PDA

View Full Version : Barbers

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 09:48 PM
Where do you all go? For the last couple of years I’ve been going to Kurdistan barbers in portobello. I get my hair and beard done, the service is unbelievable. Such nice guys and so professional in what they do.

Mibbes Aye
14-09-2018, 10:59 PM
On the road a lot, so tend to get a chop where I am.

For Inverness, Top Cut barbers on Church Street ( it’s very central) are great. Proper wash, good cut and they give you a nice cup of tea

matty_f
15-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Old Town Barbers Club in Dunfermline. They're excellent but you have to book well in advance.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2018, 07:15 AM
The difference between a good and bad haircut is about three weeks.

Green Man
15-09-2018, 08:25 AM
I go to Alfie’s on Fleshmarket Close, have done for years. Franco who runs it is pretty sound for a Jambo.

bigwheel
15-09-2018, 08:53 AM
John Halls’s Brandon Terrace - good Hibee too

Bangkok Hibby
15-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Jims barbers. A tiny wee shop on the corner of Dalry road and Dalry place. Australian/Italian heritage and a massive Hibby

Pretty Boy
15-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Where do you all go? For the last couple of years I’ve been going to Kurdistan barbers in portobello. I get my hair and beard done, the service is unbelievable. Such nice guys and so professional in what they do.

I use Bluto & Olives just down from there mainly because the Polish girl who does my hair is quite pleasant on the eye. Her accent is very alluring as well.

FitbaFolkKen
15-09-2018, 09:18 AM
I've always liked Ruffians at the West End, only go every so often as a treat... relatively cheap for me as it is just beardwork, the need for haircuts passed a long time ago!

patch1875
15-09-2018, 09:26 AM
I've always liked Ruffians at the West End, only go every so often as a treat... relatively cheap for me as it is just beardwork, the need for haircuts passed a long time ago!

I went for many years but it got too expensive.

Go to Benjamin’s in Stockbridge great bunch of guys.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2018, 09:28 AM
I go to Alfie’s on Fleshmarket Close, have done for years. Franco who runs it is pretty sound for a Jambo.

Thats where I go. Franco is a great guy.

FitbaFolkKen
15-09-2018, 09:30 AM
I went for many years but it got too expensive.

Go to Benjamin’s in Stockbridge great bunch of guys.

Aye you are right about the increase, might have a look into that. Cheers

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2018, 10:20 AM
I went to the Gyle last time I was home and got butchered. I wear my hair in a side parting and the Polish lassie cutting my hair asked if I wanted to keep the line on the left, when I answered to the affirmative I didn't realise she was gonna shave it in. 😨

Pete
15-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Old Town Barbers Club in Dunfermline. They're excellent but you have to book well in advance.

I used to go to these girly salons and thought it was getting quite expensive so I looked for a barber. David Gray was the obvious choice.

First two times were ok but my last haircut is the worst I’ve ever had. It’s probably just luck but it’s time for a new barber...I’ll give that one a try.

Failing that it’s back to paying £20 in a salon. At least I get to have free coffee and a perv.

lord bunberry
15-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I use Bluto & Olives just down from there mainly because the Polish girl who does my hair is quite pleasant on the eye. Her accent is very alluring as well.
I will have a look in the next time I’m passing :greengrin A bit off topic but I don’t know if you noticed the young guy in the Kurdish place, but he wasn’t in when I was there yesterday and the other guy told me he had been stabbed 7 times in a racist attack. It wasn’t in the shop it happened, he’s apparently recovering well. The guy got 7 years, he was out on bail for stabbing someone else at the time.

beensaidbefore
15-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Razorsharp just opposite elm row. Pretty decent. Used ivor next to Gregg's at pilrig. Was quite good but always a massive queue which is why i stopped going.

heretoday
15-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Barbers are far too pricey. Like restaurants.

easty
15-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Rag & Bone. I go to the one in Dundas Street (Rob has been cutting my hair for years now, class barber, great guy too), but they have others on Jeffrey Street and Morrison Street.

I’d definitely recommend them.

pollution
15-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Barbers are far too pricey. Like restaurants.

Spot on. My cut takes 10 minutes for £10. The guy is on £60 an hour, nearly £500 a day!!

Liam_Hibs
15-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Sink & Anchor near the Grassmarket. Good cuts and sound guys. You can also have a game of FIFA while you wait.

heretoday
15-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Spot on. My cut takes 10 minutes for £10. The guy is on £60 an hour, nearly £500 a day!!

I'm in and out in five minutes if you take my meaning, squire.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 09:24 AM
I used to go to these girly salons and thought it was getting quite expensive so I looked for a barber. David Gray was the obvious choice.

First two times were ok but my last haircut is the worst I’ve ever had. It’s probably just luck but it’s time for a new barber...I’ll give that one a try.

Failing that it’s back to paying £20 in a salon. At least I get to have free coffee and a perv.
David Gray are not bad depending on who you get. Would recommend the Old Town Barbers Club though, it's hard to get an appointment but they are very consistent and I've always been happy with the haircut I've had there.

leemel
16-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Benjamins in Henderson row for me. As said great guys and great barbers.

Scouse Hibee
16-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Appointments for barbers WTF!

Pete
16-09-2018, 12:10 PM
David Gray are not bad depending on who you get. Would recommend the Old Town Barbers Club though, it's hard to get an appointment but they are very consistent and I've always been happy with the haircut I've had there.

👍🏼 Will definitely give them a try.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Appointments for barbers WTF!

I usually forget to book, so go on a waiting list and get a cancellation.

overdrive
16-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Veen Barbers on Leith Walk. Marciano and Jordon Forster go there as well.

danhibees1875
17-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Just wherever is close and looks like the sort of place that won't charge more than £10.

Just went to Pasa barbers in stockbridge - very friendly service and over and done with in under 10 minutes.

Lancs Harp
17-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Gillette razor in my bathroom.

Hibby70
24-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Thats where I go. Franco is a great guy.

Me too. In fact I was there on Saturday. Had to listen to the previous customer who was a Jambo shout about how great the new stand is and how great the team are as he was getting his hair cut.

I could tell Franco was thinking to himself this guys a fanny. Then the boy leaves and Franco says exactly that.

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Short Cut to the Shore on Henderson Street.

No fuss, great music and chat, great prices and no appointment needed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
24-09-2018, 08:02 PM
I used to go to Ernest Goll's in Stockbridge. Good old fashioned barber, cheap as chips and a superb original interior from the 20s/30s.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2018, 08:55 PM
Me too. In fact I was there on Saturday. Had to listen to the previous customer who was a Jambo shout about how great the new stand is and how great the team are as he was getting his hair cut.

I could tell Franco was thinking to himself this guys a fanny. Then the boy leaves and Franco says exactly that.

I was on Friday, we had a good blether about football.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2018, 03:20 PM
I was on Friday, we had a good blether about football.

Must cost you about £2

BullsCloseHibs
29-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Really? I got a cut there last year and won't be going back. It was rubbish. He talked a good story though. Certainly talked up his shops in Porty. Far better barbers around in Edinburgh if you look.

heretoday
01-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Cutz on South Bridge. £8. Big friendly chap covered in tattoos.

calumhibee1
03-10-2018, 06:38 AM
Where’s the best place to go for a hot towel shave? Seems like most places only offer hot shaves.

patch1875
03-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Where’s the best place to go for a hot towel shave? Seems like most places only offer hot shaves.

Ruffians do a great shave not cheap but you come out so chilled.

J-C
03-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Salon La Greca at Western Corner, been going there for years and even though I stay in Portobello I still go every 3 weeks, Paul and the lads are top notch.