PDA

View Full Version : Dylan

Delboy4
03-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Just heard that he has signed a pre contract with Blackburn.

Not sure if 100% true.

Hopefully not...! 😞

Albanian Hibs
03-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Oh that's not good

dalkeith stu
03-05-2018, 08:13 PM
*****in BLACKBURN!!!

Delboy4
03-05-2018, 08:15 PM
If true, maybe make sense with Mowbray. Was Dylan at Celtic when he was manager?

bingo70
03-05-2018, 08:15 PM

Not sure if 100% true.

Hopefully not...! 😞

I’d be ok with that.

Would obviously much rather he stayed but I think I’ve given up hope of that happening and that’s a good move for him and I wish him well.

Should be an obvious signing for rangers so I’m pretty relieved he’s not going there. (I know there’s the obvious Celtic link but I worried Gerrard might have insisted on that kind of thing being ignored)

Heisenberg
03-05-2018, 08:17 PM

Not sure if 100% true.

Hopefully not...! 😞

Would be gutted but not surprised. He’ll be going down there on a very healthy wage and at a half decent level. Much better than him going to Aberdeen or Rangers.

coldingham hibs
03-05-2018, 08:20 PM
I heard the same from someone at the game last Saturday.

He’s been a fantastic player and if true then I wish him all the best.

Big boots to fill unfortunately.

Diclonius
03-05-2018, 08:20 PM
All the best to him, as long as he gives his all in his last three games. Hibs legend.

Libby Hibby
03-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Great wee player, he will be missed if he leaves but can be replace easily with Kamara from Dundee

Michael
03-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Legend and gutted to see him go. Not the best club out there though?

Heisenberg
03-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Great wee player, he will be missed if he leaves but can be replace easily with Kamara from Dundee

We got a spare million quid kicking about aye? :greengrin

Smartie
03-05-2018, 08:29 PM

What's wrong with Blackburn?

Tidy signing on fee, a decent wage, a good chance of playing every week and possibly giving himself a stage to win a bigger move still?

In his shoes, I'd have said that it would be an ideal move.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2018, 08:30 PM
What's wrong with Blackburn?

Tidy signing on fee, a decent wage, a good chance of playing every week and possibly giving himself a stage to win a bigger move still?

In his shoes, I'd have said that it would be an ideal move.

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/losses-widen-at-blackburn-rovers-during-season-to-forget

neil7908
03-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Think he can do better than Blackburn tbh.

The town itself isn't exactly an attraction, the team were playing in League 1 last year and their owners have been an utter disaster since they took over, with a lack of investment and a habit of sacking managers at will.

Mowbray was in the papers talking about the lack of contact with them and how small their budget was compared to others in the Championship so I really think Dylan can do better.

If true this strikes me as akin to Stubbs joining Rotherham. Yes he'll get more money but I think it's a bad move for his career.

guthrie01
03-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Turned out well for Mulgrew when he went there, now captaining for Scotland.

He is replaceable, we have a decent batch of youngsters including Fraser Murray who I have high hopes for next season

Renfrew_Hibby
03-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Mentioned on here a week or two ago that IMO Blackburn would be a good potential move for him.
Firstly it's a club at a decent level, one with not too much expectation at the moment. Also Mowbray has his teams play the right way and will give him time to adapt and a decent chance to stake a claim.
Lastly, club captain Charlie Mulgrew would be a welcome and friendly face.

IGRIGI
03-05-2018, 08:35 PM
If he goes along with Mcginn if we can bring in Crawford or someone else I think we are still in good shape with Slivka able to come in and Swanson looking like the type of player we thought he'd be.

Libby Hibby
03-05-2018, 08:37 PM
We got a spare million quid kicking about aye? :greengrin

Is that how much it would be to get him?

blackpoolhibs
03-05-2018, 08:37 PM

The town itself isn't exactly an attraction, the team were playing in League 1 last year and their owners have been an utter disaster since they took over, with a lack of investment and a habit of sacking managers at will.

Mowbray was in the papers talking about the lack of contact with them and how small their budget was compared to others in the Championship so I really think Dylan can do better.

If true this strikes me as akin to Stubbs joining Rotherham. Yes he'll get more money but I think it's a bad move for his career.

He wont need to live in Blackburn, there are some wonderful places to live within 30 minutes of the town. He will get a huge pay rise, play for a manager who plays the way he likes, and he's seen their captain go on to captain his country.

If he does well, you never know where he might go in 12-24 months, perhaps he's thinking of using them as a stepping stone?

I have no idea who else has been in for him either, perhaps there was not any better than Blackburn?

Renfrew_Hibby
03-05-2018, 08:38 PM

Doubt he would be staying in Blackburn! Probably get himself a nice pad down in Lytham, where a host of current and ex pros stay, very nice it is too.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Absolutely gutted if he does go and i've pretty much resigned myself to that happening.

It will be a huge task to replace him.

Del Boy
03-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Gutted to lose him but I think it’s a decent move for him to be honest.

Wish him all the best.

Heisenberg
03-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Is that how much it would be to get him?

I’d guess so. Dundee’s best player and English clubs interested. They managed to get over that for Hendry as well.

Stevie Reid
03-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Absolutely gutted if he does go and i've pretty much resigned myself to that happening.

It will be a huge task to replace him.

Certainly not an easy task, but definitely not impossible. We signed DM when we were in the Championship, we'll be signing a replacement with much more money for a salary than we had to offer him then, and as a top four (at least) team in the SPL. Probably with European football too.

3pm
03-05-2018, 08:46 PM
He wont need to live in Blackburn, there are some wonderful places to live within 30 minutes of the town. He will get a huge pay rise, play for a manager who plays the way he likes, and he's seen their captain go on to captain his country.

If he does well, you never know where he might go in 12-24 months, perhaps he's thinking of using them as a stepping stone?

I have no idea who else has been in for him either, perhaps there was not any better than Blackburn?

Good mates with Mulgrew I think.

Still wonder if he’ll cope physically. It’s a demanding league.

WhileTheChief..
03-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Midfield did ok on Saturday.

Not worried about this at all and wish him all the best.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Certainly not an easy task, but definitely not impossible. We signed DM when we were in the Championship, we'll be signing a replacement with much more money for a salary than we had to offer him then, and as a top four (at least) team in the SPL. Probably with European football too.

Definitely not impossible but extremely hard.

Stubbs pulled a masterstroke by signing McGeouch. He's one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs. An absolute joy to watch when he's fully fit.

Sean1875
03-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Gutted to see Dylan go but i've been bracing myself for a while now that he'd be offski. Just glad that he's off down south instead of another team in Scotland.

Certainly no ill-feeling towards him from me and wish him all the best :agree:

jacomo
03-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Doubt he would be staying in Blackburn! Probably get himself a nice pad down in Lytham, where a host of current and ex pros stay, very nice it is too.

True. As for the football, Blackburn are back in the Championship and Mowbray likes a midfielder who can play.

The owners have been mental but Mowbray has been there a wee while now and already persuaded them to put some more money in so seems fairly stable at the moment.

Not a terrible move. Dylan can certainly handle the physicality - he’s had a season being kicked every week and done ok.

Was worried he might be going to the Rangers. This is a better move if it happens.

Delboy4
03-05-2018, 08:55 PM
We can’t stop him as we can’t stop JM going either. What I’m concerned about is if both go ( which is a probably a done deal ) will Scotty Allan stay? If he does, we can build around him. If not, we have to find a full midfield 😡

In Lenny we trust 💚

B.H.F.C
03-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Even if it’s not Blackburn, he’s away regardless.

As a Scottish Cup winner I hope he does well wherever he goes, as long as it’s down south.

Libby Hibby
03-05-2018, 08:56 PM
We can’t stop him as we can’t stop JM going either. What I’m concerned about is if both go ( which is a probably a done deal ) will Scotty Allan stay? If he does, we can build around him. If not, we have to find a full midfield 😡

In Lenny we trust 💚

We don’t have to sell JM, he has a year left.

Hibeewilly
03-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Midfield did ok on Saturday.

Not worried about this at all and wish him all the best.
Did you think so WTC? I thought we missed him big time against Killie. I've heard he is seriously considering staying as is McGinn.....all rumour though so let's wait and see

Pretty Boy
Big loss.

We've known it's happening for a while though so I suspect there are a few options as to who will be his replacement.

Lancs Harp

I'll look forward to catching up with him for a pint. :wink:

Stevie Reid
Definitely not impossible but extremely hard.

Stubbs pulled a masterstroke by signing McGeouch. He's one of the best midfielders I've seen at Hibs. An absolute joy to watch when he's fully fit.

Certainly don't disagree with any of that. He's been awesome for us, and a joy to watch is bang on. His skill and composure on the ball is supreme.

I'm confident that we're well placed to replace him well though.

Billy Whizz

In Lenny we trust 💚

At least we’ll get a fee for McGinn, which we can reinvest in the squad

Heisenberg

In Lenny we trust 💚

I think Allan will be back. He’s enjoying his football again which he only seems to be able to do at Hibs. He belongs at ER.

Delboy4
03-05-2018, 09:02 PM
We don’t have to sell JM, he has a year left.

We will not keep him for another season if he doesn’t sign an extension to his contract. We have to take the cash now.

If John doesn’t have a great team/deal in for him he might stay and sign another extension to cover Hibs but I very much doubt it.

We can only dream...

😴

Lancs Harp
03-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Dylan has been great for us but players come and go and he has given us magnificent service. As good as he is or has been for us its a chance to move on Im sure the backroom have an option or two for us to look at to replace him.

cabbageandribs1875
03-05-2018, 09:10 PM

In Lenny we trust 💚

i'm already convinced SJM will go for a token 50K in the winter transfer window, and if we don't accept this token 50K hibs will be accused of mucking up the players career

WhileTheChief..
03-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Did you think so WTC? I thought we missed him big time against Killie. I've heard he is seriously considering staying as is McGinn.....all rumour though so let's wait and see

I thought we would miss him but the pace of the game was so fast that I barely noticed he wasn’t playing!

That’s not putting him down at all, I think he’s a cracking player.

I just don’t think he’ll be that big a loss and I think Lennon has been relaxed about the situation for a while now.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2018, 09:16 PM
I thought we would miss him but the pace of the game was so fast that I barely noticed he wasn’t playing!

That’s not putting him down at all, I think he’s a cracking player.

I just don’t think he’ll be that big a loss and I think Lennon has been relaxed about the situation for a while now.

I really hope you're right.

jeffers
03-05-2018, 09:19 PM
I'm in the minority I know but I think we will cope fine without him, we did on Saturday. For all the plaudits he gets he's not a match winner and never has been. I think Danny Swanson has shown he's perfectly capable of coming in and doing a good job. Plus if we can get Scott Allan in, we'd have a far better player all in my opinion of course. Losing SJM would be a much bigger loss.

ancient hibee
03-05-2018, 09:20 PM
We will not keep him for another season if he doesn’t sign an extension to his contract. We have to take the cash now.

If John doesn’t have a great team/deal in for him he might stay and sign another extension to cover Hibs but I very much doubt it.

We can only dream...

😴
And what if he doesn’t want to go and is quite happy to run his contract down?The club can’t force the issue.I think he’ll sign a year’s extension,for a fee of course.

Stevie Reid
03-05-2018, 09:20 PM
i'm already convinced SJM will go for a token 50K in the winter transfer window, and if we don't accept this token 50K hibs will be accused of mucking up the players career

Given that Motherwell got half a million for Moult (appreciate he's a striker and not a midfielder), I can't see that happening.

Think Aberdeen got about the same for McLean?

heretoday
03-05-2018, 09:24 PM
You can't blame the player. It's a short career.

We have to make do and mend and thankfully we have a manager who is more than capable.

guthrie01
03-05-2018, 09:26 PM
I'm in the minority I know but I think we will cope fine without him, we did on Saturday. For all the plaudits he gets he's not a match winner and never has been. I think Danny Swanson has shown he's perfectly capable of coming in and doing a good job. Plus if we can get Scott Allan in, we'd have a far better player all in my opinion of course. Losing SJM would be a much bigger loss.

Correct, just checked and he has 4 goals in 118 appearances for us which is pretty poor even if he does help create chances for others. If we could replace him with Stevie Mallan or similar I would be more than happy.

Sir David Gray
03-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Correct, just checked and he has 4 goals in 118 appearances for us which is pretty poor even if he does help create chances for others. If we could replace him with Stevie Mallan or similar I would be more than happy.

Luka Modric has scored 13 league goals in 6 years at Real Madrid and yet he's going to be lining up in a Champions League final in a few weeks' time.

Goals aren't the be all and end all statistic for midfielders, particularly for players who play the type of midfield position that McGeouch is in.

He does so much more than that for the team.

stoneyburn hibs
03-05-2018, 09:36 PM
It's no surprise that he's away, just glad it's not to any of our opponents. Best of luck to him, Scottish cup legend.

bingo70
03-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Luka Modric has scored 13 league goals in 6 years at Real Madrid and yet he's going to be lining up in a Champions League final in a few weeks' time.

Goals aren't the be all and end all statistic for midfielders, particularly for players who play the type of midfield position that McGeouch is in.

He does so much more than that for the team.

You’re absolutely right but I think the point people are trying to make is that we’ll just need to find a different dynamic from midfield. We won’t get a like for like midfielder but say for example we sign Scott Allan on a permanent deal, he drops to a deeper midfield position and Slivka gets a decent run in the team and scores 10+ goals from midfield, would we really be worse off? I’m not sure we would be.

Reason I’ve mentioned Slivka is based purely on his goal against Celtic, Mcgeouch wouldn’t have made that run, likewise Whitaker’s goal against Killie, we could have done with Mcgeouchs calming influence at times on Saturday but would he have ever made the run Whittaker did to score that goal? No chance imo.

500miles
03-05-2018, 09:54 PM
I think we might end up with a former team mate of his and ex hibs player coming in to play a similar role.

oneone73
03-05-2018, 09:56 PM
I think we might end up with a former team mate of his and ex hibs player coming in to play a similar role.

Scott Brown??

bingo70
03-05-2018, 09:56 PM

Scott Brown?

SRHibs
03-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Good luck to him.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got full faith in Lennon's ability to suitably replace any players that leave us in the summer. Lennon is the only person I'd really be worried about us losing.

500miles
03-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Scott Brown??

Towell. Just speculation, but free this summer, played for Lennon, and has really come on the last couple of years.

J-C
03-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Had a feeling he'd be gone when nothing was being said about him signing a new deal, Blackburn will be a decent side to go to, we'll miss him a tad but he's no world beater and can be replaced, He's a tidy wee player who keeps the ball well but lacks a wee bit drive and doesn't score enough or make enough as he sits far too deep at times and because he sits so deep his defensive duties aren't good enough to be a really good DM.

03-05-2018, 10:27 PM

Fraser Fyvie?

jeffers
03-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Had a feeling he'd be gone when nothing was being said about him signing a new deal, Blackburn will be a decent side to go to, we'll miss him a tad but he's no world beater and can be replaced, He's a tidy wee player who keeps the ball well but lacks a wee bit drive and doesn't score enough or make enough as he sits far too deep at times and because he sits so deep his defensive duties aren't good enough to be a really good DM.

That's my take on him too. I think he clearly has ability, but feel too often he takes the easy option.

If he does leave I'll be interested in how he gets on, if his career progresses as some think or if it will stall and he ends up back in Scotand in a season or two.

B.H.F.C
03-05-2018, 10:38 PM
That's my take on him too. I think he clearly has ability, but feel too often he takes the easy option.

If he does leave I'll be interested in how he gets on, if his career progresses as some think or if it will stall and he ends up back in Scotand in a season or two.

Depends what progression is. I think McGeough is a fantastic player but he’s not going to kick on and play at the top level in England.

Fitness permitting, he’ll comfortably play in the championship though and earn 10k a week for the next 5 or 6 years if he wants to.

jeffers
03-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Depends what progression is. I think McGeough is a fantastic player but he’s not going to kick on and play at the top level in England.

Fitness permitting, he’ll comfortably play in the championship though and earn 10k a week for the next 5 or 6 years if he wants to.

So a fantastic player in Scottish football terms then ? I'm only asking because some were suggesting he may be using Blackburn as a stepping stone to bigger things which I can't see.

Eyrie
03-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Disappointed to lose him but he goes with my best wishes.

B.H.F.C
03-05-2018, 11:06 PM
So a fantastic player in Scottish football terms then ? I'm only asking because some were suggesting he may be using Blackburn as a stepping stone to bigger things which I can't see.

Aye in Scottish terms which is all that really matters to us.

Capable of playing at a decent level down south but it won’t be at the top level IMO.

I actually don’t think the championship down their is far superior to the standard up here, but it’s a hard league with a lot of well matched teams. And a lot more money obviously.

ekhibee
03-05-2018, 11:37 PM
McGeouch has had some good games for us, he was very injury prone though, he missed a lot of games but this season he was more regular. Good player but not irreplaceable.

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2018, 11:48 PM
No one is irreplaceable but not a great move for DMcG. Blackburn unlikely to indulge a niche injury player like Hibs. One more relatively clean season and he’d have shed that burden and got a serious move. Now he’ll be catfood and return to Dundee United for a stuttering rehab.

Dashing Bob S
03-05-2018, 11:49 PM
But I love him.

Captain Trips
04-05-2018, 12:54 AM
A great player for this club and IMO not so easy to replace at all.

All the best sir.

jgl07
04-05-2018, 01:10 AM
McGeouch has had some good games for us, he was very injury prone though, he missed a lot of games but this season he was more regular. Good player but not irreplaceable.
He will be kicked from pillar to post in the English Championship.

46 League games means virtually two matches a week.

He will be back in Scotland within a year.

berwickhibee
04-05-2018, 05:37 AM

He
will be back in Scotland within a year.

My prediction also. Very tough and physical league.

Souter96Mac
04-05-2018, 06:04 AM
My best mate is a rovers fan, he came along to the league Cup semi this season against celtic. He was actually raving about Paul Hanlon instead following the game.

Since90+2
04-05-2018, 06:14 AM
It's been pretty obvious for a while he was not going to renew so this is the best case scenario rather than him ending up at Sevco or Aberdeen.

One of my favourite ever players and a club legend. Let's hope he can give us a great send off in the last few games.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Agree with the others saying this is a good move for him.

Good club, who have a chance to be competitive, good manager, and hell be getting at least double, and probably treble his money.

Not irreplaceable, but hard to replace and sorry to ser him go, but hes been great for us and would absolutely wish him all the best with his move.

SirDavidsNapper
04-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Blackburn a sensible move IMO. Decent club, not too much pressure, play in front of smaller crowds than Hibs but probably doubling his pay. He can get his head down there and play every week. Wish him all the best. Sad to see another legend move on.

mjhibby
04-05-2018, 06:58 AM

£50k. Seriously. If he goes in January we will still get £500,000 to a £1m. It all depends who comes in for him and what the bid is. It also depends on what John wants. I'm sure staying with this current hibs side isn't a hardship for a year and if he believes in himself another year at hibs will see him ready to go to a fairly big club. I can understands fans fretting at losing Dylan and sjm but lenny and the management team have shown with their January signings they can spot a player. Let's just enjoy the end of the season and what will be will be. Im looking forward to the window more looking forward to whose coming in than going out. I suspect sjm will go and that will enable us to go for a high calibre replacement with the fee. We shall see.

mjhibby
04-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Blackburn a sensible move IMO. Decent club, not too much pressure, play in front of smaller crowds than Hibs but probably doubling his pay. He can get his head down there and play every week. Wish him all the best. Sad to see another legend move on.

Can't agree. It seems all about the money and I would think they will be at the bottom end of the table. A club like Derby who are likely to challenge for promotion would be a better option. Again it depends whose in for him.

SirDavidsNapper
04-05-2018, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't mind Conway moving in the opposite direction

Jones28
04-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Well at least it's not sevco or Aberdeen. I think we all saw this coming.

jacomo
04-05-2018, 07:23 AM
My prediction also. Very tough and physical league.

And our one isn’t?

The Green Goblin
04-05-2018, 07:58 AM
This thread began with a rumour and morphed into inevitable fact by about half way down. :greengrin

Has this been confirmed? I know it might be true, but is it actually definitely true?

bingo70
04-05-2018, 08:07 AM
And our one isn’t?

I think the difference is the volume of games and the fact they seemed to play twice a week down there as well as having much further to travel to away games.

I’m not convinced the English championship is that much better than our premier league however I could see why that could potentially be a problem for Mcgeouch considering his injury problems he’s had in the past.

bingo70
04-05-2018, 08:08 AM
This thread began with a rumour and morphed into inevitable fact by about half way down. :greengrin

Has this been confirmed? I know it might be true, but is it actually definitely true?

It’s not been confirmed so there’s no guarantees however the OP has a history of beng correct with this type of rumour.

lord bunberry
04-05-2018, 08:10 AM
I thought he was signing for hearts?

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-05-2018, 08:31 AM
I thought he was signing for hearts?
Same here. They must have rejected his desire to play for them due to being too small and not having the necessary skills to shell a ball 50 yards.

JimBHibees
04-05-2018, 08:33 AM
I think the difference is the volume of games and the fact they seemed to play twice a week down there as well as having much further to travel to away games.

I’m not convinced the English championship is that much better than our premier league however I could see why that could potentially be a problem for Mcgeouch considering his injury problems he’s had in the past.

I think quality wise you are probably right, been to a couple of championship games years ago and the obvious difference was the physical size of the players they were huge.

Stokesy's on fire
04-05-2018, 08:38 AM
i really hope this turns out to be untrue but if DM does leave us then i can only wish him all the best he has been a great player for us.

The_Horde
04-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Mulumbu please.

Stevie Reid
04-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Towell. Just speculation, but free this summer, played for Lennon, and has really come on the last couple of years.

Funnily enough I was checking Richie Towell's progress the other day. Obviously had a phenomenal few years at Dundalk, hasn't kicked a ball for Brighton though. Played a lot of games on loan at Rotherham, with a not bad goal return.

blackpoolhibs
04-05-2018, 09:13 AM

He will be back in Scotland within a year.

Thats my worry too, add in the travel and his body will now go through much more stress than its ever had.

Can he take it, i have my doubts?

As for the player, i have no doubt he will be good for Blackburn, he's a quality player who keeps the ball in tight situations.

He will never be one to break forward and drive into the box and score, but he has been an integral part of our rise from the dross into a very good side fighting for 2nd place.

A cup winning legend, who will always be welcome at Easter Road. :hibees

Nicho87
04-05-2018, 11:00 AM
He got me a signed shirt last year for my wedding. My wife knows his cousin.

Gutted if he goes but wish him the best. Been a great player for us. He is the standard of technical player we should be looking at, nothing less.

Good luck Dylan

cabbageandribs1875
04-05-2018, 11:30 AM
£50k. Seriously. If he goes in January we will still get £500,000 to a £1m. It all depends who comes in for him and what the bid is. It also depends on what John wants. I'm sure staying with this current hibs side isn't a hardship for a year and if he believes in himself another year at hibs will see him ready to go to a fairly big club. I can understands fans fretting at losing Dylan and sjm but lenny and the management team have shown with their January signings they can spot a player. Let's just enjoy the end of the season and what will be will be. Im looking forward to the window more looking forward to whose coming in than going out. I suspect sjm will go and that will enable us to go for a high calibre replacement with the fee. We shall see.

a slight tongue in cheek valuation on my part :), out of interest how much do you think a club would offer for a player out of contract 4 months later, knowing full well the player will have had his head turned during transfer gossip etc and his present club not wanting an unhappy not-focussed player in the changing room ? would we accept the 50K or reluctantly let him walk out the door for absolutely nowt/nada/zilch, and yes i'm aware not every football club conducts gossip through the daily record like sevco do :)

Borderhibbie76
04-05-2018, 11:38 AM

He will be back in Scotland within a year.Yup imo it's the wrong move for him if true...a tough demanding a very physical league

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
04-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Yup imo it's the wrong move for him if true...a tough demanding a very physical league

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As brilliant as Dylan is I have to agree. He’s not the type to play in a struggling team which is where he’ll end up.

Johnny_Leith
04-05-2018, 11:55 AM
He'll be successful down there. He'll be playing in a team that tries to get the ball down and play which as we know will suit Dylan. If the rumour is true.

Sammy7nil
05-05-2018, 07:04 AM
As brilliant as Dylan is I have to agree. He’s not the type to play in a struggling team which is where he’ll end up.

Why will Blackburn a struggling team ? I would think they will be pushing for the play offs

AlbertK86
05-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Anybody know if he is fit for today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Will be sad to see him go but he has been fantastic for us and we have been fantastic for him. Better for all sides to have things settled as soon as it is practical to do so. Don't want to end up with a repeat of the Fraser Fyvie saga. DM going should open the door for Silvka.

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Anybody know if he is fit for today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has a facial injury but sounds like he will play with a mask

1van Sprou7e
05-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Will be sad to see him go but he has been fantastic for us and we have been fantastic for him. Better for all sides to have things settled as soon as it is practical to do so. Don't want to end up with a repeat of the Fraser Fyvie saga. DM going should open the door for Silvka.

Different types of players really, don't know if slivka can play that deep lying playmaker role

Centre Hawf
05-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Why will Blackburn a struggling team ? I would think they will be pushing for the play offs newly promoted. Could go either way tbh but I just don’t fancy their squad if im honest. Still time to add to it mind.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2018, 11:38 AM
newly promoted. Could go either way tbh but I just don’t fancy their squad if im honest. Still time to add to it mind.

I admire your in depth knowledge of 3rd tier English football. :top marks

GreenOnions
05-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Different types of players really, don't know if slivka can play that deep lying playmaker role

If Dylan moves on I would imagine Whittaker or Bartley out of our current playing staff would be likely to take-up that role.

eastcoasthibby
05-05-2018, 12:28 PM
We need to replace him with someone coming in as idont think Bartley has what it takes to play week in and week out in this league, doesnt have the all round footballing ability to slow moving the ball and is completely different from Dylan ......Whittaker can do a job I reckon but againvery different player. ..so we need to be on the hunt !!

J-C
05-05-2018, 01:24 PM
If we're looking at Whittaker and Bartley to replace McGeouch, then we'll be in real trouble next season.

Gmack7
05-05-2018, 01:26 PM
If we're looking at Whittaker and Bartley to replace McGeouch, then we'll be in real trouble next season.

I think real trouble is stretching it

J-C
05-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I think real trouble is stretching it

Would you want to start next season with either as your starting playmaking midfielder, deffo not me. Bartley is severely limited and Whittaker at the very tail end of his career, to suggest either could take his place is just nonsense.

speedy_gonzales
05-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Would Fraser Murray be able to cut it in that role? Whenever I've seen him play, and that has been fairly limited, he looks calm and assured on the ball, he's competent, looks for a pass and drives forward,,,, maybe a year too soon???