PDA

View Full Version : Agyepong thoughts ?

MSK
15-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Fast, skilfull and not scared to mix it, could turn out to be a good acquisition, looking forward to seeing more of this lad.

Seveno
15-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Looked very good when he came on. Tricky and intelligent.

Barker was exciting but I think we will get a more positive contribution from Agyepong.

wookie70
I agree with that. He looked poor defensively but not due to lack of effort. He was really exciting on the ball and not afraid to shoot. Time will tell if there will be any end product. He might get some game time as Boyle played like his new wee bundle of joy had kept him up all night.

we are hibs
I like the look of him. First time I have seen him and thought he worked hard and took his man on every time and has real pace. He looks raw and has a few things to improve on but good start.

Smartie
15-09-2018, 05:53 PM
I thought he was brilliant.

Strong, fast and spirited, he carried a threat going forward and did some dirty work defensively too.

He's quite like Barker in that he's raw and needs to be playing regularly to improve.

I think his spell at Hibs will be very good for both us and the player.

Onion
15-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Made a difference when he came on for Boyle. Got strength, can take players on, plays with his head up. Impressive.

DaveF
15-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Going forward he looked good. Going back he looked like he was towing a caravan.

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 05:57 PM
He’s got more to his game than I first thought. Looks excellent on the bigger pitch at ER rather than the tighter affair at Livingston.

bod
15-09-2018, 05:57 PM
1st time I've saw him & he's not afraid to tackle unlike Barker

shamo9
15-09-2018, 06:02 PM
He impressed me a lot more than Barker did when he first joined. Exciting going forward but also willing to work off the ball and stick a foot in.

Very early days but I was pleasantly surprised.

hibsmad
15-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Thought he looked great on the ball. Direct, willing to take his man on and not afraid to shoot.

There were a couple of occasions when off the ball he looked to be sleeping a bit. I was looking for him to bomb forward and scream for the ball but he was just standing still or walking. It was like he needed the ball to come to his feet then he came to life.

Overall though I was really pleased with him!

Bob Box Fish
15-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Thought he done very well today and looks a player. Reminds me of De La Cruz.

RoYO!
15-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Effortless speed with the ball at his feet. Glides around. Loved what I saw.

Stevie Reid
15-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Very mature performance.

hibby6270
15-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Nice wee cameo today. Looks like he’ll cause problems against teams once he gets to grips with 5he Scottish way of playing. Kept thinking today he’d have had that new Scotland star right back O’Donnell on toast if he’d swapped wings with Horgan. That’s not to say his contribution today wasn’t worthwhile.

Definitely a future asset to call upon on today’s performance.

Don’t know if it’s a positive or a negative but reminded me of the way Raheem Sterling plays.

erin go bragh
15-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Killie players looked terrified every time he had the ball . Looks some player . Thought he changed the tempo of the game for us second half .

superfurryhibby
15-09-2018, 06:17 PM
He was very good. I thought he worked hard and I’m a bit surprised one or two of us felt he lacked defensively. As for raw, not sure I agree with that. He played something like 50 odd games in two seasons in the Dutch league. He’s going to be a real asset to us over the season.

staunchhibby
15-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Very impressed with him today.Some lovely touches.Hopefully more to come.::aok:

overdrive
15-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Good going forward and has a bit of strength about him. I thought he was ok defensively as well. My only criticism is when he gets back, once we get the ball back he just jogs forward. There was one occasion where I think he won the ball, gave to Mallan and Mallan kept looking to his right expecting him to be there bombing forward. He was we behind, just sauntering forward.

greenlex
15-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Good to see he seems to have learned to stay on his feet. Decent today. Defences won’t like being up against him.

RIP
15-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Put more tackles in, carried the ball further, took more men on and carried more of a threat than Hyndman for example. Both wee but I felt like Emerson looked like a wee boy in amongst men today.

hfc-1875
15-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Thought he was very good when he came on, looks a real threat. Type of player that whenever he gets the ball u get the feeling something will happen. A few more performances like that and he will be keeping Boyle on his toes for a starting place.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-09-2018, 07:59 PM

I thought he was a bit like Didier Agathe.

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Pleasantly surprised glad Lenny has told Horgan to leave the free kicks to Mallon

DJ HIBBY
15-09-2018, 08:11 PM
I thought he was actually similar to Boyle. Fast, direct but still raw around the edges

Lancs Harp
15-09-2018, 08:15 PM
He's seen by City as being behind Barker in his development thats why hes here. Potentially who knows. But City see Hibs as a first step and the Championship as the next step. Barker wanted to come back to Easter Road but City thought the next stage of his development was with an english championship club. Agyepong has great potential and we could well indeed get a great season out of him.

weedgiehibbie
15-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Forgot about Agathe and De La Cruz,both good shouts for similarity but he reminded me of Kevin Harper :greengrin Kinda small-ish right winger/centre forward with pace and also decent strength

calumhibee1
15-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Like the look of him. Good technique and looks rapid in an effortless way, just glides around the pitch when he’s running.

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Thought he looked great on the ball. Direct, willing to take his man on and not afraid to shoot.

There were a couple of occasions when off the ball he looked to be sleeping a bit. I was looking for him to bomb forward and scream for the ball but he was just standing still or walking. It was like he needed the ball to come to his feet then he came to life.

Overall though I was really pleased with him!

Exactly how I saw him. Electric with the ball at his feet, needs a shake without it. Will be exciting tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
15-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Got to admit i was slightly concerned watching his YouTube clips from Holland. Seemed to be of him falling over a lot. Thought he looked the real deal today though. I was impressed.

ekhibee
15-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Thought he had a really good, positive impact when he came on and hopefully he'll be a great asset, as he has pace to burn. In all the clips on YouTube he plays on the left wing, in the ones I saw anyway, so it's good that he can adapt too.

stoneyburn hibs
15-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Already tracked back and tackled more than BB done in a whole season.
I don't mean this to be a slight on Barker, just an obversation.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-09-2018, 09:05 PM
I agree with that. He looked poor defensively but not due to lack of effort. He was really exciting on the ball and not afraid to shoot. Time will tell if there will be any end product. He might get some game time as Boyle played like his new wee bundle of joy had kept him up all night.

Funnily enough, me and my mates were all quite impressed with how defensive and mature he was. Not like a typical young winger at all.

Mango Man
15-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Think he looks a cracking wee player, every time he had the ball we looked dangerous, seems to glide past players with ease, unlucky with his shot near the end, created a nice bit of space for himself.

Nicho87
15-09-2018, 09:22 PM
There was once or twice when he should have run into the space in the right wing area and just casually jogged forward. Improved greatly after this though. I agree i think he will improve with game time. Pace to burn. What was wrong with Boyle?

Bishop Hibee
15-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Good debut. Looked dangerous going forward and did ok defensively.

Criswell
15-09-2018, 10:05 PM
First impression: he looks a player.

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 10:07 PM
He reminded me of Ivan Sproule when he first arrived at ER. Exciting going forward, but a poor end product.

And yes, I was at Ibrox to see his hat trick. Hopefully, Agyepong will repeat that feat.

(I've just realised that I don't know his first name. On my way, Google.)

Hibbyradge
15-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Tam.

Onceinawhile
15-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Strong for a wee guy.

Rapid with some tricks. No end product today, but let's hope it's there somewhere.

Hannah_hfc
15-09-2018, 11:15 PM
It said it all that by the end of the game when he got the ball the crowd were getting on their feet.

Give him a few more games and I think we’ll have an exciting player on our hands.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Better than Barker and faster imo. If we can get the ball to him in acres of space he'll do some damage! Looks like he can also comfortably beat a man as well.

The battle between him and Mitchell in the first derby could be interesting (city v united)

B.H.F.C
15-09-2018, 11:19 PM
Any news on Boyle? He took a knock in the first half but I didn’t think he looked himself other than that.

One Day Soon
15-09-2018, 11:28 PM

Love heart emoji

matty_f
16-09-2018, 09:44 AM
I thought he made a real difference when he came on, he's fast and direct, and players will hate being up against him.

I think he played a big part in is dominating the second half after having been pretty slack in the first half.

Really looking forward to seeing him over the course of the season, he'll be very exciting to watch, imho.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 09:48 AM
He had a surprising bit dig about him. I thought he looked tiny but he got stuck in and put in a couple of very decent challenges.

Looked skilful and when he gets up to speed he'll have defenders having nightmares.

MSK
16-09-2018, 09:52 AM
He had a surprising bit dig about him. I thought he looked tiny but he got stuck in and put in a couple of very decent challenges.

Looked skilful and when he gets up to speed he'll have defenders having nightmares.He flattened one of the big Kilmarnock players in hibs box and came away with the ball, will expect though with the fancy flicks etc he will be rife for the henchmen, if they can catch him 😃

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2018, 10:49 AM
I was impressed, not just by his trickery but also that he seemed to recognise there were times he couldn't take on what was in front of him and offloaded the ball infield instead, that's the sort of maturity which you don't always see in young players … he was willing to put in a challenge as well.

A very promising debut, if that's how he plays all the time he will be a more than adequate replacement for Barker, you could feel a ripple of anticipation go round the crowd when he got the ball and that's always a good thing :aok:

The_Horde
16-09-2018, 11:21 AM

I thought he was a bit like Francis Dickoh.

Oh sorry, we're not just mentioning black players for no actual reason?

Souter96Mac
16-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Wee Tam did not bad.

SirDavidsNapper
16-09-2018, 11:24 AM
I thought he was a bit like Francis Dickoh.

Oh sorry, we're not just mentioning black players for no actual reason?

Had a bit of Craig Rocastle about him

hfc rd
16-09-2018, 11:26 AM
First time I’ve seen him play and was very impressed. Very fast, skilful and for a wee guy - very strong.

Think he’s going to be an excellent player for us

My_Wife_Camille
16-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Good player. Reminded me of Freddy Daquin

The_Horde
16-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Had a bit of Craig Rocastle about him

Agreed. Shades of Sodje in there too.

Squirrel 1875
16-09-2018, 11:41 AM
The unintentional racism in this thread is unreal. It’s like something you’d see on Follow Follow.

For what it’s worth, he reminds me of Brandon Barker.

IGRIGI
16-09-2018, 11:46 AM
I'm struggling to contain my mock outrage and urge to prove I'm the biggest social justice warrior on .net with the outrageous comparisons of fast wingers.

My_Wife_Camille
16-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Agreed. Shades of Sodje in there too.
Reminded me of Forrest Whittaker in a way

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Reminded me of Forrest Whittaker in a way

Hw the guy that looks like Sol Bamba?

Eyrie
16-09-2018, 11:58 AM
The unintentional racism in this thread is unreal. It’s like something you’d see on Follow Follow.

For what it’s worth, he reminds me of Brandon Barker.

But with a better end product and willingness to work back.

For all that Barker was good and we wanted his return, this looks to have worked out for the best. Not only is Agyepong even better than Barker, but Barker going to Preston allowed us to get Horgan as well.

Squirrel 1875
16-09-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm struggling to contain my mock outrage and urge to prove I'm the biggest social justice warrior on .net with the outrageous comparisons of fast wingers.

You missed out black.

The Spaceman
16-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Thought he looked the real deal :agree:

Frightening acceleration, absolutely rapid, can dribble and has a bit of dig about him too. Great debut.

HoboHarry
17-09-2018, 12:49 AM
I would imagine that most of Agyepong's thoughts were geared towards naked women given that he's only 21 years old.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2018, 06:18 AM
Ask me again when he’s had the time on the pitch to be judged properly.

Austinho
17-09-2018, 06:46 AM
He’s just a short Eddie Murphy.

Hermit Crab
17-09-2018, 07:00 AM
Thought he looked the real deal :agree:

Frightening acceleration, absolutely rapid, can dribble and has a bit of dig about him too. Great debut.

His first team debut was away to Livingston where Lennon had him through the middle for some reason. He got kicked to buggery in that game.

Speedy
17-09-2018, 07:08 AM
He looked tricky and was willing to get stuck in which isn't what I nornally expect from a winger.

Hope he manages to keep upping his game and isn't the sort who is found out by defenders after a dozen games.

Carheenlea
17-09-2018, 08:46 AM
I know how to correctly pronounce his name now after hearing the same pronunciation from numerous different people. Nowhere near as complicated as I was initially making it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Looks class.

CathroMustStay
22-09-2018, 04:46 PM
Superb young talent.

Will destroy the yams.

Scooter
22-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Great goal and should really have scored before he actually did

SirDavidsNapper
22-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Looks absolutely excellent. Had my reservations but been very impressed with his last couple of cameos

Allant1981
22-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Looks absolutely excellent. Had my reservations but been very impressed with his last couple of cameos

reservations based on what?

SirDavidsNapper
22-09-2018, 04:55 PM
reservations based on what?

His YouTube vids. Looked very lightweight. Fell over the ball a lot. Looks a different player.

Juice-Terry
22-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Very exciting player. Looks like he's a sensible chap too (based on Hibs TV interview). Would LOVE to sign him up permanently.

Allant1981
22-09-2018, 05:09 PM
His YouTube vids. Looked very lightweight. Fell over the ball a lot. Looks a different player.

i thought he looked not to bad but thats the problem with you tube etc, you end up with an opinion on players before even seeing them, hope he continues to improve

SirDavidsNapper
22-09-2018, 05:13 PM
i thought he looked not to bad but thats the problem with you tube etc, you end up with an opinion on players before even seeing them, hope he continues to improve

Totally agree. My mind was made up before he even kicked a ball for us. Looks outstanding though.

Nevi_SOL
22-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Out of contract in the summer

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2018, 05:18 PM
This guy is a handful for any defender - tricky, pacey and a goal to boot!
A great performance.

Seveno
22-09-2018, 06:01 PM
This guy is a handful for any defender - tricky, pacey and a goal to boot!
A great performance.

And will get booted off the park when we play the Jambos.

whereswallace?
22-09-2018, 06:20 PM
He looks a talent but I think he will frustrate the life out us at times. Both last week and today there are times we have the ball and you’re screaming at him to be 20 yards further up the pitch in a more attacking position and he’s either walking or jogging when we attack.

That said, he has a bit of unpredictability about him and he’s an exciting player. Looking forward to seeing more from him as he gets fitter and better.

calumhibee1
22-09-2018, 06:30 PM
He looks a talent but I think he will frustrate the life out us at times. Both last week and today there are times we have the ball and you’re screaming at him to be 20 yards further up the pitch in a more attacking position and he’s either walking or jogging when we attack.

That said, he has a bit of unpredictability about him and he’s an exciting player. Looking forward to seeing more from him as he gets fitter and better.

Noticed that last week and noticed it again today. Think he might be a bit lazy but when he’s putting it in he looks very good.

JimBHibees
22-09-2018, 06:38 PM

Only saw him last week thought he was great with real hard working attitude done brilliant when Jones got past SDG late on last week. Huge prospect Just hope stays fit.

bingo70
22-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Only saw him last week thought he was great with real hard working attitude done brilliant when Jones got past SDG late on last week. Huge prospect Just hope stays fit.

Agree.

Didn’t see him today but there was nothing lazy about his performance when he came on last week imo.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Carrying a wee hamstring problem according to Lennon.

BT58
22-09-2018, 06:55 PM
My mate says Tam reminds him of Kevin Harper. But i said KH wasnt fast.....
Hopefully Tam will score us loads.

whereswallace?
22-09-2018, 06:56 PM

His work rate isnt in question, I don’t think it’s a lack of effort, possibly just a lack of positional awareness at times. That’s just my opinion from watching him I felt he should be in a more advanced position when we have the ball.

MSK
22-09-2018, 07:00 PM
And will get booted off the park when we play the Jambos.If they catch him 👍

LaMotta
22-09-2018, 07:27 PM

Kevin Harper wasnt fast?! :confused::confused:

ekhibee
22-09-2018, 07:47 PM
You think Harper wasn't fast?

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Seemed to enjoy his goal. Fast feet and could be Barker but with output.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2018, 08:17 PM
And will get booted off the park when we play the Jambos.

This is why we need a strong and decisive ref who will clamp down on our maroon chums from the first minute.
A few yellow cards for their hackers in the early stages of the next derby will make them edgy and scared to do the dirty twice.

AlbertK86
22-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Carrying a wee hamstring problem according to Lennon.

Heard that as well.

Can’t wait to see him when he’s fully fit !!

bigwheel
22-09-2018, 08:46 PM
They way he corkscrewed Cammy Kerr into the turf, as he turned him inside out at the goal, was a joy to watch....think Kerr ( who I like actually) had to check he still had his legs on the right way after it... was top notch [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bod
22-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Kevin Harper wasn’t fast ?

Peevemor
22-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Watching his post match interview on Hibs TV has put a huge smile on my face. He certainly seems to be enjoying himself at Hibs.

tamig
22-09-2018, 09:18 PM

Lol. Compared to Bolt maybe. Kevin Harper was lightning fast. You thinking of Joe Harper?

Iggy Pope
22-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Lol. Compared to Bolt maybe. Kevin Harper was lightning fast. You thinking of Joe Harper?

Maybe Willie Harper.

BILLYHIBS
22-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Said to my laddie when he came on this laddie has jets on his heels and has the potential to be better than Barker. His first touch was to give the ball away to a Dundee defender. My son laughed at me. After the third goal with two defenders sprawling in his wake and the goalie picking the ball out of the net for the third time I turned to him smiled and said “Telt ye! “

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Good player, reminded me a bit of Sol Bamba

BILLYHIBS
22-09-2018, 11:07 PM

Eh?

green day
22-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Dogwhistle

Hibbyradge
22-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Dogwhistle

Nah. Just says things designed to annoy people or to be controversial so he can be the centre of attention.

Best ignored.

My_Wife_Camille
23-09-2018, 02:26 AM
Nah. Just says things designed to annoy people or to be controversial so he can be the centre of attention.

Best ignored.
Whatever.

So far on this thread he’s reminded people of Harper, Agathe, De La Cruz and Sterling. It’s lazy black stereotyping and it’s pathetic.

Hulk1875
23-09-2018, 02:31 AM
Whatever.

So far on this thread he’s reminded people of Harper, Agathe, De La Cruz and Sterling. It’s lazy black stereotyping and it’s pathetic.

The wee guy looks a mad wee player will scare teams
Going forward but against killie it was like he didn’t know we’re to be when defending which I’m sure will come. But does remind me of de la Cruz an unknown quantity. One fortunate thing he costs nothing but wages and maybe a small fee

The_Horde
23-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Remembers me of Laperty.

Nicho87
23-09-2018, 07:01 AM
Reminds me of derek townsley

Brightside
23-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Reminds me of a young Steven Whittaker

superfurryhibby
23-09-2018, 07:22 AM
The wee guy looks a mad wee player will scare teams
Going forward but against killie it was like he didn’t know we’re to be when defending which I’m sure will come. But does remind me of de la Cruz an unknown quantity. One fortunate thing he costs nothing but wages and maybe a small fee

He defended very well v Killie. Tracked back and took the pressure off a few times by winning the ball. He looks likely to be a great asset to the team with that attitude. He needs more game time,we are blessed with quality in his position.

BT58
23-09-2018, 07:23 AM
Kevin Harper wasnt fast?! :confused::confused:

Whoa. Im getting auld. I thought KH was more of a tricky and nippy player. Thought he was more of a in the box player. But thats my op. TA will be a BIG player for us. And he gets us. We are HIBS.....

tamig
23-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Remembers me of Laperty.

Is that a Latapy/Lafferty hybrid? Interesting one. 😀

Smartie
23-09-2018, 09:28 AM
He reminds me most of Harper - pace, balance, low centre of gravity, could stand up to a bit of physical stuff and keep going back for more.

I actually think he's better than Barker, as he seems to have a good end-product already, although that's maybe just because he's been on against tiring legs later in games.

Just a hunch at this stage, but I think he's going to be an outstanding player for us.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Another thread ruined...:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
23-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Another thread ruined...:rolleyes:

Yep, usual suspects who seem to think they are funny but are extremely boring.

Peevemor
23-09-2018, 10:24 AM
If you watch his goal from yesterday (which looked at the time like some amazing dribbling trickery), you'll see that from when he received the ball 40yds from goal to when he scored he only touches the ball 3 (maybe 4) times.

Still left 2 defenders on their erchies though.

My_Wife_Camille
23-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Yep, usual suspects who seem to think they are funny but are extremely boring.
Seen this mentioned a few times now.

What a sad state of affairs that an objections to racial stereotyping is being shrugged off as a bad joke and boring.

alihibs1
23-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Really impressed so far. He is more than willing to help out defensively aswell and for a wee guy he is very strong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dp00
23-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Looks good. Hopefully Man City see benefits of sending there wonder kids up here for a season .. it seems like a good partnership so far

SRHibs
23-09-2018, 05:30 PM

What a sad state of affairs that an objections to racial stereotyping is being shrugged off as a bad joke and boring.

You don’t do yourself any favours though. It seems like everything always has to be layered. Instead of saying “this is an example of racial stereotyping because of such and such, and thus it is bad” (maybe not necessarily as robotic as that) you will make a parodic statement/joke which is easily misinterpreted.

Is it a “black issue” though? Every fast, small, white player we sign seems to be ‘Ivan Sproule on a motorbike’.

BT58
23-09-2018, 05:40 PM

Ive read your comments a few times now. When i comment on a player, its not if there black or white, its there style of play. We could compare Tam to The great Alex Edwards ( in my eyes), but my comment was on what a friend said. You want to take a step back before typing stuff that others can take offence to. We all support HIBS. Were not the bigot brothers

Robbo6-2
23-09-2018, 07:46 PM
His interview on Hibs Tv is class

Hibbyradge
23-09-2018, 07:59 PM

It really is.

It's impossible not to like him. :thumbsup:

SanFranHibs
23-09-2018, 08:08 PM
Ask me again when he’s had the time on the pitch to be judged properly.

Who needs time?

I was not at the game, but I thought he was very poor. Garbage if I was to be honest, but definitely 8/10 and my MOTM. He needs more time but I don't think he has done enough to warrant more playing time. Bench player at best but think he needs a full 90 minutes to prove himself. On the front foot for most of the time he was on but still showed he is lacking defensively. Even failed to track back immediately after he scored. Dundee had to wait for him to get back into his own half before they could restart the game. Shocking attitude.

All in all a bust that just might be a great signing.

Keep me up to date SH...….when you have the time :wink:

truehibernian
23-09-2018, 08:11 PM

:agree: great interview and a bit like Simon Murray in any of his interviews, he looks genuinely happy to be here and playing. Just out of shot on the highlights on Hibs TV I'm sure it's TA (warming up) that is jumping for joy when Flo scores.

He actually does remind me of young Kevin Harper in his directness and willingness to take players on and stay strong and on his feet :aok: looks a cracking wee player.

hibee316
23-09-2018, 08:16 PM

To be fair, I agree with you and was going to post something similar.

However, you aren't half an erse when you've posted about it.

Think someone else posted similar; you are allowed your opinion in most walks of life, just try and not be a d/ck about it!

Joe6-2
23-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Remembers me of Laperty.

And he reminds me of someone 🤔

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Anyone got a link to Tams interview?

Inconsequential
23-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Is that a Latapy/Lafferty hybrid? Interesting one. 😀 Could be Lavety.

worcesterhibby
24-09-2018, 09:41 PM
It really is.

It's impossible not to like him. :thumbsup:

Was thinking absolutely the same myself...cult hero in the making methinks.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2018, 09:50 PM
I think we're already starting to see the benefits of him being here, its just a shame its unlikely we will sign him on a permanent basis.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2018, 10:07 PM
I think we're already starting to see the benefits of him being here, its just a shame its unlikely we will sign him on a permanent basis.

At this stage in his Hibs career I think we needn’t concern ourselves with whether we will be signing him on a permanent deal :rolleyes:

jacomo
24-09-2018, 11:18 PM
At this stage in his Hibs career I think we needn’t concern ourselves with whether we will be signing him on a permanent deal :rolleyes:

:agree:

Nice bit of serendipity though. We fail to get Brandon Barker back, but get a replacement winger on loan from the same club instead who looks like he could be at least as good.

Result.

Austinho
25-09-2018, 05:45 AM
:agree:

Nice bit of serendipity though. We fail to get Brandon Barker back, but get a replacement winger on loan from the same club instead who looks like he could be at least as good.

Result.And we got Daryl Horgan as a result too.

Ryan69
25-09-2018, 06:13 AM

Its nice to have a good working relationship with someone like Man City however.
At this rate...They must like sending players to us.

Barker came on leaps and bounds and was played as often as he could be,and it will be the same with Tam.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2018, 06:48 AM

He reminds me of Kevin Harper too, nothing to do with his colour its down to the way he runs and plays. Efe reminds of nobody i can think of thats played for Hibs, is there any racial stereotyping going on here?

Only last Month i mentioned during a live game on the tv that a player who played i think for Brighton but could be wrong, reminded me of Whittaker, nobody commented about any racism?

For what its worth, if you look to be offended you will be. :rolleyes:

oneone73
25-09-2018, 06:53 AM
He reminds me of Kevin Harper too, nothing to do with his colour its down to the way he runs and plays. Efe reminds of nobody i can think of thats played for Hibs, is there any racial stereotyping going on here?

Only last Month i mentioned during a live game on the tv that a player who played i think for Brighton but could be wrong, reminded me of Whittaker, nobody commented about any racism?

For what its worth, if you look to be offended you will be. :rolleyes:

Efe reminds me of Sloop, fwiw.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2018, 06:59 AM

I thought of him, but Efe does come out from the back a lot more, and makes a lot more mistakes. :wink:

And John liked a tackle a lot more. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 10:48 AM

Yes, that's the closest I can think of, too.

Jackie Mac a bit too?

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 10:53 AM
I thought of him, but Efe does come out from the back a lot more, and makes a lot more mistakes. :wink:

And John liked a tackle a lot more. :greengrin

Does he really make that many mistakes?

I think all players make mistakes, but because play rages on, often the fans aren't always certain as to who was the culprit.

You regularly read people on here saying things like, "I thought it was X player" or "Are you certain it wasn't Y?".

However, Efe sticks out because of his skin colour, and if he does something less than perfect, he's identified every time.

SirDavidsNapper
25-09-2018, 01:09 PM
I'm already looking forward to the pre season "bring back Agyepong" thread. We'll be on tenterhooks all summer, trying to guess his location on Instagram posts by the reflection in his shades. We should start the groundwork now...

Tell TC and Bleed Green to get their sources primed.
Does he have any holidays planned this summer? If so where?
Does he drive? Is it a 3 door car or a 5 door? What's his number plate?
Who is his agent? Add him on Twitter and look for cryptic clues.

After all this he'll probably sign for Yeovil Town or someone so it'll have all been in vain. Fun though!

Hibbyradge
25-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Deary me.

You've completely left out any mention of a website.

'Kin amateur stalking right there.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Does he really make that many mistakes?

I think all players make mistakes, but because play rages on, often the fans aren't always certain as to who was the culprit.

You regularly read people on here saying things like, "I thought it was X player" or "Are you certain it wasn't Y?".

However, Efe sticks out because of his skin colour, and if he does something less than perfect, he's identified every time.

Not to me he doesn't, he sticks out like a sore thumb because he's quality, just as Grant Holt did for his lack of it? :confused:

I dont think he makes many mistakes either, just i think he made a lot more than sloop, who never made mistakes at all.:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
25-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Not to me he doesn't, he sticks out like a sore thumb because he's quality, just as Grant Holt did for his lack of it? :confused:

I dont think he makes many mistakes either, just i think he made a lot more than sloop, who never made mistakes at all.:greengrin

And because he's Efe. You know he's quality but you also know a mistake might happen. Your attention is drawn to him. His pass on Saturday btw :not worth

Smartie
25-09-2018, 03:48 PM
And because he's Efe. You know he's quality but you also know a mistake might happen. Your attention is drawn to him. His pass on Saturday btw :not worth

Efe was outstanding for 90 minutes on Saturday.

His last 2 games have been much, much more like what we're looking for.

And yes, that pass was sublime.

MacGruber
26-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Thought he was excellent, a real threat when he came on. Worked openings, worked the keeper and would have laid on the winner if Porteous hadnt passed up that header and drew the second yellow for Shinnie if the ref was doing his job. Looks a very good addition

jacomo
26-09-2018, 08:30 AM
I think he’s better than Brandon Barker.

Gutted for him that he missed his pen but I think he will be a first choice pick this season.

Elephant Stone
26-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Really like the look of him, feels good having three decent wingers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Start him on Sat.

we are hibs
26-09-2018, 09:10 AM
Really unlucky with his penalty but looked like the only one in extra time that was going to make something happen for us. Really like the look of him. Would have liked to have seen Horgan and him going into extra time running at Logan and that bombscare Considine

number9dream
26-09-2018, 09:40 AM
I like the look of him. Quick, direct and strong for a wee fella. Hope he's not too down about his penalty miss. A start on Saturday might be just the tonic if he needs a lift. St Mirren will probably sit in after getting battered by Accies last weekend, so he could be just the man for the job.