View Full Version : Pedal for Scotland

CropleyWasGod
08-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Anyone else doing it tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
08-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Good luck! :aok:

A couple of guys from my office are doing it, hopefully you get similar weather as today. Oh, and hope you've a padded seat/trousers!

CropleyWasGod
08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Good luck! :aok:

A couple of guys from my office are doing it, hopefully you get similar weather as today. Oh, and hope you've a padded seat/trousers!Cheers.

Forecast is a bit mixed. The rain doesn't bother me too much, but if it's windy.... [emoji849]

At my age, everything is padded....

BroxburnHibee
08-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Not this year ive done it a couple of times.

Great fun

lapsedhibee
09-09-2018, 04:34 AM
Forecast is a bit mixed. The rain doesn't bother me too much, but if it's windy.... [emoji849]

Wind is generally fine at PfS as it's almost always at your back. I doubt you'll have to bother pedalling at all on one or two uphills today.

CropleyWasGod
09-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Wind is generally fine at PfS as it's almost always at your back. I doubt you'll have to bother pedalling at all on one or two uphills today.Um.... can I have a word, Mr. Kettley?

[emoji16]

lapsedhibee
09-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Um.... can I have a word, Mr. Kettley?

[emoji16]

Whit? Was a bit swirly, admittedly, so not ideal, but mid-teens mph "WSW" you would have wanted to be cycling to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow shirley.

CropleyWasGod
09-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Whit? Was a bit swirly, admittedly, so not ideal, but mid-teens mph "WSW" you would have wanted to be cycling to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow shirley.I ken.....

My previous experience had been exactly as you suggested it would be today.

But see when I was struggling with that wee headwind before I even got out of the Weege.... [emoji19]

Was a good day, though. The swirliness added to the fun.

Green Man
10-09-2018, 06:21 AM
I took my boys down to watch for a bit (unlike most folk in Kirkliston who spent the day complaining about the road closures, miserable bassas). It was great to see people of all ages doing the ride; my eldest son fancies doing the wee jaunt next year.

Well done CwG!

BroxburnHibee
26-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Apologies for the bump but I see they have announced this years event will be the last

mvteng
27-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Apologies for the bump but I see they have announced this years event will be the last

Thats a shame.

Think they killed it when they moved the finish to ingliston.

Always really enjoyed it every time I've done it

BroxburnHibee
27-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Thats a shame.

Think they killed it when they moved the finish to ingliston.

Always really enjoyed it every time I've done it

Agreed. I did it twice. Once finishing at Victoria Park then the next year Murrayfield.

ian cruise
27-06-2019, 10:36 PM

I get why they're stopping. The level of organisation and cost for such an event must be massive and there are now enty other events and opportunities for people to get involved with locally. It's a shame but hopefully some of the more local events will benefit in am upturn in numbers.

If anyone is looking to get out for some social cycles as practice for this week year (or just to get out on the bike) I'm involved on a couple of groups that run such things