PDA

View Full Version : Is kicking the ball away still a yellow card offense.

nellio
13-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Genuine question.

Saw rangers kick the ball away 2 or 3 times today but no bookings? I thought it was a yellow card offense.

Whilst one of the Huns was being booked Bruno Alves punted the ball into the stand and the ref just told him to get back and defend.

SlickShoes
13-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Genuine question.

Saw rangers kick the ball away 2 or 3 times today but no Brookings? I thought it was a yellow card off sense.

Whilst one of the Huns was being booked Bruno Alves punted the ball into the stand and the ref just told him to get back and defend.

In the first half Alves committed a foul, kicked the ball away, then ran directly into Whittaker. He didnt get booked. the ref was abysmal for both teams today.

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Not if you play for Rangers.To be fair to the ref he was quick to red card Holt for committing another foul after the yellow.Something that has been lacking in many matches this season.

snooky
13-05-2018, 03:40 PM
I've never liked Dallas (or his dad) as refs however, I thought all in all he did okay today.

nellio
13-05-2018, 03:50 PM
It's the little inconsistencies that do my head in. Ref constantly telling us to take the free kick in the correct spot but let rangers take it wherever they wanted.

LustForLeith
13-05-2018, 05:43 PM
I was wondering that. If you kick the ball away you don’t get booked but if you take your top off and run to the crowd you do? I know that didn’t happen today but seen players get booked for that more than for kicking the ball away.

calumhibee1
13-05-2018, 05:50 PM
This has annoyed me all season. Happens about 5 or 6 times a day and it is very frustrating.

itslegaltender
13-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Straight after Alves ran into Whittaker, at the corner straight after, he clearly punched Whittaker in the stomach. Dirty *******.

jax67
13-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I hate Dallas as much as I hate the rangers!!
Dirty cheating little hun sympathiser.

Johnny_Leith
13-05-2018, 06:44 PM
I hate Dallas as much as I hate the rangers!!
Dirty cheating little hun sympathiser.

Why didn't he send Scott Allan off then? Why did he give Hibs a pen? Nonsense.

SquashedFrogg
13-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Because they were the correct decisions?

Johnny_Leith
13-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Because they were the correct decisions?

Well the pen was a stonewaller, think we got away with one for Allan's challenge. If that was a hibs player on the receiving end I'd want a red.

Regardless, the ref definitely isn't a hun sympathiser, which was my point.

JimBHibees
13-05-2018, 06:50 PM

Also clear pen by Hanlon with handball near the end.

matty_f
13-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Also clear pen by Hanlon with handball near the end.

The ref played advantage at the handball I think.

Allan's could have been a red but I think you can justify a yellow for it, especially if it go back and watch some of the tackles that have gone in on John McGinn throughout the season.

Why was the boy that gave away the penalty not sent off? Surely it was a goal scoring opportunity and he made no attempt to get the ball, so the double-penalty rule doesn't come into it. He wasn't even booked!

JimBHibees
13-05-2018, 06:57 PM

Allan's could have been a red but I think you can justify a yellow for it, especially if it go back and watch some of the tackles that have gone in on John McGinn throughout the season.

Why was the boy that gave away the penalty not sent off? Surely it was a goal scoring opportunity and he made no attempt to get the ball, so the double-penalty rule doesn't come into it. He wasn't even booked!

Not much of an advantage. Clear pen. :greengrin Allan got off with the tackle as feet ere on the ground I think. Bizarre Bates wasn't at least yellow carded.

Speedy
13-05-2018, 07:16 PM

I thought red for the pen incident at the game but watching again it was only a yellow.

We could've had at least 2 penalties 2nd half for fouls on Kamberi though

SuperAllyMcleod
13-05-2018, 07:48 PM
I've never liked Dallas (or his dad) as refs however, I thought all in all he did okay today.

He completely ignored the constant attempts to time waste from the goalie and Halliday in particular. The sooner the game introduces a ‘stop’ clock the better.