PDA

View Full Version : Kano

Frazerbob
10-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Missed his Petrie rants this last couple of seasons. Never missing an opportunity to have a go at the board though, he’s turned up on Sportsound.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Missed his Petrie rantings this last couple of seasons. Never missing an opportunity to have a go at the board though, he’s turned up on Sportsound.

FFS. Is he still relevant? Was he ever relevant?

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Missed his Petrie rantings this last couple of seasons. Never missing an opportunity to have a go at the board though, he’s turned up on Sportsound.We can thank Lennon for all this...his ramblings last night have sparked all this again... thanks Neil next time keep it a bit more private please rather than having our clubs dirty washing displayed in public

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
10-05-2018, 05:55 PM
One bad game, an outstanding season and the usuals trot out. Telling Farmer to stop taking money for a few years. Unbelievable stuff.

Stuart93
10-05-2018, 05:59 PM
**** Kane and his strange agenda against the hibs board, I would've accepted it a few years back but not now

tamig
10-05-2018, 06:00 PM
He’s a slaver.

Jones28
10-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Somebody please put him back in his box.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Kanos alright.

The whole reaction to last night is getting a bit silly though.

pacoluna
10-05-2018, 06:16 PM
We can thank Lennon for all this...his ramblings last night have sparked all this again... thanks Neil next time keep it a bit more private please rather than having our clubs dirty washing displayed in public

Only one thing I'll be thanking Lennon for... Providing us with with best football/season I've ever had as a Hibs supporter.

KeithTheHibby
10-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Kanos alright.

The whole reaction to last night is getting a bit silly though.

To be fair until Lennon clarifies what he meant with his rants last night it’s anything but silly.

Scottie
10-05-2018, 06:21 PM
To be fair until Lennon clarifies what he meant with his rants last night it’s anything but silly.
:agree:

HibsNutter
11-05-2018, 01:10 AM
Serious question, who?

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2018, 01:11 AM
Serious question, who?

don't be silly

JimBHibees
11-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Only one thing I'll be thanking Lennon for... Providing us with with best football/season I've ever had as a Hibs supporter.

Couldn't agree more.

BoomtownHibees
11-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Serious question, who?

Harry

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Here we go. I’m sure there’ll be the usual vocal minority back telling us how Farmer and Petrie are rinsing the club and how we need to oust them. Can’t wait :rolleyes:

Iain G
11-05-2018, 07:53 AM
Here we go. I’m sure there’ll be the usual vocal minority back telling us how Farmer and Petrie are rinsing the club and how we need to oust them. Can’t wait :rolleyes:

Does Paul Kane sit around waiting for something negative to happen so he can jump back on this tired old bandwagon? He should focus his energy on being positive and supporting the club as you never hear a word from him when things are going well.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Does Paul Kane sit around waiting for something negative to happen so he can jump back on this tired old bandwagon? He should focus his energy on being positive and supporting the club as you never hear a word from him when things are going well.

He was invited onto Sportsound for his reactions to Neil’s outburst

WeeRussell
11-05-2018, 07:58 AM

I doubt you’re much younger than me going by your username - I’d argue the seasons finishing third under both Mowbray and McLeish were better ‘seasons’ and at least one was better football, probably both. And obviously 15/16 season is automatically our best season ever :)

I do take your point though. It’s been brilliant.

heretoday
11-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Serious question, who?

Hibs legend. Now man of property.

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
One bad game, an outstanding season and the usuals trot out. Telling Farmer to stop taking money for a few years. Unbelievable stuff.

I don’t understand how a fairly successful business man and an ex player don’t seem to understand that teams have budgets and need to live within their means.

Frazerbob
11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
He was invited onto Sportsound for his reactions to Neil’s outburst

He could always decline the invitation.

Iain G
11-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Not going to decline a chance to pedal his odd agenda is he or get his mug on the wireless...

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Not going to decline a chance to pedal his odd agenda is he or get his mug on the wireless...

Didn’t hear all of it, but the bit I did, didn’t sound too unreasonable

Col2
11-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Not a fan but listened to podcast and he was fine and made decent points.

We could do with some additional investment if we are struggling to take that next step.

I don’t think a rangers will be materially better - they are in hijab high risk territory and I don’t think Aberdeen will be better. Hearts are buying from the market the rest of u me are and Lafferty lols like he will be lined up to get cash in.

Dylan has gone but keeping McGinn and Allan and the strikers will mean we are in great shape despite the doom and gloom.

O'Rourke3
11-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Havent listened to the pod cast but the BBC are using his quote that "If someone on the board deferred their 500000 payments" that could be invested back into the squad. Assuming he means Rod. didnt think he took anywhere near that if anything.

It's possible the 500000 debt repayment to Sir Tom is the amount which for me was a very reasonable way to sort out our long term debt. Changing or deferring that is the Hearts way. Say one thing then change the rules.

Did he take the opportunity to talk up HSL or was Kano is the Ponzi scheme brigade? For a property dealer/celebrity Hibs fan/ex player he'd be put in the great light if h was an investor. His pubs are all busy when we are at home so he's happy to take the money off the punters.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2018, 09:49 AM
I'm looking forward to the managers press conference today. Hopefully he gives some clarity to his comments either by reaffirming the board aren't backing him or by offering further explanation for his comments. As it stands there is a lot of guesswork going on based on a few sentences said in the heat of the moment; what has been lost in the furore post Wednesday is the very positive things NL said later in his interview. I admit I missed them as well until they were pointed out to me elsewhere.

I'm no apologist for Rod Petrie et al and I tore strips off them for the mess they allowed us to get into. However we have continued to operate on a premiership budget for 3 years in the Championship, won a Scottish cup, won the Championship and returned to the top league with a 4th place finish with nothing really between us, Rangers and Aberdeen. We have lost once in I don't even know how many weeks and suddenly it seems like we are back into full blown crisis mode.

I think every manager in the world believes they need and deserve more money to spend and I hope Hibs do show a bit ambition in our dealings this summer but it's Scottish football and money is a finite resource so it has to be sustainable. A few deep breaths won't go amiss in the next few days imo.

ancient hibee
11-05-2018, 10:07 AM
We can thank Lennon for all this...his ramblings last night have sparked all this again... thanks Neil next time keep it a bit more private please rather than having our clubs dirty washing displayed in public

Are you blaming Lennon for it being a bit cold today or perhaps the failure to unjam Brexit :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
11-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Are you blaming Lennon for it being a bit cold today or perhaps the failure to unjam Brexit :greengrinNo I'm not and I sincerely hope he remains as our manager but without his outburst on weds we wouldn't have all this mundane board bashing from Kano and the likes re-surfacing

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Never says a word when we're winning. Attention seeking moron who puts the knife in when we're needing support

oneone73
11-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Never says a word when we're winning. Attention seeking moron who puts the knife in when we're needing support

Hardly a moron. Have a word.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Havent listened to the pod cast but the BBC are using his quote that "If someone on the board deferred their 500000 payments" that could be invested back into the squad. Assuming he means Rod. didnt think he took anywhere near that if anything.

It's possible the 500000 debt repayment to Sir Tom is the amount which for me was a very reasonable way to sort out our long term debt. Changing or deferring that is the Hearts way. Say one thing then change the rules.

Did he take the opportunity to talk up HSL or was Kano is the Ponzi scheme brigade? For a property dealer/celebrity Hibs fan/ex player he'd be put in the great light if h was an investor. His pubs are all busy when we are at home so he's happy to take the money off the punters.

He means Farmer. Think we pay him £41,000 per month as part of his loan repayments. Almost £500,000 per year until 2022/25, can’t remember exact date. Fans have speculated where that money actually ends up going too. He’s entitled to take it, but think he’s worth £130m or so

O'Rourke3
11-05-2018, 10:58 AM
He means Farmer. Think we pay him £41,000 per month as part of his loan repayments. Almost £500,000 per year until 2022/25, can’t remember exact date. Fans have speculated where that money actually ends up going too. He’s entitled to take it, but think he’s worth £130m or so

Cheers Billy - as I thought the debt repayment. Problem is he said Board Member and Sir Tom ain't. It's Fake News Itelzya....

Iain G
11-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Cheers Billy - as I thought the debt repayment. Problem is he said Board Member and Sir Tom ain't. It's Fake News Itelzya....

Well Sir Tom and Rod are sucking the club dry don't you know :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2018, 11:40 AM
Not a fan but listened to podcast and he was fine and made decent points.

We could do with some additional investment if we are struggling to take that next step.

I don’t think a rangers will be materially better - they are in hijab high risk territory and I don’t think Aberdeen will be better. Hearts are buying from the market the rest of u me are and Lafferty lols like he will be lined up to get cash in.

Dylan has gone but keeping McGinn and Allan and the strikers will mean we are in great shape despite the doom and gloom.

Not sure i understand that, we are just out the championship and way ahead of the next step we should have been at.

We cant have this boom and bust football anymore, it needs to be small steps, steady growth.

And growth could actually mean 4th again next season, we need to consolidate instead of having one good season then years of pish.

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Legend!

GoalsMcGinley
11-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Diznae stop him taking his free tickets though [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
11-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Give Kane the job when Lennon goes.

He’s got all the answers you know.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Give Kane the job when Lennon goes.

He’s got all the answers you know.

[emoji106]

It'll be nice to know that when man in pub gives us all the inside knowledge of what's happening at our club it will at least be an actual man in pub for a change.

About as credible as well

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
11-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Actually PO Lennon.

I'm Spartacus
11-05-2018, 03:00 PM

If Paul Kane's views were typed on this forum, that poster would be branded a Yam. I don't get his agenda (other than anti-Petrie)

Centre Hawf
11-05-2018, 03:05 PM

I know he spent a fair spell here and played a decent amount of games. But is he really?

MWHIBBIES
11-05-2018, 03:09 PM
If Paul Kane's views were typed on this forum, that poster would be branded a Yam. I don't get his agenda (other than anti-Petrie)

Yep, he is a petty sad little man who has an agenda against Petrie who has done far more for Hibs than Paul Kane

green day
11-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Not sure i understand that, we are just out the championship and way ahead of the next step we should have been at.

We cant have this boom and bust football anymore, it needs to be small steps, steady growth.

And growth could actually mean 4th again next season, we need to consolidate instead of having one good season then years of pish.

Och you and your silly "keep the club solvent" stuff :greengrin

Frazerbob
11-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Kano was my first real Hibs hero when I was a boy. He also lived near us so we’d see him knocking about quite a lot. He even used to sort tickets for us. Got to know him over the years and he’s a good guy and definitely ‘one of our own’. I just wish he’d keep some of his anti Petrie stuff out the press. It really doesn’t help matters at a time like this.

green day
11-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Kano was my first real Hibs hero when I was a boy. He also lived near us so we’d see him knocking about quite a lot. He even used to sort tickets for us. Got to know him over the years and he’s a good guy and definitely ‘one of our own’. I just wish he’d keep some of his anti Petrie stuff out the press. It really doesn’t help matters at a time like this.

I have no problems with his opinions - hes entitled - but, as someone said upthread, he is silent all year when we have a good season, then the merest hint of an issue and hes on Sportsound.

Also, some of the others were all over twitter with more anti Farmer guff.

I see these people at Hibs matches, but sometimes wonder if they are all the full shilling.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2018, 03:29 PM
I have no problems with his opinions - hes entitled - but, as someone said upthread, he is silent all year when we have a good season, then the merest hint of an issue and hes on Sportsound.

I see these people at Hibs matches, but sometimes wonder if they are all the full shilling.When the meejah are looking to give Hibs a bit of a kicking they've got a go to list of people they hope will oblige.

heretoday
11-05-2018, 04:24 PM
I know he spent a fair spell here and played a decent amount of games. But is he really?

I'd say so. He scored a couple of crackers against Hearts, most notably in the famous Tynie New Year 2-1 win when his celebration in front of the Jam Tarts led to a ticking off from the police. Later in the game, his overhead pass to Archibald led to the winner.

I think I'm right in saying he was one of the Tennents Sixes winners too. You can laugh but that was a big deal for trophyless Hibees at the time!

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-05-2018, 04:35 PM
I'd say so. He scored a couple of crackers against Hearts, most notably in the famous Tynie New Year 2-1 win when his celebration in front of the Jam Tarts led to a ticking off from the police. Later in the game, his overhead pass to Archibald led to the winner.

I think I'm right in saying he was one of the Tennents Sixes winners too. You can laugh but that was a big deal for trophyless Hibees at the time!

Big deal for Craig Levein as well as he’s been trophyless ever since

lochhibs
11-05-2018, 09:18 PM
he might have learnt a thing or 2 from rod during his time at hibs. he certainly knows about penny pinching. he's tighter than 2 coats of paint.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2018, 09:35 PM

I see these people at Hibs matches, but sometimes wonder if they are all the full shilling.

I think that is more sports sound issue than Kano I am sure he can't pop in and out exactly when he wants :confused:

heretoday
12-05-2018, 06:30 AM
[QUOTE=lochhibs;5401366]he might have learnt a thing or 2 from rod during his time at hibs. he certainly knows about penny pinching. he's tighter than 2 coats of paint.[/QUOTE

He was a grafter as a player. And off the field.

calumhibee1
12-05-2018, 06:56 AM
Why should Farmer give up what he’s due? By all accounts he’s already struck a deal with the bank that’s lead to us shedding a lot of debt, that’s why we’re paying him back now. It’s a bit like saying Kano should stop taking money for pints so that people have more money to put into Hibs. Could Farmer afford to take the hit? I’m sure he could. Would I want him to? Of course. Should he? Probably not.

One Day
12-05-2018, 07:39 AM

Few people attain the status legend and Paul Kane isn't one of them

heretoday
12-05-2018, 08:35 AM
Few people attain the status legend and Paul Kane isn't one of them

It all depends on your own parameters of what constitutes a legend.
I've read on here that Ally Brazil was a legend!

I'm with you mostly but for his feats that day at Tynecastle I have a special place in my heart for Kano.

matty_f
12-05-2018, 08:35 AM
My thoughts are that Paul Kane was one of my favourite players when I was growing up, he clearly feels deeply for the club and wants us to do well.

I don't see anything wrong with suggesting that STF could forgo debt repayments, I mean, from the outside looking in he's definitely got the personal wealth to be in a position where not getting £5m back over a period of years would make a significant difference to him.

Suggesting that he should do it is a bit different. From day one he's said we should be self sufficient and he's asking for some (not all) of his money back that was loaned to us in good faith.

Hibs is a business, not a charity, and not a single one of us are obliged to donate money. I pay into HSL because I believe that the support should have a significant stake in the club and because I want Lennon to have the best possible chance of challenging in the Premiership.
. That's my choice and I do that under no pressure or obligation from anyone at Hibs or elsewhere.

I buy my season tickets because I want to support that team, again nobody has a gun to my head to do it, I chose to support that way.

It's absolutely right to question and challenge the people that own and run the club because if we don't then there's nobody else to hold them accountable.

I think it's just important to remember that people are allowed their opinions and either side of the debate completely dismissing the other makes the debate poorer and a solution less likely

greenginger
12-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Paul Kane back in fantasy land again, :rolleyes:

The Football Club's parent company H.F.C. Holdings Ltd ( Rod owns 10% of the shares and is co-director with STF )

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC132607/filing-history

Latest accounts show the company's total expenditure for year is £ 57,839 making a loss of £ 33K.

Note 3 says the company had no employees and there was no director remuneration and there was no dividends paid.

In addition to the debt due to STF , the parent company owed £ 2.2 million to Maidencraig Investments and £ 0.6 million to Halecrest Ltd, both STF companies, ( the previous year Halecrest were owed £ 1.1 million so I guess that's where the loan repayments are being channeled )

Petrie is a director of over 30 STF companies and I'm sure he is well rewarded from the businesses run by them rather than dipping into the football club money.

matty_f
12-05-2018, 09:11 AM

The Football Club's parent company H.F.C. Holdings Ltd ( Rod owns 10% of the shares and is co-director with STF )

Latest accounts show the company's total expenditure for year is £ 57,839 making a loss of £ 33K.

Note 3 says the company had no employees and there was no director remuneration and there was no dividends paid.

In addition to the debt due to STF , the parent company owed £ 2.2 million to Maidencraig Investments and £ 0.6 million to Halecrest Ltd, both STF companies, ( the previous year Halecrest were owed £ 1.1 million so I guess that's where the loan repayments are being channeled )

Petrie is a director of over 30 STF companies and I'm sure he is well rewarded from the businesses run by them rather than dipping into the football club money.

I'm far from an expert in these things, but would the accounts of the holding company not tell us how much was paid to the bank to settle the debt?

Bostonhibby
12-05-2018, 09:28 AM

Petrie is a director of over 30 STF companies and I'm sure he is well rewarded from the businesses run by them rather than dipping into the football club money.You and your officially certified facts again, spoiling a bloody good tale at a time when there are folk looking to spin a different myth.

bigwheel
12-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Kano was an average player, at a time where our overall level was generally quite poor. He worked hard at his skills though, so fair play to him in maximising his skills and having a decent career.

He is definitely a good Hibee..His views on there other hand are largely uninteresting and usually populist slavering....

Crazyhorse
12-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Kano was an average player, at a time where our overall level was generally quite poor. He worked hard at his skills though, so fair play to him in maximising his skills and having a decent career.

He is definitely a good Hibee..His views on there other hand are largely uninteresting and usually populist slavering....

Spot on I would say.
Although he did actually buy me a drink once so to be fair to him he is not as tight as some people make out.

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm far from an expert in these things, but would the accounts of the holding company not tell us how much was paid to the bank to settle the debt?I tried at the time to get the facts. It was virtually impossible from the information in the public domain.

Part of the reason was that we are talking about at least 2 companies, 3 or more loans, a share issue, and a bank that wanted everything as confidential as possible.

I made lots of assumptions, which may or may not have been reasonable. From memory, I concluded that the bank wrote off between 2m and 4m of a 10m debt.

Not going to swear to it though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2018, 12:24 PM

F knows why because it isn't exactly difficult. STF loaned the money to Hibs to square the bank deal, in the process saving the club a fortune, the money goes back into his pocket and rightly so.

It would be nice to see Hibs attract some outside investment, but as has been said many times ( mostly by me :greengrin ) our plan to pass 51% of control to the fans makes the chances of attracting the ultra rich with more money than sense virtually nil ... rich folk want the tag 'owner' as the bare minimum for pouring their cash into football's money pit and that's something you wont get at a fan controlled club.

Anybody moaning about the player budget had better start facing up to the reality of what 'fan owned' really means. From now on the way at Hibs will be to spend what we earn from gate money, transfer fees, TV money, prize money and sponsorship and it cant ( and wont ) all go on players wages or transfer fees to bring folk in, the cost of just running the club runs into millions and that's before you start paying the players.

That's why HSL in the years to come will go from being a nice wee boost to club funds to being vitally important ... its going to become imperative that they gather as many contributors as possible and more importantly, that those contributors continue to pay into HSL after the share buying phase has ended. I myself am not a member, but I do intend to join soon and when I do I wont even bother about the share side of things, its all going to be about keeping Hibs competitive.

Forget managerial meltdowns or who will or wont be sold or leave in the summer. By far the biggest issue facing this club is what's going to happen when it does become fan controlled and how we intend to finance it to a standard that will keep us in the hunt for trophies and European football .... in spite of asking these questions for over two years now I have yet to see any plans or projections from anywhere, be that the current Hibs board or HSL, as to how we intend to move forward when the time comes.

As far as I'm concerned we seem to be stumbling blindly into the unknown with nobody taking any notice of addressing the problems that fan ownership will inevitably throw up ... especially in the areas of decision making structures and how to attract investment to a fan controlled club. This is not Germany where big business and rich individuals are still happy to chuck in money without control, we do not have a fan base running into hundreds of thousands like Bundesliga clubs that we can use as a crutch when the going gets tough either. Hibs know all of this, HSL knows this .... but the sound of silence from both parties regarding the future is deafening.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ..... its time a few folk in and around Hibs got a grip on this before its too late.

SideBurns
12-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Whatever your thoughts on Kano these days, I liked him as a player. He scored winners (and other goals in games we won) v Hearts, Huns, Celtic. Not blessed with great pace but an intelligent footballer, who was great in the air for his height, and had a decent career after he left us.

GreenT
12-05-2018, 02:04 PM

I think what everyone forgets is that STF lent us this money to clear Bank debt and the repayments are INTEREST FREE. Unlike the Budgie across the city.

Wonder if Kano as put any funds into Hibs and if he offered us a loan how much he would expect in interest

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2018, 06:01 PM
I've just challenged Simon Pia on Twitter who has been spouting his nonsense the last 2 days too!! Firstly asked him where he has been for the last 2 seasons and why he only comes out with his nonsense after a negative result/week for club...

Bishop Hibee
12-05-2018, 06:13 PM
I saw Pia’s Tweets. Numpty with no idea of the facts. It’s up to STF whether he takes the £500K each year. There is no money being siphoned from the club. The money is legitimate debt repayment.

As for Kano, a good player who made the most of his ability. Staunch Hibee but I wouldn’t call him a Hibs great, let alone a legend.

green day
12-05-2018, 06:24 PM
I've just challenged Simon Pia on Twitter who has been spouting his nonsense the last 2 days too!! Firstly asked him where he has been for the last 2 seasons and why he only comes out with his nonsense after a negative result/week for club...

Arguing with Pia is pointless, he knows everything.......

He's really a total fanny.

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2018, 06:25 PM

He's really a total fanny.Totally mate I probably shouldn't have bitten but he angers me with his nonsense

SON OF PADDY
12-05-2018, 07:46 PM
I saw Pia’s Tweets. Numpty with no idea of the facts. It’s up to STF whether he takes the £500K each year. There is no money being siphoned from the club. The money is legitimate debt repayment.

As for Kano, a good player who made the most of his ability. Staunch Hibee but I wouldn’t call him a Hibs great, let alone a legend.

It rio's

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Totally mate I probably shouldn't have bitten but he angers me with his nonsense

Any response yet?

12-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Kanes seems to have a personal vendetta against Petrie. I think he's arrogant and wants himself to be the saviour of hibs.

Folk like Kane and Pia seem to revel in bad times at hibs because they can push their agenda. Egomaniacs.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Kanes seems to have a personal vendetta against Petrie. I think he's arrogant and wants himself to be the saviour of hibs.

Folk like Kane and Pia seem to revel in bad times at hibs because they can push their agenda. Egomaniacs.

Exactly, but bad times are very rare these days, and they are spouting their ***** when we are 4th in the league, how sad and low will they reach? :rolleyes:

MSK
12-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Who is Simon Pia ? the only time Ive heard or seen his name is when it has cropped up on here & it always appears to be negative.

heretoday
12-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Who is Simon Pia ? the only time Ive heard or seen his name is when it has cropped up on here & it always appears to be negative.

He's a journalist and political pundit who supports Hibs. He was a bit of a bag-carrier for the Labour Party back in the day.

He shared a flat with Gordon Brown when they were young.

MSK
12-05-2018, 09:23 PM
He's a journalist and political pundit who supports Hibs. He was a bit of a bag-carrier for the Labour Party back in the day.

He shared a flat with Gordon Brown when they were young.Ah I see, cheers mate 👍

barcahibs
12-05-2018, 09:57 PM
I've got respect for Paul Kane as a former player, but if he's a "legend" then we need a new set of words for the actual Hibs legends.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the board but it needs to stay within the realms of realism. You can't tell someone else - someone who's already saved the club once - how they should spend their money. I wish Sir Tom would just gift its a few million as well but its his decision, the sense of entitlement annoys me. And i hate the word "investment" in the club. Let's be real, any "investment" is actually a donation, you'd be as well burning the money as expecting a return on your "investment".

Folk moan about Sir Tom getting repaid his 5 million at 500,000 a year, if he'd genuinely invested £5 million in almost anything else all those years ago he'd likely have made a hell of a lot more.

Like someone said above, 4th place this season - after the past few years disasters - is a brilliant result.

For me the goal of the board right now should be working towards 4th next year, and the year after that and the year after that, until 4th place is just expected from us as a club. And then we build on that until we expect to be third every year and challenging for second. No more of this one good season every 10 routine we've been used to.

heretoday
13-05-2018, 12:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU

The case rests.

tamig
13-05-2018, 12:26 AM

Or not slaver and peddle the same old pish if he does accept.

tamig
13-05-2018, 12:36 AM

Never a legend.

wpj
13-05-2018, 05:38 AM
Whatever your thoughts on Kano these days, I liked him as a player. He scored winners (and other goals in games we won) v Hearts, Huns, Celtic. Not blessed with great pace but an intelligent footballer, who was great in the air for his height, and had a decent career after he left us.

Fond memories of him as a player, I also met him when he came into Pat Stanton's bar in Joppa. He was visiting Pat as I believe a lot of players were. This was the Miller years, never bought me a beer though I did have a couple on the house from Pat. As an aside I was walking down a street in prestofield months later when a car stopped, it was Pat asking how I was doing as he hadn't seen me for a while! I was amazed he remembered me but so chuffed he did.

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Any response yet?No...nothing mate

baggio70
13-05-2018, 07:40 AM
I've got respect for Paul Kane as a former player, but if he's a "legend" then we need a new set of words for the actual Hibs legends.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the board but it needs to stay within the realms of realism. You can't tell someone else - someone who's already saved the club once - how they should spend their money. I wish Sir Tom would just gift its a few million as well but its his decision, the sense of entitlement annoys me. And i hate the word "investment" in the club. Let's be real, any "investment" is actually a donation, you'd be as well burning the money as expecting a return on your "investment".

Folk moan about Sir Tom getting repaid his 5 million at 500,000 a year, if he'd genuinely invested £5 million in almost anything else all those years ago he'd likely have made a hell of a lot more.

Like someone said above, 4th place this season - after the past few years disasters - is a brilliant result.

For me the goal of the board right now should be working towards 4th next year, and the year after that and the year after that, until 4th place is just expected from us as a club. And then we build on that until we expect to be third every year and challenging for second. No more of this one good season every 10 routine we've been used to.

agree 100%
👏👏

Brizo
13-05-2018, 07:49 AM
Theres no doubting Kanos Hibs credentials and he made the best out of limited ability. That's not a put down as guys a lot better than him of the same generation never made it and he had the dedication to have a very good career.

Don't quite understand his vendetta against the Board and hes allowed himself to be a bit of a rent a gob whenever BBC Glasgow want to peddle their anti Hibs agenda.

Pia is a typical politician , two faced backstabber and ive been in his company when he left party colleagues without a name. He is another rent a gob with an anti Board agenda, albeit a slightly more articulate one than Kano.

Lago
13-05-2018, 07:56 AM
F knows why because it isn't exactly difficult. STF loaned the money to Hibs to square the bank deal, in the process saving the club a fortune, the money goes back into his pocket and rightly so.

It would be nice to see Hibs attract some outside investment, but as has been said many times ( mostly by me :greengrin ) our plan to pass 51% of control to the fans makes the chances of attracting the ultra rich with more money than sense virtually nil ... rich folk want the tag 'owner' as the bare minimum for pouring their cash into football's money pit and that's something you wont get at a fan controlled club.

Anybody moaning about the player budget had better start facing up to the reality of what 'fan owned' really means. From now on the way at Hibs will be to spend what we earn from gate money, transfer fees, TV money, prize money and sponsorship and it cant ( and wont ) all go on players wages or transfer fees to bring folk in, the cost of just running the club runs into millions and that's before you start paying the players.

That's why HSL in the years to come will go from being a nice wee boost to club funds to being vitally important ... its going to become imperative that they gather as many contributors as possible and more importantly, that those contributors continue to pay into HSL after the share buying phase has ended. I myself am not a member, but I do intend to join soon and when I do I wont even bother about the share side of things, its all going to be about keeping Hibs competitive.

Forget managerial meltdowns or who will or wont be sold or leave in the summer. By far the biggest issue facing this club is what's going to happen when it does become fan controlled and how we intend to finance it to a standard that will keep us in the hunt for trophies and European football .... in spite of asking these questions for over two years now I have yet to see any plans or projections from anywhere, be that the current Hibs board or HSL, as to how we intend to move forward when the time comes.

As far as I'm concerned we seem to be stumbling blindly into the unknown with nobody taking any notice of addressing the problems that fan ownership will inevitably throw up ... especially in the areas of decision making structures and how to attract investment to a fan controlled club. This is not Germany where big business and rich individuals are still happy to chuck in money without control, we do not have a fan base running into hundreds of thousands like Bundesliga clubs that we can use as a crutch when the going gets tough either. Hibs know all of this, HSL knows this .... but the sound of silence from both parties regarding the future is deafening.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ..... its time a few folk in and around Hibs got a grip on this before its too late.

What an excellent post!
People really don't realise what fan ownership will be like, it's not utopia, tight budget & the possibility of falling behind comparable clubs.

JoeT_WasTheBest
13-05-2018, 08:04 AM

I saw Kane on the morning of the big protest at Easter Road after we got relegated. Asked him if he was going to meet Leeann Dempster to discuss his concerns.

Kane - “Ah’m no going to meet her, why should I?”
Me - “To try to unite the fans?”
Kane - “If she thinks she can unite the fans more than I can, she’s I’m for a shock.”

Aye nice one ‘Kano’. She also ripped him a new one at the next AGM when he started his p*sh, and that was when we were probably at our lowest point.

Decent player, miles away from legend status, and too deep rooted views on people to be trusted for a sensible opinion.

The Falcon
13-05-2018, 09:05 AM

He's really a total fanny.

Pia is like others who shout a lot but offer no evidence to back up his claims. Then when those claims are srutinised (the car park) and discredited he moves on to some other nonsense. Someone pointed out that STF wasnt "sucking money out, more getting a loan repaid" Pia replied "not a scooby, son". Asked again to elaboborate on that he did not reply.

The accounts guys on here have scrutinised the accounts year after year looking for evidence to support claims made by Pia and others, Cav did a detailed piece on the car park sale, but the only evidence that is established is that STF has put in significantly more than he has taken out. Still not happy they then follow the kickback agenda that somehow Hibs (STF) have stiffed the BoS, knowing that details of that particular deal (between STF and the Bank) will never be known.

green day
13-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Pia is like others who shout a lot but offer no evidence to back up his claims. Then when those claims are srutinised (the car park) and discredited he moves on to some other nonsense. Someone pointed out that STF wasnt "sucking money out, more getting a loan repaid" Pia replied "not a scooby, son". Asked again to elaboborate on that he did not reply.

The accounts guys on here have scrutinised the accounts year after year looking for evidence to support claims made by Pia and others, Cav did a detailed piece on the car park sale, but the only evidence that is established is that STF has put in significantly more than he has taken out. Still not happy they then follow the kickback agenda that somehow Hibs (STF) have stiffed the BoS, knowing that details of that particular deal (between STF and the Bank) will never be known.

:top marks

Its a Ponzi scheme, dont you know...............

Bostonhibby
13-05-2018, 09:35 AM
What an excellent post!
People really don't realise what fan ownership will be like, it's not utopia, tight budget & the possibility of falling behind comparable clubs.Felt the same. I'm a shareholder and HSL member from day one. I have no interest in fan ownership for all the very sensible reasons outlined, once we get a meaningful share to block predatory mercer style opportunists I'm out.

As others have said if we can find a way to properly continue a managers fund without ownership after that then that might be an option to consider.

Frazerbob
29-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Leeann with a thinly veiled dig at Mr Kane.....

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/big-interview-hibs-leeann-dempster-speaks-out-on-neil-lennon-derby-outburst-1-4745928

LancsHibs
29-05-2018, 06:22 AM
Good positive interview

JimBHibees
29-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Felt the same. I'm a shareholder and HSL member from day one. I have no interest in fan ownership for all the very sensible reasons outlined, once we get a meaningful share to block predatory mercer style opportunists I'm out.

As others have said if we can find a way to properly continue a managers fund without ownership after that then that might be an option to consider.

Certainly needs to be some real thought re fan ownership the major thing appears to be the decision making and who can make that. Having fans making probably emotive based decisions isnt going to help anyone. Was watching the League 2 play off game yesterday between Coventry and Exeter. Exeter are run by a supporters trust who had served notice on their manager in November last season when they were near the bottom of the table. His contract was a 2 year rolling one so because the club couldnt afford to pay him off he was still in charge and had got them into the play off final for the second season in a row. He is now likely to leave as another club want him however what an absolutely bizarre position to be in.

ACLeith
29-05-2018, 06:26 AM
Clear headed and concise yet again

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Kano is an okay guy, has always been decent to me, calls me Scouse whenever he see me in the pub and has a blether. Lives just down the hill from me, has an opinion about some things at Hibs that are maybe misguided but don't we all sometimes.

green day
29-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Kano is an okay guy, has always been decent to me, calls me Scouse whenever he see me in the pub and has a blether. Lives just down the hill from me, has an opinion about some things at Hibs that are maybe misguided but don't we all sometimes.

The problem I have is that he has been put right on his "misguided" opinions more than once, and still comes out with the same pish.

Good player, good hibby- don't want him anywhere near a microphone anytime soon.

.Sean.
29-05-2018, 06:49 AM

As far as I'm concerned we seem to be stumbling blindly into the unknown with nobody taking any notice of addressing the problems that fan ownership will inevitably throw up ... especially in the areas of decision making structures and how to attract investment to a fan controlled club. This is not Germany where big business and rich individuals are still happy to chuck in money without control, we do not have a fan base running into hundreds of thousands like Bundesliga clubs that we can use as a crutch when the going gets tough either. Hibs know all of this, HS knows this .... but the sound of silence from both parties regarding the future is deafening.

Best post I’ve read on here on a long long time.

BILLYHIBS
29-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Kano got a good face for radio though will always be a legend in my eyes.Hates the Hearts and scored against them.:not worth

DarlingtonHibee
29-05-2018, 07:32 AM
Kano got a good face for radio though will always be a legend in my eyes.Hates the Hearts and scored against them.:not worth

Not read the full thread but Leeann has a dig in the evening news

BILLYHIBS
29-05-2018, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhzYj0ennXU

The case rests.
:not worth

BILLYHIBS
29-05-2018, 08:01 AM

:top marks
When Dylan and SJM are long gone we will still be here.The club is all that matters.The HIBS go marching on!