PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in trouble with UEFA

hibbie02
07-08-2018, 03:08 PM
Looks like the idiots with the smoke bombs have dropped us in it! Apparently we are being charged with 3 offences, 2 related to pyrotechnics and one of not having out own stewards for our fans in Greece? Do we need to take Stewards???

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hit-with-uefa-charges-over-fans-behaviour-in-greece-1-4780067

MartinfaePorty
07-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Maybe they got bumped off the charter?!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PeeKay
07-08-2018, 03:13 PM
And yet the near riot in Glasgow that resulted in two Croatian football fans being stabbed is not an issue for UEFA with neither club being sanctioned. They need to get their priorities right!

Famous Fiver
07-08-2018, 03:13 PM
Quite happy to volunteer my services if it means a free trip to Denmark.

Never done it before and I could not stop a tearaway 5 year old but judging by some of the stewards I've seen at ER and on my travels I'm pretty sure I could give it a go.

Might need an extra plane for all the volunteers though!

Togs91
07-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Simple isnt it, club and UEFA dont want us to do it, just don't do it!

Thecat23
They’ll be on the now to tell us “it was gid like” and worth it because they made it a cracking atmosphere. 🙄

Wonder if they would help pay the fine?

GloryGlory
And yet the near riot in Glasgow that resulted in two Croatian football fans being stabbed is not an issue for UEFA with neither club being sanctioned. They need to get their priorities right!

Outside the stadium, unlike Hibs fans who set off flares inside the stadium.

Brightside
07-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Quite happy to volunteer my services if it means a free trip to Denmark.

Never done it before and I could not stop a tearaway 5 year old but judging by some of the stewards I've seen at ER and on my travels I'm pretty sure I could give it a go.

Might need an extra plane for all the volunteers though!

Why are you going to denmark?

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Ongoing investigation is there not with the police as well?

Either way both wrong both deserve punishment.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Tossers!!!

Since90+2
I'd imagine the fine will be pretty small but it is annoying.

Jamesie
Looks like the idiots with the smoke bombs have dropped us in it! Apparently we are being charged with 3 offences, 2 related to pyrotechnics and one of not having out own stewards for our fans in Greece? Do we need to take Stewards???

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-hit-with-uefa-charges-over-fans-behaviour-in-greece-1-4780067

https://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/551778.pdf

Article 24 – Travel of visiting supporters
1 When security reasons render it inadvisable for supporters to travel to an away match, the match organiser and participating associations or clubs must do
everything possible to prevent supporters from travelling.
2 If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards
to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.

Presumably the charge is under Art 24(2). I would suggest that the first building block of our defence to that element of the charge sheet would be the fact that Asteras did not permit us to sell tickets to our own fans in order to ascertain a reasonable expectation as to the numbers that would travel. That, coupled with the fact we didn't fill the club's own charter, should be enough to resist a finding against Hibs on this charge, I would hope.

Jamesie
07-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Meanwhile, Asteras have been accused of breaching article 16 of the DR following a ‘field invasion’.

FWIW I don't recall any supporters from either side entering the field of play?

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Meanwhile, Asteras have been accused of breaching article 16 of the DR following a ‘field invasion’.

One of their fans ran the whole length of the pitch at FT and looked like he was confronting a player. He ran away back after said player gave him his strip

nonshinyfinish
07-08-2018, 03:23 PM

A lone Asteras fan ran down the pitch after the final whistle. Didn’t see anyone other than that.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Asteras boy ran on from the far end when the the players were heading to the tunnel at FT. He managed to run the length of the pitch un-opposed and then got into an argument with one of their players. The argument ended with the Asteras player giving him his shirt and the fan was then able to run back down the full length of the pitch and into the stand unopposed!

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 03:25 PM
Bah! These pesky kids creating atmosphere on foreign soil for old ****ers like us.

Why can't everyone just watch the game on a ropey Facebook stream?

basehibby
07-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Stupid wee fan-dans - maybe they should have a look at the following alternative entertainment instead of costing Hibs money ..... https://www.netmums.com/activities/top-fireworks-displays-for-toddlers-this-bonfire-night

proud_and_green
07-08-2018, 03:29 PM

Either way both wrong both deserve punishment.Ahh, Yoda wise are you!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Jim44
07-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Bah! These pesky kids creating atmosphere on foreign soil for old ****ers like us.

Atmosphere? D’you mean smoke and fumes, dangerous to folk with respiratory conditions?

staunchhibby
07-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Just hope those responsible do not travel to Molde and cause more bother.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 03:33 PM
UEFA seem to run a pretty tight ship.

That's a couple of charges from this game, plus Lennon charged from the game in the Faroes.

Not that I'm against this - if you want to clamp down on stuff, punish it consistently when it is done.

greenginger
07-08-2018, 03:33 PM
https://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/551778.pdf

Article 24 – Travel of visiting supporters
1 When security reasons render it inadvisable for supporters to travel to an away match, the match organiser and participating associations or clubs must do
everything possible to prevent supporters from travelling.
2 If more than 500 supporters are expected to travel to an away match, the visiting association or club concerned is required to appoint an adequate number of stewards
to accompany and assist supporters during their journeys to and from the venue and at the match, and to liaise between the public authorities and the supporters.

Presumably the charge is under Art 24(2). I would suggest that the first building block of our defence to that element of the charge sheet would be the fact that Asteras did not permit us to sell tickets to our own fans in order to ascertain a reasonable expectation as to the numbers that would travel. That, coupled with the fact we didn't fill the club's own charter, should be enough to resist a finding against Hibs on this charge, I would hope.

Was there proper segregation between the home support and our fans ?

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Atmosphere? D’you mean smoke and fumes, dangerous to folk with respiratory conditions?

Are you that man or do you know of such a complainant that was there?

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Tossers!!!

Stupid wee fan-dans - maybe they should have a look at the following alternative entertainment instead of costing Hibs money ..... https://www.netmums.com/activities/top-fireworks-displays-for-toddlers-this-bonfire-night

Just hope those responsible do not travel to Molde and cause more bother.

Talk about overreactions an no need for some of the comments, it was one flare in an open end. I didn't see or hear any complaints when they were getting set off in the square outside the Olive Green bar. Everyone was loving that.

madjock9
07-08-2018, 03:37 PM

Either way both wrong both deserve punishment.

During Liverpool / Roma Game fights outside the ground 1 man seriously injured and Liverpool got a fine of €7000

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/liverpool-fined-7100-uefa-crowd-12980528

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Was there proper segregation between the home support and our fans ?

If you mean the fence that was at least 30ft high with 3 rows of razor wire on it then yes, there was absolutely no way of opposing fans getting near each other inside the ground.

Dalianwanda
07-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Talk about overreactions an no need for some of the comments, it was one flare in an open end. I didn't see or hear any complaints when they were getting set off in the square outside the Olive Green bar. Everyone was loving that.

It was a flare that everyone knows when set off was going to cost the club money, end of story.

basehibby
07-08-2018, 03:43 PM

Aye - like the atmosphere of the planet Venus!

Personally I don't find pyros add anything much apart from a restricted view to football matches - but I usually don't let them bother me much, not being asthmatic or anything. If it's costing Hibs money though??? Different matter - time for the wee wide-os to wind their necks in and find some other form of cheap thrills.

How about this for size .....

https://www.giftideas.co.uk/indoor-fireworks.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn7Wk_qLb3AIVR7TtC h1TogsMEAQYAiABEgKcLfD_BwE

(https://www.giftideas.co.uk/indoor-fireworks.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn7Wk_qLb3AIVR7TtC h1TogsMEAQYAiABEgKcLfD_BwE)

basehibby
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM

You going to pay the fine then???

Famous Fiver
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Underscore

Oops. Age kicking in. Endorses my ability to be a steward!

I'll settle for Norway though!!!

Ozyhibby
07-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Aberdeen got fined for not having stewards last season so no excuse for us not having them. Poor from the club. And poor from the ar******* with the pyro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojock
07-08-2018, 03:47 PM

There was a flare / smokebomb thrown onto the pitch. The amount of smoke delayed the restart after our goal. There was another guy holding a lit flare but didn't throw it.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 03:49 PM
There was a flare / smokebomb thrown onto the pitch. The amount of smoke delayed the restart after the match. There was another guy holding a lit flare but didn't throw it.

Somebody threw a bottle of suncream onto to pitch just missing Mallan, wonder if we're getting done for that as well?

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 03:50 PM

This isn’t something to make light of when it costs the club money!

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 03:52 PM
This isn’t something to make light of when it costs the club money!

Calling some of our fans tossers, erseholes and w***ers isn't something that should be done either which is what some posters are doing.

Sir David Gray
07-08-2018, 03:58 PM

The difference is UEFA aren't able to fine us for something done outside a pub.

Fans know these things are forbidden inside a football stadium and setting them off will result in a punishment. The idiot(s) responsible really should take a look at themselves.

SunshineOnLeith
A lone Asteras fan ran down the pitch after the final whistle. Didn’t see anyone other than that.

Don't know how we restrained ourselves from running on to confront him in the face of such severe and prolonged provocation.

Lancs Harp
Now this is a flare show. Insane.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGAKCYfEc0

Dalianwanda
07-08-2018, 04:01 PM
Calling some of our fans tossers, erseholes and w***ers isn't something that should be done either which is what some posters are doing.

That’s nothing to do with the fact we lost cash from someone doing something they knew was gonna cost the club money.

I dunno who was chucking bottles of sunscreen on the pitch but if caught i’d imagine that would be a fine too...obviously wasn’t seen.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 04:11 PM

WTF is that meant to mean? 😂

Golden Bear
07-08-2018, 04:11 PM
They just don't get it do they?

It seems as though its always someone else's fault for spoiling the bairns enjoyment. Aw diddums.

green day
07-08-2018, 04:14 PM
We were all daft laddies at one time, I find it difficult to feel too worried about this when the racism of some clubs in Italy, Russia and others goes (pretty much) unchecked.

Will cost a few quid and a slap on the wrist, but we wont be thrown out, lets move on.

Humo
07-08-2018, 04:29 PM
In the grand scheme of things is a flare or smoke bomb really big deal?

In the eyes of our governing body and UEFA it's a bigger deal than sectarian behaviour, knife crime, homophobia and xenophobia.

But aye let's all get on a high horse for young guys having a great time at a cracking game of football that had a cracking atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blaster
07-08-2018, 04:32 PM

In the eyes of our governing body and UEFA it's a bigger deal than sectarian behaviour, knife crime, homophobia and xenophobia.

But aye let's all get on a high horse for young guys having a great time at a cracking game of football that had a cracking atmosphere.

It’s the money coming out of Hibs budget that bothers me

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 04:33 PM

Relax, we've just scooped 4m big ones for SJM plus half a million in prize money for qualifying through the first 2 rounds. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Aberdeen got fined for not having stewards last season so no excuse for us not having them. Poor from the club. And poor from the ar******* with the pyro.

Fine probably less than it would cost us to organise our own stewards over in Greece.

Barney McGrew

If if it’s just a bit of fun and enjoyment, then I’m sure the young guys won’t mind footing the bill for any fine then?

Thecat23

That’s the exact point which seems to be totally missed by grown men and woman. It’s not the fact it’s not a big deal it’s the fact it’s cost us money, how is that so hard to understand by many on here.

Blaster
07-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Relax, we've just scooped 4m big ones for SJM plus half a million in prize money for qualifying through the first 2 rounds. :greengrin

And £2.92m when we qualify for the group stages. What’s a few flares eh 😉

Humo
07-08-2018, 04:41 PM
If if it’s just a bit of fun and enjoyment, then I’m sure the young guys won’t mind footing the bill for any fine then?Tell you what when the fine gets handed to us I will start a crowd fund for it and we can see if we can donate the amount of the fine to HSL.

I wasn't part of it but loved seeing the flare while I was over there

Greenbeard
07-08-2018, 04:46 PM
That’s the exact point which seems to be totally missed by grown men and woman. It’s not the fact it’s not a big deal it’s the fact it’s cost us money, how is that so hard to understand by many on here.
My old man always said keep the cat indoors on Guy Fawkes night, he disnae like they flares.

Joking aside I'm with you 100%. Mr R Sole should be identified and made to pay the fine whatever it is. For those who say it's nothing, what if it trends and we get other eejits letting off smoke bombs and then multiple fines? Broken windae theory.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 04:49 PM
My old man always said keep the cat indoors on Guy Fawkes night, he disnae like they flares.

Joking aside I'm with you 100%. Mr R Sole should be identified and made to pay the fine whatever it is. For those who say it's nothing, what if it trends and we get other eejits letting off smoke bombs and then multiple fines? Broken windae theory.

Grassing up our own for a flare? :no way:

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Tell you what when the fine gets handed to us I will start a crowd fund for it and we can see if we can donate the amount of the fine to HSL.

I wasn't part of it but loved seeing the flare while I was over there

Problem with "condoning" it like that is that the perps will take it as licence to do it again. The fines will get bigger, and more serious.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 04:56 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-35402735

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:01 PM
WTF is that meant to mean? 😂

Ah. A man that doesn't get irony. Twittering agents quiet tonight then?

Tarrahib
07-08-2018, 05:02 PM
There was a flare / smokebomb thrown onto the pitch. The amount of smoke delayed the restart after our goal. There was another guy holding a lit flare but didn't throw it.
Aye but why did have in his hand in the first place?

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:05 PM

How much money is it costing?

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-35402735

Thats 36 months old that article.

Tarrahib
07-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Aye but why did have in his hand in the first place?Oops sorry it went off in my hand.

Tarrahib
07-08-2018, 05:09 PM
And £2.92m when we qualify for the group stages. What’s a few flares eh 😉
Easy come easy go.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Thats 36 months old that article.

So what. That’s irrelevant.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:20 PM
So what. That’s irrelevant.

It's hardly a big problem in Scottish football. The authorities should concentrate on stamping out sectarianism, bigotry and racism instead of worrying about flares.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:21 PM

😂 your old man is right!

But yeah, if they are costing the club money it’s simple don’t do it. If they were allowed then crack on. The idiots doing it wouldn’t be stepping forward to pay.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:22 PM
How much money is it costing?

We’ll soon find out. Does it matter or you happy that the club are being fined either way.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Ah. A man that doesn't get irony. Twittering agents quiet tonight then?

Yeah Iggy they are that!!!! Just you work on hanging out with the young team throwing smoke bombs 😂

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:24 PM
We’ll soon find out. Does it matter or you happy that the club are being fined either way.

These things are available online for as little as £2.50 for flares and smoke bombs. Young impressionable lads that go to games are buying them all the time.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:25 PM
It's hardly a big problem in Scottish football. The authorities should concentrate on stamping out sectarianism, bigotry and racism instead of worrying about flares.

Tell you what intrigues me. Countless threads and countless more posts on the European travelling. Getting there, crowd size, ticket allocations, charter prices, places to meet, running buses, price of a pint, the nick of the locals.
Not a bit of interest from some and then a bit of bad news and wallop, all over it.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 05:28 PM

Sorry, HC, but we’re miles apart on this one. I agree they should be stamping out the issues you mention but that doesn’t mitigate what I, and clearly a lot of other folk, consider stupid and costly (to the club) behaviour.

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Tell you what intrigues me. Countless threads and countless more posts on the European travelling. Getting there, crowd size, ticket allocations, charter prices, places to meet, running buses, price of a pint, the nick of the locals.
Not a bit of interest from some and then a bit of bad news and wallop, all over it.

Can you actually give an example of this?

Even if the above was true, you don’t need to have gone to Greece to hold the opinion that the person who threw the smoke bomb/flare is a dobber.

monarch
07-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Why not if it causes the club to be fined. There’s always plenty of voices “advising” the board to splash the cash, somewhat ironic if the action of some tossers, erseholes and w*****s results in the club’s budget being reduced by having to pay out fines.

Ah forgot “it’s somebody else’s money not mine”

Can’t understand the selfish attention seeking mentality of some of the posters on this site.

:confused:

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Course it matters that's why I'm asking. You're the one focused on money on the thread. Why would I want the club fined? Are you doubting my credentials? Hope not.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Sorry, HC, but we’re miles apart on this one. I agree they should be stamping out the issues you mention but that doesn’t mitigate what I, and clearly a lot of other folk, consider stupid and costly (to the club) behaviour.

I guess it wont help if I say I actually don't have a problem with them and no, it wasn't me who threw the thing on the pitch!

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Can you actually give an example of this?

Even if the above was true, you don’t need to have gone to Greece to hold the opinion that the person who threw the smoke bomb/flare is a dobber.

Do I really have to? The threads are all still here and so is this one.
And stop calling people names. Especially those that emanate out of the Weedge. It's most unbecoming.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Course it matters that's why I'm asking. You're the one focus groups on money on the thread. Why would I want the club fined? Are you doubting my credentials? Hope not.

I may disagree with a lot of your posts but no I’m not doubting your credentials. Sadly It will be in the thousands and that’s money we can’t afford to waste. Surely even you can see that?

07-08-2018, 05:34 PM
A player told me the team really enjoyed the flares etc - wouldn’t be surprised if the excellent support spurred the team onto victory.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:35 PM
I guess it wont help if I say I actually don't have a problem with them and no, it wasn't me who threw the thing on the pitch!

Apart from them being illegal and some fans find them horrible as they can’t breathe. But yeah apart from also being fined let’s carry on.

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 05:36 PM

The article says that Hibs management made an announcement to the fans during the game to not set off any flares, so youre arguing against Hibs not the authorities.....
Those culpable should as a minimum own up, offer to pay the fine and agree never to do it again

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:37 PM
A player told me the team really enjoyed the flares etc - wouldn’t be surprised if the excellent support spurred the team onto victory.

The smoke bomb had absolutely zero effect on the game. The fans as a whole helped though minus that.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:38 PM
The article says that Hibs management made an announcement to the fans during the game to not set off any flares, so youre arguing against Hibs not the authorities.....
Those culpable should as a minimum own up, offer to pay the fine and agree never to do it again

Are you seriously suggesting you make some young lad (because lets face it, it would have been a young lad who threw thing) pay a thousands of Euros fine??? Get real!

Jim44
07-08-2018, 05:39 PM

It’s quite clear that you don’t have a problem with them and that’s you’re choice. My opinion is based on legality, safety and consequences. I never assumed for a minute that you were the culprit. A wee bit of me sees where you’re coming from but it’s at a price ( not just financial ) not worth paying.

07-08-2018, 05:40 PM
The smoke bomb had absolutely zero effect on the game. The fans as a whole helped though minus that.

The player I spoke to mentioned the support and specifically the flares

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 05:44 PM
It’s quite clear that you don’t have a problem with them and that’s you’re choice. My opinion is based on legality, safety and consequences. I never assumed for a minute that you were the culprit. A wee bit of me sees where you’re coming from but it’s at a price ( not just financial ) not worth paying.

Fair enough mate, I do agree with that part, its a shame they cause so many problems as I do think they add to the atmosphere.

Iggy Pope
I may disagree with a lot of your posts but no I’m not doubting your credentials. Sadly It will be in the thousands and that’s money we can’t afford to waste. Surely even you can see that?

Even me? Now I'm feeling a bit spoken down to.
And I never threw any flares, I wouldn't know where to start.

I understand the damage to the club as much as anyone and I expect it will be more of my money that's wasted than many on this thread.

Now, rather than waste any money I'm away to waste some time instead on one of those transfer threads.

Thecat23

Well said.

Jim44

The player I spoke to mentioned the support and specifically the flares

Good for them, then. They might want to contribute some of their bonuses to the fine. :greengrin

danhibees1875
07-08-2018, 05:47 PM

Between smoke bomb and FT we lost 1-0. :greengrin

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Even me? Now I'm feeling a bit spoken down to.
And I never threw any flares, I wouldn't know where to start.

I understand the damage to the club as much as anyone and I expect it will be more of my money that's wasted than many on this thread.

Now, rather than waste any money I'm away to waste some time instead on one of those transfer threads.

More like your money wasted? In what way?

I’d stay away from the transfer threads don’t want you getting all angry that some folk speak to players or agents. That’s like seeing a unicorn to some I know!!

Anyway have a lovely evening Iggy always great speaking to you it really is.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Between smoke bomb and FT we lost 1-0. :greengrin

😁 Right enough.

Juniper Greens
07-08-2018, 05:49 PM
It's clear HC doesn't have a problem with flares, and doesn't much care about the arguments against them, so no need for him to continue posting on the subject then as it's going round in circles.

FWIW - My gripe is the money that it costs the club, and yes, it might "only" be £5k or something but that's about 250 match tickets (before tax etc). Every time this happens, that's another 250 tickets we might as well not have sold.

bodhibs
07-08-2018, 05:55 PM
I don't get all this frothing, it's against the rules and illegal, what's the issue? Atmosphere or not it's costing us so must stop. Bams.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 05:58 PM
More like your money wasted? In what way?

I’d stay away from the transfer threads don’t want you getting all angry that some folk speak to players or agents. That’s like seeing a unicorn to some I know!!

Anyway have a lovely evening Iggy always great speaking to you it really is.

Come on now. I'm saying that I expect it will be more of my money wasted than some others on the thread. That's what I expect. Based on the money I have contributed and continue to contribute in various ways.

Not sure about the unicorn stuff, you've lost me. Maybe lose me a wee bit keener and we'll both be happy. I know you have devotees but I don't think you've ever posted anything on this site I've ever found useful or even slightly interesting.

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Come on now. I'm saying that I expect it will be more of my money wasted than some others on the thread. That's what I expect. Based on the money I have contributed and continue to contribute in various ways.

Not sure about the unicorn stuff, you've lost me. Maybe lose me a wee bit keener and we'll both be happy. I know you have devotees but I don't think you've ever posted anything on this site I've ever found useful or even slightly interesting.

Like yourself many including me give a lot to the club not just buying a ST.

That’s fine, it’s a football forum, not everyone is going to like everyone’s posts. I’m not going to cry because Iggy doesn’t find my posts interesting I’m sure I’ll cope.

But again, I hope you have a lovely evening Iggy whatever you are doing, you cheeky chappy that you are!!

JimboHibs
07-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Apart from them being illegal and some fans find them horrible as they can’t breathe. But yeah apart from also being fined let’s carry on.

You posted a few days ago 'I must have watched over 50 video clips of us in Greece and enjoyed everyone then you added a few 😂😂😂'

Save your reply as it will no doubt say none of they clips contained footage of a smoke bomb 🤔👋

The Green Goblin
07-08-2018, 06:13 PM
It’s incredible that there’s even an argument over this. People are deliberately doing something they know full well will needlessly cost the club money. There’s more to Hibs than just transfer kittys. That money could be put towards the electricity bill, or maintaining the pitch at ER, or equipment for the youth teams, or community projects, or a thousand other things that Hibs need to take care of. It’s knowingly undermining the club and the work it is trying to do, so if it’s harming the club in any way, then no, it’s not justifiable under any circumstances.

Sammy7nil
07-08-2018, 06:14 PM

A player told me he thought the guy that threw the flare was a large C0CK

bodhibs
07-08-2018, 06:14 PM
You posted a few days ago 'I must have watched over 50 video clips of us in Greece and enjoyed everyone then you added a few 😂😂😂'

Save your reply as it will no doubt say none of they clips contained footage of a smoke bomb 🤔👋

Is this really your reply? Oh my

Skol
07-08-2018, 06:15 PM
The attitude of the pyrotechnic gang is not unlike the sectarian bigots.

We dont care what anyone thinks or the consequences we will carry on doing it as it adds to the atmosphere .

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2018, 06:15 PM
It's clear HC doesn't have a problem with flares, and doesn't much care about the arguments against them, so no need for him to continue posting on the subject then as it's going round in circles.

FWIW - My gripe is the money that it costs the club, and yes, it might "only" be £5k or something but that's about 250 match tickets (before tax etc). Every time this happens, that's another 250 tickets we might as well not have sold.

a very small minority simply won't/don't understand that

Onion
07-08-2018, 06:17 PM
I don't get all this frothing, it's against the rules and illegal, what's the issue? Atmosphere or not it's costing us so must stop. Bams.

:agree: Makes no sense. Folk paying ££££ to show support for Hibs in Europe only to let off flares and cost the club money. Stupid doesn't begin to describe it.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Like yourself many including me give a lot to the club not just buying a ST.

That’s fine, it’s a football forum, not everyone is going to like everyone’s posts. I’m not going to cry because Iggy doesn’t find my posts interesting I’m sure I’ll cope.

But again, I hope you have a lovely evening Iggy whatever you are doing, you cheeky chappy that you are!!

I might have been replying to your post but I wasn't singling your contributions (or anyone else's) out. It's just my opinion.

And your patronisingly unfunny crap at the end of each post does nowt to add any interest.

JimboHibs
07-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Is this really your reply? Oh my

Oh my what ?

So we have a poster calling out folk but also saying they enjoy watching footage of the events !!

It's hypocritical.

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 06:20 PM
The attitude of the pyrotechnic gang is not unlike the sectarian bigots.

We dont care what anyone thinks or the consequences we will carry on doing it as it adds to the atmosphere .

To be fair I'm not sure you've got any of the pyrotechnic gang involved on the thread. Comparing the behaviour to sectarianism is some leap though.

Sammy7nil
07-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Oh my what ?

So we have a poster calling out folk but also saying they enjoy watching footage of the events !!

It's hypocritical.

Did he say I loved that flare it really added to the atmosphere and my overall enjoyment ?:cb

Iggy Pope
07-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Did he say I loved that flare it really added to the atmosphere and my overall enjoyment ?:cb

Has anyone come close to saying this?

Sammy7nil
07-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Has anyone come close to saying this?

No that is my point :wink:

Thecat23
07-08-2018, 06:28 PM
I might have been replying to your post but I wasn't singling your contributions (or anyone else's) out. It's just my opinion.

And your patronisingly unfunny crap at the end of each post does nowt to add any interest.

😁👍🏼👍🏼

SquashedFrogg
07-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Are you seriously suggesting you make some young lad (because lets face it, it would have been a young lad who threw thing) pay a thousands of Euros fine??? Get real!

How much did it cost for the 'young lads' Greek trip? Doesn't sound like a school boy spending his pocket money.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 06:30 PM

Really?

Which player?

Jim Herriot
07-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Just a thought. The problem seems to be the potential health hazard. Would Easter Road, or UEFA, have a problem with confetti cannons?

https://www.confettimaster.com/bespoke-confetti-cannons.html

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Fair enough mate, I do agree with that part, its a shame they cause so many problems as I do think they add to the atmosphere.

and if EUFA say that any repetition will result in the club being ejected from the tournament what will be your position then?

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:44 PM
and if EUFA say that any repetition will result in the club being ejected from the tournament what will be your position then?

Away you go, Celtic have been warned by UEFA countless times and not been thrown out, have a look at the Italian, French and Dutch clubs when they play Europe, a lot worse than us.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:45 PM
How much did it cost for the 'young lads' Greek trip? Doesn't sound like a school boy spending his pocket money.

No but it didn't cost them 50 grand either....

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Away you go, Celtic have been warned by UEFA countless times and not been thrown out, have a look at the Italian, French and Dutch clubs when they play Europe, a lot worse than us.

so you wont answer the question then.............

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 06:49 PM
so you wont answer the question then.............

What will be my position? Everyone has choices to make and if someone makes the wrong choice then what can you do about it?

Dalianwanda
07-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Just a thought. The problem seems to be the potential health hazard. Would Easter Road, or UEFA, have a problem with confetti cannons?

The cleaners might 😉

Onion
07-08-2018, 06:57 PM
The mentality of the folk letting off flares at European away games knowing that it will damage the club's reputation and cost the club £££ in fines have the very same mentality as the idiots who ignored the celebrations at Hampden in May 2016 and were more concerned with noising up some meaningless Sevco fans.

eastcoasthibby
07-08-2018, 07:01 PM

5k this time anything else or a repeat and you can count on the fine doubling at least and probably more on the basis that ....the numpty minority havent learned, so a ramped.up fine will happen.
Anyone want to give odds on, one or two or a few of our selfish detached, only interested in what they think creates an atmosphere, not setting off a flare or smoke bomb or two during either or both of the Molde games ??
If it happens ..forget the dobbing folk in is wrong brigade !..they will be taking the P/££ out of the.club, the other fans and UEFA ...and deserve to be singled out for it, we have had our warning.

Liam978
07-08-2018, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;5501341]Talk about overreactions an no need for some of the comments, it was one flare in an open end. I didn't see or hear any complaints when they were getting set off in the square outside the Olive Green bar. Everyone was loving that.

Maybe you never but there were plenty locals complaining. You'll be telling us next that you never knew there was a fire ban due to the recent sad events.

basehibby
07-08-2018, 07:10 PM

NOT This - if we get fined even a paltry 5 grand or so it's still ten plus fans' season ticket money literally up in smoke that should have been spent on our football team.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 07:24 PM
This - if we get fined even a paltry 5 grand or so it's still ten plus fans' season ticket money literally up in smoke that should have been spent on our football team.

Oh come on!

Surely it's worth Hibs losing £5000 if a couple of Hibs fans got a right good cheapie out of it?

andybev1
07-08-2018, 07:39 PM

That's a couple of charges from this game, plus Lennon charged from the game in the Faroes.

Not that I'm against this - if you want to clamp down on stuff, punish it consistently when it is done.

Maybe they should be in charge of bigoted behaviour inside scottish grounds.

Kojock
07-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Aye but why did have in his hand in the first place?

HC stated it was only one flare, I was merely pointing out that there were two flares (one thrown on the pitch and the other was held in the air) plus a smoke bomb.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 07:46 PM
HC stated it was only one flare, I was merely pointing out that there were two flares (one thrown on the pitch and the other was held in the air) plus a smoke bomb.

All from Hibs fans?

Viva_Palmeiras
07-08-2018, 07:47 PM

Dont deflect. We’re talking about fan conduct within the stadium not much of a leg to stand on.

basehibby
07-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Oh come on!

Surely it's worth Hibs losing £5000 if a couple of Hibs fans got a right good cheapie out of it?

Thing is Radge - I don't even get my cheapies out of it - in fact I happen to think that smoke bombs etc are a bit crap, and a pain in the erse - creating an unwelcome distraction (well we are Hibees and our football is actually worth seeing at the moment!) from the main event and maybe even blocking out the action for some.

And yes I DO like an atmosphere at the football - but I prefer when it's one that I can breathe.

Kojock
07-08-2018, 07:50 PM
All from Hibs fans?

Yes

Smartie
07-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Maybe they should be in charge of bigoted behaviour inside scottish grounds.

I do think the Scottish football authorities could take a leaf out of their book.

UEFA aren't tying themselves in knots trying to work out what to do. When the bigots stepped out of line they were punished and even quietened down for a while. We've broken rules and we are being punished, no grey areas, no questions asked.

Clearly the problem in Scotland is that there is not desire to eradicate lots of different types of bad behaviour.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of what went on and whether or not the punishment is suitable, UEFA have made rules and when they have been broken they have punished clubs accordingly - even away fans in someone else's ground.

I have a bit of respect for that.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 08:07 PM
I do think the Scottish football authorities could take a leaf out of their book.

UEFA aren't tying themselves in knots trying to work out what to do. When the bigots stepped out of line they were punished and even quietened down for a while. We've broken rules and we are being punished, no grey areas, no questions asked.

Clearly the problem in Scotland is that there is not desire to eradicate lots of different types of bad behaviour.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of what went on and whether or not the punishment is suitable, UEFA have made rules and when they have been broken they have punished clubs accordingly - even away fans in someone else's ground.

I have a bit of respect for that.

Smartie, you make some interesting and valid points. If the SFA had a similar policy to UEFA, maybe we might see some change in Scotland. However Uefa hand out a lot of money, and expect certain standards in exchange for that

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Thing is Radge - I don't even get my cheapies out of it - in fact I happen to think that smoke bombs etc are a bit crap, and a pain in the erse - creating an unwelcome distraction (well we are Hibees and our football is actually worth seeing at the moment!) from the main event and maybe even blocking out the action for some.

And yes I DO like an atmosphere at the football - but I prefer when it's one that I can breathe.

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you.

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 08:11 PM
If Hibs take a financial hit for this, then i’d hope the culprits can be identified and banned.

BullsCloseHibs
07-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Watched a few videos from Tripolis. What a trip that was! Great seeing such a big Hibs support in full flow before and during the game. Magnificent!

sixtwo
07-08-2018, 08:25 PM
If Hibs take a financial hit for this, then i’d hope the culprits can be identified and banned.

I was there. The atmosphere was fantastic. The pyro was not needed. I don’t want to see anybody banned. They are obviously Hibs daft. I do want to see an end to this. Put it down to exuberance

Carheenlea
07-08-2018, 08:26 PM

I wouldn’t be banning anyone who made the effort to travel half way across Europe to support the team and contribute to a travelling support and atmosphere that spurred the team on to win the tie.
I honestly thought smoke bombs and flares were allowed in Europe given the countless footage of them on YouTube etc. Every chance the young guys maybe thought the same.

bodhibs
07-08-2018, 08:30 PM
I wouldn’t be banning anyone who made the effort to travel half way across Europe to support the team and contribute to a travelling support and atmosphere that spurred the team on to win the tie.
I honestly thought smoke bombs and flares were allowed in Europe given the countless footage of them on YouTube etc. Every chance the young guys maybe thought the same.

We have a long long way to go it seems 🙄

Geo_1875
07-08-2018, 08:32 PM

Ignorance isn't a defence.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 08:33 PM

I doubt anyone thinks chucking flares into the opposition 18 yard box is allowed.

Sylar
07-08-2018, 08:36 PM
I doubt anyone thinks chucking flares into the opposition 18 yard box is allowed.

But, but, the Italians...! :rolleyes:

Juniper Greens
07-08-2018, 08:36 PM
oh dear

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 08:38 PM
oh dear

Proper uber fan stuff there.

green&left
07-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Thought I was reading kickback there for a minute. Geez peace.

bodhibs
07-08-2018, 08:39 PM

they traveled and should, hence be immune to any any action for being a massive roaster?

Is that how it works?

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 08:39 PM
I was there. The atmosphere was fantastic. The pyro was not needed. I don’t want to see anybody banned. They are obviously Hibs daft. I do want to see an end to this. Put it down to exuberance

I don’t see any of this making up for the club being out of pocket, assuming we do get a fine. It needs to stop.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 08:41 PM

You’ve obviously never met him HR. Think he’s just saying what he thinks happens in Europe all the time. A gentler man, you’ll never meet

Like me, I’m sure, he wished we didn’t do these sort of things

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 08:48 PM
You’ve obviously never met him HR. Think he’s just saying what he thinks happens in Europe all the time. A gentler man, you’ll never meet

Like me, I’m sure, he wished we didn’t do these sort of things

I meant the people who threw the flare

basehibby
07-08-2018, 08:52 PM
I was being sarcastic. I agree with you.

Yes - but I was trying to out-trump your sarcasm with even more sarcasm - you can never get enough sarcasm (he said sarcastically)

But I think we both agree - smoke bombs and flares are pish and for grown up bairns that never grew up - they block my view and make me bump my gums like a grumpy old trout. And the smoke-bomb-eestas (or is that eejits?) may harumph that you and me are spoilsports but they are costing Hibs more money than they put in - and for that reason deserve to be bombed, smoked - and yes, even made to wear flares for as long as they all shall live - so there!

vercol36
07-08-2018, 08:54 PM

Another player told me that he didn't like it very much at all. Not one but. And he said the other player who told you it was good is considered a bit of a loose canon by the rest of the team.

Carheenlea
07-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Lessons will be learned I’m sure, and those travelling to Denmark next week will be reminded by the club of the consequences of letting off such devices in European competition. Far worse things happen in football grounds than the odd flare getting let off, but if the rules state clubs will be punished then there isn’t really really any arguement to be had. But a lot of young guys away on a trip with their mates to see Hibs, the chances are rationale behaviour will go out the window.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Yes - but I was trying to out-trump your sarcasm with even more sarcasm - you can never get enough sarcasm (he said sarcastically)

But I think we both agree - smoke bombs and flares are pish and for grown up bairns that never grew up - they block my view and make me bump my gums like a grumpy old trout. And the smoke-bomb-eestas (or is that eejits?) may harumph that you and me are spoilsports but they are costing Hibs more money than they put in - and for that reason deserve to be bombed, smoked - and yes, even made to wear flares for as long as they all shall live - so there!

:not worth

BoomtownHibees
07-08-2018, 09:00 PM
Lessons will be learned I’m sure, and those travelling to Denmark next week will be reminded by the club of the consequences of letting off such devices in European competition. Far worse things happen in football grounds than the odd flare getting let off, but if the rules state clubs will be punished then there isn’t really really any arguement to be had. But a lot of young guys away on a trip with their mates to see Hibs, the chances are rationale behaviour will go out the window.

Hope they make it to Norway and no Denmark

vercol36
07-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Every chance the young guys maybe thought the same.

It's a fair point Carheenlea. But it would also be fair to make the young guys foot the bill as a learning experience surely?

Carheenlea
07-08-2018, 09:04 PM

I’m on medication at the moment - the tablets must be as strong as I was warned :dizzy:
Best retire to bed before posting any more nonsense!

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 09:21 PM
I’m on medication at the moment - the tablets must be as strong as I was warned :dizzy:
Best retire to bed before posting any more nonsense!

Best Carheenlea😄

barcahibs
07-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Yayy let's throw some litter about?

Greenbeard
07-08-2018, 09:33 PM
A message for the Tripolis bomber(s).....

Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Ars*hole, ars*hole, ars*hole, ars*hole,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
You bought it,
You hid it,
You lit it,
You heaved it.

My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,
My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
You’re stupid,
And mindless,
Cost Hibs dear,
They’ll fine us.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
You bought it,
You hid it,
You lit it,
You heaved it.

My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
You’re stupid,
And mindless,
Cost Hibs dear,
They’ll fine us.

:hilarious

:top marks

Roxyhibee
07-08-2018, 09:45 PM

Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
Your bomb was smokin’,
You bought it,
You hid it,
You lit it,
You heaved it.

My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
My eyes are burnin’,
You’re stupid,
And mindless,
Cost Hibs dear,
They’ll fine us.

Talent.! And true.

Hibrandenburg
07-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Anyone who damages the club's reputation or damages them financially can't be considered to be a supporter. In fact they're exactly the opposite.

barcahibs
07-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Nice thread here where George Craig talks about how he's grateful for Hibs.net's donation of £7000 and how he'll use it to help refurbish some facilities at East Mains.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?328832-Hibs-net-Donation-to-the-Club&p=5331303#post5331303

Just for anyone thinking the fine isnt a huge amount of money and won't be noticed.

Hibbyradge
07-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Nice thread here where George Craig talks about how he's grateful for Hibs.net's donation of £7000 and how he'll use it to help refurbish some facilities at East Mains.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?328832-Hibs-net-Donation-to-the-Club&p=5331303#post5331303

Just for anyone thinking the fine isnt a huge amount of money and won't be noticed.

Great research.

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Anyone who damages the club's reputation or damages them financially can't be considered to be a supporter. In fact they're exactly the opposite.

:agree:

Jim Herriot
07-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Yayy let's throw some litter about?

It's just an idea. I agree there would be implications for the cleaners, but it would be preferable to smoke bombs.

(From the site mentioned: "
All our confetti is flame ******ant, and conforms to NEN-EN-ISO 6941 and is suitable for use in public venues, ie schools, theatres, clubs etc. All our non-metallic confetti is biodegradable.")

Edit: darned swear-word filter...

NaeTechnoHibby
08-08-2018, 01:06 AM

Best post oan this thread :hibees made me laugh out loud :greengrin

I agree with all this :aok::cb :agree:

Allant1981
08-08-2018, 06:39 AM

sorry thats just rubbish, i dont agree with the flares being set off but to suggest they arent suporters is just rubbish when they have travelled over there to support the club in th efirst place

Jack
08-08-2018, 06:43 AM

I hope they only make it to Denmark.

pacoluna
08-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Holding the flare is fine throwing it on the pitch isn't, how the hell did they manage to get it in the stadium though when I got my sun cream taking off me!

Hermit Crab
08-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Holding the flare is fine throwing it on the pitch isn't, how the hell did they manage to get it in the stadium though when I got my sun cream taking off me!

Somebody launched a huge bottle of the stuff over the fence at the goal just missing Mallan

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2018, 07:42 AM
sorry thats just rubbish, i dont agree with the flares being set off but to suggest they arent suporters is just rubbish when they have travelled over there to support the club in th efirst place

But they're not supporting the club, they're damaging it financially.

hibsbollah
08-08-2018, 07:52 AM

Of course they're supporters, dont be ridiculous.
Was everyone who 'entered the field of play' at the Cup final 'non supporters?' They cost the club financially as well.

Nobody wants to see the club fined, of course, but some of the indignant outrage on this thread is a bit embarrassing.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2018, 07:54 AM
sorry thats just rubbish, i dont agree with the flares being set off but to suggest they arent suporters is just rubbish when they have travelled over there to support the club in th efirst placeIt's a moot point as to what constitutes supporting the club. I've been to a couple of away trips where there's been a few folk so bladdered it's a miracle they got into the ground.

A fair bit of what they shout at the players isn't supportive. On one occasion a muppet swung a punch at an actual supporter who objected to the drunks reference to the rest of us as part time supporters. Ironically he got decked by a hibby and both got ejected.

If what you do harms the club I'm not sure it's very supportive . putting it right would be.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Allant1981
08-08-2018, 07:55 AM

they were supporting the club, to suggest otherwise is daft, do you think they went all the way over there with the thought in their head that the club would get a fine

The Green Goblin
08-08-2018, 07:57 AM

Spot on. I made this point earlier in the thread, minus a specific example. Cheers for providing one. 👍

CentreLine
08-08-2018, 08:02 AM

The problem is that clubs from the countries you quote can absorb the large fines. Scottish football, and therefore Hibs, are starved of the kind of cash these clubs live on. They talk in hundreds of millions in transfer fees because they are not neglected by TV company cash.
Getting Hibs any sort of progress in Europe has to be a collective effort involving club and fans. If fans misbehave it makes a serious dent in our income and has a direct affect on our ability to compete. You need to drop the whataboutery and see the bigger picture.
Behaving within the rules means getting behind Hibernian FC 👍🏻

green&left
08-08-2018, 08:08 AM
The problem is that clubs from the countries you quote can absorb the large fines. Scottish football, and therefore Hibs, are starved of the kind of cash these clubs live on. They talk in hundreds of millions in transfer fees because they are not neglected by TV company cash.
Getting Hibs any sort of progress in Europe has to be a collective effort involving club and fans. If fans misbehave it makes a serious dent in our income and has a direct affect on our ability to compete. You need to drop the whataboutery and see the bigger picture.
Behaving within the rules means getting behind Hibernian FC 👍🏻

It'll be about a £5k fine taking out of the quarter of a million pound prize money.

Hibs are that concerned and outraged about the pyrotechnics they included the pre-match smoke bomb and flare in their official social media video footage :faf:

CentreLine
08-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Was everyone who 'entered the field of play' at the Cup final 'non supporters?' They cost the club financially as well.

Nobody wants to see the club fined, of course, but some of the indignant outrage on this thread is a bit embarrassing.

I think you are missing the point. The comment seems to be making the point that support is financial. You are a fan if you run about waving flags, cheer on the team etc. but you are a supporter if your hard earned money going in to the club outweighs any cost that the club incurred as a result of your presence or actions. Maybe the postr will come back and confirm that.

Semantics eh!

Iggy Pope
08-08-2018, 08:24 AM

Spot on.
This can be some forum. Here was me thinking the establishment lot were on the other side. This thread is full of self-righteous holy seethe.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 08:27 AM
So what have Hibs done wrong with the stewarding to get a fine. Thought I read somewhere that we had our own security in place?
I wasn’t in Greece unfortunately, so not really sure what the issue was, although I’m sure we’d be aware of our responsibilities

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2018, 08:33 AM
I think you are missing the point. The comment seems to be making the point that support is financial. You are a fan if you run about waving flags, cheer on the team etc. but you are a supporter if your hard earned money going in to the club outweighs any cost that the club incurred as a result of your presence or actions. Maybe the postr will come back and confirm that.

Semantics eh!

Correct. Hibs follower or fan might be appropriate, but you can't call yourself a supporter of something you're wilfully damaging.

Phil MaGlass
08-08-2018, 08:38 AM

This, also, if it was young laddies, we have all been there, getting caught up in the moment, not really thinking of the consequences. I would also like to think aftr all the condonig on here they may have well regretted what they have done.
Maybe a degree of self policing wouldnt go amiss. Some of the comments on here about their behaviour has been laughable and OTT. Our fans are not animals, how about UEFA/SFA taking the huns to task for bigotry and the stabbings, if more were done in that direction football would be more enjoyable and you would only be getting a slap on the wrist for letting off flares.

JimboHibs
08-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Correct. Hibs follower or fan might be appropriate, but you can't call yourself a supporter of something you're wilfully damaging.

Nonsense.

The Green Goblin
08-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Spot on.
This can be some forum. Here was me thinking the establishment lot were on the other side. This thread is full of self-righteous holy seethe.

I don’t like it when the club loses money needlessly which could be spent on other things.

That said, maybe I’ll follow the flare lighters’ example and do what I feel like at the game tomorrow...smash a few toilets, damage the scanners at the gates, break some seats on the way out. It’ll cost Hibs a good bit of money, but they can afford it, right? The main thing is it’s what I want to do and it’ll be a good laugh.

Scott Allan Key
08-08-2018, 09:09 AM

No doubt excepting whether Sevco were singing party songs like they usually do. If so, where are their sanctions. It is ‘strict liability’, isn’t it?

where'stheslope
08-08-2018, 09:41 AM
This, also, if it was young laddies, we have all been there, getting caught up in the moment, not really thinking of the consequences. I would also like to think aftr all the condonig on here they may have well regretted what they have done.
Maybe a degree of self policing wouldnt go amiss. Some of the comments on here about their behaviour has been laughable and OTT. Our fans are not animals, how about UEFA/SFA taking the huns to task for bigotry and the stabbings, if more were done in that direction football would be more enjoyable and you would only be getting a slap on the wrist for letting off flares.
Stabbings can only be delt with by the Police!
But, on the bigotry Police were involved, but I think Parliment changed the laws?
I would prefer if we all just went to enjoy the football and get rid of all the histrionics that appear to be bringing our club down!!!

GIBBY NEWTON
08-08-2018, 09:47 AM
I don’t like it when the club loses money needlessly which could be spent on other things.

That said, maybe I’ll follow the flare lighters’ example and do what I feel like at the game tomorrow...smash a few toilets, damage the scanners at the gates, break some seats on the way out. It’ll cost Hibs a good bit of money, but they can afford it, right? The main thing is it’s what I want to do and it’ll be a good laugh.

Well Said !!!!!! GGTTH

happiehibbie
08-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Best post oan this thread :hibees made me laugh out loud :greengrin

I agree with all this :aok::cb :agree:

This gets my vote

Kojock
08-08-2018, 10:55 AM
No doubt excepting whether Sevco were singing party songs like they usually do. If so, where are their sanctions. It is ‘strict liability’, isn’t it?

Rangers singing party songs didn’t delay play in their game. The flare on the pitch at our game delayed the restart after our goal. I don’t know if this is the reason for Uefas stance.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2018, 11:11 AM

Were they, though? I know we assume it, but....

Iggy Pope
08-08-2018, 11:22 AM

And now you've gone off on one true to type and in line with others on this sorrowful thread.

The Green Goblin
08-08-2018, 11:29 AM
And now you've gone off on one true to type and in line with others on this sorrowful thread.

That’s not even an answer, never mind a counter argument. Just a wee dig. Happy to be debated, but you’ve offered nothing at all.

Jack
08-08-2018, 12:11 PM

They werent getting caught up in the moment. They bought them before the match with the intention of setting them off there.

If they took them from the UK they're lucky they weren't arrested at the airport!

Iggy Pope
08-08-2018, 01:23 PM
That’s not even an answer, never mind a counter argument. Just a wee dig. Happy to be debated, but you’ve offered nothing at all.

Why do you need a counter argument man? You're looking for a debate on smashing up toilets and scanners and stuff. Seriously? None of this happened. Like I said, you went off on one. Self indulgent posts like yours are the offering of nothing much at all.
The issue looks like it's been discussed about as far as it can and I can assure you there is more outrage amongst those on this thread than there was from anyone at the game, at the time..

European tie.
Flare set off.
Shock waves throughout the continent. (Well, this miniscule corner of it anyway).

I think I'll sit back, having neither used a flare or smashed up a bog at any time in my puff, and wait on the outcome of the disciplinary and see what the Hibs have to say about it all. And maybe an edit on that wee Hibs Media shoot taking all the nasty stuff out might be next. The one so previously admired.

JimboHibs
08-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Are you suggesting that members of the board should be banned or removed ?

You do realise the club itself failed to supply club stewards at the tie and there will be financial implications for this misdemenour.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 02:38 PM

You do realise the club itself failed to supply club stewards at the tie and there will be financial implications for this misdemenour.

I thought we did supply stewards, but they were in the wrong place?

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2018, 02:44 PM
UEFA are very strict on anything like pyrotechnics. It's great that we have fans who will travel to such places and get behind the team, but let's be smart, eh. Anything which gets us into trouble can only be counterproductive. Our fans can make a terrific atmosphere without flares and smoke bombs.

marinello59
08-08-2018, 03:16 PM

Hibs should get away with the steward issue. How could our club know how many were going to be there when it was the home club who dealt with the tickets. The blazers at UEFA are no better than the ones at the SFA.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Hibs should get away with the steward issue. How could our club know how many were going to be there when it was the home club who dealt with the tickets. The blazers at UEFA are no better than the ones at the SFA.

Maybe that’s why we’re selling the Molde tickets ourselves

JimboHibs
08-08-2018, 04:17 PM

If the club didn't do due diligence on the number of supporters potentially turning up that is no fault of UEFA,because we didn't sell any tickets for the game is no excuse,this action will most likely have financial implications,should we demand that any fine be paid out of the pockets of the club directors,should we find out who the culprit or culprits are and ban them from the club or is that only for the smoke bomb throwers.

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2018, 04:41 PM
they were supporting the club, to suggest otherwise is daft, do you think they went all the way over there with the thought in their head that the club would get a fine

They went all the way over there and at some point bought a flare that they intended to set off in the stadium. They'd have had to have lived under a rock for several years to not realise that this could lead to Hibs being fined. We have to conclude that the financial loss that Hibs will now incur was taken into account by the individual who bought and ignited it. That's hardly the actions of someone supporting the club and more the actions of a fanny who's own selfish pleasure takes priority over the well being of his fellow supporters and the club they claim to support.

Hibrandenburg
08-08-2018, 04:43 PM
Nonsense.

Aye, thanks for your input :rolleyes:

green day
08-08-2018, 04:48 PM
If the club didn't do due diligence on the number of supporters potentially turning up that is no fault of UEFA,because we didn't sell any tickets for the game is no excuse,this action will most likely have financial implications,should we demand that any fine be paid out of the pockets of the club directors,should we find out who the culprit or culprits are and ban them from the club or is that only for the smoke bomb throwers.

This is one of the biggest piles of Tom Kite I have ever read :rolleyes:

Hibs were not selling tickets to this match, and how the hell are Hibs supposed to do "due diligence" on numbers of fans who are in Greece independently (i.e. almost all of them)?

JimboHibs
08-08-2018, 04:56 PM
This is one of the biggest piles of Tom Kite I have ever read :rolleyes:

Hibs were not selling tickets to this match, and how the hell are Hibs supposed to do "due diligence" on numbers of fans who are in Greece independently (i.e. almost all of them)?

So it's not the clubs fault that we broke the rules,now that's one of the biggest piles of Tom Kite I have read 🙄

green day
08-08-2018, 05:08 PM
So it's not the clubs fault that we broke the rules,now that's one of the biggest piles of Tom Kite I have read 🙄

The rule is nonsensical - Hibs had stewards there, just not enough as we (a) cant force people to tell us they are going, and (b) didnt sell the tickets, the greeks did.

So, again, let me know how we could do due diligence, as you called it??

JimboHibs
08-08-2018, 05:20 PM
The rule is nonsensical - Hibs had stewards there, just not enough as we (a) cant force people to tell us they are going, and (b) didnt sell the tickets, the greeks did.

So, again, let me know how we could do due diligence, as you called it??

Sold our own tickets 👍 there's our due diligence.