PDA

View Full Version : Meeting point in Molde

One Day
11-08-2018, 09:49 AM
In Copenhagen everyone converged on the Dubliner pub, is there anything similar in Molde?

norhfc
11-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Hearing from a Molde fan there are only 2 pubs, probably be the Sportspuben which is very near the stadium, hope they have enough staff and beer, could get busy in there.

H18 SFR
11-08-2018, 10:28 AM
How many Hibees travelling? 500?

edinburghhibee
11-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Gutted to be missing this!

Hope you guys have as good a time as we had in Greece!!!

OsloHibs
11-08-2018, 03:48 PM
I've been to Molde a few times- you'll no get lost!!! 😂😂

staunchhibby
11-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Dubliner was superb especialy the deal offered on the pint.Hopefuly same atmosphere in Molde.

headshrinker
11-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Two of us staying in the Alexandra Hotel, which the Sportspub is attached to. It’s only about 350 yards from the ground. Apparently it’s where the Molde supporters gather. So could get a bit cramped.

hibeg
11-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Two of us staying in the Alexandra Hotel, which the Sportspub is attached to. It’s only about 350 yards from the ground. Apparently it’s where the Molde supporters gather. So could get a bit cramped.

aye, but we will be there from about noon. they will have to find another boozer :greengrin

green day
11-08-2018, 05:17 PM
aye, but we will be there from about noon. they will have to find another boozer :greengrin

Noon? We will be 3 pints and £50 down by then :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
11-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Cannot wait

Ggtth

staunchhibby
11-08-2018, 06:34 PM
We are in the Scandic next to the ground

Hermit Crab
11-08-2018, 07:12 PM
How many Hibees travelling? 500?

Less than 400 tickets sold, I would imagine that anyone who is going would have bought a ticket by now.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 07:17 PM
100. 200. 400. 1000 be loud and proud boys and girls.

:flag::flag::flag:

SteveHFC
11-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Weather forecast is rain on Thursday. Better take a jacket.

Ringothedog
11-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Less than 400 tickets sold, I would imagine that anyone who is going would have bought a ticket by now.

My guess is 600 Hibs fans will be at the game

HibbyDave
11-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Any chance of seeing the northern lights?

norhfc
11-08-2018, 10:42 PM
Any chance of seeing the northern lights?

Of course, they are green, it’s a sign !

proud_and_green
12-08-2018, 05:10 AM
Hearing from a Molde fan there are only 2 pubs, probably be the Sportspuben which is very near the stadium, hope they have enough staff and beer, could get busy in there.Sounds good, it's a date!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2018, 10:32 AM

That's a damn good support. It's not as if it's Oslo!

Ginger Gehagan
13-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Getting excited for this now!! Looks like just over 400 tickets sold . :thumbsup:

Rocky
13-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Hearing from a Molde fan there are only 2 pubs, probably be the Sportspuben which is very near the stadium, hope they have enough staff and beer, could get busy in there.

Seems like it doesn't usually open till about 7pm but they've just posted on their Facebook page that they're owning 4pm Wednesday, 1pm Thursday this week.

Higgy115
13-08-2018, 01:45 PM
Seems like it doesn't usually open till about 7pm but they've just posted on their Facebook page that they're owning 4pm Wednesday, 1pm Thursday this week.

We arrive about 9.30am, looks like a carry out down by the fjord to get things going until it opens.

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 03:08 PM
What are folk doing for cash?

Was reading that a lot of places in Norway are card only so don’t know if it’s actually worth trying to get any.

Ginger Gehagan
13-08-2018, 03:10 PM

Was reading that a lot of places in Norway are card only so don’t know if it’s actually worth trying to get any.

Got some changed today and hoping for the best!! Our hotel is card only.

hibeg
13-08-2018, 03:14 PM

I’m taking cash and if not enough then debit card for back up

B.H.F.C
13-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Got some changed today and hoping for the best!! Our hotel is card only.

I was going to get a small amount of cash. Asked in two places and it would take them until Friday to get anything in so probably just have to use the card anyway.

hibeg
13-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Sainsbury’s doing 10 kroner to the £ so that’s not bad

SteveHFC
13-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Just taking my card with me.

ArmadaleHibs
13-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Just taking my card with me.

Yeh me too. I’ll take some cash out the wall at Oslo airport Wednesday evening but mostly just using my debit card for few days. Will need taxi money no doubt as our flight to Molde from Oslo is early Thursday morning.

Ggtth

Higgy115
13-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Yeh me too. I’ll take some cash out the wall at Oslo airport Wednesday evening but mostly just using my debit card for few days. Will need taxi money no doubt as our flight to Molde from Oslo is early Thursday morning.

Ggtth

4 of us on that flight as well, arrives 9.20am?, don't think airport is too far from town centre.

OsloHibs
13-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Sainsbury’s doing 10 kroner to the £ so that’s not bad

That's a good exchange👍
Yes, everyone here uses a card- but they'll except the kroner too. But if anyone's hiring a car (!) some petrol stops will be card only.
Just can't stress enough to BRING AS MUCH DUTY FREE with you. You can't buy alcohol in the supermarket in the evening after the match.

Red Cabbage
13-08-2018, 05:14 PM
I was going to get a small amount of cash. Asked in two places and it would take them until Friday to get anything in so probably just have to use the card anyway.

I ordered some from www.eurochange.co.uk - getting delivered to my house on Wed. Will use debit card if I drink more beer than I have budgeted for :party:

SteveHFC
13-08-2018, 05:25 PM
4 of us on that flight as well, arrives 9.20am?, don't think airport is too far from town centre.

Me and my dad are on the same flight too.

SteveHFC
13-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Its around 30 miles from oslo to airport
its about £18 return using Norwegian state railway and only takes about 3mins longer than the more expensive airport express train
https://www.nsb.no/en/frontpage

OfficialHSL
13-08-2018, 09:41 PM
In Copenhagen everyone converged on the Dubliner pub, is there anything similar in Molde?
One Day
We are finalising arrangements with a particular venue mindful of the early arrival time of our charter flight. Attractive beer prices ( compared to normal prices ) have been arranged and Sunshine on Leith will be welcome.

HSL

ano hibby
13-08-2018, 09:47 PM
One Day
We are finalising arrangements with a particular venue mindful of the early arrival time of our charter flight. Attractive beer prices ( compared to normal prices ) have been arranged and Sunshine on Leith will be welcome.

HSL

Sounds very promising 👍good work

Red Cabbage
13-08-2018, 10:12 PM
One Day

HSL

Excellent news! My and a friend are booked on the flight - assume this will be somewhere in town after the coach transfer from the airport? Thanks for the great work! :flag:

Rocky
13-08-2018, 10:25 PM
One Day

HSL

Sounds great, will kids be allowed?

SteveHFC
13-08-2018, 10:27 PM
One Day

HSL

:hyper

green day
13-08-2018, 10:58 PM
One Day

HSL

Cheap beer prices?
Will non HSL charter flight punters be welcome ? (I am an HSL member if that helps !!)

OfficialHSL
14-08-2018, 06:17 AM
Cheap beer prices?
Will non HSL charter flight punters be welcome ? (I am an HSL member if that helps !!)
Yes of course they will, we are all Hibees together.
Once we have confirmed the final arrangements we will post again here.

HSL

PathheadHibby
14-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Excellent, much appreciated

madjock9
14-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Yes of course they will, we are all Hibees together.
Once we have confirmed the final arrangements we will post again here.

HSL

Great news my dad is on his way to Dublin now we fly to Oslo tomorrow stay overnight then first flight to Molde on Thursday back to Dublin Friday with 6 hours in Oslo on the way back.

ArmadaleHibs
14-08-2018, 07:54 AM
One Day

HSL

Brilliant idea. I think the majority of us arrive early doors into Molde on Thursday so a venue to take most if not all for the day is great. Hope it comes off. Fly out to Oslo from London around lunch time tomorrow and fly into Molde around 0920 Thursday. Will watch out for announcements today

Ggtth

headshrinker
14-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Two of us arriving in Molde 8.45pm Wednesday from Oslo. Will have a couple in the Sportspub. Hope others will be there. Then a good nights rest and look forward to the Thursday, GLORY GLORY :flag:

Ginger Gehagan
14-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Two of us arriving in Molde 8.45pm Wednesday from Oslo. Will have a couple in the Sportspub. Hope others will be there. Then a good nights rest and look forward to the Thursday, GLORY GLORY :flag:

Aye that's the flight were on, if we make it to Oslo on time anyway!!!:greengrin

staunchhibby
14-08-2018, 10:40 AM
In Dublin now spent more time on bus than did flying lol

staunchhibby
14-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Wheres the venue.Hopefuly cracking atmosphere just like the Dubliner was in Copenhagen.

EH54
14-08-2018, 10:43 AM
Aye that's the flight were on, if we make it to Oslo on time anyway!!!:greengrin

You going via Stockholm? There's only just over an hour if everything goes to plan and no delays between landing in Oslo and our flight to molde, that's the last flight with that airline too..squeaky bum time haha.

headshrinker
14-08-2018, 10:51 AM
We fly in from Manchester and have about 3 hours in Oslo before flight to Molde.

EH54
14-08-2018, 10:54 AM
We fly in from Manchester and have about 3 hours in Oslo before flight to Molde.

Ours is wild. Manchester back of 9 in the morning, then onto Stockholm then oslo..everything should be fine aslong as there's no delay from Stockholm..fingers crossed!

Ginger Gehagan
14-08-2018, 11:06 AM
You going via Stockholm? There's only just over an hour if everything goes to plan and no delays between landing in Oslo and our flight to molde, that's the last flight with that airline too..squeaky bum time haha.

We're going via Heathrow, but with much the same time between flights, just over an hour. So hopefully no delays!:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
14-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Anyone on the 5 to 12 flight tomorrow morning from Stansted to Oslo.

ShinyFantastic
14-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Hope I’m not the only one in Molde all day tomorrow.....

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Hope I’m not the only one in Molde all day tomorrow.....

There's a song in there. :greengrin

tamig
14-08-2018, 11:46 AM
There's a song in there. :greengrin

Lieutenant Pigeon per chance? 😀

Gloucester Hibs
14-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Me+ 2 on the 9:40am flight from Stansted to Oslo tomorrow morning. Then the 16:00 flight from Oslo to Molde. Hopefully HSL can get a venue sorted for a pre-match peeve on the Thursday, seems like a great idea :thumbsup:

ArmadaleHibs
14-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Anyone on the 5 to 12 flight tomorrow morning from Stansted to Oslo.

Yeh myself, my dad and my sister. You might spot us, we will be suitably attired lol

Ggtth. We fly down to stanstead tomorrow morning from Edinburgh around 0700

SteveHFC
14-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Yeh myself, my dad and my sister. You might spot us, we will be suitably attired lol

Ggtth. We fly down to stanstead tomorrow morning from Edinburgh around 0700

Snap

ArmadaleHibs
14-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Snap

I would imagine we won’t be the only hibbies going this route

tamig
14-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Many on the 1125 from Edinburgh tomorrow?

Gorebridge Hibb
14-08-2018, 12:36 PM

09:30 from Aberdeen to Molde via Bergen for me and my dad +2.

crieffhibee
14-08-2018, 07:59 PM
3 of us leaving Edinburgh at 9 to Heathrow then Oslo from there then molde tomorrow night

OfficialHSL
14-08-2018, 08:04 PM
One Day

HSLThere will be 160 on the HSL flight. We are due to leave Edinburgh at 8.30 am on Thursday morning and anticipate landing in Molde at 11.15 local time. Buses have been arranged to take supporters directly to Sportspuben 1911 in the centre of town.

While the pub itself will not be open at that time we have made arrangements with the venue ( the pub is part of a hotel ) for an area exclusively for all Hibs supporters. They have an area which was their former Resturant upstairs which will be open for us from 12 Noon. They have agreed to sell local Norwegian lager for 69Kr / 0.5l. We understand this is normally over 80kr for the same quantity elsewhere. The Management have confirmed they understand the "Scottish fans are great company" and they are looking forward to seeing us. They have asked us to express one thing to all supporters. Drinking outside is strictly prohibited and will result in the Hotel getting into difficulty with local authorities. We trust everyone will respect this. They also tell us that they will try to put on some food at competitive prices.

Hope this helps.

HSL

twiceinathens
14-08-2018, 08:07 PM
At least one!

james62
14-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Slightly different way for me, Dublin to Oslo tomorrow evening then first flight to Kristiansund on Thursday morning and the bus from there down to Molde.

Johnny_Leith
14-08-2018, 08:17 PM
There will be 160 on the HSL flight. We are due to leave Edinburgh at 8.30 am on Thursday morning and anticipate landing in Molde at 11.15 local time. Buses have been arranged to take supporters directly to Sportspuben 1911 in the centre of town.

While the pub itself will not be open at that time we have made arrangements with the venue ( the pub is part of a hotel ) for an area exclusively for all Hibs supporters. They have an area which was their former Resturant upstairs which will be open for us from 12 Noon. They have agreed to sell local Norwegian lager for 69Kr / 0.5l. We understand this is normally over 80kr for the same quantity elsewhere. The Management have confirmed they understand the "Scottish fans are great company" and they are looking forward to seeing us. They have asked us to express one thing to all supporters. Drinking outside is strictly prohibited and will result in the Hotel getting into difficulty with local authorities. We trust everyone will respect this. They also tell us that they will try to put on some food at competitive prices.

Hope this helps.

HSL

Great work. Will be there 👍

tamig
14-08-2018, 08:19 PM
There will be 160 on the HSL flight. We are due to leave Edinburgh at 8.30 am on Thursday morning and anticipate landing in Molde at 11.15 local time. Buses have been arranged to take supporters directly to Sportspuben 1911 in the centre of town.

Hope this helps.

HSL

Great work bud. We’ll see you there 👍

norhfc
14-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Good news about the venue, living in Norway I can confirm the price for a beer in there is reasonable. Usually the beer is 0.4l so to get 0.5l for that price is very good. Hopefully sells hot dogs, love them :greengrin

hulk
14-08-2018, 08:36 PM

Hope this helps.

HSL

Fantastic news guys - well done to HSL again. Looking forward to sampling the local brew

Makaveli
14-08-2018, 08:48 PM

Hope this helps.

HSL

This is great to hear, thanks for the effort put into this as well as the flight itself. :thumbsup:

Can I just echo a previous question (apologies if I missed the answer) and ask for confirmation that children will be permitted in the venue?

Rocky
14-08-2018, 09:22 PM
This is great to hear, thanks for the effort put into this as well as the flight itself. :thumbsup:

Can I just echo a previous question (apologies if I missed the answer) and ask for confirmation that children will be permitted in the venue?

In case HSL don't reply, I messaged the pub direct the other day before this was announced and they said that they'd let kids into the main bar as long as they wore an under 18 wristband. So I assume it'll be fine if they've arranged a function room for us.

Makaveli
14-08-2018, 09:34 PM
In case HSL don't reply, I messaged the pub direct the other day before this was announced and they said that they'd let kids into the main bar as long as they wore an under 18 wristband. So I assume it'll be fine if they've arranged a function room for us.

Perfect. Cheers, mate

headshrinker
15-08-2018, 05:46 AM
That’s us “we’re on our way” to coin a phrase. 6.14am train to Manchester airport. GLORY GLORY

ArmadaleHibs
15-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Flight one done to London stanstead. Few hibbies on the flight and around stanstead. Next stop, Oslo

Ggtth

SteveHFC
15-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Flight one done to London stanstead. Few hibbies on the flight and around stanstead. Next stop, Oslo

Ggtth

Hope you enjoy breakfast

ArmadaleHibs
15-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Hope you enjoy breakfast

Yours looked nice

BS44
15-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Sitting in Grand Place, Brussels. Connection at 1500 so time for a few more Jupiler

Nakedmanoncrack
15-08-2018, 10:37 AM
"On our way...."
To London, for tonight's flight to Oslo.

SteveHFC
15-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Currently waiting for our plane to take off from Stansted to Oslo. :hyper

Ginger Gehagan
15-08-2018, 11:19 AM
In heathrow, flying to oslo at 15.35.
Hibees Hibees Hibees Hibees

Red Cabbage
15-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Hope this helps.

HSL

This is fantastic. Thanks to all involved in organising it.

PatHead
15-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Hope no one is travelling via Amsterdam. Seems to be problems there.

Albanian Hibs
15-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Is this how I felt when I was going to Greece last week? So jealous of you all going to Norway. Safe travels Hibees.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Is this how I felt when I was going to Greece last week? So jealous of you all going to Norway. Safe travels Hibees.

Norway will be much poorer without you

madjock9
15-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Dad about to start bus journey to Dublin airport I am working so will grab taxi to airport then Oslo tonight at the airport and tomorrow morning on the 0820 flight to Molde arrive about 9.20 hopefully weather improves a bit does look a bit grey cold and wet today.

http://moldewebcams.net/webcam4seilet/000.jpg

james62
15-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Dad about to start bus journey to Dublin airport I am working so will grab taxi to airport then Oslo tonight at the airport and tomorrow morning on the 0820 flight to Molde arrive about 9.20 hopefully weather improves a bit does look a bit grey cold and wet today.

http://moldewebcams.net/webcam4seilet/000.jpg

Are you on the 2025 Norwegian flight?

green day
15-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Just landed in Molde. Mon the hibees👍

madjock9
15-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Are you on the 2025 Norwegian flight?

Yes myself and Staunchhibby (my dad) staying in the Park Inn hotel in the airport tonight.

are you also on the early flight up in the morning, heading back on Friday on the first flight to Oslo at 9.45 and to Dublin at 1835

james62
15-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Yes myself and Staunchhibby (my dad) staying in the Park Inn hotel in the airport tonight.

are you also on the early flight up in the morning, heading back on Friday on the first flight to Oslo at 9.45 and to Dublin at 1835

That's good that I won't be the only Hibbie on the flight. I'm actually on the 8am flight to Kristiansund tomorrow morning and getting the bus from there down to Molde

madjock9
15-08-2018, 03:18 PM
That's good that I won't be the only Hibbie on the flight. I'm actually on the 8am flight to Kristiansund tomorrow morning and getting the bus from there down to Molde

still showing seats on the direct flight to molde.

Check with Norwegian if you can change flight go direct

headshrinker
15-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Having a very expensive drink in Oslo airport waiting for the 19.50 flight to Molde. Who cares cmon the Hibees 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

hibbymark
15-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Anyone else on the 11.25 Edinburgh/Oslo flight tomorrow?

Gorebridge Hibb
15-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Already here. Just saw Lenny out for a wander before training tonight. In Hotel Moldefjord, right on the water. Heading out for a wander and some dinner. Sports bar is right on our doorstep. GGTTH

Nakedmanoncrack
15-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Tonight's flight from LGW Cancelled.

PatHead
15-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Bugger! Hope too many fans weren’t on it.

SDavey1992
15-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Hope no one is travelling via Amsterdam. Seems to be problems there.

We are Amsterdam to trondheim, delayed but still going ahead as of now

Nakedmanoncrack
15-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Bugger! Hope too many fans weren’t on it.

I was!
Now in Hotel for night , going to be tight tomorrow, anyone else in same boat or hotel give me a shout & we'll get a pint.

cappoquinboy
15-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Three of us on the Heathrow to Oslo BA flight just about to take off.
A few beers in Oslo tonight and on the 08.20 Oslo to Molde flight tomorrow - GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

madjock9
15-08-2018, 05:13 PM

Ouch, not much alternatives tonight hopefully another flight tomorrow claim compensation

OfficialHSL
15-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Makaveli

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the venue have only just replied.

Children are allowed in but they will be asked to wear a wristband to identify themselves as being under 18 and therefore cannot drink alcohol.

HSL

Makaveli
15-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Makaveli

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the venue have only just replied.

Children are allowed in but they will be asked to wear a wristband to identify themselves as being under 18 and therefore cannot drink alcohol.

HSL

Great, thanks for that confirmation :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 06:31 PM
I'm jealous as ****:greengrin. Have a great time laddies and lassies; I hope you've re-mortgaged your homes to cover the price of a pint over there :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Having a very expensive drink in Oslo airport waiting for the 19.50 flight to Molde. Who cares cmon the Hibees 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

How much a pint, mate?

tamig
15-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Sportspuben bouncing with Hibees. Putting on a good show for the Molde boys in here. Sunshine On Leith went down a storm.

tamig
15-08-2018, 07:55 PM
How much a pint, mate?

About £6.90.

IFONLY
15-08-2018, 08:45 PM

me and my mate

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2018, 08:47 PM
About £6.90.

Steep, but I was expecting it to be even higher in Norway. Is it good beer?

Albanian Hibs
15-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Photo on twitter of a few Hibs fans on their way to Molde and they bumped into SDG at the airport 😀

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Photo on twitter of a few Hibs fans on their way to Molde and they bumped into SDG at the airport 😀

One fan even had SDG sit beside him on the plane :greengrin

hfc rd
15-08-2018, 09:14 PM
One fan even had SDG sit beside him on the plane :greengrin

Unless I have missed something but would he not have travelled with the rest of the squad?

HibbyAndy
15-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Unless I have missed something but would he not have travelled with the rest of the squad?

Nah he was at the birth of his bairn

Bishop Hibee
15-08-2018, 09:17 PM

His wife just had a baby girl from what I saw on social media so possibly not.

ArmadaleHibs
16-08-2018, 02:34 AM
Sportspuben bouncing with Hibees. Putting on a good show for the Molde boys in here. Sunshine On Leith went down a storm.

Our hotel in Oslo near airport wasn’t bouncing lol. Only thing that was bouncing was my dads jaw when the first two pints ordered came in at an outrageous £24. Needless to say we had an early night. Roll on today. Can’t wait

Ggtth

SteveHFC
16-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Molde is pissing down.

Billy Whizz
16-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Noticed the fans charter flight took off a few mins ago
Bulgarian airline called AKL airlines. MD-82
Flight no VBB4141

https://www.edinburghairport.com/flights/flight-radar

nonshinyfinish
16-08-2018, 08:01 AM
Molde is pissing down.

Cambridge too. Beer’s (a bit) cheaper though.