PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFO | DUNDEE AWAY

RSS Bot
04-09-2018, 10:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9157)

Carheenlea
04-09-2018, 11:08 AM
£26 - what they stung us for last season.

Cameron1875
04-09-2018, 11:16 AM
The prices in the Scottish Prem for away tickets is pretty scandalous and feels like clubs take advantage of teams with decent sized away supports.

Livingston £24 and Dundee £26 is unacceptable imo.

Steven79
04-09-2018, 11:18 AM
The prices in the Scottish Prem for away tickets is pretty scandalous and feels like clubs take advantage of teams with decent sized away supports.

£10 for kids at Livingston and £12 at Dundee is taking the piss as well.

I can get my 7 year old into a champions league game for less than those places.

Carheenlea
04-09-2018, 11:22 AM

We charge a few quid for our category A games, but for that the visiting fans are experiencing good facilities in a good stadium with a big match atmosphere. A lot better value, and fairer priced than paying £26 to sit in a dilapidated ground like Dens.

Keith_M
04-09-2018, 01:27 PM
We charge a few quid for our category A games, but for that the visiting fans are experiencing good facilities in a good stadium with a big match atmosphere. A lot better value, and fairer priced than paying £26 to sit in a dilapidated ground like Dens.

The stands behind the goals at Dens were built in 2000, so are actually newer than our end stands. They can't be that dilapidated, surely

I do agree that Hibs Fans are now seen as fair game when it comes to ticket prices, though.

JollyGreenGiant
04-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Me and my 2 kids under 12:

St.Johnstone (a) - £16
Livingston (a) - £44
Dundee (a) - £50

Might have to give the latter a miss 🙄

H18 SFR
04-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Can't make this one, I've an Adult and a Juvenile ticket combined face value of £38, I'll take £28 if anyone is interested.

lord bunberry
04-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Me and my 2 kids under 12:

St.Johnstone (a) - £16
Livingston (a) - £44
Dundee (a) - £50

Might have to give the latter a miss 🙄
It’s going to cost me £64 for two adults and a child. Going to away games these days is an expensive day out. I think I’ll be taking the car up to keep the costs down.

Carheenlea
04-09-2018, 04:30 PM
The stands behind the goals at Dens were built in 2000, so are actually newer than our end stands. They can't be that dilapidated, surely

I do agree that Hibs Fans are now seen as fair game when it comes to ticket prices, though.

The stands behind each goal are OK, but I meant the ground in general. Grass pitch at least!

linlithgowhibbie
04-09-2018, 05:05 PM
They are actually forcing people like me to do something else on a Saturday, £26 entry and approx. 4 gallons of fuel equals roughly £50. Bit steep when you are on a reduced income.

We wont have a supporters bus to this due to approx. £250 for a 16 seater:grr:

Sir David Gray
04-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Whilst people pay the prices, the clubs don't have any incentive to decrease prices unfortunately.

There was around 3000 Hibs fans at Livingston on Saturday for example and whilst there won't be that many at Dundee it will still be far higher than the average away support they'll get.

Keith_M
04-09-2018, 05:23 PM
The stands behind each goal are OK, but I meant the ground in general. Grass pitch at least!

That's true, the south side of the stadium (the Derry?) especially is in need of an upgrade.

Rick Rude
04-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Whilst people pay the prices, the clubs don't have any incentive to decrease prices unfortunately.

There was around 3000 Hibs fans at Livingston on Saturday for example and whilst there won't be that many at Dundee it will still be far higher than the average away support they'll get.

Would be interesting to see the crowds with more reasonable pricing though. Maybe I'm in the minority but I bumped the game on Saturday after seeing the prices and definitely won't be paying that to get into Dundee either.

B.H.F.C
04-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Would be interesting to see the crowds with more reasonable pricing though. Maybe I'm in the minority but I bumped the game on Saturday after seeing the prices and definitely won't be paying that to get into Dundee either.

The prices are high, I don’t dispute that whatsoever.

How much cheaper would it need to be, realistically, for it to make a big difference to the crowd? Say it was £20 for instance, I don’t think that’s suddenly going to attract a couple of thousand extra to the game.

If they were looking at pricing, it’s the pricing for kids they need to look at first IMO. Anybody with a couple of kids to take is when it starts getting in to the unaffordable territory.

K.Marx
04-09-2018, 06:13 PM
The only time I actually have sympathy with either half of the old firm. They get charged this up and down the country. Seems like for some clubs hibs are fair game to be milked as well.

If we get a decent TV deal it would be nice if fans were rewarded with a reduction in ticket prices. Very much doubt that would happen however.

Blaster
04-09-2018, 06:53 PM
The only time I actually have sympathy with either half of the old firm. They get charged this up and down the country. Seems like for some clubs hibs are fair game to be milked as well.

If we get a decent TV deal it would be nice if fans were rewarded with a reduction in ticket prices. Very much doubt that would happen however.

The difference being if some old firm fans don’t fancy it, there are plenty of others who would take their ticket. Would always be a sell out

Very few places where us, them or Aberdeen go where it’s always a complete sellout.

Hermit Crab
04-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I see Hearts are charging their own fans a whopping £36 a ticket for the Derby for a ticket in the Wheatfield and Main stands, Gorgie end is £32, I wonder if we'll get stung for £32 as well. Terrible pricing by the way.

Col_0762
04-09-2018, 07:47 PM
I see Hearts are charging their own fans a whopping £36 a ticket for the Derby for a ticket in the Wheatfield and Main stands, Gorgie end is £32, I wonder if we'll get stung for £32 as well. Terrible pricing by the way.

Up £2 on last season then.

Blaster
04-09-2018, 08:03 PM

If that’s correct we should charge the same for them at home & us behind the goals and give our fans a discount for another home game

Sir David Gray
04-09-2018, 08:12 PM

That's shocking pricing but again that's even more likely to sell out than games against Dundee or Livingston.

Hearts (and Hibs to be fair) know that they can charge almost anything within reason for derbies and people will still pay it.

It will be £32 for us as well by the way. They're not going to charge their own fans more for identical seats at the other end of the stadium.

Radium
04-09-2018, 08:16 PM
£40 for me and my 17 year old laddie at Livingston on Sat, will not be paying £52 at Dundee.

H18 SFR
05-09-2018, 04:17 PM
How quickly do they post out the AST's?

wookie70
05-09-2018, 04:36 PM
The prices are high, I don’t dispute that whatsoever.

How much cheaper would it need to be, realistically, for it to make a big difference to the crowd? Say it was £20 for instance, I don’t think that’s suddenly going to attract a couple of thousand extra to the game.

If they were looking at pricing, it’s the pricing for kids they need to look at first IMO. Anybody with a couple of kids to take is when it starts getting in to the unaffordable territory.

I agree with this. If I go I won't get anything to eat in the ground and usually combine the trip to take some photos so get value for the fuel. Taking the kids involves no photos and hassle about juice/sweets in the ground. It very quickly adds up to more than I am willing to pay. I took my daughter to Livi but I think I will be solo for the other away games I can attend. It has been a very expensive start to the season and enthusiasm will quickly leave the away support if there is many more games like last weekend.