PDA

View Full Version : Celtc, The Rangers & Aberdeen, League Positions

Keith_M
30-09-2018, 04:45 PM
...are currently 5th, 6th and 7th respectively

I realise we're only 7 games into the season but I still find that amazing... in a good way, obviously

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 05:19 PM
I'd imagine Celtic will be on top come game 14, the Huns probably in the mix with us and the yams for second.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Celtic, Huns and St Mirren the only teams without an away league win this season.

where'stheslope
30-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Celtic look a pale reflextion on previous seasons, not much up front and teams getting in their faces in midfield snuffing out their main threat!
Rangers are also there for the taking, good at home but absolutely dire away from home!
Aberdeen still not the team they were the last few seasons?
So far the Lothian Tri-ads are looking good and are where they are on merit!!!!
The more we all stick it to the GFA and Old Firm the better!!!!

bingo70
30-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Think it was Tam McManus on twitter asking the question if Celtic hadn’t made such a bad start to the season would Stevie G be coming under more pressure?

Rangers European run has obviously banked him some credits but if they’re not able to compete on both fronts that could end up counting against him.

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Celtic, Huns and St Mirren the only teams without an away league win this season.

Not so sure about Sevco. They are not creating many chances. What’s been saving them so far is they are taking a very high percentage of the chance they have been making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
30-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Think it was Tam McManus on twitter asking the question if Celtic hadn’t made such a bad start to the season would Stevie G be coming under more pressure?

Rangers European run has obviously banked him some credits but if they’re not able to compete on both fronts that could end up counting against him.

When he was appointed I predicted Gerrard could be gone by Christmas. That opinion has been derided by many, and perhaps correctly, but we are still early in the season.

hfc rd
30-09-2018, 08:27 PM

The European run is what has saved him from scrutiny. Take that out and it’s a very poor start. Also the fact Celtic have started this season pretty poorly, there would have been an expectation that Gerrarrd’s Sevco would have capitalised but they’ve not. Only two clubs that have stepped up to the plate are the two Edinburgh clubs

Ozyhibby
30-09-2018, 09:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/81b4c01192ccd3827034c12462a27c00.png
We’re two points and two places better off than this point last season last season.

Jim44
30-09-2018, 09:30 PM
When was the last time Celtic, Sevco (formerly aka Rangers) and Aberdeen all failed to feature in the top 4 of the league at any point in the season? Possibly never, I would guess.

ancient hibee
30-09-2018, 09:46 PM
When was the last time Celtic, Sevco (formerly aka Rangers) and Aberdeen all failed to feature in the top 4 of the league at any point in the season? Possibly never, I would guess.
Possibly 1964/65.Certainly none of them finished in the top four.

matty_f
30-09-2018, 10:02 PM

He's right, if it was Celtc rather than Hearts sitting to of the league, he'd be under huge pressure.

Gerrard has had a very easy ride so far, it'll be interesting to see how he handles games against Hearts and Hibs given he's not managed to beat Aberdeen and Celtc yet.

_hucks_
30-09-2018, 10:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/81b4c01192ccd3827034c12462a27c00.png
We’re two points and two places better off than this point last season last season.

Is that not 2 years ago? Ryder cup wasn't on last year

The_Horde
30-09-2018, 10:28 PM

We weren't in the league two years ago. That will be the recent Ryder cup highlights as it's an ad.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2018, 10:31 PM

It's not a screenshot of a page from last year, it's a page from today on the BBC website which allows you to view historical league tables but the adverts are still current.

It's definitely from last year, we weren't in the Premiership two years ago.

_hucks_
30-09-2018, 11:16 PM
It's not a screenshot of a page from last year, it's a page from today on the BBC website which allows you to view historical league tables but the adverts are still current.

It's definitely from last year, we weren't in the Premiership two years ago.

Yep, that's probably a better indicator!

SeanWilson
01-10-2018, 01:48 AM
What is particularly annoying is that if you add McGinn and Allan to our team, we're miles better than anything in this league. Hoping we can start putting chances away and stay fit. Could be a great season.