PDA

View Full Version : Simon Murray

Fergus52
30-05-2018, 12:45 PM
A lot of posters have said they'd be happy to see him go in the summer, but I think we'd be as well keeping him on as 4th choice.

Has a decent scoring rate and shouldn't be on too high a wage so don't see any harm in keeping him as back-up to Kamberi, Shaw and a new striker - assuming we will keep playing 2 up top next season.

This article looking at how the percentage of shots on target that result in a goal correlate to goals scored for every SPL striker reckons that he's set to have an increase his scoring rate next season: https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/5/26/expected-shooting-percentage-part-1

The article is quite a good read for anyone interested in such things, it also predicts that lafferty will score less goals next season and that Kamberi might have a slight drop off in his scoring rate as well.

DH1875
30-05-2018, 12:59 PM
I like him and actually think him and Flo up top together would be a pretty good partnership.

KWJ
30-05-2018, 01:05 PM
If he's happy to play 4th fiddle and try to fight up the pecking order then I'll be happy to have him. If he's going to spit the dummy then not so much. I don't think he's that type though but he may be happier at a Dundee.

Would like a bit of money back for him or at least a guaranteed sell on fee should he find some consistency in his goal scoring.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-05-2018, 01:09 PM
4th choice at best

We were too light on striking options at the end of the season - we were lucky that Kamberi and McLaren stayed fit

But I think Lennon has better options in mind

Still, Murray is a goal scoring derby winner so he goes with my best wishes, you could never fault his effort

HoboHarry
30-05-2018, 01:19 PM
If he's happy to play 4th fiddle and try to fight up the pecking order then I'll be happy to have him. If he's going to spit the dummy then not so much. I don't think he's that type though but he may be happier at a Dundee.

Would like a bit of money back for him or at least a guaranteed sell on fee should he find some consistency in his goal scoring.
Really don't see how not wanting to be 4th choice striker is spitting the dummy? If he can't get 1st team football then why would he not go somewhere else at this stage of his career?

Thecat23
30-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Murray wants first team football and if Lennon has already told him that he won’t be getting this so I expect him to be gone come the end of the window. I think he’d also be a good squad player to have but can blame him for wanting to play every week.

hibee316
30-05-2018, 03:39 PM
A lot of posters have said they'd be happy to see him go in the summer, but I think we'd be as well keeping him on as 4th choice.

Has a decent scoring rate and shouldn't be on too high a wage so don't see any harm in keeping him as back-up to Kamberi, Shaw and a new striker - assuming we will keep playing 2 up top next season.

This article looking at how the percentage of shots on target that result in a goal correlate to goals scored for every SPL striker reckons that he's set to have an increase his scoring rate next season: https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2018/5/26/expected-shooting-percentage-part-1

The article is quite a good read for anyone interested in such things, it also predicts that lafferty will score less goals next season and that Kamberi might have a slight drop off in his scoring rate as well.

As far as I can see, he is saying because all the players with the highest shot on target to goal ratio did worse in season 16/17 than the year before, then surely all those who did well this season will struggle next year.

I don't even think he gives a reason why there is a drop?
By giving only 2 years statistics we could quite easily be looking at an anomaly...

Borderhibbie76
30-05-2018, 03:43 PM
I know things are quiet at the moment but feels like this thread has been done to death several times already on here??

He's not good enough to start for a top 4 club...no way.

Fine as back up but 4th choice maybe at best which I can't see him being happy with.

He will be gone when the window closes at end of Aug imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brooster
30-05-2018, 03:44 PM
I know things are quiet at the moment but feels like this thread has been done to death several times already on here??

He's not good enough to start for a top 4 club...no way.

Fine as back up but 4th choice maybe at best which I can't see him being happy with.

He will be gone when the window closes at end of Aug imo

A top 4 club are defo interested in him!!

Borderhibbie76
30-05-2018, 03:48 PM
A top 4 club are defo interested in him!!In the Championship?? I presume you aren't talking about Aberdeen here??

Michael
30-05-2018, 04:00 PM
A top 4 club are defo interested in him!!

Sick of Celtic poaching our players.