PDA

View Full Version : Thing you've never tried

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Similar to previous threads but those things you've never ever tried.

I'll kick-off with..

Nandos. (cheeky or otherwise)

Rattler
26-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Never tried Nando's either - and intend to keep it that way!

Never tried rose wine either

danhibees1875
26-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Conspiracy theories.

From the outlandish ones about Flat Earths, the moon landing, and 9/11 or even the more mild and well-observed ones about referees giving everything against Hibs, or the SFA ensuring that every final is an Old Firm final (or ensuring that every final isn't an OF final, depending on how the draw went).

I think I'm missing a trick though - they look fun from the outside.

GlesgaeHibby
26-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Never tried Nando's either - and intend to keep it that way!

Never tried rose wine either

Some good one's out there, if you stay away from the horrendously sweet Zinfandel types.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Buckfast

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Attending rugby.

Smartie
26-09-2018, 12:34 PM
Playing cricket.

I've never held a bat or a ball.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2018, 05:21 PM
I've never done a bungee jump or thrown myself out of an aircraft.

I have done a paraglide thing, attached to the back of a boat. Teas fun.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Flying in a helicopter
Firing a handgun
Firing a 50 calibre weapon
Drinking Champagne in the Grand Canyon

However these will all be off my never tried list by next week😃

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Had a serious attempt at growing a beard.

BonnieFitbaTeam
26-09-2018, 06:55 PM
Flying in a helicopter
Firing a handgun

However these will all be off my never tried list by next week[emoji2]

Me too, only next month rather than next week. Hang on, I’ve flown a helicopter...

Hibbyradge
26-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Flying in a helicopter
Firing a handgun

I've done the first and last, but have no inclination to try the middle two.

lyonhibs
26-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Really properly riden a bike.
Really properly driven a car.

Drank coffee or tea.

MSK
26-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Absinthe

Hibrandenburg
26-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Heroin, might try it if I'm ever diagnosed with something terminal but I'm too chicken to give it a go in case I like it.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Rum

bingo70
26-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Coleslaw.

Won’t be changing any time soon either, never tried the stuff and if it’s even on the side of my plate I’ll no eat any chips that are near it.

Even seeing people eat it gives me the boke.

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Coleslaw.

Won’t be changing any time soon either, never tried the stuff and if it’s even on the side of my plate I’ll no eat any chips that are near it.

Even seeing people eat it gives me the bike.

Only ever tried it by mistake and you’re right to avoid it.

Haymaker
26-09-2018, 11:12 PM
Sushi.

Haymaker
26-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Flying in a helicopter
Firing a handgun

The middle two are definitely fun.

Ryan69
27-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Conspiracy theories.

From the outlandish ones about Flat Earths, the moon landing, and 9/11 or even the more mild and well-observed ones about referees giving everything against Hibs, or the SFA ensuring that every final is an Old Firm final (or ensuring that every final isn't an OF final, depending on how the draw went).

I think I'm missing a trick though - they look fun from the outside.

9/11 isnt really a conspiracy though.

It was a preplanned attack by the Government.
Amazing how they find no parts of a plane....but manage to find a hijackers passport.

Every demolition expert and structural engineer agrees that it was a controlled explosion.
If you look closely when the towers collapse...you can see little explosions as it falls.

Flat earth theory is abit ridiculous however.

Cabbage East
27-09-2018, 08:26 AM

Amazing how they find no parts of a plane....but manage to find a hijackers passport.

Every demolition expert and structural engineer agrees that it was a controlled explosion.
If you look closely when the towers collapse...you can see little explosions as it falls.

Buy one get one free on Bacofoil at Waitrose just now mate.

easty
27-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Hahahahaha

Ryan69
27-09-2018, 08:45 AM
Buy one get one free on Bacofoil at Waitrose just now mate.

Take your head out the sand mate.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2018, 08:47 AM

Pure fiction.

calumhibee1
27-09-2018, 10:02 AM

“Every demolition expert and structural engineer agrees it was a controlled explosion.”

No they don’t. Some might. I can guarantee you that every one of them don’t agree that though. Plenty experts have come out and explained why the official story is the most plausible but that doesn’t really fit your theory.

Also, the little explosions can be attributed to molten aluminium mixing with water. But don’t let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory with pre planted bombs and government terrorists etc.

Ryan69
27-09-2018, 10:06 AM
“Every demolition expert and structural engineer agrees it was a controlled explosion.”

No they don’t. Some might. I can guarantee you that every one of them don’t agree that though. Plenty experts have come out and explained why the official story is the most plausible but that doesn’t really fit your theory.

Also, the little explosions can be attributed to molten aluminium mixing with water. But don’t let that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory with pre planted bombs and government terrorists etc.

The aluminium mixing with water at these exact coincidental times...is farcical!

Explain why tower 7 fell the same way then...when not touched?

It coincidently held all the records from there lost $3 trillion dollars they couldnt account for that was confirmed on 10th September

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Didn't you see the planes flying into the buildings?

Didn't you hear Bi Laden brag about it?

Controlled explosion my erse. :faf:

Caversham Green
27-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Things I've never tried? Debating 9/11 with a conspiracy theorist.

It just seem so pointless.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:14 AM
The aluminium mixing with water at these exact coincidental times...is farcical!

Explain why tower 7 fell the same way then...when not touched?

It coincidently held all the records from there lost $3 trillion dollars they couldnt account for that was confirmed on 10th September

So 1 building held records of a Government institution, in another state, that weren't backed up anywhere?

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Half and half tinfoil hats?

calumhibee1
27-09-2018, 10:15 AM

I could have put that 20 mins ago. Wish I still could to be fair.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:16 AM
I could have put that 20 mins ago. Wish I still could to be fair.

Try it.

You can only hate it.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2018, 10:23 AM
So 1 building held records of a Government institution, in another state, that weren't backed up anywhere?

Seems plausible:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 10:39 AM
How does this conspiracy work?

Firstly, we have to accept that no-one involved in the plot has any morals. They care nothing about fellow Americans and have no friends or family who work in the buildings or they don't care about them either.

Then somehow the CIA coaxes, and probably helps, a few jihadis to learn to fly large passenger aircraft and help formulate a plan to crash them into the WTCs.

Then they employ structural engineers and demolition experts to work out how to bring down the buildings at an appropriate time after the initial collision.

A controlled explosion suggests that someone detonated the charges rather than leave it to chance, so timing was crucial during those panic struck minutes.

All those people have to have been 100% reliable in case one of them felt a bit guilty and decided to get it off his or her chest.

If this was true, you'd have to applaud the skills of those responsible, and their ability to hide it all from the public (apart from those who "know" better).

The question for me is why?

Did they really need to bring down buildings to justify a war? Wasn't the act of flying jumbo jets into New York enough?

Why did they bother ensuring that they fell in on themselves? You can't say that they cared about New York or the citizens.

I watched it unfold. Well before there was any collapse, I said that this was the start of WW3. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but no more was needed to send the troops after the culprits.

Why haven't Al Quida not grassed up the CIA for their involvement? They must have known who they were dealing with. Or don't they have intelligence, in both senses of the word?

The buildings fell because of the tons of high octane jet fuel that spewed out of the full planes.

The way the buildings fell has been explained by structural experts.

Conspiracies are funny.

calumhibee1
27-09-2018, 10:47 AM
How does this conspiracy work?

Firstly, we have to accept that no-one involved in the plot has any morals. They care nothing about fellow Americans and have no friends or family who work in the buildings or they don't care about them either.

Then somehow the CIA coaxes, and probably helps, a few jihadis to learn to fly large passenger aircraft and help formulate a plan to crash them into the WTCs.

Then they employ structural engineers and demolition experts to work out how to bring down the buildings at an appropriate time after the initial collision.

A controlled explosion suggests that someone detonated the charges rather than leave it to chance, so timing was crucial during those panic struck minutes.

All those people have to have been 100% reliable in case one of them felt a bit guilty and decided to get it off his or her chest.

If this was true, you'd have to applaud the skills of those responsible, and their ability to hide it all from the public (apart from those who "know" better).

The question for me is why?

Did they really need to bring down buildings to justify a war? Wasn't the act of flying jumbo jets into New York enough?

Why did they bother ensuring that they fell in on themselves? You can't say that they cared about New York or the citizens.

I watched it unfold. Well before there was any collapse, I said that this was the start of WW3. Ok, that was an exaggeration, but no more was needed to send the troops after the culprits.

Why haven't Al Quida not grassed up the CIA for their involvement? They must have known who they were dealing with. Or don't they have intelligence, in both senses of the word?

The buildings fell because of the tons of high octane jet fuel that spewed out of the full planes.

The way the buildings fell has been explained by structural experts.

Conspiracies are funny.

Jet fuel can’t melt steal beamz.

Every structural engineer agrees it was a controlled explosion. Duh.

WeeRussell
27-09-2018, 11:23 AM
Take your head out the sand mate.

Take your ridiculous nonsense theory out of my thread... mate :greengrin

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 01:15 AM
I think 9/11 was an inside job but I don't think the poster should be getting a hard about his opinion on it. There are millions of others who believe this as well.

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 01:17 AM
I have never tried the new East stand since it was redeveloped.

matty_f
28-09-2018, 01:44 AM
I think 9/11 was an inside job but I don't think the poster should be getting a hard about his opinion on it. There are millions of others who believe this as well.

There are millions of people who believe a spirit in the sky created earth in a week, and look where that's got us...

Scouse Hibee
28-09-2018, 06:09 AM
I have never tried the new East stand since it was redeveloped.

Pathetic, call yourself a Hibs fan. You’ll still be wanting a ticket for Tynecastle though!

Hibee87
28-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Im not saying there is not more to the 9/11 than we know BUT:

If it was a controlled explosion who put them there? how many people would have had to be involved to put them there in secret without anyone knowing or finding them?
A controlled explosion leaves little wire residues all over the place. None were found.

Thermite would not have been able to melt the metal, its been proved again and again.

We all seen the planes hit. The weight on the floors collapsing on one another can show how it stacked down........imagine the downforce that would cause, all the air and debris shooting down any hole it can find.......imagine what that might look like? Yip, you guessed it little explosions of dust etc down all the vents and bursting out (most likely the elevator shafts) FFS my 6 year old could probably work that one out.

Like I said I am not saying there isint more to this, or we have not been told everything but what your suggesting is pretty ridiculous.

I have said this on here before, but just take into account (if it was an inside job) how many people would have been involved. You are talking thousands upon thousands all required to keep this secret, and not 1 person has ever came out and claimed to be involved. You simply cant have that many people in the know of such a grand scale inside job and trust they would keep schtum and not have any guilt over the many thousands dead.

Oh and forgetting Bin Laden happy to live a life of hiding by claiming he done something that wasn't him.

If your location is correct and you do indeed live in Amsterdam I think you need stay out the coffee shops for a while mate.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2018, 10:17 AM
There are millions of people who believe a spirit in the sky created earth in a week, and look where that's got us...

In fairness all of the mainstream Christian churches actually acknowledge the theory of evolution. Pope Benedict is on record as refusing to endorse either young earth creationism or intelligent design. From 2007:

'Currently, I see in Germany, but also in the United States, a somewhat fierce debate raging between so-called "creationism" and evolutionism, presented as though they were mutually exclusive alternatives: those who believe in the Creator would not be able to conceive of evolution, and those who instead support evolution would have to exclude God. This antithesis is absurd because, on the one hand, there are so many scientific proofs in favour of evolution which appears to be a reality we can see and which enriches our knowledge of life and being as such.'

I'm wary of taking the thread of topic but it's possible to believe something whilst acknowledging an incomplete knowledge, understanding and imperfections within the theory. I believe in evolution but the concept of 'something from nothing' is a fascinating one and probably as much a philosophical question as a scientific one. It's the inability to accept alternative plausible theories that trouble me about conspiracy theorists; pretty much anything on official record is dismissed as a lie with no real consideration for the question as a whole. I've said it before but the ability to not only listen but hear an alternative argument is a much underrated skill.

Wembley67
28-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Anal sex.

I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Ayrshire Hibee
10-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Tea
Coffee
Buckfast
Drove a car

And for what its worth....9/11 was an inside job

Some people wont wake up :-/

Hibrandenburg
11-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Tea
Coffee
Buckfast
Drove a car

And for what its worth....9/11 was an inside job

Some people wont wake up :-/

Seriously? Are you still at primary school? I can't believe there's an adult that hasn't ever tried tea or coffee.

frazeHFC
11-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Seriously? Are you still at primary school? I can't believe there's an adult that hasn't ever tried tea or coffee.

Wish I was in that boat. I've tried both but absolutely despise both, give me the boak.

Bangkok Hibby
11-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Colonic irrigation...meant to be quite refreshing :wink:

Bangkok Hibby
11-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Anal sex.

I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Depends if you're giving or taking surely :wink:

heretoday
12-10-2018, 05:54 AM
Skydiving. And I'm not about to start now.

calumhibee1
12-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Wish I was in that boat. I've tried both but absolutely despise both, give me the boak.

Agree with coffee, horrendous stuff. Don’t drink tea but it’s nice enough.

HappyAsHellas
12-10-2018, 09:03 AM
I've never tried cocaine but it smells amazing.

Allant1981
12-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Skydiving. And I'm not about to start now.

i done a tandem jump a few years ago, one if the scariest yet amazing things ive ever done, sitting on the inside of a plane with your feet tucked in on the outside of it at 12000 feet was mental

danhibees1875
12-10-2018, 01:19 PM
i done a tandem jump a few years ago, one if the scariest yet amazing things ive ever done, sitting on the inside of a plane with your feet tucked in on the outside of it at 12000 feet was mental

I've not tried it, but feel similarly to bunjee jumps that it's just unnatural - you're not meant to jump out planes. :greengrin It's the irrationality of it that makes me scared I wouldn't be able to do it when up there!

Hibbyradge
12-10-2018, 10:31 PM
I've never tried cocaine but it smells amazing.

:tee hee:

Hermit Crab
14-10-2018, 08:45 PM
I've not tried it, but feel similarly to bunjee jumps that it's just unnatural - you're not meant to jump out planes. :greengrin It's the irrationality of it that makes me scared I wouldn't be able to do it when up there!

You're not meant to go in planes either, its totally unnatural for humans to fly, thats why so many hate it or are not good travellers on flights. I we were meant to fly we would have been given wings.

MSK
14-10-2018, 08:49 PM
You're not meant to go in planes either, its totally unnatural for humans to fly, thats why so many hate it or are not good travellers on flights. I we were meant to fly we would have been given wings.I suppose by using that analogy we are not meant to sail either, if we were meant for the sea we would have been given flippers 😀

Hermit Crab
14-10-2018, 08:51 PM
I suppose by using that analogy we are not meant to sail either, if we were meant for the sea we would have been given flippers 😀

No, but we float in water for 9 months before we are born so we are all naturals. :greengrin

Not to mention some humans are born with webbed feet. :wink:

MSK
14-10-2018, 08:51 PM
No, but we float in water for 9 months before we are born so we are all naturals. :greengrinTrue 😃

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Slip on shoes. Totally pointless and go agInst the whole design of shoes which are to be laced to your feet. Shoes gives and stretch over time hence you lace them to your foot as an adjustment.

Smartie
15-10-2018, 06:21 AM
You're not meant to go in planes either, its totally unnatural for humans to fly, thats why so many hate it or are not good travellers on flights. I we were meant to fly we would have been given wings.

If we weren't meant to fly, we wouldn't have been given the ability to make aeroplanes.

Killiehibbie
15-10-2018, 07:39 AM
If we weren't meant to fly, we wouldn't have been given the ability to make aeroplanes.

Does the same go for drugs to get high or guns and bombs to kill people?

grunt
15-10-2018, 07:58 AM
If we weren't meant to fly, we wouldn't have been given the ability to make aeroplanes.:agree:

HibbyAndy
15-10-2018, 03:27 PM
So how come loads of people took videos on there phone of the plane crashing into the towers ?

Moustache or stubble..I've never ever in my life had either.

Geo_1875
15-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Does the same go for drugs to get high or guns and bombs to kill people?

We don't "make" marijuana, it grows naturally as do many stimulants. As for guns and bombs, that's because we're lazy.

Smartie
15-10-2018, 05:06 PM
So how come loads of people took videos on there phone of the plane crashing into the towers ?

Moustache or stubble..I've never ever in my life had either.

I'd never had a beard until I was 38. Then, over the Christmas holidays 2015 I grew one. Lo and behold, Hibs didn't lose a Scottish Cup tie for some time, and I shaved my beard off the week following our defeat in the Aberdeen semi-final the following year.

In the anticipation of imminent glory of some sort, I have re-grown my beard over the past month............

HibbyAndy
15-10-2018, 05:14 PM
I'd never had a beard until I was 38. Then, over the Christmas holidays 2015 I grew one. Lo and behold, Hibs didn't lose a Scottish Cup tie for some time, and I shaved my beard off the week following our defeat in the Aberdeen semi-final the following year.

In the anticipation of imminent glory of some sort, I have re-grown my beard over the past month............

:thumbsup:

That Aberdeen semi final was gutting , Deflected winner for the sheep to win it with minutes to go :-(

Even then Marciano connected with a header from a corner with seconds to go and i thought it was in :-(

Killiehibbie
15-10-2018, 05:41 PM
We don't "make" marijuana, it grows naturally as do many stimulants. As for guns and bombs, that's because we're lazy.

I was talking about synthetic drugs.

lapsedhibee
15-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Slip on shoes. Totally pointless and go agInst the whole design of shoes which are to be laced to your feet. Shoes gives and stretch over time hence you lace them to your foot as an adjustment.

If we'd been meant to wear lace-up clothing of any sort we'd have been born with eyelets.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Uber taxi.

Scouse Hibee
21-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Peanut butter
Nutella
Lemon curd

Allant1981
21-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Peanut butter
Nutella
Lemon curd

a good peanut butter is great on toast

Hermit Crab
22-10-2018, 07:22 AM
Things you've never tried? Dating Carol Kirkwood but my gosh I'd love to talk about the weather with her. :greengrin

Sylar
22-10-2018, 07:47 AM

I used to get involved in these pretty often. Having been in NY that day, and with advanced science/engineering qualifications, I was always keen to correct the utterly insane claims wherever I came across them. But idiots like Ryan won't be reasoned with. They're utter moonhowlers that don't deserve credence - you can present these people with published literature that explains in crystal clear detail the science behind the building collapses but they've already solidified their own interpretation of events in their head because it fits a narrative they so badly WANT to be true, that they'll provide links to non-peer-reviewed conspiracy websites that "support" their version of events. It's a pointless endeavour. It's the same with climate skeptics - come back to me when you have any qualification or experience whatsoever in climate science or data analysis.

I've never tried drugs, never tried smoking, never tried Buckfast, never tried skiing, never tried any combat sports and I've never tried leaving an aircraft before it was on the ground already.

pollution
22-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Things you've never tried? Dating Carol Kirkwood but my gosh I'd love to talk about the weather with her. :greengrin

Which eye would you talk to??

Bangkok Hibby
22-10-2018, 12:47 PM

She's piling the beef on, must have a boyfriend.

Hermit Crab
22-10-2018, 01:39 PM

She's piling the beef on, must have a boyfriend.

Doesn't bother me, she'd get it.

heretoday
22-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Cross-country skiing.

Jay
22-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Doesn't bother me, she'd get it.

Im sure she would be beside herself with excitement if she read this fantastic offer :top marks

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
22-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Im sure she would be beside herself with excitement if she read this fantastic offer :top marks

:greengrin

Hiya Carol. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-10-2018, 11:57 PM

That's the radgest thing I've ever read. :faf:

calumhibee1
23-10-2018, 06:02 AM
I used to get involved in these pretty often. Having been in NY that day, and with advanced science/engineering qualifications, I was always keen to correct the utterly insane claims wherever I came across them. But idiots like Ryan won't be reasoned with. They're utter moonhowlers that don't deserve credence - you can present these people with published literature that explains in crystal clear detail the science behind the building collapses but they've already solidified their own interpretation of events in their head because it fits a narrative they so badly WANT to be true, that they'll provide links to non-peer-reviewed conspiracy websites that "support" their version of events. It's a pointless endeavour. It's the same with climate skeptics - come back to me when you have any qualification or experience whatsoever in climate science or data analysis.

I've never tried drugs, never tried smoking, never tried Buckfast, never tried skiing, never tried any combat sports and I've never tried leaving an aircraft before it was on the ground already.

Out of interest, what would you say caused the explosions that are so often suggested to be controlled demolition? I saw something along the lines of molten steel (I think) reacts with water (from the sprinklers) and this will pretty much produce an explosion like the ones that were heard.. Sounded pretty reasonable to me and the most plausible of the explanations I’ve heard for them. Certainly more plausible than having hundreds of people planting explosives without anyone ever seeing them do it or anyone of them blabbing about it!

Always found 9/11 utterly fascinating in a weird way.

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2018, 06:31 AM
That's the radgest thing I've ever read. :faf:

True though.

Hiber-nation
23-10-2018, 07:10 AM
True though.

It'a a bit bizarre, even compared to some of the other wacky views on this thread :faf:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2018, 09:54 AM
It'a a bit bizarre, even compared to some of the other wacky views on this thread :faf:

When it was explained to me by some very experienced shoe makers several years ago I didn’t find it bizarre at all, makes perfect sense.

Hibbyradge
23-10-2018, 01:28 PM
When it was explained to me by some very experienced shoe makers several years ago I didn’t find it bizarre at all, makes perfect sense.

I would have found it strange regardless of who had told me it.

The purpose of a shoe is to protect your foot and it matters not how people want to do that.

Some shoes have laces.

Some have buckles or elastic or velcro or zips or nothing.

Some are sandals, sling backs, slippers or high heeled stilettos.

Some are even made of wood.

Saturday Boy
23-10-2018, 02:17 PM

The purpose of a shoe is to protect your foot and it matters not how people want to do that.

Some shoes have laces.

Just described your wardrobe HR? 😄

Hibbyradge
23-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Just described your wardrobe HR? 😄

That's just the bottom shelf :wink:

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Some shoes have laces.

Which is exactly why they don’t fit properly

Proper fitting shoes are laced. END OF 😁

pollution
23-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Good quality slip ons fit perfectly and look stylish in some settings but not in a work suit.

Scouse Hibee
23-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Any form of moisteriser

Hibby70
23-10-2018, 06:10 PM

My second cousin is Gail McGrane. I'll ask her to put in a good word for you.

Hermit Crab
23-10-2018, 06:31 PM

She's tidy anaw! :greengrin

Sylar
24-10-2018, 07:48 AM

Small world, as I'm related to her husband Jon...

Who are you?!?! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Illegal drugs

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2018, 10:09 AM

I don't think it's a small word he wants to put in! 😍

lord bunberry
29-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Similar to previous threads but those things you've never ever tried.

I'll kick-off with..

Nandos. (cheeky or otherwise)
I’ve never tried Nando’s either, but that is going to change tonight. It’s my daughters birthday and that’s where she’s chosen. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised :greengrin

bingo70
29-10-2018, 01:37 PM
I’ve never tried Nando’s either, but that is going to change tonight. It’s my daughters birthday and that’s where she’s chosen. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised :greengrin

It's alright.

That's the annoying thing about it though, it's just over hyped.

If i was a betting man i would bet you will walk out tonight saying "that was alright, but it was just chicken eh?!"

It's not bad but it's nothing special, whoever started the whole 'cheeky nandos' thing either needs shot or a medal depending on what side you're on.

.Sean.
29-10-2018, 02:02 PM
Good quality slip ons fit perfectly and look stylish in some settings but not in a work suit.
Agreed. Cannot beat a pair of GH Bass

lord bunberry
29-10-2018, 08:42 PM
It's alright.

If i was a betting man i would bet you will walk out tonight saying "that was alright, but it was just chicken eh?!"

It's not bad but it's nothing special, whoever started the whole 'cheeky nandos' thing either needs shot or a medal depending on what side you're on.
Aye you’re right. It was decent enough, but they couldn’t really go wrong with what they offer. I did notice it was full of youngsters. There was a woman breastfeeding next to a table of teenage boys, they all sat there not saying a word not knowing where to look, it was the highlight of the evening :greengrin

calumhibee1
29-10-2018, 08:45 PM
It's alright.

The chicken at Nando’s is alright but then you can’t really make an arse of that. The sides are atrocious though from the frozen McCain chips to the microwaved mash.

danhibees1875
29-10-2018, 09:35 PM
It's alright.

I'll take the medal please. According to Google analytics, it wasn't a term until 2014, I used it in a Facebook post in 2011 saying I'd just bumped into Scott brown enjoying a cheeky nandos. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
29-10-2018, 11:24 PM
I'll take the medal please. According to Google analytics, it wasn't a term until 2014, I used it in a Facebook post in 2011 saying I'd just bumped into Scott brown enjoying a cheeky nandos. :greengrin

:tee hee:

Well done.

You've got cheeky nandos, I've got Greggs rumours. :thumbsup:

Hibee87
30-10-2018, 02:25 PM
The chicken at Nando’s is alright but then you can’t really make an arse of that. The sides are atrocious though from the frozen McCain chips to the microwaved mash.

I think the thing about Nandos is its just a step up from a McDonalds or KFC etc in terms of 'fast food' its not mega expensive and its not a place where you would think twice about what to wear.

I admit to not trying Nandos till about a year or so ago and loved it (the chicken anyway) from the pitta with the haloumi to the wraps and burgers. (not a fan of the bolo bun thing I think its called, too hard.) Its casual eating and gives the impression its a bit healthier than a McDonalds (Im not saying it is, and im sure i read there was more fat or sugar in a nandos than a KFC).

Totally agree about the sides, the chips literally are McCains oven chips, and even a wee bit peri peri salt doesnt hide the fact they are. The Macho peas are really nice however as is the corn and super grain. The rest as you say microed *****. All I know is if were out on a Sat afternoon (me the mrs and my son) id rather spend 30 quid at Nandos for a munch than 15-20 for a McDonalds.

On the topic of the thread, ive never tried Wagammas, but I do like making noodle based dishes at home so will hope to try it one day.

bingo70
30-10-2018, 02:46 PM
I think the thing about Nandos is its just a step up from a McDonalds or KFC etc in terms of 'fast food' its not mega expensive and its not a place where you would think twice about what to wear.

I admit to not trying Nandos till about a year or so ago and loved it (the chicken anyway) from the pitta with the haloumi to the wraps and burgers. (not a fan of the bolo bun thing I think its called, too hard.) Its casual eating and gives the impression its a bit healthier than a McDonalds (Im not saying it is, and im sure i read there was more fat or sugar in a nandos than a KFC).

Totally agree about the sides, the chips literally are McCains oven chips, and even a wee bit peri peri salt doesnt hide the fact they are. The Macho peas are really nice however as is the corn and super grain. The rest as you say microed *****. All I know is if were out on a Sat afternoon (me the mrs and my son) id rather spend 30 quid at Nandos for a munch than 15-20 for a McDonalds.

On the topic of the thread, ive never tried Wagammas, but I do like making noodle based dishes at home so will hope to try it one day.

I'd get on to that soon.

Sure i read this morning the chain that own Franky and Benny's are about to buy it.

calumhibee1
30-10-2018, 03:09 PM

Wagamama’s is worth a go. Probably the best reasonably priced chain around IMO.

Hibby70
30-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Small world, as I'm related to her husband Jon...

Who are you?!?! :greengrin

My late mum was from Dingwall (née Innes)

Peevemor
30-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Wagamama’s is worth a go. Probably the best reasonably priced chain around IMO.We often go to Buffalo Grill with the kids (I see there's one in Edinburgh). The menu isn't the same across here but in terms of value for money it's difficult to beat. For the 4 of us it probably costs twice what we'd pay for a McDonalds, but it's well worth the difference.

grunt
30-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Wagamama’s is worth a go. Probably the best reasonably priced chain around IMO.I don't think this is going to be very beneficial https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46029362

Hibbyradge
30-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Tripe.

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 11:51 AM
I've never been to a cricket match. Just got tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at Headingley next August.

HH81
31-10-2018, 03:28 PM
I've never been to a cricket match. Just got tickets for the first day of the Ashes test at Headingley next August.

You must have plenty of cash 😁. Yorkshire contacted me and wanted a big fee for tickets. I declined.

JeMeSouviens
31-10-2018, 03:37 PM
You must have plenty of cash 😁. Yorkshire contacted me and wanted a big fee for tickets. I declined.

£80 a head (gulp) plus petrol plus a couple of nights in a premier inn plus beer money. All told, not cheap. It better not rain!

HH81
31-10-2018, 04:19 PM
£80 a head (gulp) plus petrol plus a couple of nights in a premier inn plus beer money. All told, not cheap. It better not rain!

It will be a good day providing the weather is decent. I'm about 15 miles from Leeds but it's a good night out. Plenty decent drinking places near the ground too.

You will enjoy it and if it does rain you will get money back.

Haymaker
31-10-2018, 04:51 PM

£80 for an all day event (weather depending!) Isn't too bad.

Mibbes Aye
31-10-2018, 09:47 PM

Decent sightlines at Headingley, a range of food options in the ground and of course the chance to drink beer in the sun. Plus you’re not far from a short train ride into the city centre, though I’ve tended more towards Uber when there.

JeMeSouviens
01-11-2018, 10:20 AM
£80 for an all day event (weather depending!) Isn't too bad.

I guess £/hour you're right, it's not too bad.

JeMeSouviens
01-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Decent sightlines at Headingley, a range of food options in the ground and of course the chance to drink beer in the sun. Plus you’re not far from a short train ride into the city centre, though I’ve tended more towards Uber when there.

I'm going with my big Yorkshire pal for local knowledge and blending in value. :greengrin Should be an experience.

oneone73
01-11-2018, 06:27 PM

Not been since the late 90s, but the Western Terrace used to get a bit raucous by the late afternoon!

pollution
01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
A cigarette.

Jones28
03-11-2018, 06:39 AM
A cigarette.

It's so cool, you should get involved