PDA

View Full Version : Have we just watched what we thought was over

hibeerealist
09-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Time and time again, with inferior teams, the ones in the shirts resembling the duke of argyles have got more out of this fixture than expected.

I really thought under NL we were putting that to bed but they have done it twice this season.

Yes, it is their cup final but was it not a cup final for us too? Our players let us down badly tonight, they have done great throughout the season but if you are going to have a S h ite m are then please not against them. How many have they had over the last 20 years or so against us?

We let let them get some credibility for their season tonight and I find that unforgivable Hibs, you let us down and there is no other way to put this.

The hoof ball ball kickers from the pink bus shelter are feeling better than us tonight despite us being a far better team and a huge gap in points, to those that played tonight in a green jersey I hope you sleep better than I will tonight you shrinking violets!!

One Day Soon
09-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Time and time again, with inferior teams, the ones in the shirts resembling the duke of argyles have got more out of this fixture than expected.

I really thought under NL we were putting that to bed but they have done it twice this season.

Yes, it is their cup final but was it not a cup final for us too? Our players let us down badly tonight, they have done great throughout the season but if you are going to have a S h ite m are then please not against them. How many have they had over the last 20 years or so against us?

We let let them get some credibility for their season tonight and I find that unforgivable Hibs, you let us down and there is no other way to put this.

The hoof ball ball kickers from the pink bus shelter are feeling better than us tonight despite us being a far better team and a huge gap in points, to those that played tonight in a green jersey I hope you sleep better than I will tonight you shrinking violets!!

Whichever way you cut it, I'd rather be 17 points ahead than behind.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Not at all, none of us would swap places with them, it's bitterly disappointing but whilst I used to dread the derbys, despite seeing 2 defeats in a row at Tynecastle I've no fear of going back next season.

TrinityHibs
09-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Unforgivable 😂😂 they won a game of football and are still currently 17 points and half a million £ behind. Calm down and appreciate how far they have fallen

Jones28
09-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Tynecastle is a horrible place to go.

They play a physical game that we can counter on our bigger pitch with width and pace.

It's not rocket science to figure out why they've got a good record at home.

G B Young
10-05-2018, 10:44 AM

They play a physical game that we can counter on our bigger pitch with width and pace.

It's only their home record which saw them scrape into the top six. As you say, on bigger pitches their limitations are exposed.

Nevertheless, Lennon is right to be furious. For all the 'extras' a derby brings with it, Hearts are the poorest team in the top six by a distance and we should not have slipped up against them having handled the previous post-split games so well.

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Exactly. Which is the reason we will ALWAYS struggle there. We play at that ***** tip once or twice a season, nowhere near enough to get used to playing on a pitch that’s so significantly different.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Manager and players had an off night and we often fail to perform at Tynecastle.

I'm frustrated, angry and whatever else but at the end of the day we have had a good season and one bad night doesn't change that. Given what a fair few of these guys have achieved at Hibs I think I can forgive them.

Steve20
10-05-2018, 10:54 AM
The players did let us down last night but over the season, especially the past couple of months, they’ve performed really well.

Unforgivable is too strong.

GreenT
10-05-2018, 12:43 PM
The players did let us down last night but over the season, especially the past couple of months, they’ve performed really well.

Unforgivable is too strong.

Totally agree. I think the players have looked tired the last couple of games. The Celtic game seems to have taken a lot out of the players.

We would have bitten the hand off that offered us 4th with the point gap to 5th as big as it is.

Very disappointed in Lenny's outburst last night. He needs to get a grip. We are not Celtic. 4th is acceptable considering we came up from the Championship