental is when he's with our players, something must have been shouted i'm guessing.

Unless we are now getting 4 points for wins then he couldn’t cost us 3 points.

Scooter
01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
He lost it but OMG anyone watching will not want to mess the Kamberi. How many players did it take to hold him back! He's a beast!

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 05:03 PM
It looked to be a clear tactic to noise up our yellow carded players. They were desperate to draw another foul from Bartley, and he did well not to oblige. Kamberi should have been more streetwise than to get involved. Whilst I understand why he did, it could have been a very costly red card for us.

I can't believe what they manage to get away with tbh.

If we get the right ref against them, I could see us taking 5 or 6 off them.

I wouldn't normally want a card-happy, fussy ref for a derby but nowadays I do.
After a 0-0 draw you could see us scoring 6 goals with the right referee?

SRHibs
01-11-2018, 05:07 PM

Anything less than 6 goals next time at Tynie then there’ll be riots.

In reality, Dallas was *****, but for everyone. Could have easily given them a penalty in the first half, and Bartley might’ve seen red on a different day.

Smartie
01-11-2018, 05:07 PM

With the right referee they'd finish the game with about 7 players and we'd have the space to utterly horse them.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
With the right referee they'd finish the game with about 7 players and we'd have the space to utterly horse them.Which 4 of their players should've been sent off last night?

Smartie
01-11-2018, 05:37 PM
Which 4 of their players should've been sent off last night?

The game can change based on yellow card decisions, as it did last night.

I thought they got off very lightly on that front, and they often do. If they started getting booked for bookable offences they'd quickly lose the place, and rammies like the one that saw Kamberi sent off would see Hearts players sent off.

Honestly - they've got it coming, as they've been riding their luck in this regard for some time.

To answer your question - the way the game played out, none of them should have been sent off last night.

Famous Fiver
01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Smith should have had a straight red for his elbow in Boyle's throat while kicking at him at the same time and at least a yellow for his involvement in the confrontation that followed.

All he got was a yellow, the same as Boyle, who was the victim.

Scotty Leither
01-11-2018, 05:49 PM
Their players knew exactly what they were doing.

We've toughened up mentally under Lennon, but we've a bit to go before we're as streetwise as that mob which stems from their manager, as their tactics were certainly "vintage Levein" last night. For instance I would have liked us to have crowded the ref last year after Cochrane's karate kick on McGinn, which he deemed only worthy of a booking.

Mind you who was the ref in that game again? Oh aye, a certain Andrew Dallas...

Heckys Wheel
01-11-2018, 05:50 PM

I’ll be honest, he did as much in the 20 before his sending off as the 20 minutes after. He looked disinterested after half time and I’m sure was about to be hooked before it all kicked off.

He’s a great player but can be really frustrating at times.

hibbysam
01-11-2018, 06:36 PM
I’ll be honest, he did as much in the 20 before his sending off as the 20 minutes after. He looked disinterested after half time and I’m sure was about to be hooked before it all kicked off.

He’s a great player but can be really frustrating at times.

Don’t think he was going to be the one getting hooked but Lennon did state he felt the yellow impacted his game as he was treading egg shells so to speak. Has Dallas refereed flo before and had an issue with him? First one was so strange it was almost petulant from Dallas and I didn’t see flo have an issue with him (where a players dissent may influence the next decision against him by that ref). They did also have a lengthy chat on the pitch at half time just before the second half kicked off.

Deansy
01-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Their players knew exactly what they were doing.

We've toughened up mentally under Lennon, but we've a bit to go before we're as streetwise as that mob which stems from their manager, as their tactics were certainly "vintage Levein" last night. For instance I would have liked us to have crowded the ref last year after Cochrane's karate kick on McGinn, which he deemed only worthy of a booking.

Mind you who was the ref in that game again? Oh aye, a certain Andrew Dallas...

THIS !

We've matched them on the physical side so now we need to work on the 'ugly-side' - it works for them !

rcarter1
01-11-2018, 08:10 PM
THIS !

We've matched them on the physical side so now we need to work on the 'ugly-side' - it works for them !

Totally, if they are going to spend 90 minutes looking to cheat the ref, we need to go into these games laughing in their faces at every instance of shirt pulling, shoving, etc - while making it vocally clear in ear shot of the ref as to what is going on. This is Levein we are talking about; Hearts will do everything in their power to foul us to the hilt, while at the same time get us sent off using every deceptive sleight of hand they can pull off. No question we should prepare and train specifically with how to play against dirty teams like Hearts. We are on the right track. Next time Flo - just shrug it off - they are laughable excuses for footballers.

:lolyam:

HFC_NYC
01-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Am I right in saying that the second yellow was for his aggression during the melee rather than the challenge (which he won fairly)? If this is the case, then the ref has really screwed us here by not allowing play to continue. If play had been allowed to continue (as it should have) there would have been no melee and no sending off.

hibbysam
01-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Am I right in saying that the second yellow was for his aggression during the melee rather than the challenge (which he won fairly)? If this is the case, then the ref has really screwed us here by not allowing play to continue. If play had been allowed to continue (as it should have) there would have been no melee and no sending off.

He gave a foul.

HFC_NYC
01-11-2018, 09:19 PM
He gave a foul.

Right, but the point I was making was that it wasn't actually a foul, so the sending off is directly a result of shocking refereeing.

hibbysam
01-11-2018, 09:20 PM
Right, but the point I was making was that it wasn't actually a foul, so the sending off is directly a result of shocking refereeing.

Absolutely, I don’t think many will disagree with that.

Nicho87
01-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Am I the only that noticed the Boyle incident. Bt just ignored it, Boyle was going nuts at that fullback cause he clearly throws a kick out at him.

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2018, 11:35 PM
Am I the only that noticed the Boyle incident. Bt just ignored it, Boyle was going nuts at that fullback cause he clearly throws a kick out at him.BT did cover it at the end of the game. At the time, I thought Boyle might go off because he kept pushing Smith.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
02-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Am I the only that noticed the Boyle incident. Bt just ignored it, Boyle was going nuts at that fullback cause he clearly throws a kick out at him.

Right in front of me, clear as day.

danhibees1875
02-11-2018, 07:42 AM
BT did cover it at the end of the game. At the time, I thought Boyle might go off because he kept pushing Smith.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It was only with the help of the replay that I could see what had happened - I thought Boyle had just lost it. It's not ideal, and hard in the heat of the moment, but if you're kicked/elbowed then really you should be going down or just playing on - anything else just gets you the same punishment as the offender. Risking yellow/red by getting involved does us no favours.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2018, 09:10 AM
How many goals has kamberi scored for us

Greenbeard
02-11-2018, 09:32 AM
NOt done the maths but are you suggesting he's not up to it?
Granted, he is not quite on the form of last season but that came in partnership with Jamie Mac and we haven't seen them together yet. I am itching to see these two up front together.
I also think he could well be playing to orders to put himself about a bit. Just got to watch he doesn't get a reputation. Wed night's playground hard man antics def not helped in that regard. Just get on with playing hard football son. Any more confrontational wind-up situations, then hands behind your back, shrig your shoulders and laugh in the face of the intimidators. Any so called professional footballer who isn't well tutored not to react to verbal intimidation isn't professional enough.

CapitalGreen
02-11-2018, 09:39 AM

17 goals in 28 games.

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:43 AM
Kamberis first booking was for repeated fouling first of all he never even touched the Hearts guy secondly he was the one being fouled straight from kick off there were always four of the Orcs on him that’s why Lenny was going radge on the touch line 😬

Callum_62
02-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Kamberis first booking was for repeated fouling first of all he never even touched the Hearts guy secondly he was the one being fouled straight from kick off there were always four of the Orcs on him that’s why Lenny was going radge on the touch line ��

His first booking for 'persistant' fouling - was it 3 fouls? was one of the softest ive seen

The last 'foul' was probably not even a foul (and the defender made a hash of the header and didnt claim at all - Stevenson was on the break)

His first 2 were so insignificant that I cant remember them....but I believe just backing in type of fouls. Absolutely ridiculous booking

BILLYHIBS
02-11-2018, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;5593441]His first booking for 'persistant' fouling - was it 3 fouls? was one of the softest ive seen

The last 'foul' was probably not even a foul (and the defender made a hash of the header and didnt claim at all - Stevenson was on the break)

His first 2 were so insignificant that I cant remember them....but I believe just backing in type of fouls. Absolutely ridiculous booking[/QUOTE
👍🏾

Smartie
02-11-2018, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;5593441]His first booking for 'persistant' fouling - was it 3 fouls? was one of the softest ive seen

His first 2 were so insignificant that I cant remember them....but I believe just backing in type of fouls. Absolutely ridiculous booking[/QUOTE
👍🏾

The fouls were nonsense but he was in the ref's ear constantly.

I think he pissed the ref off, who didn't need much encouragement to find 2 bookings for him.

On the face of it Kamberi didn't do much wrong, but I thought he was asking for trouble at times and could do with learning to button it.

rcarter1
02-11-2018, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=BILLYHIBS;5593443]

The fouls were nonsense but he was in the ref's ear constantly.

I think he pissed the ref off, who didn't need much encouragement to find 2 bookings for him.

On the face of it Kamberi didn't do much wrong, but I thought he was asking for trouble at times and could do with learning to button it.

Totally agree, the fouls were individually soft - or not even fouls. Young player, but I'd like to think that Flo could focus some energy on keeping his cool. Could be awkward if he is actually being asked to noise up the ref, or to 'hassle' the defenders.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2018, 02:48 PM
NOt done the maths but are you suggesting he's not up to it?
Granted, he is not quite on the form of last season but that came in partnership with Jamie Mac and we haven't seen them together yet. I am itching to see these two up front together.
I also think he could well be playing to orders to put himself about a bit. Just got to watch he doesn't get a reputation. Wed night's playground hard man antics def not helped in that regard. Just get on with playing hard football son. Any more confrontational wind-up situations, then hands behind your back, shrig your shoulders and laugh in the face of the intimidators. Any so called professional footballer who isn't well tutored not to react to verbal intimidation isn't professional enough.

No i was only asking how many goals hes scored for us:confused:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2018, 02:49 PM
17 goals in 28 games.

Thanks

brog
02-11-2018, 03:12 PM

If Boyle had been playing for Yams he would have thrown himself to the ground clutching his face as soon as he felt the elbow & before the sly kick. Although it cost us, I'm still glad we don't indulge in that crap. Incidentally, play was called back & Yams awarded a throw in for a ball which was never out of play so we lost out twice in the same incident.

A Hi-Bee
02-11-2018, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;5593544]

Totally agree, the fouls were individually soft - or not even fouls. Young player, but I'd like to think that Flo could focus some energy on keeping his cool. Could be awkward if he is actually being asked to noise up the ref, or to 'hassle' the defenders.

Pleased that Neil Lennon brought up the part played in Flo being sent off by the little **** carrioco or whatever his name is, also interesting to note that it was only when he ran past Flo saying something that Flo really burst. Dare I suggest that this may have had something to do with where both players originate from, Flo obviously understood what was said.