PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: Infinity War

LustForLeith
22-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Film is finally out this week. Anyone else excited about seeing it?

Going on Friday after work, taking my son although I think I’m more excited than him. Just the standard 2D screening although if it’s good might also go to a 3D showing.

I’m also interested how much of Edinburgh is going to be in it. I went to Waverly when they were making it and the fake little newsagent they had in it seemed to be foreign. So while there was elements filmed in Edinburgh it might not be set here.

Can’t wait!!!!

Hibbyradge
22-04-2018, 11:18 PM
I'm non plussed about the Avengers now.

Too many characters in the films and too much crash, bang, wallop instead of a decent plot.

Of course, I'll go to see it.

hibs#1
23-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Can't wait,like a child before christmas 😁. I think marvel could show me a jobby and id still love it.(apart from inhumans that was awful.)

Sylar
23-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Finally got around to seeing Spiderman Homecoming yesterday, and we're off to see Black Panther tonight - I can't say I'm excited about Avengers Infinity War (the films have become quite formulaic), but I will probably watch it at some point.

LustForLeith
23-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Review embargo lifted tomorrow.

Here we go!!!

Greentinted
23-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Film is finally out this week. Anyone else excited about seeing it?

Going on Friday after work, taking my son although I think I’m more excited than him. Just the standard 2D screening although if it’s good might also go to a 3D showing.

I’m also interested how much of Edinburgh is going to be in it. I went to Waverly when they were making it and the fake little newsagent they had in it seemed to be foreign. So while there was elements filmed in Edinburgh it might not be set here.

Can’t wait!!!!

I read a review the other day and it said that our dear city is recognisable in around 10 minutes worth of on-screen footage. Not really my thing normally, but I may be swayed as I do enjoy seeing anything set in Edinburgh.

LustForLeith
28-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Saw it last night. Its not perfect (won’t say why as to avoid spoilers!) but I really enjoyed it!

hibsbollah
28-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Just been with junior this afternoon. Eye popping visually but basically empty. Shocking, unbelievable finale.

hibee_girl
28-04-2018, 09:36 PM
We saw it tonight, my son was devastated at the ending. I’m still not sure I understood it :greengrin

Lendo
04-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Just been with junior this afternoon. Eye popping visually but basically empty. Shocking, unbelievable finale.

Is it not only Part 1? Pretty sure they are filming IW Part 2 right now.

Mr Grieves
04-05-2018, 01:10 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Avengers movies but I really enjoyed it. It's quite funny (Guardians of the Galaxy are awesome) with quite a dark ending.

Tyler Durden
05-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Is it not only Part 1? Pretty sure they are filming IW Part 2 right now.

It started out being titled part 1 but they changed that. Next one is yet to be titled but is largely in the can I think.

Have to say it’s a bit disingenuous on the part of the filmmakers as it very obviously is one story. They claimed that this one was self contained when they changed the title and that’s blatantly not the case.

Even fairly young kids are gonna understand the broad strokes of what’s coming next if they paid attention to the plot.

I enjoyed it. Some great pair ups and Rocket, Thor and Spidey brought plenty of laughs

sleeping giant
06-05-2018, 04:16 PM
We saw it tonight, my son was devastated at the ending. I’m still not sure I understood it :greengrin

Went to see it with my youngest today and I am the same.
Not really sure what happened at the ending. Don't want to say anything more as do t want to spoil it for anyone.
My boy didn't say a word coming home in the car.

RoslinInstHibby
30-05-2018, 04:16 PM
really enjoyed it, hell of a lot of characters to give screen time to and I thought it was handled really well....at what point can we discuss spoilers:greengrin