PDA

View Full Version : NHC And we complain about a barrier!

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Liverpool fans could be kept inside the Stadio Olimpico until 1AM tonight - Italian authorities have warned - to limit the possibility of trouble after the match.

During the “long hold back”, a replay of the whole match will be played on the stadium’s big screen for the supporters, as they will be kept for up to two-and-a-half hours after the Champions League second leg has ended.

iwasthere1972
02-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Maybe we could do the same with The Rangers and have big screens showing the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Good luck to Liverpool tonight. They should have enough to get to the final. Trouble free as well.

Ryan91
02-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Maybe we could do the same with The Rangers and have big screens showing the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Good luck to Liverpool tonight. They should have enough to get to the final. Trouble free as well.

Nah, just have them watch the final 10 minutes on repeat, reminding them all of when Henderson delivered

Keith_M
02-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Utterly ridiculous.

I think it's about time EUFA were cracking down on Clubs where it is quite obviously so dangerous for visiting Fans.

kaimendhibs
02-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Absolutely shocking treatment

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Pete
02-05-2018, 05:56 PM
During the “long hold back”, a replay of the whole match will be played on the stadium’s big screen for the supporters, as they will be kept for up to two-and-a-half hours after the Champions League second leg has ended.

That’ll be a bit of a bummer if they go out.

iwasthere1972
02-05-2018, 06:22 PM
I'm sure that this would be classed as imprisonment in a court of law. Two and a half hours. The Roma fans will have long gone and most of them will be in bed. Absolutely ridiculous. Would it happen in the UK.

lord bunberry
02-05-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm sure that this would be classed as imprisonment in a court of law. Two and a half hours. The Roma fans will have long gone and most of them will be in bed. Absolutely ridiculous. Would it happen in the UK.
I was just thinking the same.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Utterly ridiculous.

I think it's about time EUFA were cracking down on Clubs where it is quite obviously so dangerous for visiting Fans.

Some of Liverpool fans are no angels mind.

Bostonhibby
02-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Utterly ridiculous.

I think it's about time EUFA were cracking down on Clubs where it is quite obviously so dangerous for visiting Fans.Definitely. They'll talk about it possibly but meantime this might be the only way to guarantee the safety of the Liverpool fans against some of Europe's greatest cowards.

Anyway cmon Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
02-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Nah, just have them watch the final 10 minutes on repeat, reminding them all of when Henderson delivered

I'd just have "HENDERSON TO DELIVEEEEERRR" on continuously to drive them mentally insane.

Hulk1875
02-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Hopefully for the time they are in there, they will have access to food and drink. Are you able to get a pint at Italian games?

Nakedmanoncrack
02-05-2018, 06:47 PM
To be fair it's probably for the best, and will result in considerably less stabbings post-match than would inevitably happen if they were just let loose to make own way back into city afterwards.

Cabbage East
02-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Hopefully for the time they are in there, they will have access to food and drink. Are you able to get a pint at Italian games?

Yes. Had about 6 pints of moretti when I was at the stadio Olympico. Doubt the scousers will though.

hibby6270
02-05-2018, 07:42 PM
I'd just have "HENDERSON TO DELIVEEEEERRR" on continuously to drive them mentally insane.

Aw naw!!

Jack Hackett
02-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Nae need. You'd only be over-egging the pudding

.Sean.
02-05-2018, 07:56 PM
I think there’s a blanket ban on alcohol at the champions league games is there not?

Can you drink in stadiums in Italy during league games like you can in Germany?

green&left
02-05-2018, 08:11 PM
I think there’s a blanket ban on alcohol at the champions league games is there not?

Can you drink in stadiums in Italy during league games like you can in Germany?

Aye, but at the 3 Serie A games i've been too, no Italians bevvied. (Your also correct with no bevvy at all at any Champions League games)

Regarding cracking down on clubs, how can clubs be held accountable for fans and local lunatics two hours after the game 5 miles away from the stadium? Could be wrong I reckon it'll be the polis keeping them in so by the time they get out and back in the city, the bars and cafes will be shut.

Jones28
02-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Aye, but at the 3 Serie A games i've been too, no Italians bevvied. (Your also correct with no bevvy at all at any Champions League games)

Regarding cracking down on clubs, how can clubs be held accountable for fans and local lunatics two hours after the game 5 miles away from the stadium? Could be wrong I reckon it'll be the polis keeping them in so by the time they get out and back in the city, the bars and cafes will be shut.

Strict liability is the only way to stop these fuds. If your supporters misbehave you should be looking at being banned from the competition for a certain period of time.

I agree that there has to be a point where the club cannot be responsible but when you've got a situation where supporters of teams are being held back for 2/2.5 hours after a game there has to be something radical done

green&left
02-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Strict liability is the only way to stop these fuds. If your supporters misbehave you should be looking at being banned from the competition for a certain period of time.

I agree that there has to be a point where the club cannot be responsible but when you've got a situation where supporters of teams are being held back for 2/2.5 hours after a game there has to be something radical done

A few Liverpool fans get slashed across the arse tonight at 2am. How do you know they're Roma? Could be Lazio? Could be nothing to do with football and could be right-wing lunatics like those who attacked Spurs a few years back...?

Jones28
02-05-2018, 08:37 PM
A few Liverpool fans get slashed across the arse tonight at 2am. How do you know they're Roma? Could be Lazio? Could be nothing to do with football and could be right-wing lunatics like those who attacked Spurs a few years back...?

If they can provide evidence to prove it wasn't Roma fans then fine, if it is proven to be Roma fans then what? The only deterrent to people who are as radically committed to their football team as this is to punish the team they support for their behaviour.

However as I mentioned in my original response there should be a cutoff - in which case the theoretical instance you cite the club would not be responsible.

Itsnoteasy
02-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Liverpool fans could be kept inside the Stadio Olimpico until 1AM tonight - Italian authorities have warned - to limit the possibility of trouble after the match.

Plenty time to do the helicopter with their scarves.
Hearts Class.

Moulin Yarns
02-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Will some not have flights booked for tonight?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-05-2018, 09:13 PM

To be fair, it could stop them causing trouble. It's for their own good really.

bod
02-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Will some not have flights booked for tonight?

Probably charters so they can get straight back to sign on