PDA

View Full Version : Murrayfield attendance

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 06:28 PM
Given as 61k. Celtic and Hearts both got 30k tickets each. Celtic sold out Hearts sold 28k. Where did the extra 3k come from? 3k seem a lot for hospitality 🤔

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
28-10-2018, 06:30 PM
Given as 61k. Celtic and Hearts both got 30k tickets each. Celtic sold out Hearts sold 28k. Where did the extra 3k come from? 3k seem a lot for hospitality 🤔

Murryfield debentures, sponsors etc

G B Young
28-10-2018, 06:38 PM
Don't know how many hospitality tickets were sold (apparently the total attendance beat the 60k plus who watched us host Rangers at ER in 1957), but I must say it makes it all the more satisfying that after all their whinging about having to go to Hampden they ended up getting cuffed in front of so many of their own fans. Good effort by Celtic BTW to sell 30k for a match which probably ranks quite low in terms of importance to them.

lyonhibs
28-10-2018, 06:39 PM
File under "who cares" for me.

Lago
28-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Murryfield didn't half show Hampden up as a tired out of date stadium. Going to cost a small fortune to up date it.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-10-2018, 06:45 PM
So a record crowd since 1965 see a football game in Edinburgh. Hearts get pumped. Nice :)

Billy Whizz
28-10-2018, 06:46 PM
So a record crowd since 1965 see a football game in Edinburgh. Hearts get pumped. Nice :)

Propably the most Jambos to see them get a good pumping in years, and it could have been 5 or 6 easily. Such a shame it wasn’t

Famous Fiver
28-10-2018, 06:49 PM
28,000 home early for their tea.

You couldn't make it up.

Oh ma sides.......

linlithgowhibbie
28-10-2018, 06:52 PM
28,000 home early for their tea.

You couldn't make it up.

Oh ma sides.......

Aye but we are in our beds whilst they are partying apparently,,,,,,NOT:thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
28-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Is it the biggest crowd for football in Scotland this century?

Since90+2
28-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Apparently quite a few Hearts fans with a sore face after coming off worse after a few battles before and after the game.

SirDavidsNapper
28-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Thought Murrayfield looked great on the tele. Beats Hampden hands down.

Crab apple
28-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Propably the most Jambos to see them get a good pumping in years, and it could have been 5 or 6 easily. Such a shame it wasn’t

:agree: Could easily have been 5 or 6. I think it will be on Saturday when the ****bos visit Darkeid.

WHAM
28-10-2018, 07:04 PM

Stands behind the goals still a mile from the pitch so not much difference to me.

Smartie
28-10-2018, 07:10 PM

I thought there was far too much space behind each goal, the ball ran funny on the pitch and the atmosphere was flat.

Hampden is poor, but Murrayfield is absolutely not the answer.

I think we need to tough it out at Hampden for a bit, then work out a way to rebuilt it properly with the stands behind the goals much nearer the pitch.

Pretty Boy
28-10-2018, 07:11 PM
14000 of them will be back in their box for another 5 years when they are next due a decent cup run.

Hope the Grannies and other assorted hangers on enjoyed their wee day out:faf:

LancashireHibby
28-10-2018, 07:16 PM
Would have thought so given the lower capacities of Celtic Park/Ibrox/Hampden since the late 90s.

Keith_M
28-10-2018, 07:21 PM

More than the capacity of any football ground, so it must be.

Carheenlea
28-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Great attendance, but you can factor in a bit of novelty value in the numbers, particularly Hearts. A lot of those fans would have had no interest in travelling as far as Hampden.

hibsfan7
28-10-2018, 08:21 PM
Murrayfield looks poor. They've cobbled the new stands round that old one and it just looks out of place. Put a cheesy looking curve on each end of it to join it all together. Just draws attention to the fact it was badly improvised...

Stonewall
28-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Murrayfield looks poor. They've cobbled the new stands round that old one and it just looks out of place. Put a cheesy looking curve on each end of it to join it all together. Just draws attention to the fact it was badly improvised...

i don’t think anyone was saying Murrayfield is perfect (it’s clearly not), it’s just 10 times better than Hampden and around 10,000 more people were able to see the game. How is that a bad thing?

JXM73
28-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Stands behind the goals still a mile from the pitch so not much difference to me.

Funny i felt closer to the pitch and i had almost identical row as celtic park last week...

CentreLine
28-10-2018, 08:49 PM

Not really. Several rows of seats blanked off to separate fans from being closer to the playing surface. Murrayfield is a fantastic stadium, inside and out.

heretoday
28-10-2018, 09:07 PM
I thought there was far too much space behind each goal, the ball ran funny on the pitch and the atmosphere was flat.

I think we need to tough it out at Hampden for a bit, then work out a way to rebuilt it properly with the stands behind the goals much nearer the pitch.

I agree about Murrayfield and I think we should rebuild Hampden outside Glasgow. Cumbernauld or somewhere central that needs a boost.

ancient hibee
28-10-2018, 09:14 PM
I agree about Murrayfield and I think we should rebuild Hampden outside Glasgow. Cumbernauld or somewhere central that needs a boost.
Considering the SFA didn’t have £5M to buy Hampden I wouldn’t hold your breath.

LaMotta
28-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Great attendance, but you can factor in a bit of novelty value in the numbers, particularly Hearts. A lot of those fans would have had no interest in travelling as far as Hampden.

:agree:

Plenty of Celtic fans in the Hearts end as well by all accounts.

LaMotta
28-10-2018, 09:19 PM

:agree:

CMurdoch
28-10-2018, 09:19 PM

I would be happy if they brought the ends in and made it a (tin hat on) 40,000 seater stadium which would see it fall between the 20,000 approx capacity stadiums of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie and the 50,000 Ibrox, 60,000 Parkhead and 70,000 Murrayfield. That way the match venue could be chosen based on how many seats they needed.

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Same old story. Once again about 28,000 Jambos at Murrayfield for a big game, around half of whom have set foot in Tynecastle.

Weegreenman
28-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Watched both Semi finals and I’ve got to say that Hampden was the winner for me. The atmosphere was far superior! Murrayfield would be great for a short journey for us Embra folk but it’s just not a good football stadium for me.

Dashing Bob S
28-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Watched both Semi finals and I’ve got to say that Hampden was the winner for me. The atmosphere was far superior! Murrayfield would be great for a short journey for us Embra folk but it’s just not a good football stadium for me.

Bit of a Fred v Rose West childcare expertise debate

Smartie
29-10-2018, 09:36 AM
I would be happy if they brought the ends in and made it a (tin hat on) 40,000 seater stadium which would see it fall between the 20,000 approx capacity stadiums of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie and the 50,000 Ibrox, 60,000 Parkhead and 70,000 Murrayfield. That way the match venue could be chosen based on how many seats they needed.

I've not heard that suggested before but tbh it is genius.

Possibly smaller than 40,000 - maybe 30-35,000, as that is the size of stadium that none of our clubs require but that we quite often have a need for in Scotland.

Much as it pains me to say it, I do think that the other 2 big grounds in Glasgow are good for watching football (bar the odd restricted view seat) and it would make sense to hold our biggest games there.

Murrayfield is just not for me.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2018, 11:12 AM
I have to say I'm a bit surprised Hertz couldn't sell the 30,000 tickets they were given … for such a big game being played in Edinburgh I would have thought that would have been achievable for Scotland's so called 3rd biggest club, especially considering they currently sit top of the league and have already beaten Celtic this season.

Still … 61,000 is a pretty healthy attendance for a semi in our 2nd biggest cup competition .. the Yams must have made a fair wedge from this cup run, it just shows the value of cheating in the group stages :greengrin

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Murryfield debentures, sponsors etc

Hampden Debentures got 3k

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 11:18 AM
I have to say I'm a bit surprised Hertz couldn't sell the 30,000 tickets they were given … for such a big game being played in Edinburgh I would have thought that would have been achievable for Scotland's so called 3rd biggest club, especially considering they currently sit top of the league and have already beaten Celtic this season.

Still … 61,000 is a pretty healthy attendance for a semi in our 2nd biggest cup competition .. the Yams must have made a fair wedge from this cup run, it just shows the value of cheating in the group stages :greengrin

Aberdeen are the biggest winners in all of it. 10k fans, in the final and get a 4th or all gate receipts. Shows how much we’ve lost by not hammering them in the most frustrating match since Pats last game.

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Aberdeen are the biggest winners in all of it. 10k fans, in the final and get a 4th or all gate receipts. Shows how much we’ve lost by not hammering them in the most frustrating match since Pats last game.

Indeed, though I'm not too down on Hibs for that game, its probably the best we have played all season and it was a travesty that we lost it. As Aberdeen showed that day and yesterday sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Its a fact though that losing that game has probably cost us about half a million quid, even more if we had gone on to make the final … lets hope we can make up for it in the Scottish cup :aok:

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Indeed, though I'm not too down on Hibs for that game, its probably the best we have played all season and it was a travesty that we lost it. As Aberdeen showed that day and yesterday sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Its a fact though that losing that game has probably cost us about half a million quid, even more if we had gone on to make the final … lets hope we can make up for it in the Scottish cup :aok:

Yeah I’m there too. It’s **** but we played brilliantly. Scottish cup we have a special relationship with these days anyway eh? 😁

matty_f
29-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Attendance was considerably lower with fifteen minutes to go.

Keith_M
29-10-2018, 12:03 PM
What was the fighting in the Hearts End all about?

Was it Celtc infiltrators?

:dunno:

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Chelsea looking for Rangers. Or it could be the fact that a lot of Jambos are ****.

It only kicked off in the second half when hearts are getting pumped. Celtic fans then go looking for trouble, spitting on children the likes? No danger. Bunch of Craig Leveins who can’t take getting pumped. Look at the seats they tear out every time we horse them at ER

The 90+2
29-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Attendance was considerably lower with fifteen minutes to go.

No, that was hearts fans “dressed as seats” *

Sorry for the worst retort in the world

CMurdoch
29-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Think it was a little bit of that but the main cause appears to have been drunken day trippers

Nutmegged
29-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Don't know how many hospitality tickets were sold (apparently the total attendance beat the 60k plus who watched us host Rangers at ER in 1957), but I must say it makes it all the more satisfying that after all their whinging about having to go to Hampden they ended up getting cuffed in front of so many of their own fans. Good effort by Celtic BTW to sell 30k for a match which probably ranks quite low in terms of importance to them.

I think we probably underestimate how important these games are to Celtic fans, I've been guilty of it myself thinking since they regularly win honours semis and finals wont mean as much to them but I think I'm wrong

Famous Fiver
29-10-2018, 07:09 PM
Nasty rumour that some of the wee pets were throwing their scarves away as they left.

Well, I never.............

Just Alf
30-10-2018, 07:18 AM
Nasty rumour that some of the wee pets were throwing their scarves away as they left.

Well, I never.............Clips on twitter of a bit of that and more of them fighting amongst them selves :faf:

PS we also have twats, but they seem to take it to a whole new level!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk