PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Telephone sockets

sleeping giant
20-07-2018, 05:08 PM
I recently had Virgin Media installed and was surprised that the installation guy did not instal telephone sockets. Instead , there is a connector coming from the router that the phone plugs into.
No master sockets or extensions .

It is not connected to the telephone lines already in my house so I can only have it plugged in beside the router.

Is this normal ? Have they stopped installing master sockets?

The only reason I am bringing this up is we have noticed that our phone now does not ring when someone calls.
The phone will light up when someone calls and I can answer and speak to the caller but it won't ring.

Should the tech have installed a master socket and an extension ?

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2018, 06:25 PM
I recently had Virgin Media installed and was surprised that the installation guy did not instal telephone sockets. Instead , there is a connector coming from the router that the phone plugs into.
No master sockets or extensions .

It is not connected to the telephone lines already in my house so I can only have it plugged in beside the router.

Is this normal ? Have they stopped installing master sockets?

The only reason I am bringing this up is we have noticed that our phone now does not ring when someone calls.
The phone will light up when someone calls and I can answer and speak to the caller but it won't ring.

Should the tech have installed a master socket and an extension ?

:agree: I have Virgin, the router is in my son's bedroom, the master phone socket was fitted in the living room.