PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SEASON TICKET SALES INCREASE BY ALMOST 10%

Ozyhibby
23-03-2018, 10:17 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-season-ticket-sales-continuing-to-soar-1-4711170/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sales up 10%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
23-03-2018, 10:23 AM
That's fantastic news.

I'm_cabbaged
23-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Would be more if zebra would contact me after my application!

RSS Bot
23-03-2018, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8530)

Pagan Hibernia
23-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Fans packing out Easter road, HSL gaining momentum, skelping the jambos regularly, pushing for European football, our talented youth team trying to sweep the board at U-20 level... what a time to be a hibee!

Now if only we could get that marvellous midfield signed up for next season!

Billy Whizz
23-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Great news

Garymcl
23-03-2018, 11:15 AM
A reminder that experience from this season trying to get decent seats for category a games has been nearly impossible getting a season ticket early as possible solves that problem :greengrinGgtth

Radium
23-03-2018, 11:28 AM

I was getting daily emails from them but hadn’t checked my junk mail. Sorted now

Stevie Reid
23-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Awesome news :thumbsup:

Was only waiting to do mine so it would fall into my March salary, shall be done today :flag:

Juice-Terry
23-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Brilliant. Imagine 15,000 STs next year!!!

Carheenlea
23-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Very encouraging at this stage. Still to get round to renewing myself but will be this weekend. Haven’t heard of anyone I know who won’t be renewing, so hopefully this trend can continue and we can increase the numbers yet again for next seasons campaign.

oneone73
23-03-2018, 12:23 PM

Me too

ano hibby
23-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Wonder how many are new and how many are renewals done earlier than last year..?

rodhibs55
23-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Renewed my two yesterday

mutley
23-03-2018, 12:36 PM
renewed mine just now

Hibee87
23-03-2018, 12:39 PM
I wonder if Hibs will considering doing a Cat B season ticket for the south? I know I mentioned this before and was a mixed response, however if we were to sell out, or nearly sell out our 3 stands with season tickets then it makes sense.

Cutting the allocation of the O/F I would also be happy with but giving Hearts the full the stand and getting the roseburn seems a sensible agreement, but I doubt we would cut the O/F any way.

Maybe if we sell out our 3 stands for say 2 or 3 seasons on the trot cutting all away allocation might happen, but for now I think it would be sensible to offer that option if we could.

Callyballybe
23-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Brilliant news!

mutley
23-03-2018, 12:51 PM
I hope His will do the Twitter announcements like last year, keeping up up-to-date with the numbers of Season tickets sold. It was a good little game last year, guessing what the next figure to be announced would be.

I'd love to know what figure we are up to so far, as it only says 10% more than this time last year. Anyone know?

:flag::flag::flag:

SouthMoroccoStu
23-03-2018, 12:58 PM
It's all because Hibs are in BIG financial trouble

jambokickback says so

GordonHFC
23-03-2018, 01:04 PM

Give the ticket office a call on 08448 441875

My application somehow got stuck between ticketmaster and Zebra. The ticket office got it unblocked for me and I received the docs to sign by email a couple of hours later.

Hibs1969
23-03-2018, 01:15 PM
I renewed the other day. It’s a great time to be a Hibs fan.

GreenCastle
23-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Renewing with several others soon.

Can’t wait for next season and hopefully we fill the stadium every week once again.

Garymcl
23-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Totally agree this is a great time to be a hibby but let's not get complacent I've also renewed I believe we can smash the record again this year it would be great if a small percentage of existing st holders or regular walk ups could entice lapsed hibbys to come back how much more would that add to the regular attendance and also more money into the playing budget cmon we can all try and even get 1 more family member/friend we know to come to the Leith San Siro :flag:

Golden Bear
23-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Renewed mine earlier this year than I did last year.

Golden Bear
23-03-2018, 01:34 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-season-ticket-sales-continuing-to-soar-1-4711170/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sales up 10%

I'm sure that's a certain Mr Levein in the cover photo. Is he one of our new season ticket holders?

:greengrin

Earlydelivery
23-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Was going to renew today when I finished but just went past shop and pretty busy .
leave it till Tuesday now .

hibsbollah
23-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Does this mean we get the midfield Three Amigos signed up :hyper

The Green Goblin
23-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Will be renewing online before the early bird deadline of April 6th. The two people I sit with are doing likewise.

FifeHibs
23-03-2018, 02:02 PM
I wonder if a feasibility study with HSE and cost versus value for temporary seating in one of the corners for the season.
Probability of 6 home sell outs ( Hearts, Celtic, the rangers) + Aberdeen games and a good cup draw.
Hibs finish well this season, I am confident Season ticket sales will be over 15,000.
The temporary seating may add a further 1/2k tickets available.

SirDavidsNapper
23-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Need to fill those corners in 😉

Stuart93
23-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Also renewed mines this morning, easy peasy.

Jones28
23-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Will have by the close of play today hopefully! Absolutely loving the buzz around the club right now.

brianmc
23-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Renewed my two yesterday-took all of five minutes.
Season 30 for me and season 8 for my daughter.
Onwards and upwards GGTTH 🇳🇬

nellio
23-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Did mine online earlier in the week GGTTH :flag:

The Harp
23-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Meant to renew this week but been choked with the cold - always prefer doing it in person (it's an age thing).
I'll get the finger out next week and get it sorted.

poolman
23-03-2018, 02:39 PM
But they're only on sale early because we're in financial trouble

According to our pink chums anyway :greengrin

Keith_M
23-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Wonder how many are new and how many are renewals done earlier than last year..?

I think that's basically what it is.

We won't know the real number until August, though we might gradually get an idea of how it's going as Hibs update us with the numbers.

SirDavidsNapper
23-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Not going to lie i thought the record season ticket sales would have been for one season with the promotion boost then maybe drop a couple thousand for next season. Seems im way off the mark so far. Excellent 🖒

Keith_M
23-03-2018, 03:22 PM
I wonder if a feasibility study with HSE and cost versus value for temporary seating in one of the corners for the season.
Probability of 6 home sell outs ( Hearts, Celtic, the rangers) + Aberdeen games and a good cup draw.
Hibs finish well this season, I am confident Season ticket sales will be over 15,000.

I think the only corner actually suitable is the North East, and they'd have to remove at least part of the side panels from the East and FF Stands as part of any construction.

Not sure that's feasible but you never know.

KWJ
23-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Brilliant. Imagine 15,000 STs next year!!!

I don't see folk buying STs right up the sides. I'll have a look at what's left once the current ST deadline passes and if there's something central, and I have the funds, I'll get that otherwise I'll be a walk up again and shift aboot.

Stevie Reid
23-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Just sorted mine :flag:

we are hibs
23-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Going to renew at the end of May as not got the money just now, anyone know when your seat is reserved until?

Aim Here
23-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Going to renew at the end of May as not got the money just now, anyone know when your seat is reserved until?

1st of June, so you're cutting it fine...

hughio
23-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Great time to be a Hibby.

Nobody's getting my seat.

Painless payment plan:thumbsup:

hibbysam
23-03-2018, 06:11 PM
I just can’t believe we haven’t got a category B season ticket, which gives people the benefit of a far better view than some of the ‘side’ seats which might encourage a few more to take this up.

lord bunberry
23-03-2018, 06:18 PM
I’m one of the people who has renewed earlier than last season, but I’ve also added another 2 with mine. It’s good to be a hibby right now.

Eyrie
23-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Any idea how soon the season tickets will be sent out?

Reason I ask is that I ordered my first one for a number of years a couple of weeks ago and nothing has arrived.

MSK
23-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Two getting renewed on Thursday & we are signing up to HSL at the same time, might as well milk this feel good factor 😁

jgl07
23-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Temporary seating presumably without any cover?

In Scotland?

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Any idea how soon the season tickets will be sent out?

Reason I ask is that I ordered my first one for a number of years a couple of weeks ago and nothing has arrived.

Not until a couple of weeks before first home game.

WhileTheChief..
23-03-2018, 07:10 PM
If the corners were filled in these seats at the sides of the stands would no longer be at the sides and folk would buy them no problem!

Smartie
23-03-2018, 07:16 PM
I've had a season ticket for 20 years but I've never renewed early.

This year is different, I'm going to do it next week.

Imagine we gave the club the confidence to get that midfield 3 signed up for another year......

Scouse Hibee
23-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Renewed within days of the launch, always like to get it done early.

FifeHibs
23-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Temporary seating presumably without any cover?

In Scotland?

Most temporary seating comes with cover. The design capabilities are much greater than 10/15 years ago. Although we could give out the old yellow rain coats of the 90s to save on the costs ;).

Wouldn't have an idea of how much the capacity would increase in a corner or the cost.

Was just curious if it would be cost effective with a good profit margin. The probability of 6/9 home sell outs depending on cup runs. and

Carheenlea
23-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Just renewed - all of two minutes to do so.

NAE NOOKIE
23-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Renewed today a good bit earlier than usual. I for one am not going to be responsible for Hibs financial difficulties meaning the club cant keep going, so I felt it was my duty as a fan to help out by renewing as soon as possible :aok:

The announcement that we are 10% ahead of sales compared to this time last year is great news ... Of course its as much about new ST holders as it is renewals, I think most folk will renew if they can, how many new ST holders we can get will determine if we can top 14,000 or even unbelievably reach 15,000.

It's all so bloomin' positive though, what a great time for our club :flag:

Peanut Shaz
23-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Just renewed for me and my husband. Really easy to fill out the Zebra Finance forms. Looking forward to next season already.

Renfrew_Hibby
23-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Most temporary seating comes with cover. The design capabilities are much greater than 10/15 years ago. Although we could give out the old yellow rain coats of the 90s to save on the costs ;).

Wouldn't have an idea of how much the capacity would increase in a corner or the cost.

Was just curious if it would be cost effective with a good profit margin. The probability of 6/9 home sell outs depending on cup runs. and

If the NE corner was properly filled in it would raise capacity to just on the 22k mark.

hibee_girl
23-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Just renewed our two as well :flag:

tamig
23-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I think the only corner actually suitable is the North East, and they'd have to remove at least part of the side panels from the East and FF Stands as part of any construction.

Not sure that's feasible but you never know.

Perfectly feasible but probably not cost effective.

WoreTheGreen
23-03-2018, 08:49 PM
20 + years done it again there was no other outcome

Sir David Gray
23-03-2018, 09:07 PM
I'll be renewing mine next Saturday before the Partick Thistle game.

I'm_cabbaged
23-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Give the ticket office a call on 08448 441875

My application somehow got stuck between ticketmaster and Zebra. The ticket office got it unblocked for me and I received the docs to sign by email a couple of hours later.

Thanks G , did that and they told me there were too many characters on my employers address and it was on hold? Sorted it and it’s all been fixed👍 What worries me is there might be people trying to buy at the last minute and they and Hibs may miss out!!

Austinho
23-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Not sure that's feasible but you never know.Wouldnt it be possible to fill in the South West corner too? The stands are closer together, but look like there’s plenty space to join them.

I’m sure if desperately needed in the future, even the other 2 corners with the slopes could be filled - would need to be a single tier, like the ones at Ibrox though. Could be wrong!

Eyrie
23-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Not until a couple of weeks before first home game.

Thanks - I'll just need to be patient.

Sammy7nil
23-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Wouldnt it be possible to fill in the South West corner too? The stands are closer together, but look like there’s plenty space to join them.

I’m sure if desperately needed in the future, even the other 2 corners with the slopes could be filled - would need to be a single tier, like the ones at Ibrox though. Could be wrong!

I hope it never happens in my lifetime, every available penny should go on the team. We have had years and years of being told jam tomorrow. Well now lets invest heavily in the team and see this success continue.

RyeSloan
23-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Wouldnt it be possible to fill in the South West corner too? The stands are closer together, but look like there’s plenty space to join them.

Anything’s possible of your pockets are deep enough I suppose...

The North East corner is clearly the easiest and has ample space to put a good sized structure in as well as a seating deck.

Would be very interesting to see a feasibility on filling that corner with safe standing and creating a supporters bar and the like behind. There is even scope to have part of the building well beyond the footprint of a ‘simple’ squaring off of the stands at the back while also linking with both stands and connecting the Famous 5 and East at the ground level.

It would also have the benefit of being the perfect spot for the singing section.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that if the club produced the plans and the estimated costs that the support might not rally itself to raise the funds (or root about for a couple of mystery benefactors!)....

Sammy7nil
23-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Anything’s possible of your pockets are deep enough I suppose...

The North East corner is clearly the easiest and has ample space to put a good sized structure in as well as a seating deck.

Would be very interesting to see a feasibility on filling that corner with safe standing and creating a supporters bar and the like behind. There is even scope to have part of the building well beyond the footprint of a ‘simple’ squaring off of the stands at the back while also linking with both stands and connecting the Famous 5 and East at the ground level.

It would also have the benefit of being the perfect spot for the singing section.

Not beyond the realms of possibility that if the club produced the plans and the estimated costs that the support might not rally itself to raise the funds (or root about for a couple of mystery benefactors!)....
Why are people obsessed with this notion, I hope it never happens get the pennies spent on the team fill ER every week. Have great team great atmosphere we are not going to need a bigger stadium or supporters bar anytime soon. What we need is probably six or seven new players next year as some move on. We have to get that right and it will cost. Feasibility studies can wait.

Ozyhibby
24-03-2018, 12:08 AM
Why are people obsessed with this notion, I hope it never happens get the pennies spent on the team fill ER every week. Have great team great atmosphere we are not going to need a bigger stadium or supporters bar anytime soon. What we need is probably six or seven new players next year as some move on. We have to get that right and it will cost. Feasibility studies can wait.

There is an outside chance that with Edinburgh’s growing population and some good management at Hibs that a corner may need filled in at some point in the future.
I can’t see the club ever building a bar that only opens 20 days a year. That would be a giant waste of money.

Wakeyhibee
24-03-2018, 12:20 AM

Totally agree, all money should now go on the playing side of things. If we sold out every year for the next three seasons then maybe a rethink would be needed. I think its unlikely so playing side please for me

Pagan Hibernia
24-03-2018, 12:27 AM

I wouldn’t say it’s an obsession. More that people are thinking of the possibility that more seats will generate more cash to spend on the team long term. Of course that will only happen if we’re able to fill them so I agree with Wakeyhibee in that we’ll need a few seasons of sell outs and near sellouts before we can even consider it.

Weststandwanab
24-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Just renewed my two season tickets.

Great time to be a Hibby and loving attending matches with my son.

I hope all the people around us renew too.

GGTTH

penihibs
24-03-2018, 09:32 AM
That's me back on board again.
God bless the Hibs.

RyeSloan
24-03-2018, 09:35 AM

It’s not an obsession but clearly the stadium could be improved and it’s clear that this season we could have done with a bigger stadium on occasion.

I’m not saying it will score high on the cost / benefit scale hence why I suggested a supporter led campaign to raise the funds.

It’s also true that many people said exactly the same as you have regarding the East Stand and we now know that was spectacularly short sighted so I see nothing wrong in speculating how we could expand the capacity as well as the utility of our stadium.

First team first of course but none the less I think a filled in North / East corner would be an excellent addition [emoji3]

BenjiOscar
24-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Next season, on the basis the SPFL are being fair on the fixture allocation, we will have 2 home games against each of the cheeks and 1 against the poppy thieves before the split. Throw in the Aberdeen match and that’s six 20,000+ sells outs. Given I expect us to be challenging for at least second place (hopefully top spot) we are likely to see increased attendances for the Motherwell, Killie, St J etc. matches.

Knowing that there is likely to be less walk ups available then that may convince more people to buy season tickets to guarantee they can get to these matches. Could we get to the scenario where there is a waiting list for season tickets? That would be some situation for us to be in!

thegaffer12
24-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Just got my first ever season ticket :thumbsup: Incentive for me was actually being able to guarantee a decent seat every game in comparison to this season where I usually had to settle for seats that were squashed up in the corner.

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2018, 12:48 PM

I wouldn't call it an obsession, but doing it would be part of the progress the club is making. Its probably true that concentrating on infrastructure affected us on the park for the best part of a decade, though our failure during that time cant exclusively be put down to it, and its far too simplistic to say it was in my opinion.

A football club is a complete package, its as bad to neglect its off field activities as it is to neglect its activities on the field. Easter Road is a very good stadium, but its far from complete and to simply sit back and say 'aye good enough' cant be what this club is about .... perhaps the FF / east corner isn't a priority, but its development along with the rest of the stadium should always be on the table. As I've said before, Easter Road is very good .. it has the potential to be brilliant.

As for the supporter's bar ..... For me it was never just about profit. IMO the bar was a connection between the club and its every day ordinary supporters who maybe couldn't afford hospitality and its presence was a sign that Hibs didn't just look on the fans as just folk paying at the gate or loads of money for speciality packages. Besides that, where is it written that a supporters bar just has to be open on matchdays? If Hibs were to run it along the lines of a Wetherspoons and keep it open during the week there is no reason IMO why it couldn't at least break even ... cheap & cheerful seems to work fine for some.

Billy Whizz
24-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Just got my first ever season ticket :thumbsup: Incentive for me was actually being able to guarantee a decent seat every game in comparison to this season where I usually had to settle for seats that were squashed up in the corner.

Great news, well done

Gmack7
24-03-2018, 01:50 PM
3 renewed ,even for an idiot like me with the laptop it was easy enough:thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
24-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Good man.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. For non season ticket holders the recent scramble for tickets in games has been a real surprise (or reality check 😉) - this would have been almost an unthinkable situation 4-5 seasons ago

Dashing Bob S
24-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Deluding ourselves as we're deep financial trouble, tick tock, etc etc according to Kickback experts, who have expertise in such matters. They are first people I turn to for advice on Hibs finances.

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2018, 02:34 PM
I hope they do the corners at some point.

Worth it just to annoy the Hearts fans. And it’ll look good on the telly.

FifeHibs
24-03-2018, 02:42 PM

My initial comment below was about temporary seating in the corners to increase profit margin. Season ticket sales will be over 15,000 this season which would leave a small percentage available for walk ups to the games.
If the value against cost was favourable it would increase the playing budget even further in future seasons.

The temporary seating may add a further 1/2k tickets available,.

Pagan Hibernia
24-03-2018, 02:44 PM
I hope they do the corners at some point.

Worth it just to annoy the Hearts fans. And it’ll look good on the telly.

Only if we fill them, nothing looks worse on telly than empty seats (hearts half empty new stand being a case in point).

For my part, as someone who doesn’t live in Edinburgh and has always just bought single tickets to games, I’d love to buy a season ticket to help the club plan for next season, and the added bonus that I’d be guaranteed a seats for derbies etc. however I’m reluctant in that I don’t want to deprive local hibees a place for games that I maybe can’t get to. :confused:

WhileTheChief..
24-03-2018, 02:50 PM
^^^ Buy one at the edges of one of the stands. Apparently no one likes these seats anyway.

Then when you can get to a game call the ticket office and swap your ST seat for one that you prefer or near your mates or whatever.

Your ST seat can then be sold so no one is deprived of seeing us beat Hearts again :cb

RyeSloan
24-03-2018, 04:31 PM
^^^ Buy one at the edges of one of the stands. Apparently no one likes these seats anyway.

Then when you can get to a game call the ticket office and swap your ST seat for one that you prefer or near your mates or whatever.

Your ST seat can then be sold so no one is deprived of seeing us beat Hearts again :cb

If you want early bird and the payment plan you can also buy one now in a less than perfect spot then switch on the 1st June.

That’s what I did last year, bought two near the sides and then switched to two bang on the centre line and in prime spot. Had to be organised on the day but it was worth it.

RyeSloan
24-03-2018, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't call it an obsession, but doing it would be part of the progress the club is making. Its probably true that concentrating on infrastructure affected us on the park for the best part of a decade, though our failure during that time cant exclusively be put down to it, and its far too simplistic to say it was in my opinion.

A football club is a complete package, its as bad to neglect its off field activities as it is to neglect its activities on the field. Easter Road is a very good stadium, but its far from complete and to simply sit back and say 'aye good enough' cant be what this club is about .... perhaps the FF / east corner isn't a priority, but its development along with the rest of the stadium should always be on the table. As I've said before, Easter Road is very good .. it has the potential to be brilliant.

As for the supporter's bar ..... For me it was never just about profit. IMO the bar was a connection between the club and its every day ordinary supporters who maybe couldn't afford hospitality and its presence was a sign that Hibs didn't just look on the fans as just folk paying at the gate or loads of money for speciality packages. Besides that, where is it written that a supporters bar just has to be open on matchdays? If Hibs were to run it along the lines of a Wetherspoons and keep it open during the week there is no reason IMO why it couldn't at least break even ... cheap & cheerful seems to work fine for some.

Considering the volume of housing crested very near by a wetherspoons style venue may actually be a viable prospect now....the layout and format would be ideal for matchdays as well.

As you say it’s all about having ambition to keep progressing on and off the park. Successful clubs do both.

Sammy7nil
24-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Considering the volume of housing crested very near by a wetherspoons style venue may actually be a viable prospect now....the layout and format would be ideal for matchdays as well.

As you say it’s all about having ambition to keep progressing on and off the park. Successful clubs do both.

There is no way Hibs can buy booze as cheap as Mr Wetherspoon

Jack
24-03-2018, 10:47 PM
If the corners were filled in these seats at the sides of the stands would no longer be at the sides and folk would buy them no problem!

Good point.

For those saying don't do it, it's short time pain for long term gain.

And a supporters bar, in collaboration with the Hibs Supporters Club might work for both parties.

I'd hate to think we'd regularly have to turn supporters away, or even put them off, even a wee tiny bit, from coming along.

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2018, 10:51 PM
There is no way Hibs can buy booze as cheap as Mr Wetherspoon

No they cant .... but hundreds of other boozers do ok without being Wetherspoons. Whatever Hibs decide to do with it nobody can disagree that we have a pretty large open space sitting doing nothing in a prime location ... they surely must have some idea what they are hoping to do with it.

Ozyhibby
24-03-2018, 11:20 PM
No they cant .... but hundreds of other boozers do ok without being Wetherspoons. Whatever Hibs decide to do with it nobody can disagree that we have a pretty large open space sitting doing nothing in a prime location ... they surely must have some idea what they are hoping to do with it.

Pubs are struggling big time. There are a few less within walking distance of the stadium than there used to be. I just can’t see how one at the stadiums works? 20 days a year it’s Choca block but I just don’t see it being busy the rest of the time. There are a few decent boozers on Easter road but they are dead during the week and their location is better.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2018, 01:54 AM
Pubs are struggling big time. There are a few less within walking distance of the stadium than there used to be. I just can’t see how one at the stadiums works? 20 days a year it’s Choca block but I just don’t see it being busy the rest of the time. There are a few decent boozers on Easter road but they are dead during the week and their location is better.

Well a boozer is just one option Ozzy ..... I think the point is that if the FF / east corner is to be developed then Hibs will have to come up with an idea of how it can make money. I read a newspaper report a few months ago saying Edinburgh has the 2nd highest hotel occupancy rates in Europe outside of London, so that could be one thing worth looking at in partnership with some hotel chain or other. If that sounds far fetched tell me who could have predicted the NHS operating out of the FF stand?

The only thing I would be concerned about is that we didn't just chuck up a building without thinking how it will tie the FF and east together and the same goes for the other 3 corners .... the idea has to be a fully enclosed stadium that flows together, not just a random load of structures.

I know the discussion is really about increasing capacity on the back of a big increase in crowds, but IMO adding another 2,000 seats would only be looked at on the back of a number of seasons where we maintained the average we are just now ... if we did want a larger capacity if you ask me the ends of the FF, east and south could be extended to meet each other at a relatively modest cost compared to building in a corner, which would easily add about 1000 seats or more .... all you would need is the roof and seating decks, you wouldn't even need to extend the concourses.

DaveSo
25-03-2018, 08:21 AM
Our wee family bought three brand new season tickets yesterday. My dad, a young whipper snapper at age 71, got his first season ticket ever. Reason-wanted a good seat every game instead of being a nomad around the stadium on a game by game basis.
Looking forward to next season already.
Just need the team to re-sign in the summer now.
:flag:

Roberts1875
25-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Renewed, would be great to hit 15k this year! :nlgwa