PDA

View Full Version : I stood on a upside down plug.

Thecat23
11-06-2018, 12:49 AM
As the title says, I知 a tad worse for wear but just stood on my iPhone charger plug.

Is there any other pain like this?

scm70nyd1973
11-06-2018, 12:55 AM
As the title says, I知 a tad worse for wear but just stood on my iPhone charger plug.

Wayne Foster scoring for the Poppy thieves in the last min against us in the SC must be right up there ! The pain has never really gone away either and comes back every now and then. At least with the plug you can hoof it into another dimension and forget about - like wot Beaumont (was it him ?) should have done with WF. By the way I hope his middle name began with a T - Foster that is.

BILLYHIBS
11-06-2018, 04:25 AM

RELEGATION both at home to Dundee United and Hamilton Accies.Only ourselves to blame self inflicted. Avoid self inflicted grief keep the charger in its box in future. Ouch!!

:wink:

HoboHarry
11-06-2018, 04:45 AM

Pah, if that hurt yer a pansy.

Last Friday night I was enjoying a rather convivial evening at my house with friends over for BBQ and alcohol. Generally speaking, a bottle and a half of wine will get me wobbling a bit and an advantage of wine is that it causes less stress on the bladder than twenty twelve pints from a keg of beer.

So it was that after being outside drinking wine and grilling that eventually I had to pee and so wandered in to the by now dark house to avail myself of the facilities. Sadly however Cat A, in his normally relaxed state had no idea about my state of drunkenness and failed to see the danger. I stood on him and the retribution was instant - two paws full of claws and and a mouth full of teeth in my calf had my complete attention. Whoever said you can't feel pain when you are drunk is a lying b*****d.

This was enough to attract the attention of the dog and such was my focus on the pain and bleeding that I didn't see him coming and I fell over that f****r as well. If that wasn't enough the older cat, who hates fighting or playing of any kind wandered in to show everyone who was boss. He filled in the first cat as well as the dog and slashed me with his claws for good measure.

So Cat23, your pain sounds like something I would have preferred to what I suffered and if you could send me the plug that you stood on I will happily shove it up my cats erchie.......

Ronniekirk
11-06-2018, 06:20 AM
That's nothing compared to the pain that will be dished out to you on here if Kamberi and Mallan don't get announced this week [emoji23]
The Pain of a Vasectomy Operation that leaves you with a Deep Vein Infection and Swollen Baws Wouldn't wish that on anyone

The Pain as a Teenager of being Jilted by the first person you fall in love with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenworld
11-06-2018, 06:34 AM
That's nothing compared to the pain that will be dished out to you on here if Kamberi and Mallan don't get announced this week [emoji23]
The Pain of a Vasectomy Operation that leaves you with a Deep Vein Infection and Swollen Baws Wouldn't wish that on anyone

The Pain as a Teenager of being Jilted by the first person you fall in love with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
11-06-2018, 07:09 AM
I work shifts and it's a regular occurrence for me to be going to bed whilst my better half is already asleep. As I have figured out how to get to my side of the bed without putting the light on I have trodden on these plugs several times and it can be quite nippy. If you want to stand on something painful may I suggest a weever fish. The crushing pain of being rejected by your first true love will fade with immediate effect. Swimming shoes - just wear them in the Med.

Smartie
11-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Have you lot spent the weekend watching cartoons?

I just narrowly avoided stepping on a banana skin. Who knows what might have happened?

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 08:17 AM
Pah, if that hurt yer a pansy.

Last Friday night I was enjoying a rather convivial evening at my house with friends over for BBQ and alcohol. Generally speaking, a bottle and a half of wine will get me wobbling a bit and an advantage of wine is that it causes less stress on the bladder than twenty twelve pints from a keg of beer.

So it was that after being outside drinking wine and grilling that eventually I had to pee and so wandered in to the by now dark house to avail myself of the facilities. Sadly however Cat A, in his normally relaxed state had no idea about my state of drunkenness and failed to see the danger. I stood on him and the retribution was instant - two paws full of claws and and a mouth full of teeth in my calf had my complete attention. Whoever said you can't feel pain when you are drunk is a lying b*****d.

This was enough to attract the attention of the dog and such was my focus on the pain and bleeding that I didn't see him coming and I fell over that f****r as well. If that wasn't enough the older cat, who hates fighting or playing of any kind wandered in to show everyone who was boss. He filled in the first cat as well as the dog and slashed me with his claws for good measure.

So Cat23, your pain sounds like something I would have preferred to what I suffered and if you could send me the plug that you stood on I will happily shove it up my cats erchie.......

:faf: :faf: :faf:

That sounds like something out of a Tom Sharpe novel. :hilarious

snooky
11-06-2018, 09:16 AM
There's always the old argument of which is the more painful. Childbirth or a kick in the goolies? As has been pointed out, the latter wins as nobody has ever said after receiving a kick in the danglers they would freely choose to go through the experience again.

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2018, 09:37 AM

I just narrowly avoided stepping on a banana skin. Who knows what might have happened?

A piano would have dropped on your head.

Jay
11-06-2018, 09:37 AM
There's always the old argument of which is the more painful. Childbirth or a kick in the goolies? As has been pointed out, the latter wins as nobody has ever said after receiving a kick in the danglers they would freely choose to go through the experience again.

A woman goes through childbirth a second time despite the pain because of the outcome though. Not even comparable.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 09:47 AM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/rcqLoCkhmikZW/giphy.gif

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 09:48 AM
A woman goes through childbirth a second time despite the pain because of the outcome though. Not even comparable.

:tee hee:

I'm not convinced he was being entirely serious. :greengrin

Jay
11-06-2018, 09:50 AM
:tee hee:

I'm not convinced he was being entirely serious. :greengrin

I didnt think he was.

snooky
11-06-2018, 09:51 AM

I know. :greengrin I was just :fishin: ... and caught one. :whistle:. :devil:

Jay
11-06-2018, 09:53 AM
I know. :greengrin I was just :fishin: ... and caught one. :whistle:. :devil:

:aok:

Hibrandenburg
11-06-2018, 09:59 AM

I've been sent videos that would debunk that theory. :duck:

snooky
11-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I've been sent videos that would debunk that theory. :duck:

I'll pass. :offski:

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 10:53 AM
I'll pass out. :offski:

Ftfy

snooky
11-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Ftfy

:greengrin :agree: :sick: :faint:

(... and, FWIW, I was present at the births of both my kids).

Wilson
11-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Like every good Mother should be...

Jay
11-06-2018, 11:55 AM

I was off my face on drugs, present is a very loose term :greengrin

snooky
11-06-2018, 01:16 PM
I was off my face on drugs, present is a very loose term :greengrin

"You were lucky" - 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.

Jay
11-06-2018, 02:26 PM
"You were lucky" - 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.

I have no clue what your on about

snooky
11-06-2018, 02:32 PM
I have no clue what your on about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE
While you women are spaced out on drugs, us men had to face the whole birth scene in the real world. :wink:

Jay
11-06-2018, 03:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7wM0QC5LE
While you women are spaced out on drugs, us men had to face the whole birth scene in the real world. :wink:

I have nothing but sympathy for you.

HoboHarry
11-06-2018, 03:24 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

That sounds like something out of a Tom Sharpe novel. :hilarious
Wish I could write like he used to do...... :agree:

snooky
11-06-2018, 03:38 PM
I have nothing but sympathy for you. (No smiley???)
I appreciate your concern :wink: :greengrin

Craig_HFC
11-06-2018, 03:38 PM

Which adds further weight to the original arguement... there is no upside to a kick in the Haw Maws.

:greengrin

Hibby70
11-06-2018, 03:47 PM
I stood on a plug once. It wasn't sore, I just got a bit of a shock.

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Wish I could write like he used to do...... :agree:

That was a decent effort :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 04:00 PM

That's an oldie, but a goodie.

Is there anything a bit more current doing the circuit?

matty_f
11-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Did it bring you back down to earth?

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2018, 04:15 PM

You'll get the chair. :rolleyes:

Jay
11-06-2018, 04:18 PM
I appreciate your concern :wink: :greengrin

I apologise for my lack of smilies today. Im on my phone and its extra effort I often cant be bothered with :na na:

(Bothered there)

matty_f

You definitely want to check that for upside down plugs before you sit down!

Hibbyradge

I'll just have to socket up.

CropleyWasGod
11-06-2018, 04:20 PM
You definitely want to check that for upside down plugs before you sit down!

That might be a wee buzz for those who are AC/DC.

snooky
11-06-2018, 04:54 PM

You're pulling my wire, aren't you? :cool2:

Hibbyradge
11-06-2018, 05:02 PM
You're pulling my wire, aren't you? :cool2:

He's just being a bit flash.

heretoday
13-06-2018, 02:43 AM
When you stub your toe there's a split second when you know that sharp pain is coming. Then it comes.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2018, 10:05 AM
When you stub your toe there's a split second when you know that sharp pain is coming. Then it comes.

Indeed. I once broke my toe when I stubbed it in a rush to get to the big.

My wife was asleep so I had to do one of those silent screams. :hilarious

Northernhibee
13-06-2018, 10:17 AM
Mods, can we fuse this with the other insufferable pun threads? I'll be accused of battery otherwise.

:hyper

Hibbyradge
13-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Mods, can we fuse this with the other insufferable pun threads? I'll be accused of battery otherwise.

:hyper

I doubt that request will generate any action.

Smartie
13-06-2018, 11:25 AM
In the current highly charged atmosphere of Hibs.net, it doesn't take much to spark a flow of puns.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-06-2018, 11:29 AM
A couple of new signings would completely transform the negative energy on here.

Hibbyradge
13-06-2018, 11:54 AM
A couple of new signings would completely transform the negative energy on here.

Yes, Hibs business in the transfer market seems to be static.

snooky
13-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Like getting Berti Volts as Director of Football?

Hibbyradge
13-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Like getting Berti Volts as Director of Football?

I think you're going to see a lot of resistance to that pun.

Northernhibee
13-06-2018, 01:47 PM
My dog urinated on the same plug whilst I'd given up changing the fuse for Christmas choir rehearsal.

Pees on earth.

snooky
13-06-2018, 04:11 PM
My dog urinated on the same plug whilst I'd given up changing the fuse for Christmas choir rehearsal.

Pees on earth.

Hot dogs for Christmas dinner?

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2018, 05:43 PM

Pees on earth.I'll say a few ohms for you at my yoga class tonight

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

snooky
14-06-2018, 12:27 AM
I'll say a few ohms for you at my yoga class tonight

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Will there be a charge for that? :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-06-2018, 05:29 AM
Will there be a charge for that? :dunno:

Watt do you think? Amp not so sure.

LustForLeith
14-06-2018, 06:03 AM

Can also vouch for the pain after a snip. Still shrivel at the thought

Ronniekirk
14-06-2018, 06:32 AM
Can also vouch for the pain after a snip. Still shrivel at the thought

But I had to miss the Anderlecht away game because of it

LustForLeith
15-06-2018, 06:43 AM
But I had to miss the Anderlecht away game because of it

Ouch!