PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEWLY REFURBISHED BEHIND THE GOALS OPEN FROM 12PM

RSS Bot
14-09-2018, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9202)

Kenny1875
14-09-2018, 04:33 PM
What are the prices like?

SideBurns
14-09-2018, 04:34 PM
I'm a Robbie's man but intrigued to hear about the new "Hibernian Ale" - anyone with inside knowledge know where this is brewed?

04Sauzee
14-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Can you take children in or is it adults only?
Cheers

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Can you take children in or is it adults only?
Cheers
That’s what I was thinking. There used to be 2 floors and the kids were allowed on the lower floor, but it looks like it’s only the 1 floor for now.

Moulin Yarns
14-09-2018, 05:12 PM
I'm a Robbie's man but intrigued to hear about the new "Hibernian Ale" - anyone with inside knowledge know where this is brewed?

If it’s like other own bar ale then it will be something like Belhaven best rebranded.

Carheenlea
14-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Would be amazed if the refurbished facility wasn’t family friendly. Despite the moans and groans about BTG on threads here, the place was still popular despite its shortcomings.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2018, 05:26 PM
That’s what I was thinking. There used to be 2 floors and the kids were allowed on the lower floor, but it looks like it’s only the 1 floor for now.

It's only been one floor for over a year now since the NHS venture came in on the second floor. Children have been welcome on the one floor since then although it has been season ticket holders only.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Would be amazed if the refurbished facility wasn’t family friendly. Despite the moans and groans about BTG on threads here, the place was still popular despite its shortcomings.

It says 'All' Season Ticket holders, so should include kids. Pity they didn't state this for clarity though.

Hibeewilly
14-09-2018, 06:11 PM
It says 'All' Season Ticket holders, so should include kids. Pity they didn't state this for clarity though.
I have to say its a pretty poor limited statement from Hibs.....a bit more info would have been good. Released at 5.30 though so whoever prepared it was maybe in a hurry to get home or out for a beer:greengrin I used to love behind the goals when it first opened.... me and my niece and nephews used to go before and after the games but it went downhill at the end unfortunately. I go to the Hibs Club now but heres hoping it gets back to what is was when it first opened

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 06:19 PM
It's only been one floor for over a year now since the NHS venture came in on the second floor. Children have been welcome on the one floor since then although it has been season ticket holders only.
Is it really busy. I wouldn’t mind coming along with the mrs and the bairn.

HibbyAndy
14-09-2018, 06:26 PM

Choc a bloc , No enough seats so you end up standing staring oot the windae :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-09-2018, 06:29 PM

It gets busy but not really until after 2pm. If you're in for around 12-12:30 it's dead.

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Choc a bloc , No enough seats so you end up standing staring oot the windae :greengrin

It gets busy but not really until after 2pm. If you're in for around 12-12:30 it's dead.
Thanks.

Hannah_hfc
14-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Is it season ticket holders only or can you sign in/ take in a non ST holder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Is it season ticket holders only or can you sign in/ take in a non ST holder?

Season ticket holders only.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2018, 08:09 PM
I’ll be in the Edinburgh City club early for the Liverpool game. Gave up on BTG as the two folk reserving two tables and a dozen seats done my nut in.

lord bunberry
14-09-2018, 08:29 PM
I’ll be in the Edinburgh City club early for the Liverpool game. Gave up on BTG as the two folk reserving two tables and a dozen seats done my nut in.
I went there a few times last season and I thought it was really good. Would I be able to get in tomorrow without having a membership?

mutley
14-09-2018, 09:00 PM

I had a pint of Hibernian Ale in BTG the other week, it’s ok, but nothing really worth writing about. There are a lot better ales out there these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2018, 10:18 PM
I went there a few times last season and I thought it was really good. Would I be able to get in tomorrow without having a membership?

Not sure how tight they have become with entry, they were insisting you had to be signed in by a member a while ago, might be okay if early.

Hannah_hfc
14-09-2018, 11:09 PM
Season ticket holders only.

Thanks! Saves us turning up tomorrow to find that out

plhibs
15-09-2018, 04:35 AM
I have to say its a pretty poor limited statement from Hibs.....a bit more info would have been good. Released at 5.30 though so whoever prepared it was maybe in a hurry to get home or out for a beer:greengrin I used to love behind the goals when it first opened.... me and my niece and nephews used to go before and after the games but it went downhill at the end unfortunately. I go to the Hibs Club now but heres hoping it gets back to what is was when it first opened

I'll be in Edinburgh from the 24th Sept. for a couple of weeks,? can you still get in to the Hibs club as a visitor? Been a while since I was there.

bingo70
15-09-2018, 05:44 AM

Last time I went I called a couple of hours before going, when we got there they weren’t going to let me in until I mentioned I called earlier and they were then fine and let me in no bother.

That was a midweek game though so not sure if that makes a difference.

Nicho87
15-09-2018, 08:22 AM
It’s the cue times they need to sort not the decor

Hibernian Verse
15-09-2018, 08:27 AM
It’s the cue times they need to sort not the decor

What's snooker got to do with it?

:na na:

Bob Box Fish
15-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Looking forward to trying the hibs ale 👍

Phil MaGlass
15-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Hopefully for you guys they can deal better with the queues, nightmare getting served in there.

theonlywayisup
15-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Looking forward to trying the hibs ale 👍

Don't get too excited - thought it was bogging when I tried it before one of the European games.

Brooster
15-09-2018, 09:07 AM
If it’s like other own bar ale then it will be something like Belhaven best rebranded.

It's not a patch on Belhaven Best.

Hibi
15-09-2018, 09:57 AM
Don't get too excited - thought it was bogging when I tried it before one of the European games.

Each to their own, I quite like it

linlithgowhibbie
15-09-2018, 10:32 AM
I'll be in Edinburgh from the 24th Sept. for a couple of weeks,? can you still get in to the Hibs club as a visitor? Been a while since I was there.

Shouldn't be a problem especially if you say you're over from Canada for the game/hols:thumbsup:

PatHead
15-09-2018, 11:24 AM
So what is it like?

erin go bragh
15-09-2018, 12:46 PM
So what is it like?
Painted the walls black . That’s it . Still the same not enough seats . Have not tried the Hibs ale as driving but asked the gent at the bar ,his rating out of 10 as he took a sip . I’ve had worse 😜

Bob Box Fish
15-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Just had a lick of paint was hoping for big tellys and pies...

Bob Box Fish
15-09-2018, 01:03 PM
They are having a disaster Carling flat, ale off and cobra out of date 🙈

mutley
15-09-2018, 01:11 PM
I’m in there now. I’m glad they got rid of the baby sick green and it’s now Charcoal/Matt black, but other than a quick luck of paint it’s still the same. Still queuing for a beer 15 mins and counting !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2018, 01:41 PM
They are having a disaster Carling flat, ale off and cobra out of date 🙈

Still same old ****** then!

Hibeesforever
15-09-2018, 01:51 PM
No non alcoholic beer, no lemonade, no Hibs memorabilia, no green colour, long waiting time for a drink but apart from that a good place to take the kids before the start of the game....

LustForLeith
15-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Is it still plastic cups?

my left peg
15-09-2018, 07:02 PM
No real glasses!
Is it still plastic cups?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
15-09-2018, 07:13 PM
When I'm looking for a quick pint with the kids with me this is perfect.

cmcd
15-09-2018, 07:37 PM
I have nothing against taking kids to the bar But lots of adults could not get a seat while around 30 kids on seats. I take a friend who has Parkinson's and he couldn't get a seat at 1-45pm.Also people keeping seats for friends who arrive 30mins before KO. Moan over

Famous Fiver
15-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Only two people serving behind the bar on the right hand side after you go up the stairs. Huge queue, after 20 minute wait they had no draught lager left!!

Hibernian Ale or Irn Bru.

I was encouraged by the obviously frazzled and overworked barmaid to put in a letter of complaint because she was exhausted. Obviously trying her best.

Impressed by her but not by the management of the venue. How difficult can it be to get organised for a two hour window to make as much money as possible?

Just my opinion.

Carheenlea
15-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Did I read that right - black paint on the walls??

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Only two people serving behind the bar on the right hand side after you go up the stairs. Huge queue, after 20 minute wait they had no draught lager left!!

Hibernian Ale or Irn Bru.

I was encouraged by the obviously frazzled and overworked barmaid to put in a letter of complaint because she was exhausted. Obviously trying her best.

Impressed by her but not by the management of the venue. How difficult can it be to get organised for a two hour window to make as much money as possible?

Just my opinion.

In stark comparison to the Edinburgh City club who flood the bar with more staff as the place gets busier, the queues are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Lancs Harp
15-09-2018, 08:07 PM
Used to go in a year or two ago but personally much prefer the local pubs. Got too much of a social/working mans club feel about to me, service way too slow, decor certainly nothing to write home about (may have been addressed with the refurb) The space is there, the clientele is there, a bit more thought and business savvy and it could be a bit special.

If an "old fashioned" social club environment floats your boat then fair enough you'll probably like it. Not for me though personally. it doesnt even strike you as being Hibs Hibs Hibs.

Famous Fiver
15-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Oh, and by the way, slipped out 5 minutes before the half time rush to get two pies. ' Two pies please. Sorry, no hot pies' WTF!!!!!

Manageress was busy filling an oven and giving back as much grief as she was getting from the frustrated customers. I reckon the pies must be just about warm by now.

West Lower, don't know what it was like in the rest of the ground.

Criswell
15-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Is the NHS thing still happening? Never seems to be any update on it.

hibbymick
15-09-2018, 10:43 PM
My mate took his out of date Cobra back to the bar,,,,barperson said to him its ONLY three weeks out of date it will be fine :greengrin. Ive no doubt it would be but reduce the price is surely the least they can do. Who is it that actually runs this farce?

Scotty Leither
15-09-2018, 10:53 PM
My mate took his out of date Cobra back to the bar,,,,barperson said to him its ONLY three weeks out of date it will be fine :greengrin. Ive no doubt it would be but reduce the price is surely the least they can do. Who is it that actually runs this farce?

A company called "Azure"is it not?

I made a suggestion 18 months ago to Bruce Langham that they could improve the experience for the fans by having: Table service with orders taken at the table, thus having NO queues, half a dozen staff pouring the drinks, with one person in charge of the till ringing the orders through.

In short, staffing up and therefore enticing more people to use it.

I was with my Dad the day I'm talking about who is in his eighties and it was not a pleasurable experience for either of us, having to queue for 20/25 minutes for a drink.

It sounds like it's still the same. Why not spend a bit of money Hibs, and sort it out?

Onceinawhile
15-09-2018, 11:29 PM
It sounds like it's still the same. Why not spend a bit of money Hibs, and sort it out?

Because a supporters bar is well down the list of priorities on where we should be spending cash. The team comes first.

"sorry Neil, you can't get a striker in in January, we need three bar staff members for btg for the season".

Scotty Leither
16-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Because a supporters bar is well down the list of priorities on where we should be spending cash. The team comes first.

"sorry Neil, you can't get a striker in in January, we need three bar staff members for btg for the season".

Point i was making is it they spent a bit more money on making it a bit less of a tortuous process to get a drink they might get more folk using it, and also serve more drink by some simple tweaks that I suggested.

Thereby of course generating even more cash for the coffers.

matty_f
16-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Point i was making is it they spent a bit more money on making it a bit less of a tortuous process to get a drink they might get more folk using it, and also serve more drink by some simple tweaks that I suggested.

Thereby of course generating even more cash for the coffers.

I agree, to be honest. If you're going to have a bar, get it right.

Done properly it would actually give the club more money, not less.

Scotty Leither
16-09-2018, 05:40 PM
I agree, to be honest. If you're going to have a bar, get it right.

Done properly it would actually give the club more money, not less.

Thanks Matty - and we're agreeing on something too :-). I also think the club should erect a marquee behind the East on match days and sell booze from.there too - maybe hire a band as well like they do at Murrayfield for the rugby when the internationals are on.

The space is under exploited on matchdays IMO and a wee bit imagination as to how we use it wouldn't go amiss. Not everyone can afford nor want the corporate experience and we're missing a trick here.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 05:40 PM
A company called "Azure"is it not?

I made a suggestion 18 months ago to Bruce Langham that they could improve the experience for the fans by having: Table service with orders taken at the table, thus having NO queues, half a dozen staff pouring the drinks, with one person in charge of the till ringing the orders through.

In short, staffing up and therefore enticing more people to use it.

I was with my Dad the day I'm talking about who is in his eighties and it was not a pleasurable experience for either of us, having to queue for 20/25 minutes for a drink.

I suggested to several people at Hibs that there were a few simple fixes that could solve a lot of the issues. I've plenty experience both working in and supplying the hospitality trade so know my stuff.

I get the impression they just aren't interested as the place does a roaring trade punting flat lager and badly kept beer anyway. Why change something that is making money and requires minimal thought or effort?

Scotty Leither
16-09-2018, 05:43 PM
I suggested to several people at Hibs that there were a few simple fixes that could solve a lot of the issues. I've plenty experience both working in and supplying the hospitality trade so know my stuff.

I get the impression they just aren't interested as the place does a roaring trade punting flat lager and badly kept beer anyway. Why change something that is making money and requires minimal thought or effort?

Change it to make it even better for their own supporters?

Look like they're listening to suggestions from people who know a bit about staging events?

Pretty Boy
16-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Change it to make it even better for their own supporters?

Look like they're listening to suggestions from people who know a bit about staging events?

I agree with you but I can see Hibs point of view as well. It's full to capacity each week so for all the complaints it's not impacting customers through the door. It's the same with the food kiosks; people complain, with justification, but they are still busy so they won't change. The only thing that will grab Hibs attention is if people start going elsewhere. Unfortunately with some of the archaic licensing laws and/or attitudes here there aren't a huge number of other options for folk with kids.

Peevemor
16-09-2018, 06:33 PM
I agree with you but I can see Hibs point of view as well. It's full to capacity each week so for all the complaints it's not impacting customers through the door. It's the same with the food kiosks; people complain, with justification, but they are still busy so they won't change. The only thing that will grab Hibs attention is if people start going elsewhere. Unfortunately with some of the archaic licensing laws and/or attitudes here there aren't a huge number of other options for folk with kids.I think it's safe to say that if there was a normal 2-3 minute wait instead of 20 then takings would increase. I'm sure there are plenty folk who would be up for a bit of cash working 3 hours every second weekend.

Billy Whizz
16-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Thought behind the goals was outsourced

Carheenlea
16-09-2018, 08:50 PM
I agree with you but I can see Hibs point of view as well. It's full to capacity each week so for all the complaints it's not impacting customers through the door. It's the same with the food kiosks; people complain, with justification, but they are still busy so they won't change. The only thing that will grab Hibs attention is if people start going elsewhere. Unfortunately with some of the archaic licensing laws and/or attitudes here there aren't a huge number of other options for folk with kids.

Walked past around 2.15 and was surprised not to see a queue to get in - was in the company of a non ST holder so didn't try to get in so can`t say how busy it was inside.
Given we have spacious concourses in all four stands, our stadium would benefit from having alcoholic drinks on sale which would suit those with kids and encourage more people to get to the ground early. Plenty TV`s in situ for showing Sky Sports/BT and a similar model to what English supporters get to enjoy, but don`t think we will see anything like this happen any time soon up here.

ancient hibee
16-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Presumably Hibs get a fixed fee and rent it out so are not too worried whether it’s any good or not.