PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Bus Taxi

Captain Trips
11-06-2018, 09:31 PM
My wife and I are coming through to Edinburgh in a few weeks. We have a room booked in the Malmaison in Leith.

What Bus goes there from Princess St? Or what would a private cab cost roughly from Princess Street say from Balmoral Hotel area.

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2018, 09:37 PM
My wife and I are coming through to Edinburgh in a few weeks. We have a room booked in the Malmaison in Leith.

What Bus goes there from Princess St? Or what would a private cab cost roughly from Princess Street say from Balmoral Hotel area.If you mean Princes Street, a 16 or a 22.

Cabbies won't go that far into Leith. Too dodgy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 09:38 PM
A taxi will be about a tenner from the Waverley.

There are several buses though and the Embrace guys will keep you right.

danhibees1875
11-06-2018, 09:54 PM
I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but just put it into Google maps. It'll tell you exactly which buses you can get and at what times. It will also give you prices for Uber, etc. :aok:

Captain Trips
11-06-2018, 10:23 PM
I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but just put it into Google maps. It'll tell you exactly which buses you can get and at what times. It will also give you prices for Uber, etc. :aok:

It's not sarcastic but I liked on this occasion to hear from people who know.

BroxburnHibee
11-06-2018, 10:30 PM
If you mean Princes Street, a 16 or a 22.

Cabbies won't go that far into Leith. Too dodgy.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I assume that's sarcasm. A black cab will cost around £8 from Balmoral area.

No idea what Uber/PHC will charge.

Killiehibbie
11-06-2018, 10:34 PM

Uber could be anything from a fiver to 40 quid depending on demand.

Mibbes Aye
11-06-2018, 11:31 PM

Got a taxi the other day from Waverley to Victoria Quay and it was a fair bit more than that. I’m from Edinburgh so I know the route, albeit I understand cabbies are more up to speed on road closures and traffic works.

J-C
12-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Due to Leith St being closed it is a wee bit dearer but £10 should get you down, if it's just Prnces St you want Leith St is not a problem. There's a taxi rank on the bridge at the shore and a bus stop 20 yards from the rank, both 2 mins from the hotel.

calumhibee1
12-06-2018, 08:52 AM
Malmaison to Balmoral is between £6 and £9 by Uber if the prices haven’t surged. Will take you 10 mins or so.

rodhibs55
12-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Download the Lothian region bus ap. It will give you all routes and times.

Danderhall Hibs
12-06-2018, 02:48 PM

What Bus goes there from Princess St? Or what would a private cab cost roughly from Princess Street say from Balmoral Hotel area.

If you download the “mytaxi” app there’s an option to estimate a fare. Let me know if you do and I’ll message you a link that gets you £15 off your first fare.

Eaststand
12-06-2018, 03:33 PM
Download the Lothian region bus ap. It will give you all routes and times.

Even better, use the Traveline Scotland journey planner.

Check 'buses' on the filter tool, enter start and end point, approx time of day that you'll be travelling. Its easy to use and a great help for any journey ;-)

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
12-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Even better, use the Traveline Scotland journey planner.

Check 'buses' on the filter tool, enter start and end point, approx time of day that you'll be travelling. Its easy to use and a great help for any journey ;-)

GGTTH

Is this an app?
Edit, just got it, thanks for the heads up

Eaststand
12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Is this an app?
Edit, just got it, thanks for the heads up

Good stuff Billy.
The beauty about using Traveline Scotlands journeyplanner, is that it includes all operators, not just the obvious one's such as Lothian Buses as was mentioned in an earlier post.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
12-06-2018, 08:54 PM
If you download the “mytaxi” app there’s an option to estimate a fare. Let me know if you do and I’ll message you a link that gets you £15 off your first fare.

Cheers DH will get back to you

JeMeSouviens
12-06-2018, 09:15 PM

If it works way out west (Balerno) can you send it to me too please?

Danderhall Hibs
12-06-2018, 09:27 PM
If it works way out west (Balerno) can you send it to me too please?

Send me a pm with your email address and I’ll email you the link. 👍

JeMeSouviens
12-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Send me a pm with your email address and I’ll email you the link. 👍

Done. Cheers!