PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HORGAN SIGNS ON A THREE YEAR DEAL

RSS Bot
11-08-2018, 09:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9071)

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Welcome Daryl

:flag:

Bostonhibby
11-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Never seen that one coming. Another quality signing.

Welcome to Hibs.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
Looking forward to seeing this guy play for us .
Cracking signing and a three year deal :top marks

hfc rd
Welcome to the club Daryl Horgan

GGTTH

Souter96Mac
11-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Welcome Daryl 🇮🇪

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Bemvindo Daryl. So what does this mean up front ...?

IGRIGI
11-08-2018, 09:19 AM
Won't be a shock if "undisclosed fee" is renamed "Hibs fee" shortly:greengrin

The Spaceman
11-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Absolutely superb Hibs. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
"For an Undisclosed Fee"

That's disgraceful, I demand to know the Fee! Why are they keeping us in the dark?

:grr:

:greengrin

Gordy M
Reading his wiki page and in 2016 his manager called him the best player in Ireland. Sounds like a cracking signing:aok:

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Decent signing.
As I said on the other thread, it makes the Agyepong acquisition look strange. Assuming Agyepong is a winger - I know nowt about him.

Bob Box Fish
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Welcome

Speedway
11-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Decent signing.
As I said on the other thread, it makes the Agyepong acquisition look strange. Assuming Agyepong is a winger - I know nowt about him.

Is Agyepong the new Feruz?

hfc rd
11-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Decent signing.

Agyepong can play on both wings whilst Horgan is an out and out left winger. It gives NL options out wide if needed and a selection headache which is always good to have.

banchoryhibs
11-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Looks like a great signing:thumbsup: We have a tremendous number of goal scoring options in the team now, can't wait to see him in action.

MyJo
11-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Decent signing.

It's a long season and we are competing in 4 competitions as it stands, all going well we could be looking at about 60 competitive games to play this season.

mayo hibee
11-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Reading his wiki page and in 2016 his manager called him the best player in Ireland. Sounds like a cracking signing:aok:

Horgan was, by a mile, the best player playing in Ireland at that point. Obviously that has to be taken in the context of the standard of the domestic league there, but he was an absolute stand out for Dundalk.

Gordy M
11-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Horgan was, by a mile, the best player playing in Ireland at that point. Obviously that has to be taken in the context of the standard of the domestic league there, but he was an absolute stand out for Dundalk.

Good to hear....hopefully he can get to that level with hibs.

Eyrie
11-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Decent signing.

Not necessarily.

If Agyepong gets his visa then we have three wide players which creates competition for places and gives us the option of moving Boyle up front. And if he doesn't get his visa then we're not looking for another wide player.

eastcoasthibby
11-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Thought this got bombed a few weeks ago ? But looking at his profile looks like a good aquisition and gives us real options in formation and having not only a Plan B in gammes but a C n maybe D as well. Welcome Daryl ....more pace attacking ability into the team :flag:

TheGreenMan
11-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Can he play left wing back in a 352 in place of Stevenson?

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Mixed reviews on PNE forum with most being dissapointed he's away

Dalianwanda
11-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Mixed reviews on PNE forum with most being dissapointed he's away

Only hearing good things about him from Sligo Rovers fans.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:47 AM
pneonline

www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?106913-Daryl-Horgan-Sold-to-Hibs-(Confirmed)

hibees 7062
11-08-2018, 10:41 AM
https://youtu.be/IbC5sENqBbw

Big L
11-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Decent signing.

Watching him on you tube, he seems to spend more time in behind the strikers than on the wing. We've brought some really good players in and I don't think Lennys finished yet. Kamara please.

GillyHibee
11-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Did not see that one coming! Welcome to Hibs GGTTH

Hibee Mac
11-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Almost everyone on the PNE forum saying he seems good but his end product is absolute mince.

Not the most raving reviews from them although I'll see how he does for us before passing final judgement

southern hibby
11-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Now that we have 3 wingers ( 4 including Swanson ) does anyone else think Swanson will want a move?

Maybe as others have said Swanson may be used as a bargaining chip for someone else to come in.

GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Almost everyone on the PNE forum saying he seems good but his end product is absolute mince.

Not the most raving reviews from them although I'll see how he does for us before passing final judgement

Sounds fairly similar to Barker

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2018, 11:45 AM
He looks like he chips in with a few goals, always a bonus when signing a player who's not a forward. :top marks

judas
11-08-2018, 12:43 PM
I’ll do my bit to bump this up because this looks a very serious signing for us. Playing in English Championship with 4 ROI caps in 2017 FFS! That’s a real deal signing. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

Hi Heid Yin
11-08-2018, 01:13 PM
Welcome to our beloved club, Daryl.

:flag:

RIP
11-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Sounds fairly similar to Barker
Most likely some bartering behind the scenes with Alex Neil and Barker and Horgan’s agent with the McGinn money the catalyst for getting it over the line?

CraigHibee
11-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Welcome Daryl, don't know an awful lot about you but I trust lenny's judgement

IGRIGI
11-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Most likely some bartering behind the scenes with Alex Neil and Barker and Horgan’s agent with the McGinn money the catalyst for getting it over the line?

Possibly explains Barker's "teasing" of a return to ER.

SanFranHibs
11-08-2018, 02:52 PM
He looks like he chips in with a few goals, always a bonus when signing a player who's not a forward. :top marks

Not so long ago it was a bonus when we signed a forward who chipped in with a few goals.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Not so long ago it was a bonus when we signed a forward who chipped in with a few goals.

Word!

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Laughed when a guy on the PNE thread said he was surprised Hibs fans hadn't made the Tyrion Lannister comparison yet …. It was the first thing I thought when I saw his picture … hope he's half as entertaining :greengrin

They liked his attitude and commitment which is good, but seemed to think his final ball was lacking and his tactical awareness was poor "but he should do well in Scotland" was the common theme …. aye, coz Hibs are quite happy to see their wingers crosses going out for throw ins on the other side of the pitch and not understanding their role in the formation. Hopefully our coaching is better than theirs.

That remains to be seen I suppose, though from when he arrived till the day he left we did seem to make some progress with Brandon Barker in both these areas, he was lacking somewhat in both when he came to ER as well.

Anyway, welcome to the Hibees Daryl, you sound like you could be just the guy we need, final ball and positional sense notwithstanding :aok:

Hibee Mac
11-08-2018, 05:12 PM
That's a good point, Hibs right now with Lennon seems to be all about improving players.

Look at Boyle, when he joined he was very raw now he's one of our best players every week!

Inconsequential
11-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Laughed when a guy on the PNE thread said he was surprised Hibs fans hadn't made the Tyrion Lannister comparison yet …. It was the first thing I thought when I saw his picture … hope he's half as entertaining :greengrin

They liked his attitude and commitment which is good, but seemed to think his final ball was lacking and his tactical awareness was poor "but he should do well in Scotland" was the common theme …. aye, coz Hibs are quite happy to see their wingers crosses going out for throw ins on the other side of the pitch and not understanding their role in the formation. Hopefully our coaching is better than theirs.

That remains to be seen I suppose, though from when he arrived till the day he left we did seem to make some progress with Brandon Barker in both these areas, he was lacking somewhat in both when he came to ER as well.

Anyway, welcome to the Hibees Daryl, you sound like you could be just the guy we need, final ball and positional sense notwithstanding :aok: Isn't Google great? I had no idea who Tyrion Lannister was as I never watch Game Of Thrones. Have we signed the smallest player ever to play for Hibs? :wink:

Carheenlea
11-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Really looking forward to seeing him play for Hibs - a lot of guys in Galway were raving about him to me when it was originally rumoured that we were keen, but it all went quiet for a while.

IWasThere2016
11-08-2018, 11:26 PM
:thumbsup:

Oscar T Grouch
11-08-2018, 11:37 PM
I’m in country Mayo atm and the guys I’ve spoken to rate this guy. Said he’s a great player and was the best player in Ireland for a few years. If he’s played in England For a couple more years Shirley he will be better now? Anyway they guys I’ve spoken to seem to think
He’s a great player. Looking forward to seeing him.

SquashedFrogg
11-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Welcome Daryl, don't know an awful lot about you but I trust lenny's judgement

Strange comment. I'd defo recommend researching and getting to know more about him. He's good.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-08-2018, 06:52 AM
Sorry I’m guessing the answer is no for this round but can he play in Europe?

Austinho
12-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Sorry I’m guessing the answer is no for this round but can he play in Europe?No, he’ll be available for St Johnstone, but not Molde. Needed to be registered before the first leg.

Baldy Foghorn
12-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Exciting signing, 3 year deal, another statement of intent:flag:

3pm
12-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Looks promising.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Showed some good touches when he came on today. Comfortable with either foot.

Shame he’s not available on Thursday.

The Spaceman
12-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Thought he looked great when he came on - gets you on the edge of your seat.

The_Horde
12-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Looks like he needs work on the end product but will be some player.

Marvellous
24-02-2019, 09:42 AM
Is that three assists in the last two games? Kamberi hit the bar with a header from a Horgan cross as well last week if I recall correctly. He's looking like he'll be a big player for us. Love his work rate as well.

04Sauzee
24-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Never understood the stick he got early in the season. Was never comfortable playing as a No10. Looks far more comfortable out wide. Even when things don't go for him he doesn't hide.

wookie70
24-02-2019, 09:55 AM
There has been plenty end product since the new manager had the cunning plan of playing him in his natural position. He is scoring regularly and his crossing has been brilliant the last month or so. I really like how two footed he is and with that low centre of gravity, workrate and burst of pace he has now replaced most of what we are missing with Boyle being out. It will be interesting to see if both can play in the same side as they both work really hard for creative wide men so it might just work..

Marvellous
24-02-2019, 09:58 AM
There has been plenty end product since the new manager had the cunning plan of playing him in his natural position. He is scoring regularly and his crossing has been brilliant the last month or so. I really like how two footed he is and with that low centre of gravity, workrate and burst of pace he has now replaced most of what we are missing with Boyle being out. It will be interesting to see if both can play in the same side as they both work really hard for creative wide men so it might just work..

Boyle and Horgan on the right and left, Allan in the centre playing through balls :hmmm::hmmm:

Hibbyradge
24-02-2019, 10:02 AM
T He is scoring regularly

:confused:

I think he's scored once since Lennon left and he hasn't scored for the Heck yet.

Since he arrived, I think he's scored 5.

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2019, 10:13 AM

How regular is he scoring?

wookie70
24-02-2019, 10:26 AM
How regular is he scoring?

For some reason I thought he had got a couple recently. He is certainly providing an end product though with assists.

Allant1981
24-02-2019, 10:37 AM
For some reason I thought he had got a couple recently. He is certainly providing an end product though with assists.

2 against Elgin, cant mind the last time he scored before that

Billy Whizz
24-02-2019, 10:38 AM
2 against Elgin, cant mind the last time he scored before that

I’d say he scored against hamilton, but Flo is claiming he got a touch

wookie70
24-02-2019, 10:40 AM
I’d say he scored against hamilton, but Flo is claiming he got a touch That is why I'm thinking he scored twice. Still not seen the angle where Flo seemingly gets a touch.

Jones28
He can be a frustrating player at times but looks much more dangerous playing wide.

Allant1981
I’d say he scored against hamilton, but Flo is claiming he got a touch

If I was kamberi so would I but it certainly didn't look like it

wookie70
24-02-2019, 10:42 AM
2 against Elgin, cant mind the last time he scored before that He scored against Raith in the Cup. His shot in that game also led to a goal for Slivka after a McNulty knockdown

Allant1981
24-02-2019, 10:45 AM
He scored against Raith in the Cup. His shot in that game also led to a goal for Slivka after a McNulty knockdown

So he did! Forgot all about that game

CockneyRebel
24-02-2019, 12:41 PM
That is why I'm thinking he scored twice. Still not seen the angle where Flo seemingly gets a touch.

Watched a clip taken from behind the goal and you can clearly see the ball take a deflection from Flo's foot.

Unseen work
24-02-2019, 02:49 PM
I like him, frustrating st times but always feel like he can create something.

5 goals and 9 assists in 19 starts. Not bad return considering he’s been getting played here there and everywhere.

1van Sprou7e
24-02-2019, 02:57 PM
I like him, frustrating st times but always feel like he can create something.

5 goals and 9 assists in 19 starts. Not bad return considering he’s been getting played here there and everywhere.

Just out of interest where you getting those stats from? Even disregarding the goals, 9 assists is a fantastic return

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Just out of interest where you getting those stats from? Even disregarding the goals, 9 assists is a fantastic return

Hibs twitter just tweeted it

Tarrahib
24-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Watched a clip taken from behind the goal and you can clearly see the ball take a deflection from Flo's foot.
I shouted goal for Flo as soon as I saw it go in and I sit in section39 in the East.You could see the ball deflect slightly.

ekhibee
24-02-2019, 04:08 PM
I sit in the West and didn't see any deflection, obviously the announcer didn't either as he called Horgan as the scorer. Probably Kambheri did touch it, I just never saw it.

CentreLine
24-02-2019, 04:21 PM
I sit in the West and didn't see any deflection, obviously the announcer didn't either as he called Horgan as the scorer. Probably Kambheri did touch it, I just never saw it.

Also in the west and didn’t see it at the time. However, one of the angles shown on BBC shows a very clear touch and change of direction on the ball. In fact, from that angle it looks like Horgan’s cross was missing the goal

marinello59
24-02-2019, 04:24 PM

I’m in the West and I saw it as Flo’s goal at the time. I thought the announcer had made a mistake.

Aim Here
24-02-2019, 04:35 PM
I don't think it really matters who gets credit for the goal. Horgan and Kamberi were both doing The Right Thing and who got the last touch is a technicality. I'd say it's better for everybody if Flo gets to claim it, just because it might have helped him recover his confidence.