PDA

View Full Version : Hibees on tour

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Thought I'd introduce myself to the .net fraternity from 34,000 ft en-route to Boston. Been lurking on here for a while and it's about time to say hello to a great bunch of fellow Hibees.

Off with my junior Hibee for a wee jaunt around the US East Coast. Managed to see the Runavik game in Reykjavik on Thursday. Hoping to catch the game somehow next week from NYC...any suggestions gratefully received, not sure if HibsTV will be showing it...

Cheers for now, time to crack open another Transatlantic IPA from IcelandAir...a surprisingly tasty beverage

:greengrin

houstonhibbee
14-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Thought I'd introduce myself to the .net fraternity from 34,000 ft en-route to Boston. Been lurking on here for a while and it's about time to say hello to a great bunch of fellow Hibees.

Off with my junior Hibee for a wee jaunt around the US East Coast. Managed to see the Runavik game in Reykjavik on Thursday. Hoping to catch the game somehow next week from NYC...any suggestions gratefully received, not sure if HibsTV will be showing it...

Cheers for now, time to crack open another Transatlantic IPA from IcelandAir...a surprisingly tasty beverage

:greengrin
Dont think theres been an announcement yet. Not in hibs control.

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE=houstonhibbee;5465187]Dont think theres been an announcement yet. Not in hibs control.[/QUOTE

Cheers for that, fingers crossed they're showing it. Would be a slice of luck being able to see the game whilst out of the country.

stoneyburn hibs
14-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Hi GP Welcome mate, enjoy your holiday.

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Hi GP Welcome mate, enjoy your holiday.

Cheers Stoneyburn hibs. Looking forward to the holiday...heading to see the RedSox tomorrow. Looking at their food and drink offerings made me smile reading the thread about the ER catering...if only we could get a Sam Adams or similar...:agree:

Gutted I missed the game on Thursday at ER, first for a while now. HibsTV coverage was perfect in Reykjavik, so not a disaster. Hoping they get rights for the away leg.

NthCarolinaHibs
14-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Premier Sports showing it,do you might pick it up Stateside..⚽🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Good man, I'll check it out. Many thanks :top marks

mca
14-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Seems like it going to cost a Tenner for a months subscription.. cant see anything about minimum contract !!??

CapitalGreen
14-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Seems like it going to cost a Tenner for a months subscription.. cant see anything about minimum contract !!??

1 month minimum

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 09:32 PM
1 month minimum

Sounds ok to me. Will cover the game in Greece too, which they're also advertising.

Bostonhibby
14-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Welcome GP.

You appear to have taken quite a detour and done thousands more miles than you had to☺

East coast line to peterborough, branch line to spalding and change there for Britain's brexit capital, Boston.5 hours should do it.

Characterful atmospheric old football ground-tynecastle without the escalators. Quite a few pubs that haven't been decorated since the 50's. Tourist mecca.

You probably never have to be more than 4ft off the ground at any given time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Welcome GP.

You appear to have taken quite a detour and done thousands more miles than you had to☺

East coast line to peterborough, branch line to spalding and change there for Britain's brexit capital, Boston.5 hours should do it.

Characterful atmospheric old football ground-tynecastle without the escalators. Quite a few pubs that haven't been decorated since the 50's. Tourist mecca.

You probably never have to be more than 4ft off the ground at any given time.

Haha...thanks Bostonhibby, good to be on board.

it was a toss up between the two and my Junior Hibee had the final say...he's still young and has much to learn :greengrin Next time we'll head down your way and you can give us a tour of the sights and sounds :wink:

Cheers, GP

Bostonhibby
14-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Haha...thanks Bostonhibby, good to be on board.

it was a toss up between the two and my Junior Hibee had the final say...he's still young and has much to learn :greengrin Next time we'll head down your way and you can give us a tour of the sights and sounds :wink:

Cheers, GP[emoji23][emoji106]

Am daft but not daft enough to actually live there. Good place for a proper fitba match and beer trip but tend to be on the way out before the sun sets.

GreenProfessor
14-07-2018, 10:03 PM
[emoji23][emoji106]

Am daft but not daft enough to actually live there. Good place for a proper fitba match and beer trip but tend to be on the way out before the sun sets.

Sounds good to me :greengrin

Not been in that neck of the woods before...lived in Birmingham for a year but never made it that far East...

Bostonhibby
14-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Sounds good to me :greengrin

Not been in that neck of the woods before...lived in Birmingham for a year but never made it that far East...Used to be in Birmingham a lot in the 80s. I prefer Boston☺

cheltenhamhibee
14-07-2018, 11:31 PM
welcome on board, there is a Scottish bar called The Haven in Boston, might be worth a call to see if they will be showing it if you're in Boston on Thursday
http://thehavenjp.com/