PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW TICKET EXCHANGE SCHEME LAUNCHED

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
06-03-2018, 05:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8483)

HibeeHibernian4
06-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Good to see :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
06-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Good move.

wookie70
06-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Seems like a decent system. If it works hopefully they roll it out for all games.

TheGreenMan
06-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Finally. Hopefully everyone who can't attend uses this. Get the seats filled!

Pete
06-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Really good idea which sound simple.

Please be simple...

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Good work hibs, shows it isn’t rocket science to achieve what many of us have been debating for a while now.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Seems like a decent system. If it works hopefully they roll it out for all games.

It can only work for sold out games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one thinking a token gesture to fans giving up their seats in place for a ten pounds shop voucher wouldn't feel to much to ask for. The fact hibs would be getting double seat money

Pete
06-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Am I the only one thinking a token gesture to fans giving up their seats in place for a ten pounds shop voucher wouldn't feel to much to ask for. The fact hibs would be getting double seat money

I’d rather the money went to fund the squad tbh. Sorry.

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 05:59 PM
I’d rather the money went to fund the squad tbh. Sorry.

Opinions.

Just a thought. Don't see why season ticket holders asked to give up a ticket to get full houses. Yes demand is fantastic but fans have forked up hard earned cash monthly or up front. A ten quid voucher for going back into the club is just a suggestion. Sorry

Just Alf
06-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Me too 100%

That said they've clearly said that that element would be up for consideration in future.

Just need to wait and see

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Pete
06-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Opinions.

Just a thought. Don't see why season ticket holders asked to give up a ticket to get full houses. Yes demand is fantastic but fans have forked up hard earned cash monthly or up front. A ten quid voucher for going back into the club is just a suggestion. Sorry

No need to apologise. Maybe something to consider I suppose as it is extra cash...are there any similar clubs who have a scheme like that?

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Opinions.

Why hold a season ticket if you are not going to attend games?

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 06:06 PM

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.

Aye ok pal. I am a season ticket holder and if I pumped £400 into my club and never attended one game it wouldn't make blind bit difference to hibs so get of your soap box

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Aye ok pal

This ticket exchange literally takes 5 clicks of a mouse. Why should there be an incentive for that? It's only if you are not going to attend which in return allows the club to release the seat for re-sale which equals more cash in the clubs pockets.

lucky
06-03-2018, 06:10 PM

As a ST holder who doesn’t make every game this scheme is a good start but I agree a £10 voucher if the clubs sells the seat. The club will still be making extra money

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:12 PM
As a ST holder who doesn’t make every game this scheme is a good start but I agree a £10 voucher if the clubs sells the seat. The club will still be making extra money

So you would want a £10 voucher for releasing your seat (which is a 1 minute job, so it's not like it takes up time from your day) for a game you can't attend anyway?

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 06:13 PM

Correct

Sir David Gray
06-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Opinions.

If you're not going anyway, what difference does it make?

You buy a season ticket at the start of the season in the knowledge that you are committing to buying a seat for each home game that season. If you can't make a game, you have 3 options;

1-Do nothing and the seat remains empty for that game.
2-Give your season ticket to a friend or relative.
3-Allow Hibs to re-sell your season ticket for that match.

There's nothing wrong with any of these options. Obviously it would be great to have your cake and eat it but as a season ticket holder, I certainly don't expect anything in return for giving up my seat for a game that I'm not going to make anyway.

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 06:14 PM
So you would want a £10 voucher for releasing your seat (which is a 1 minute job) for a game you can't attend anyway?

And the fact a season ticket holder has forked money up front why shouldn't they be rewarded.

Not even the price of a full match ticket adult I may add.

You agree the money should stay in the club. I've merely suggested a ten pound voucher not £1000.

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:15 PM
And the fact a season ticket holder has forked money up front why shouldn't they be rewarded.

You agree the money should stay in the club. I've merely suggested a ten pound voucher not £1000.

£10 voucher for clicking your mouse button 5 times and releasing your seat for a game you can't attend :tee hee:

SRHibs
06-03-2018, 06:20 PM

Because if there’s no incentive then people are going to be less likely to give up their seat, or to make the effort. Pretty basic logic. It’s not really about what’s deserved.

Many like me get season tickets with good intentions but it’s not always feasible to travel long distances to the games.

That said any incentive would need to only apply to sold out games, as giving money back for every game wouldn’t help the club at all.

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Because if there’s no incentive then people are going to be less likely to give up their seat, or to make the effort. Pretty basic logic. It’s not really about what’s deserved.

Many like me get season tickets with good intentions but it’s not always feasible to travel long distances to the games.

That said any incentive would need to only apply to sold out games, as giving money back for every game wouldn’t help the club at all.

If people can't be arsed taking a minute out of their day to release a seat that is poor.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:23 PM

That’s still £10 less for the club...

Nicho87
£10 voucher for clicking your mouse button 5 times and releasing your seat for a game you can't attend :tee hee:

Your way of the high way. I'm out.

SRHibs
If people can't be arsed taking a minute out of their day to release a seat that is poor.

In my case, if I’m not attending I generally wouldn’t release the ticket because I’d look for one of my friends or family to take it beforehand. With a small incentive it might change my mind.

Vini1875
06-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Well done to the club. It is what many have been asking for. Particularily for games like Friday, when all sorts of folk are asking for one spare ticket. :aok:

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:26 PM
In my case, if I’m not attending I generally wouldn’t release the ticket because I’d look for one of my friends or family to take it beforehand. With a small incentive it might change my mind.

So if you couldn’t find a friend or relative to take your seat you would hold on to it just because you don’t get anything in return?

You’d likely spend more time asking friends or relatives if they wanted it and the even more time getting your ST to them, than it would take to release it back to the club so they could benefit from it... after all every penny counts to the club.

SRHibs
06-03-2018, 06:28 PM
So if you couldn’t find a friend or relative to take your seat you would hold on to it just because you don’t get anything in return?

You’d likely spend more time asking friends or relatives if they wanted it and the even more time getting your ST to them, than it would take to release it back to the club so they could benefit from it... after all every penny counts to the club.

I feel more value for my money if it’s someone I know enjoying the ticket that I’ve paid for. And people flip-flop with plans generally up until the last minute a lot of the time when I’m offering it out.

Mikey
06-03-2018, 06:32 PM
If you want money for your ticket you sell it yourself.

If you're happy for the club to sell the seat again and gain financially then you release the seat.

What's difficult about that?

Geo_1875
06-03-2018, 06:34 PM
It's a built in part of Ticketmaster's generic system for football clubs. At West Ham you get about 30% of the ticket price to use in the shop or next year's ST. It only comes into effect when it's nearing a sell out as the club want to sell full priced tickets first. If anybody doesn't fancy reselling their seat without getting anything back they don't need to worry as it's not compulsory.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:34 PM
I feel more value for my money if it’s someone I know enjoying the ticket that I’ve paid for. And people flip-flop with plans generally up until the last minute a lot of the time when I’m offering it out.

I totally agree, I always give my ST to my friend to attend in my absence, and in my experience I have never been unable to find someone to take it... but even at the last minute I would still release back to the club as we always see folk on here up til mere hours before kick off desperate for a ticket. I don’t expect a reward for that, after all it’s my choice not to attend.

Aim Here
06-03-2018, 06:35 PM

If you read the article, Hibs are considering an incentive scheme, but they're currently evaluating the system before deciding on it.

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Ffs. Trolling as per.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:36 PM

If you're happy for the club to sell the seat again and gain financially then you release the seat.

As long as folk don’t resell their own ticket for profit...

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 06:37 PM

Absolutely nothing but a gesture from the club for a returned ticket to what would be a massive match would be nice. Even if it is £5 off next years season card or whatever.

HNA7
Ffs. Trolling as per.

"As per"?

You've only been here a few weeks so how would you know?

Haven't you? :wink:

Hibs90
Ffs. Trolling as per.

As per aye?

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 06:38 PM
"As per"?

You've only been here a few weeks so how would you know?

Haven't you? :wink:

I’ve read the board a little while and my reaction probably is ottt sorry.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:40 PM
This has been debated extensively on a previous thread only a week or two ago....

At the end of the day as a supporter we should all be looking to maximise the clubs finances, every penny... you may say a token £5 but if you multiply that by every ticket that is returned it could potentially grow to thousands of pounds.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2018, 06:41 PM

It wasn’t so long ago that we were grateful to overseas fans who wanted to contribute to their club knowing fine well they couldn’t attend games.

Guess we should tell them not to bother from now on if they’re not going to attend?

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
It wasn’t so long ago that we were grateful to overseas fans who wanted to contribute to their club knowing fine well they couldn’t attend games.

Guess we should tell them not to bother from now on if they’re not going to attend?

Nobody is saying that though are they...? Would you want those overseas fans to release their seats or not?

Hibs90
06-03-2018, 06:43 PM

There are other ways to contribute. They could for starters just donate ST price to the club if they wanted. But that is a different situation from the ticket exchange one.

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 06:48 PM
This has been debated extensively on a previous thread only a week or two ago....

At the end of the day as a supporter we should all be looking to maximise the clubs finances, every penny... you may say a token £5 but if you multiply that by every ticket that is returned it could potentially grow to thousands of pounds.
And likewise if you look at it the other way for a category A game. If hibs did resell a an adult ticket at £26 they'd still be £16 up after a ten pound voucher. How many people are likely to find something in the club shop for £10 anyway.

Again all it was a suggestion

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:48 PM
There are other ways to contribute. They could for starters just donate ST price to the club if they wanted. But that is a different situation from the ticket exchange one.

Agreed. If they are not going to attend any games whatsoever then donate to HSL. Otherwise there will be empty seats when we want full a full stadium.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Nobody is saying that though are they...? Would you want those overseas fans to release their seats or not?

My post was in response to the one that asked why buy a ST if you’re not going to go to the games.

To answer your question, if they want to then great, if not then fair do’s.

It seems like a logical scheme that the club have come up with.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:50 PM
And likewise if you look at it the other way for a category A game. If hibs did resell a an adult ticket at £26 they'd still be £16 up after a ten pound voucher. How many people are likely to find something in the club shop for £10 anyway.

Again all it was a suggestion

Yes it’s completely subjective, but again would you prefer the club makes £16 or £26? And surely it would be a £10 voucher that could be used towards any purchase... so you buy a hibs shirt for £45 instead of £55? They still lose that little extra income.
Every. Penny. Counts.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 06:53 PM
My post was in response to the one that asked why buy a ST if you’re not going to go to the games.

To answer your question, if they want to then great, if not then fair do’s.

It seems like a logical scheme that the club have come up with.

Yes it’s a very logical scheme, it’s been debated on here on other threads for a while now.

When you say “fair do’s” to them if they don’t release their ticket, does that mean you don’t really care if the club can make a little extra money?

Let’s say all the profits from ST resales over a season could secure us a new signing.... would you agree with releasing your ticket when you cannot attend then... and for no incentive.

KWJ
06-03-2018, 06:56 PM
I suppose the incentive is that the club receive more money to improve the team and your enjoyment following Hibs.

100 fans do this for 10 games that's an extra £28,000.

Beefster
06-03-2018, 07:01 PM
If I’m going to release my unused seat, I’ll be looking for a hand-written letter of gratitude from Rodders, hand-delivered by Olivia Munn.

Hibbyradge
06-03-2018, 07:03 PM

It's a trial.

Did you read the Q&A?

merseyhibs
06-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Hi guys Iam desperately searching for 2 tickets. Couldnt get through when went on sale. I’m still coming up from Liverpool to watch game in leith but nothing will beat being there. If anyone can help.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2018, 07:07 PM
I go to the games with my dad who’s in his 70s. The folk sitting around us are all of a similar age and are a decent bunch of fans.

If I release my seat then any nutter could buy it. I don’t want some drunken ned that insists on standing and shouting abuse through the whole game ruining the experience for my dad.

The scheme is to make things easier for the ticket office. It’ll be used a handful of times in a season and you’ll be luck today if more than a dozen or fans actually use it.

Still worth having it as an optîon though.

dp00
06-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Are we the hardest fans ever to please ????

I’d say £10 voucher for club shop is fair compromise , at end of day club will still get money and potentially get more in the shop

kaimendhibs
06-03-2018, 07:11 PM

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.Are you a diplomat? I buy a season ticket knowing I can't make every game so take the hit. But if other people want a small reward, what's it to you?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
06-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Well done Hibs.

Nice to see that, if the trial works well, they will give something back to the ST holder as of next season.

Hibernian FC, the club that listens to its Supporters.

:aok:

SChibs
06-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Does this mean for example Aberdeen ask for more tickets they will get them as hibs can fall back on season ticket holders releasing their seat and gaining money that way. More money from the away fans for the extra tickets + more money for reselling ST's? If so it's not a bad idea

Sprouleflyer
06-03-2018, 07:26 PM

What should you get if you are releasing a kids ST seat that only cost £25 for the season?

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2018, 07:27 PM
What should you get if you are releasing a kids ST seat that only cost £25 for the season?

A tube of Smarties.

SRHibs
06-03-2018, 07:27 PM

They could make it a percentage of each game cost, so for a returned £25 ticket you’d only receive a pound or less.

Sprouleflyer
06-03-2018, 07:32 PM
They could make it a percentage of each game cost, so for a returned £25 ticket you’d only receive a pound or less.

There is no easy answer for an incentive for releasing your ticket. I just hope those who can't make the big games are willing to use this system and release their seat so that someone who can make the game can fill it.

Pete
06-03-2018, 07:33 PM
A tube of Smarties.

Or a Freddo.

TBH I wouldn’t bother doing it for the kids tickets.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 07:36 PM
There is no easy answer for an incentive for releasing your ticket. I just hope those who can't make the big games are willing to use this system and release their seat so that someone who can make the game can fill it.

Exactly
Fans can’t make for various reasons. Bet there’s around 500 + empty seats in our end on Friday. That’s quite a bit of money to Hibs at £28 a ticket

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 07:37 PM
Or a Freddo.

TBH I wouldn’t bother doing it for the kids tickets.

And see someone else willing to pay full price miss out!?

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Exactly
Fans can’t make for various reasons. Bet there’s around 500 + empty seats in our end on Friday. That’s quite a bit of money to Hibs at £28 a ticket

Yup, £14000 to be precise.... but most likely less as some folk feel they need something in return to bother themselves to click a few buttons on a webpage!

derekduval
06-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I think £5 off your renewal next year is ideal a small incentive/ gesture and encourages you to release it and to renew. Win/win. If you don’t renew you lose it.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2018, 07:40 PM
And see someone else willing to pay full price miss out!?

I think he meant he wouldn't give those giving up a kids season ticket seat an incentive, but I might be wrong.

Brooster
06-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Are folk seriously looking for a few quid back if they free up their seat? Why not just let Hibs make the profit to improve the squad? You know this already but if 300 seats are resold for Friday thats £8400 of free money to Hibs. Thats the monthly salary of a very good player.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Are folk seriously looking for a few quid back if they free up their seat? Why not just let Hibs make the profit to improve the squad? You know this already but if 300 seats are resold for Friday thats £8400 of free money to Hibs. Thats the monthly salary of a very good player.

Where were all you guys when I was arguing these points a couple weeks ago! 😂👍🏻

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 07:52 PM

I personally wouldn’t want anything back, but that’s just me, and the like of you Brooster
Not sure about fans who live down south/ abroad, and maybe buy a ticket to support Hibs, but only go 2/3 times a year

Onion
06-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Agree some incentive might be needed to make this scheme work properly. Folk are by nature lazy/forgetful and just wont bother to release a ticket that they've already paid for. It's simply not the same as giving it away to a friend/relative for free.

Brooster
06-03-2018, 07:56 PM
I personally wouldn’t want anything back, but that’s just me, and the like of you Brooster
Not sure about fans who live down south/ abroad, and maybe buy a ticket to support Hibs, but only go 2/3 times a year

Thats true Billy. I just have difficulty believing folk would be so fussy about getting a fiver back rather than letting Hibs improve the squad.

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 07:57 PM
As per aye?

Sorry Dom.

Mibbes Aye
06-03-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm not interested in a £5 or £10 club voucher from the shop.

Not when I can get £30+ from a Hun or Celtc fan :agree:

:devil:

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 07:59 PM

I don’t think anyone “seriously” are to be fair. A token gesture would be nice for giving a sell out ticket back to the club though in my opinion. Even £2 per time to Leith Links it keeps the good vibes at and within the club growing.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2018, 08:02 PM

I have let my seat be sold on several occasions this Season and was so simple Not looking for anything back as assume if resold this goes into pot for improving the squad

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 08:04 PM
I have let my seat be sold on several occasions this Season and was so simple Not looking for anything back as assume if resold this goes into pot for improving the squad

Good on you Ronnie

Nicho87
06-03-2018, 08:09 PM

Signed hibs kids top obviously

EH54
06-03-2018, 08:17 PM
My first call will always be friends and Family if they don't want it then I have no problem releasing. You tickets to someone else and I couldnt give a **** about a voucher or reimbursement just my own opinion

SChibs
06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
My first call will always be friends and Family if they don't want it then I have no problem releasing. You tickets to someone else and I couldnt give a **** about a voucher or reimbursement just my own opinion

Agreed. It's people's choice to sign up for a season ticket at the start of the season with the chance they might miss a game or two. It doesn't cost anything to release the ticket so not sure why people wouldn't do it.

O'Rourke3
06-03-2018, 08:24 PM
I'm glad I pushed this over the finish line. I emailed the club last night to let them know my seat is available. I simply missed out on the new app. Thanks to work I can't go and the usual suspects can't make the game so I'd rather have a fan in than an empty space. I also get there may be a tube buys it but they won't be there for more than a game. The guys I sit with I'll ask. If they behaved badly I'det the club know. Each buyer will have their client ref.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Pete
06-03-2018, 08:27 PM
I think he meant he wouldn't give those giving up a kids season ticket seat an incentive, but I might be wrong.

Yes that’s what I meant. It would be about £1 a time, which is hardly worth anyone’s effort.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Step in the right direction. Have already released my seat back a few times this season. With regards to a shop voucher back, the biggest issue seems to be cheap kids ST’s in the FF not being used regularly. Couldn’t give someone a voucher who has only paid £25 for the season. Still think £25 is far too cheap and is part of the problem that leads to lots of unused ST’s but that’s a different argument for a different day.

WhileTheChief..
06-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Each buyer will have their client ref.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Good point. I was forgetting that the games involved are likely to be Cat A games so folk will need to be on the database.

weecounty hibby
06-03-2018, 08:40 PM
I buy me ST knowing I will miss some games. I have released my seat twice this year for games already. I honestly have no desire for any incentive for doing so. I released my seat so that Hibs could make more money on top of what I have already paid. I have also given my tickets to friends this season as well. I think it's a great idea and hopefully the 10% or so of ST holders who miss out at most games use it. If we get that 1000 or so STs resold that is an extra 25 to 30 thousand pounds per game. Even if that is only OF and derbies that is potentially £180,000 which is a top players wages for a season. Apologies if the arithmetic is crap but you her where I'm coming from hopefully.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I buy me ST knowing I will miss some games. I have released my seat twice this year for games already. I honestly have no desire for any incentive for doing so. I released my seat so that Hibs could make more money on top of what I have already paid. I have also given my tickets to friends this season as well. I think it's a great idea and hopefully the 10% or so of ST holders who miss out at most games use it. If we get that 1000 or so STs resold that is an extra 25 to 30 thousand pounds per game. Even if that is only OF and derbies that is potentially £180,000 which is a top players wages for a season. Apologies if the arithmetic is crap but you her where I'm coming from hopefully.

Fully agree. Finally support for this side of the argument. I previously argued these points and was readily beaten back with sarcastic comments on how I’m such a good person etc etc!

At the end of the day it’s no sacrifice to release your unused ticket and in effect donate it back to the club, and he incentive should be knowing you are contributing to the continued success of the club.

Lancs Harp
06-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Its a fair debate and people from both sides of the debate are making fair points worth considering. Personally Im not a season ticket holder this season due to personal circumstances meaning my visits this season are a bit limited but previously Ive had a season ticket even though I only made a dozen games or so, Im sure its the same for numerous fans living some distance away. I never expected any recompense for the games I missed, kind of saw it as supporting the cause but having said that surely its better for an unused season ticket to get reallocated and getting more bums on seats. The £10 voucher is an interesting angle, just to add to that debate, a £10 voucher buys very little in the club shop so the recipient is very likely to add to the voucher and spend more so the club isnt necessarily losing out financially by issuing such a voucher.

Since90+2
06-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Its a fair debate and people from both sides of the debate are making fair points worth considering. Personally Im not a season ticket holder this season due to personal circumstances meaning my visits this season are a bit limited but previously Ive had a season ticket even though I only made a dozen games or so, Im sure its the same for numerous fans living some distance away. I never expected any recompense for the games I missed, kind of saw it as supporting the cause but having said that surely its better for an unused season ticket to get reallocated and getting more bums on seats. The £10 voucher is an interesting angle, just to add to that debate, a £10 voucher buys very little in the club shop so the recipient is very likely to add to the voucher and spend more so the club isnt necessarily losing out financially by issuing such a voucher.

Or it's a voucher that can be redeemed when spending £50 or so.

I can see both sides of the arguement and I'm sure the club will be able to come up with something that suits everyone.

Aaron
06-03-2018, 09:42 PM
I've just went and bought someones seat in the East that was released. It did not give me an option to print at home. Anyone know it they post it out to you or do you collect?

RyeSloan
06-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Good to see a simple scheme pit in place for this to happen.

As for incentives, probably not needed but if there is to be one then why not to a ‘good cause’ rather than directly back to the season ticket holder. Could be a couple of quid per ticket but given to the kids teams as lump sum at the end of each season to help pay for their training or kits or as some else said to KfK or the like...that way everyone who has given back a resold ticket will see a tangible benefit on top of the club getting extra revenue.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Tweak this idea and offer a percentage off next seasons season ticket for every ticket you release.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Tweak this idea and offer a percentage off next seasons season ticket for every ticket you release.

Again the club loses revenue.

Why are so many happy to see the club with less money?

No ‘reward’ = maximum profit for hibs = more finances for players etc

Hermit Crab
06-03-2018, 10:23 PM

You've already paid for the seat through a ST. The club are getting double the money for one seat so even if they did offer a discount for a ST the following year I fail to see how they are losing money? They still make a profit on the seat. How can the club lose money on something thats already paid for?

O'Rourke3
06-03-2018, 10:32 PM
You've already paid for the seat through a ST. The club are getting double the money for one seat so even if they did offer a discount for a ST the following year I fail to see how they are losing money? They still make a profit on the seat. How can the club lose money on something thats already paid for?

I can think of a couple of ways. I pay my ST through Zebra. A Simple sets of predictable costs and charges per month

Hermit Crab
06-03-2018, 10:34 PM
I can think of a couple of ways. I pay my ST through Zebra. A Simple sets of predictable costs and charges per month

Do Zebra not cough up all the money to Hibs and claim it back off us - the punters through their DD scheme? I'm sure the club are paid in full.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-03-2018, 10:35 PM

:agree:

It's a good move, I've (surprisingly) not missed any games so far this season, but will no doubt have to miss some before long, so will use it in the future to free my seat up, and wouldn't want anything in return for giving up something I can't use.

Pete
06-03-2018, 10:35 PM
But at the same time, without the scheme the club would be getting no extra money so the club can’t “lose” anything by offering a small incentive.

FWIW I’m just playing devils advocate and can see both sides.

Not In The Know
06-03-2018, 10:39 PM
The harsh reality is the main way we can maximise revenues is through ticket sales and the fans. Wanting the club to benefit imho is as good an incentive as anything.

You could look at it like - folk want money back for not going to a match, meanwhile that bunch over the road are in some cases paying to go to a match twice with FOH payments.

The club need every penny we can give them if we want them to be consistently better than the Motherwells, Killies, St Johnstone’s etc. And to at least match or better the dons and jumbos. Not forgetting any hope of taking a few bigoted scalps on the way.

O'Rourke3
06-03-2018, 10:49 PM

I can think of a couple of ways. I pay my ST through Zebra. A simple sets of predictable costs and charges percent month. Now those costs could be far less predictable because of the number of Cat A games where a repayment benefit may be applied. The club already cover the cost of the finance and I think this would increase. Second is administrating or managing the vouchers electronic or otherwise. So the free 28 quid may be substantially less and make the voluntary scheme unworkable. The losers are the club as there is a smaller support at the game. I'm missing my second home derby due to work commitments and if I didn't free the ticket there's a space where a supporter could be. I'm not actually losing money and the alternative is the club to give these as way for free. How does that go with the people who paid for the available tickets for sale? I'm not suggesting you are in the next group but the "I'm a season tickets holder I should get some perks" group I'd put in the same group as old firm supporters who feel they should get 50000 tickets for Hampden due to the number of STs they have a the club because they 'support' Scottish Football when all they've done is make sure they have a ticket for the home games.

O'Rourke3
06-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Do Zebra not cough up all the money to Hibs and claim it back off us - the punters through their DD scheme? I'm sure the club are paid in full.

Not sure how my unfinished response got posted...

My_Wife_Camille
06-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Some of the replies on here are frightening but sadly indicative of the ‘what’s in it for me’ culture that seems to dominate society these days.

I’ll be happy to participate towards this scheme if I can’t make a game. I wouldn’t ask anything from a mate if they borrowed my ticket and I wouldn’t ask anything from Hibs either.

Sometimes it’s possible to just make a contribution or gesture that might help someone else, (especially one like this that literally costs you nothing) instead of seeing everything as opportunity to gain something yourself :rolleyes:

bunch of Torys

Rocky
06-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Fully agree. Finally support for this side of the argument. I previously argued these points and was readily beaten back with sarcastic comments on how I’m such a good person etc etc!

At the end of the day it’s no sacrifice to release your unused ticket and in effect donate it back to the club, and he incentive should be knowing you are contributing to the continued success of the club.

No you weren't - there was a similar split on that thread of people who thought there should be an incentive and people (like me) who are happy to release their seats for free so the club can 'double sell' the ticket. You just refused to accept the opposing viewpoint then as now.

I don't think there should be an incentive but the club needs to make a simple business decision - if an incentive leads to an increase in released seats such that the increase in revenue outweighs the cost of the incentive then they should offer the incentive. Perhaps with an opt out for those of us who don't want the incentive.

If they do go down the incentive route then club shop vouchers are a good way to do it - if a £10 voucher encourages someone into shop who then spends £30 the actual net cost of the incentive may be minimal.

Nakedmanoncrack
06-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Some of the replies on here are frightening but sadly indicative of the ‘what’s in it for me’ culture that seems to dominate society these days.

I’ll be happy to participate towards this scheme if I can’t make a game. I wouldn’t ask anything from a mate if they borrowed my ticket and I wouldn’t ask anything from Hibs either.

Sometimes it’s possible to just make a contribution or gesture that might help someone else, (especially one like this that literally costs you nothing) instead of seeing everything as opportunity to gain something yourself :rolleyes:

bunch of Torys

:agree:

Speedy
06-03-2018, 11:16 PM

Not really, adding an incentive is likely to increase the volume of tickets released so will increase revenue. Look at carrier bags - charge 5p and usage drops drastically.

Personally I wouldn't be bothered about a reward (and I don't currently have a season ticket so wouldn't impact me anyway) but I do think something back is a good idea. As per other posters, a voucher is likely to be spent on extra purchases so the club wins again.

The major drawback is the admin cost/effort. If vouchers aren't a go'er then maybe, say, 10% into your online account for future ticket purchases.

monktonharp
07-03-2018, 02:23 AM
good to see the club trying this. some will expect something in return but a trial period is good.

percy veer
07-03-2018, 03:16 AM
Not really, adding an incentive is likely to increase the volume of tickets released so will increase revenue. Look at carrier bags - charge 5p and usage drops drastically.

Personally I wouldn't be bothered about a reward (and I don't currently have a season ticket so wouldn't impact me anyway) but I do think something back is a good idea. As per other posters, a voucher is likely to be spent on extra purchases so the club wins again.

The major drawback is the admin cost/effort. If vouchers aren't a go'er then maybe, say, 10% into your online account for future ticket purchases.

im not bothered about incentives, what about £5 off a £50 spend in the shop still money going into the club

InchHibby
07-03-2018, 05:58 AM

You have to remember, most people are buying their season ticket not knowing which day or time some of the games will be played. I buy mine in the hope I’ll be able to attend all, but circumstances change.
Why not receive a payback if you give your seat back, better than it lying empty and if you don’t want a payback, then just tell them.

we are hibs
07-03-2018, 06:35 AM
Are people seriously saying that when they can't make a game, they'd rather there seat lay empty than give it up to another hibs fan when it's going to be empty anyway for the sake of a tenner? surely the more money the club makes, the more fans in the ground the better?

Speedy
07-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Are people seriously saying that when they can't make a game, they'd rather there seat lay empty than give it up to another hibs fan when it's going to be empty anyway for the sake of a tenner? surely the more money the club makes, the more fans in the ground the better?

No, I don't think anyone has said that.

However, a small incentive could be the nudge required for people to release seats.

At the moment people may a) keep the ticket in case a friend wants it b) keep the ticket in case their circumstances change c) either forget to release it last minute if a or b don't or happen or release it that late that it isn't sold.

I also think most people juat haven't given it a second thought. In fairness, the scheme should do that to some extent as is.

The Spaceman
07-03-2018, 08:02 AM
No, I don't think anyone has said that.

However, a small incentive could be the nudge required for people to release seats.

At the moment people may a) keep the ticket in case a friend wants it b) keep the ticket in case their circumstances change c) either forget to release it last minute if a or b don't or happen or release it that late that it isn't sold.

I also think most people juat haven't given it a second thought. In fairness, the scheme should do that to some extent as is.

I agree. If I knew I would get £10 back for giving up my seat I'd do it in a heartbeat if there was a doubt I'd be at the game. Club still makes £15 on a seat that has already been bought for the season. It is a win-win for all, otherwise I would just keep my seat to see if there was even a 1% chance I might end up going or a mate would take it.

Jack
07-03-2018, 08:04 AM
It wasn't so long ago the club was regularly lambasted for squeezing every penny they could out the supporters. You could fill a book with the how tight is Petrie jokes!

By sharing the benefit of a resold ticket the goodwill between the supporter and the club is maintained.

And anyone not putting their ticket up for resell as some sort of protest would be cutting off their nose to spite their face!

calumhibee1
07-03-2018, 09:01 AM
Say I return my ticket for a sold out game. Hibs will sell that ticket for £30 (presumably about the price of a category A ticket?) If they gave me a £10 voucher they’re still making £20 more than they would if I didn’t. Then throw in the fact that the £10 voucher will be spent on an item costing £10 in the shop but cost Hibs maybe £6 or so? Or even better, I don’t find anything in the shop that I’d want for a tenner but I do see a polo shirt for £30 and buy that instead. Hibs are still making £20 profit that they wouldn’t have made if I didn’t return my ticket plus whatever profit from the item I buy in the shop and fans who couldn’t get tickets get to go to the game and hopefully want to come back for the next game and I’m getting to go and get merchandise in the shop.

Can people really not understand why it would be a good idea for Hibs to go ahead with this?

Steven79
07-03-2018, 09:04 AM
I've just put 3 tickets on the exchange for the game on Friday as I'm unable to make it.

calumhibee1
07-03-2018, 09:08 AM

The only way the club would lose money is if they gave all or nearly all of the single match ticket price back to the ST holder which as far as I can see nobody expects to happen.

Postman
07-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Really hard to understand why people feel they deserve to get some financial incentive to hand over what will be an unused ticket to the club to sell again. This is not like Ryanair or Easyjet asking you to notify them that you won't be using your seat on a flight to allow them to sell it again and increase their profits. This is our club simply asking our supporters if they can not make the game to allow another Hibs fan to get along, improve the atmosphere, increase income and as a result increase the budget available to the manager to keep the club moving in the right direction. I would always expect fans to give (or sell) their ticket to a friend or family in the first instance but if there are no takers and the seat is going to sit empty then surely the right thing to do is take the two mins to notify the club its free. Should the club in future decide that they will offer some small incentive (surely no more than a fiver and in the case of the £25 season tickets £1) then fair play to them. This should not be the reason people do this though.

IGRIGI
07-03-2018, 09:15 AM
If the club could put a little extra into Neil's budget that would be enough incentive for me.

calumhibee1
07-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Really hard to understand why people feel they deserve to get some financial incentive to hand over what will be an unused ticket to the club to sell again. This is not like Ryanair or Easyjet asking you to notify them that you won't be using your seat on a flight to allow them to sell it again and increase their profits. This is our club simply asking our supporters if they can not make the game to allow another Hibs fan to get along, improve the atmosphere, increase income and as a result increase the budget available to the manager to keep the club moving in the right direction. I would always expect fans to give (or sell) their ticket to a friend or family in the first instance but if there are no takers and the seat is going to sit empty then surely the right thing to do is take the two mins to notify the club its free. Should the club in future decide that they will offer some small incentive (surely no more than a fiver and in the case of the £25 season tickets £1) then fair play to them. This should not be the reason people do this though.

Because if Hibs offer an incentive then Hibs get something, the fan giving up their ticket gets something and the fan who ends up buying the ticket gets something. Meanwhile, Hibs are selling the equivalent of more than the capacity of the stadiums worth of tickets for the game.

Fair enough Hibs COULD keep all the money for themselves and I wouldn’t have any real issue if they did. But it’s not hard to see why it would maybe be a good idea if all three parties involved could benefit rather than just two.

They could even make the £10 shop voucher or whatever the incentive would be something you can opt out of when releasing your ticket if you’d rather Hibs just kept all the money.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Thats true Billy. I just have difficulty believing folk would be so fussy about getting a fiver back rather than letting Hibs improve the squad.

It's hard to believe that people walk through supermarket car parks dropping their groceries because they didn't want to part with 5p for a carrier bag.

It's hard to believe that there are adults who have concession season tickets that they're not entitled to and even harder to believe that there are folk who sell on their free kicks for kids tickets.

Hibs have to approach this issue with a business head on, not an emotional one.

It would be wonderful if everyone felt the same as you, but they don't. There are loads of seats are empty every week. An incentive will encourage people to release them and, as a result, Hibs will benefit.

Johnny Clash
07-03-2018, 09:31 AM
I can’t make all games coz I live in London so I’ll release my seat. Even if a game isn’t sold out - it gives a fellow Hibby the chance of a decent seat.

I’m not sure how much a difference this new system will make as I just email the club which just takes seconds. It’s already easy to release seats yet you always see loads of empties at ‘sold out’ games’

Let’s see if this solves that problem and if not I don’t mind the idea of trialing a voucher scheme for the Hibs shop next season. Even a £5 for the shop might make a difference. That way the club would generate much more money for he team if we are able to re-sell the seat.

Steven79
07-03-2018, 09:35 AM
I can’t make all games coz I live in London so I’ll release my seat. Even if a game isn’t sold out - it gives a fellow Hibby the chance of a decent seat.

I’m not sure how much a difference this new system will make as I just email the club which just takes seconds. It’s already easy to release seats yet you always see loads of empties at ‘sold out’ games’

Let’s see if this solves that problem and if not I don’t mind the idea of trialing a voucher scheme for the Hibs shop next season. Even a £5 for the shop might make a difference. That way the club would generate much more money for he team if we are able to re-sell the seat.

Huddersfield give you £5 off the season ticket for next season for every game that you put up for sale which I think is pretty good and gives an incentive to release tickets and the club makes more money in the process.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Huddersfield give you £5 off the season ticket for next season for every game that you put up for sale which I think is pretty good and gives an incentive to release tickets and the club makes more money in the process.

That’s ok if every game in the home end is a sell out, which I presume in the Premier league is

Steven79
07-03-2018, 09:40 AM
That’s ok if every game in the home end is a sell out, which I presume in the Premier league is

They only go on sale if the game is sold out and you only get the money if the ticket is actually sold.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2018, 09:43 AM
They only go on sale if the game is sold out and you only get the money if the ticket is actually sold.

That’s very kind of them, when they get £100million from TV, Hibs don’t!

Not having a go at you, just can’t compare EPL with Scottish Premiership

Stick
07-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Glad the club have started this, a win win situation for all parties.
As for compensation I can see both sides. Would a good compromise not be to add two more buttons on the, release seat, page. One would say"please donate my refund of £x amount to the hibs playing fund". The other would say "please discount my next years season ticket by £x amount.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if this new system resulted in hibs reporting attendances of 23 or 24 thousand, especially when our friends down the road can't even sell out there new stand.

Gatecrasher
07-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Hibs said they would consider a benefit for supporters if the scheme works out, I don't understand what the problem is?

Steven79
07-03-2018, 09:48 AM
That’s very kind of them, when they get £100million from TV, Hibs don’t!

Not having a go at you, just can’t compare EPL with Scottish Premiership

The club aren't losing any money out of the deal infact gain money and people are more likely to put the ticket up for sale rather than it lying empty.

Also a child seat could be sold as an adult on the exchange which is even more money.

The club get to sell a ticket for full price for a game that is already sold out and you get £5 back onto the price of the season ticket next season so who loses out?

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Is it likely that more people would release their seats if there was a small incentive?

Steven79
07-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Is it likely that more people would release their seats if there was a small incentive?

I've purchased a few tickets for Huddersfield Town this season (I currently live in Bradford) and a few days before the game plenty of seats have popped up even for games against Manchester United & Liverpool.

So their system does work and they have very few spare seats at the ground.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 09:57 AM
No you weren't - there was a similar split on that thread of people who thought there should be an incentive and people (like me) who are happy to release their seats for free so the club can 'double sell' the ticket. You just refused to accept the opposing viewpoint then as now.

I don't think there should be an incentive but the club needs to make a simple business decision - if an incentive leads to an increase in released seats such that the increase in revenue outweighs the cost of the incentive then they should offer the incentive. Perhaps with an opt out for those of us who don't want the incentive.

If they do go down the incentive route then club shop vouchers are a good way to do it - if a £10 voucher encourages someone into shop who then spends £30 the actual net cost of the incentive may be minimal.

Just one of the sarcastic responses in reply to me saying if the club were to offer an incentive I would offer to donate it back to the club or opt out of the incentive:-

You're a star.

If only everyone was like you.

But, the reality is they're not.

Others also said similar... yes I stood strong for my opinion on this matter but sometimes there IS a right way to do things and as a few people have pointed out in this thread the ‘what’s in it for me’ attitude is just an example of society these days.

I keep pointing out how hibs would lose out on revenue and have been questioned as to how... they way I see it, if hibs offer any cash back/discount/recompense then they are losing THAT specific revenue... it may be a hypothetical revenue until it happens but I see as if hibs do not make 100% of the money from any ST release scheme then they are losing money.

Hawick hibee
07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Let's look at it logically, the club again are trying to be forward thinking, they are certainly listening to the fans with this TRIAL.
I for one think it's a great idea keep the stadium at its fullest.
Season ticket holders are vital to the clubs running and their cash is very much an indication of budgets for seasons coming. Let's not start a debate in I go to more games than you if your a season ticket holder and only get to half the games then hats of for buying and supporting the club. In life nowadays more things pop up and that may be a reason you can't make a match.
I think that whilst it is a TRIAL then no incentive for allowing the club to re-sell the seat should be in place, this hasn't been in place before and the club need to see if and how it works.
Maybe as a token gesture if it is a success then along with renewing your season ticket next year you get a £20 (or some other amount) voucher for the shop if you freed up your ticket and it was purchased.
By doing this most of us spend more than that in the shop so would we would add money to any purchase in there, that way the club get in extra money.
Then as stated by the club if successful then some sort of incentive will be in place to reimburse those who gave up their seat when they can't make it.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 10:01 AM
I've purchased a few tickets for Huddersfield Town this season (I currently live in Bradford) and a few days before the game plenty of seats have popped up even for games against Manchester United & Liverpool.

So their system does work and they have very few spare seats at the ground.

Really?

I live in York and I play golf with a Huddersfield season ticket holder. I didn't think it was possible to get a ticket.

Do you use their official site?

Steven79
07-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Really?

I live in York and I play golf with a Huddersfield season ticket holder. I didn't think it was possible to get a ticket.

Do you use their official site?

Yeah I use the official site and managed to get tickets for any game that I've wanted to attend (With a bit of persistence) I nearly purchased a season ticket but decided against it and it would probably have been cheaper as at £30 a game.....

Johnny Clash
07-03-2018, 10:18 AM

I think so but let’s see how this trial works. Maybe they don’t release seats because it’s too much effort to make a phone call or send an email but they’ll happily log in then release their seat(s) ?

I suspect we’ll need to add some incentive to the ticket exchange scheme next season.

dangermouse
07-03-2018, 11:19 AM
That’s still £10 less for the club...

No it's not. You would only get whatever the incentive was if your ticket was sold

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
No it's not. You would only get whatever the incentive was if your ticket was sold

And if your ticket sells and £10 goes in your pocket instead of the clubs....?

It’s not rocket science!

SouthMoroccoStu
07-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Exactly.

If anything it's £18+ more for the club

Your seat is already filled as far as they know, Hibs get the money at the start of the season

If you get a £5/£10 voucher, I think it would encourage people to go to the shop more often. And generally, I tend to buy more than 1 thing when I'm in.

It would probably encourage the majority of us to buy more

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Exactly.

Your seat is already filled as far as they know, Hibs get the money at the start of the season

If you get a £5/£10 voucher, I think it would encourage people to go to the shop more often. And generally, I tend to buy more than 1 thing when I'm in.

I’ll try and make this as straight forward as I can.

Would you prefer the club makes £28 or £18?

Forget the process of returning your seat and all that. Just look at the financial side of this arrangement.

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Exactly.

Something like a 5 pound voucher for the shop would seem about right I think.

EH54
07-03-2018, 11:51 AM
I see positives from both, Personally I don't want anything for my ticket If i can't go and none of my Friends and Family can't make it then Hibs can do what they like with my ticket, If we were offered a £5/£10 Voucher per sell out game then I suppose many may use that for the new Hibs top or something else that's going to cost more then the voucher worth which generates more money too. Hibs have already said this will only be in place for High profile games where needed and only if they manage to re sell / sell out the ground. Which i can't seem to think will be very often since most of us buy a ST for the big games like Hearts Aberdeen Rangers Celtic etc, What ever Hibs do i'll be happy with Voucher nothing doesn't bother me I'm just glad they are making it easier to release your ticket for big games. Another step in the right direction Love supporting Hibs right now!

Since90+2
07-03-2018, 11:51 AM

Forget the process of returning your seat and all that. Just look at the financial side of this arrangement.

The club does not lose any money , it's simply a question of how much additional profit they make.

Hibs Fraggle
07-03-2018, 11:54 AM
£5 shop voucher if your released ticket is sold on? I think that would be fair, Hibs make money selling the ticket on and in the sales (Which will inevitably have us spending more than the voucher amount).

Good effort Hibs for putting this in place - I'd be happy to release with/without incentive to be honest, but any excuse to spend money in the shop is welcome :aok:

calumhibee1
07-03-2018, 11:59 AM

You’re not doing a very good job of making it straight forward. The club can not lose money they don’t have. If incentives lead to people giving the club their ticket to sell on and Hibs make £18 for it then Hibs have MADE more money, not lost money.

Your logic is a bit like me saying I’ve lost all my Euromillions winnings when I’ve never even won it in the first place.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 12:01 PM
The club does not lose any money , it's simply a question of how much additional profit they make.

So making less money is not what you would consider a loss of profit?

lucky
07-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Just released my ticket in the East, can’t attend due to work commitments

Johnny Clash
07-03-2018, 12:08 PM

I think we all would say £28 mate. However an unreleased seat makes £0.
The big question is ‘how do we get those unused seats released?’

If it takes a voucher to act as an incentive then we would go from the club making £0 to £18 or £23 depending on value of voucher.

I think our club is handling this properly. Let’s create another easy method to encourage the release of seats. If that doesn’t resolve the problem then let’s look at incentives. Maybe start vouchers at £5 then review impact that has.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 12:25 PM
I think we all would say £28 mate. However an unreleased seat makes £0.
The big question is ‘how do we get those unused seats released?’

If it takes a voucher to act as an incentive then we would go from the club making £0 to £18 or £23 depending on value of voucher.

I think our club is handling this properly. Let’s create another easy method to encourage the release of seats. If that doesn’t resolve the problem then let’s look at incentives. Maybe start vouchers at £5 then review impact that has.

Agreed, but there are some on here and on other social media platforms that have expressed that they would rather their seat sat empty than give their seat back to the club for no return, it’s those people who I am trying to appeal to.

Beefster
07-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Agreed, but there are some on here and on other social media platforms that have expressed that they would rather their seat sat empty than give their seat back to the club for no return, it’s those people who I am trying to appeal to.

And probably the best way to appeal to them is to offer some sort of small incentive for them to release the seat.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Your maths is a little simple and short sighted

As other posters say, how much does that club make from an unreleased empty seat?

A £5 voucher for the shop won't get you every far but would it encourage you to go to the shop and buy?

A small incentive (reward) goes along way in people's minds and can build a greater relationship with supporters.

How many extra people (who can't attend every home game) would buy a season ticket on the idea of supporting the club, using the seat when they can, and getting a voucher for the club shop or the next seasons ticket. Or saving them up and buying a ticket for an absent friend, they then come back to the club.

We're talking shop vouchers here, not actual money.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 01:05 PM

You're overly simplifying it.

Giving an incentive will increase the number of tickets release.

If that means 100 tickets sold at "£18" rather than 50 at £28 then it's a good move.

You're also forgetting that the £18 isn't really £18. Some vouchers will never be spent and with many of those that are, people will end up spending another £30 in the shop that they never would've spent if they didn't have the voucher.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Interesting to see my hypotheticals being fought with other hypotheticals...

Rocky
07-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Just one of the sarcastic responses in reply to me saying if the club were to offer an incentive I would offer to donate it back to the club or opt out of the incentive:-

Others also said similar... yes I stood strong for my opinion on this matter but sometimes there IS a right way to do things and as a few people have pointed out in this thread the ‘what’s in it for me’ attitude is just an example of society these days.

I keep pointing out how hibs would lose out on revenue and have been questioned as to how... they way I see it, if hibs offer any cash back/discount/recompense then they are losing THAT specific revenue... it may be a hypothetical revenue until it happens but I see as if hibs do not make 100% of the money from any ST release scheme then they are losing money.

You'd be a lot less susceptible to sarcastic responses if you at least attempted to take on board the well reasoned arguments that many have made that an incentive scheme could actually help to maximise net profits.

I'm on the same side as you in that I don't need or want an incentive scheme to release my seat, and I have done on several occasions using the email method, but it's clear that there are a proportion of people who would be more likely to do so if they had an incentive. Whether I agree with that stance or not is immaterial, it's a factor the club needs to take into account when considering the best way to maximise net profit.

Hibs4185
07-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Just got a ticket on the exchange part of the eticketing system. That’s extra revenue for the club which is amazing and the system seems to work pretty well given its brand new.

It’s a little bit confusing and annoying with all the different sections but it does work and will only get better.

Well done Hibs for listening to the fans and make this hibee very happy indeed!

Jack
07-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Does this mean we're not filling in the corners?

07-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Makes sense, amazed this hasn't been in place sooner tbh. Frees up more tickets for folk who can go so no empty ST seats and creates a wee bit extra cash for the club. Hopefully all ST holders unable to attend do this, takes 2 minutes and will benefit other fellow supporters and the club.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I'm on the same side as you in that I don't need or want an incentive scheme to release my seat, and I have done on several occasions using the email method, but it's clear that there are a proportion of people who would be more likely to do so if they had an incentive. Whether I agree with that stance or not is immaterial, it's a factor the club needs to take into account when considering the best way to maximise net profit.

Could be a good way round that

a simple tick box indicates if you do or do not want to receive a voucher for releasing your seat

Some will, some won't but you get a choice either way

WhileTheChief..
07-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Folk getting their knickers in a twist over what will amount to a few quid to the club over a season!

There’s isnt going to be hundreds or thousands of fans doing this, it’ll be a handful at most.

A few extra tenners or £16 or £18 or whatever won’t make much difference to the squad that Lennon can put together!!

Geo_1875
07-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Will they be introducing a ticket release scheme for Away ST holders? Might be a couple more tickets available for Ibrox if they do.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 02:02 PM

It's all fairly basic stuff, the price/reward of something impacts the take up of that something.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Will they be introducing a ticket release scheme for Away ST holders? Might be a couple more tickets available for Ibrox if they do.

This is a joke isn't it?

lucky
07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
With these tickets being resold does this mean Hibs will announce and even bigger home gate than the capacity of the ground😂

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 02:26 PM
It's all fairly basic stuff, the price/reward of something impacts the take up of that something.

Exactly. I’m just strongly on the side of zero impact on the club’s potential revenue.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Exactly. I’m just strongly on the side of zero impact on the club’s potential revenue.

Having some sort of incentive is just as likely to increase revenue.

Keith_M
07-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Jeez, it seems no matter what the club do, some people will argue about it endlessly.

:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Jeez, it seems no matter what the club do, some people will argue about it endlessly.

Tend to agree seems a good and positive idea dont really see the need for endless debate. A short trial period and then will be reviewed lets see how it goes.

My_Wife_Camille
07-03-2018, 03:26 PM
You'd be a lot less susceptible to sarcastic responses if you at least attempted to take on board the well reasoned arguments that many have made that an incentive scheme could actually help to maximise net profits.

This is true but the initial posts that black sheep replied too certainly didn’t have the tone of people who were looking for ways to maximise net profit, rather they appeared to just be concerned about how they could benefit from it.

The idea that vouchers etc might actually be beneficial to the club in the long term just seemed to be an afterthought. Im sorry but the fist few posts suggesting it were clearly not brainstorming ideas to help the club generate more income

Hibs4185
07-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Say for arguements sake and the maths a bit easier that there is 1000 unoccupied seats at a sold out game. 500 get returned and resold at £28. That’s £14,000 extra for the club. 6 games against the huns, mini huns and Celtic that’s £84,000 per annum extra for the club with just a few clicks of a button.

I don’t think there needs to be an incentive as hopefully fans realise it’s in the benefit of the club but say a voucher of £10 off if you spend £30 or similar. Your total spend in the shop will be £20 but guaranteed the club will still make £5 on the merchandise sale too.

They might loose £10 income in the shop but they’ve made an extra £28 on the resold ticket and £5 in the shop. So £33 in total!

Hope you followed that!!

Geo_1875
07-03-2018, 03:53 PM
This is a joke isn't it?

Glad someone noticed.

Gatecrasher
07-03-2018, 04:03 PM
If anything is given back it would need to be relative to the season ticket being made available, for example a kids ticket being given released would be less of a benefit than an adult one. This will stop people ripping the club off.

JimboHibs
07-03-2018, 04:08 PM

There's never this much drama on the Bounce,is it a .Net thing

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 04:09 PM
This is true but the initial posts that black sheep replied too certainly didn’t have the tone of people who were looking for ways to maximise net profit, rather they appeared to just be concerned about how they could benefit from it.

The idea that vouchers etc might actually be beneficial to the club in the long term just seemed to be an afterthought. Im sorry but the fist few posts suggesting it were clearly not brainstorming ideas to help the club generate more income

Cheers for the backup 👍🏻

MKHIBEE
07-03-2018, 04:31 PM

They don't deserve anything. If they can't attend the game that is not the clubs fault so why should the club lose out on things like vouchers etc. Nonsense.I buy a season ticket to support my club. With work and travel costs my attendances are very limited. I'm not asking or expecting the club to give me anything in return for surrendering my seat. I will give up my seat if games are going to be sold out but if there are some who don't then that's their choice, they have paid for the seat and have the right to do as they wish

Sent from my B3-A40FHD using Tapatalk

Rocky
07-03-2018, 04:33 PM

Not sure why you've quoted me in that post when I've clearly said I don't agree with needing an incentive to release my seat. My point is clearly about his failure to attempt to understand the well articulated posts of a number of people who HAVE been talking about the potential net benefit to the club of an incentive scheme.

Alex Trager
07-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Tend to agree seems a good and positive idea dont really see the need for endless debate. A short trial period and then will be reviewed lets see how it goes.

There is 100% need for a lengthy debate about it!

[emoji6]

sadtom
07-03-2018, 05:03 PM
It is really frustrating seeing lots of empty seats when you know there are people looking for a ticket.
I really hope this goes someway to remedying this problem. Though TBH i have my doubts. Even if it is simplified i still think there are dozens (at least) who wont bother releasing their seats. Dont know why,maybe just laziness.
On this occasion i've got 2 pals looking for tickets. They ballsed it up thinking the other was going to get tickets and ended up without.
I thought Hibs were using a waiting list for any returns...but apparently not.

As there is no waiting list, can anyone explain how people know when seats are released? Do you just have to keep checking online?
Any info would be appreciated so i can tell my 2 pals what they should do to try and get one of the returns.
Cheers in advance.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 05:05 PM
I think it’s first come first served on the ticketing website... anyone correct me if I’m wrong

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Something like a 5 pound voucher for the shop would seem about right I think.

Either that or £5 towards next year's ST.

My_Wife_Camille
07-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Not sure why you've quoted me in that post when I've clearly said I don't agree with needing an incentive to release my seat. My point is clearly about his failure to attempt to understand the well articulated posts of a number of people who HAVE been talking about the potential net benefit to the club of an incentive scheme.
I quoted you because I was replying to you

green day
07-03-2018, 05:42 PM

I saw the announcement, thought "thats a sensible idea, extra cash for the club etc" and have been out of circulation since.

Logged back on and............this mess.

It reminds me of the stupid debates about HSL "its a ponzi scheme" , "its lining Tom Farmers pockets"

Honest tae god I cant actually believe some of the total pish on here, people wanting paid / vouchers etc, unreal !!

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 05:43 PM

The Idea is to maximise Hibs' income.

An incentive scheme would undoubtedly increase the number of seats released.

It might even be encourage some folk to buy a season ticket in the first place.

I don't have a ticket because I live too far away, so there's nothing in it for me, but it seems a no brainer.

What it will affect, is folk who use other people's tickets for free. If you're going to get something back, you'll be more likely to give it to Hibs rather than your mate and I speak as someone who has benefited from exactly that.

Hibs should trial both systems. First, don't offer an incentive, then try offering one and see which is more beneficial. It's a no lose trial.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 05:56 PM
The difficulty I have right now is understanding the position of those who are commenting that think an incentive will maximise the amount of people who will return unused season tickets, who don’t quite realise that what they are actually saying is ‘even though I am aware of how easy it is to return my season ticket I want something in return’.

As you are all aware of this scheme right now and some of you are still arguing for a ‘reward’ I return for helping the club make more money.

It’s like volunteering at a fund raiser but expecting to be paid!! You are there to help raise money but want a little back for your efforts!

Speedy
07-03-2018, 05:57 PM

Obviously different ways of interpretting posts but I thought the first page or so had far too many obstructive posts putting words in people's mouths.

Someone made a reasonable point (one which aligns with other similar schemes) and suddenly the thread is 'sadly indicative of a what's in it for me culture'.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 05:58 PM
The Idea is to maximise Hibs' income.

An incentive scheme would undoubtedly increase the number of seats released.

It might even be encourage some folk to buy a season ticket in the first place.

I don't have a ticket because I live too far away, so there's nothing in it for me, but it seems a no brainer.

What it will affect, is folk who use other people's tickets for free. If you're going to get something back, you'll be more likely to give it to Hibs rather than your mate and I speak as someone who has benefited from exactly that.

Hibs should trial both systems. First, don't offer an incentive, then try offering one and see which is more beneficial. It's a no lose trial.

Spot on.

Try both, see what works best and go with that.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 06:03 PM
The difficulty I have right now is understanding the position of those who are commenting that think an incentive will maximise the amount of people who will return unused season tickets, who don’t quite realise that what they are actually saying is ‘even though I am aware of how easy it is to return my season ticket I want something in return’.

As you are all aware of this scheme right now and some of you are still arguing for a ‘reward’ I return for helping the club make more money.

It’s like volunteering at a fund raiser but expecting to be paid!! You are there to help raise money but want a little back for your efforts!

It's nothing like that at all.

Hibbyradge and I have both said offering a small incentive could be beneficial to Hibs.

Neither of us have season tickets, both have benefitted by getting tickets from mates and quite possibly wouldn't if an incentive was in place. There's no agenda.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Obviously different ways of interpretting posts but I thought the first page or so had far too many obstructive posts putting words in people's mouths.

Someone made a reasonable point (one which aligns with other similar schemes) and suddenly the thread is 'sadly indicative of a what's in it for me culture'.

As many will be quick to point out, the comparison between any SPL team (bar Celtic) and an English top tier team offering incentives is mute as they get tens if not hundreds of millions per season in TV money and sell out most home games so are in need of such an incentive to accommodate those fans that find it very fmdofficult to find a ticket and have no need for the extra income.... we on the other hand, like every Scottish club, are a few bad seasons away from potential financial crisis.

This is a statement of fact not conjecture... yet so many fans still want something in return despite this fact... yet it is those who are for hibs 100% retaining resold profit who are chastised.... this is why is indicative of the ‘what’s in it for me’ culture we clearly live in these days!

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:09 PM
It's nothing like that at all.

Hibbyradge and I have both said offering a small incentive could be beneficial to Hibs.

Neither of us have season tickets, both have benefitted by getting tickets from mates and quite possibly wouldn't if an incentive was in place. There's no agenda.

Your argument is that hypothetically more fans would release their tickets if they were offered an incentive...

My argument is that if they are aware of the easy process then why should they need an incentive other than to help hibs make more money?

ST holders passing their ticket to friends or family for free is no different to the club than the actual ST holder attending! It’s only if the seat is to sit vacant that we can help maximise income.

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Your argument is that hypothetically more fans would release their tickets if they were offered an incentive...

My argument is that if they are aware of the easy process then why should they need an incentive other than to help hibs make more money?

ST holders passing their ticket to friends or family for free is no different to the club than the actual ST holder attending! It’s only if the seat is to sit vacant that we can help maximise income.

Why don’t we just see how the trial goes? If it works and the club are happy then great. If it doesn’t work then they will have to look at other options, which may be offering a small incentive to encourage more take-up.

ancient hibee
07-03-2018, 06:19 PM
I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if this has been done to death.It seems to me that the choice is simple.Either the club makes £28 extra if there’s no incentive or maybe £23 extra plus perhaps an extra sale in the shop if the incentive was a voucher to spend there.Either way it’s a no brainier and if someone doesn’t want to use the voucher they don’t have to.The club can’t lose.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:24 PM
I haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if this has been done to death.It seems to me that the choice is simple.Either the club makes £28 extra if there’s no incentive or maybe £23 extra plus perhaps an extra sale in the shop if the incentive was a voucher to spend there.Either way it’s a no brainier and if someone doesn’t want to use the voucher they don’t have to.The club can’t lose.

Yes true, but this is based on the hypothetic scenario that this voucher actually encourages a bigger spend in the shop. I don’t tend to spend more in a shop just because I have a voucher, I find that it only enables me to save some money on an already intended purchase. The only time I end up spending money in a store that I did not intend to spend is when the voucher is for a store I don’t usually or never shop in. I don’t this is the case with the Hibs clubstore.

Therefor the voucher incentive allows me to save ‘£5’ and the club makes ‘£5’ less on my purchase.

SRHibs
07-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Yes true, but this is based on the hypothetic scenario that this voucher actually encourages a bigger spend in the shop. I don’t tend to spend more in a shop just because I have a voucher, I find that it only enables me to save some money on an already intended purchase. The only time I end up spending money in a store that I did not intend to spend is when the voucher is for a store I don’t usually or never shop in. I don’t this is the case with the Hibs clubstore.

Therefor the voucher incentive allows me to save ‘£5’ and the club makes ‘£5’ less on my purchase.

Or if this was a fan who was incentivised by the scheme they make a minimum of an extra £23. I’ve not bought anything outside a scarf from the shop but if I had a voucher with a minimum spend clause I would be inclined to spend it.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:32 PM
As many will be quick to point out, the comparison between any SPL team (bar Celtic) and an English top tier team offering incentives is mute as they get tens if not hundreds of millions per season in TV money and sell out most home games so are in need of such an incentive to accommodate those fans that find it very fmdofficult to find a ticket and have no need for the extra income.... we on the other hand, like every Scottish club, are a few bad seasons away from potential financial crisis.

This is a statement of fact not conjecture... yet so many fans still want something in return despite this fact... yet it is those who are for hibs 100% retaining resold profit who are chastised.... this is why is indicative of the ‘what’s in it for me’ culture we clearly live in these days!

I assume you'll be waiting until after 6 April to buy your new season ticket and encouraging everyone else to do the same.

That's £20 extra for every adult and £50 more for everyone else, plus an extra 10% for cup games, if they unsefishly pass on the early bird incentive.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 06:33 PM

That post is entirely conjecture. The bottom line is that the clubs you mention want someone to do something, and they do it by incentivising them because it's proven to work (think 5p carrier bag charge or money back when recycling abroad).

And nobody is chastising those with the view that Hibs should take all the money (that may well be the best option), the objection is that you seem completely unwilling to take on anyone elses views and are instead painting them as selfish.

People have already said they would rather wait to see if a mate wants it or see if their circumstances change.

Other than that, you tell me. It's already possible to release tickets, some do but many don't. Why?

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Or if this was a fan who was incentivised by the scheme they make a minimum of an extra £23. I’ve not bought anything outside a scarf from the shop but if I had a voucher with a minimum spend clause I would be inclined to spend it.

I guess through all this debate we have pretty much narrowed this down to what seems like a fair incentive should one be needed, a voucher with a minimum spend for the club store.

Just out of interest, for those who feel an incentive would be needed for them to take the time to return their unused ST would be satisfied with this incentive and actually take part in this scheme?

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:35 PM

They might buy a ticket which has been released? I certainly would.

I don't only go to games that I can get into for nothing.

Johnny Clash
07-03-2018, 06:38 PM
It’s already very easy to release seats - but many seats remain empty during ‘sold out’ games.

So if a small incentive gets those seats occupied then great. Everyone benefits. Can’t see a problem - our club are handling this just fine. Well done Hibs!

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:40 PM
That post is entirely conjecture. The bottom line is that the clubs you mention want someone to do something, and they do it by incentivising them because it's proven to work (think 5p carrier bag charge or money back when recycling abroad).

And nobody is chastising those view the view that Hibs should take all the money (that may well be the best option), the objection is that you seem completely unwilling to take on anyone elses views and are instead painting them as selfish.

People have already said they would rather wait to see if a mate wants it or see if their circumstances change.

Other than that, you tell me. It's already possible to release tickets, some do but many don't. Why?

You’ve answered you own question in my quoted post!

Those who until this scheme has been released, knew how to return their ticket, by contacting the ticket office and letting them know. Those who were in the know and didn’t do it have their reasons, but some on here have said because it’s of no benefit to them, which IS selfish!

As for those waiting for friends or circumstances, this initiative can mean someone could decide at the 11th hour to return their ticket and then some lucky person could at the last minute buy it and enjoy the game, incentive or not, that shouldn’t change how one thinks about returning their ticket.... unless what you are saying is people are more likely to release their ticket for their own gain than wait for friends to get back to them or find out they can actually go.

WhileTheChief..
07-03-2018, 06:44 PM
The club shop has items on sale just now.

Absolute madness, that’s clear profit that they’re throwing away:greengrin

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:44 PM
They might buy a ticket which has been released? I certainly would.

I don't only go to games that I can get into for nothing.

Not sure what you are getting at here? I’m certainly not saying you would only go to ‘free’ matches.... I’m saying if this scheme continues, ST still can pass their tickets to friends in their absence, as on the whole it makes no difference to hibs who is sitting in the already paid for seat... if hibs expected those who couldn’t attend not to do this and cracked down on the passing of STs to friends then that wouldn’t be in the spirit of this process would it.... then they could be seen to be the greedy ones.

SRHibs
07-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Those who until this scheme has been released, knew how to return their ticket, by contacting the ticket office and letting them know. Those who were in the know and didn’t do it have their reasons, but some on here have said because it’s of no benefit to them, which IS selfish!

As for those waiting for friends or circumstances, this initiative can mean someone could decide at the 11th hour to return their ticket and then some lucky person could at the last minute buy it and enjoy the game, incentive or not, that shouldn’t change how one thinks about returning their ticket.... unless what you are saying is people are more likely to release their ticket for their own gain than wait for friends to get back to them or find out they can actually go.

Most haven’t explicitly said because it’s of no benefit to them. Think you’re taking things out of context. Personally I’d rather wait until I can find out for absolute certain that none of my friends or family can make use of the ticket.

Who has said they won’t bother releasing because there’s nothing in it for them? It’s understandable that people would rather have a friend occupying the seat as opposed to someone they don’t know.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:47 PM

You realise that passing your ST to a friend is against the T&C's of the ticket, and robs Hibs of money?

I'm surprised you support this.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
The club shop has items on sale just now.

Absolute madness, that’s clear profit that they’re throwing away:greengrin

Lol, reducing prices to get rid of stock in preparation for new stock or to clear out stock that isn’t selling well is not a good comparison frankly.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:48 PM
You realise that passing your ST to a friend is against the T&C's of the ticket, and robs Hibs of money?

I'm surprised you support this.

😂😂😂

Clutching at straws here I think!

I can’t remember the last time you actually answered a direct question from me Hibbyradge?

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Lol, reducing prices to get rid of stock in preparation for new stock or to clear out stock that isn’t selling well is not a good comparison frankly.

You didn't answer my point about the early bird incentive scheme which, following your logic, is robbing Hibs of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:51 PM
😂😂😂

I can’t remember the last time you actually answered a direct question from me Hibbyradge?

Have you asked me a direct question? :confused:

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:53 PM
😂😂😂

Season tickets are non transferable. If you pass your ticket to your mate, he/she doesn't pay Hibs anything.

If they didn't get the ST, they would have to buy a ticket.

Why is that ok with you?

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:54 PM
You didn't answer my point about the early bird incentive scheme which, following your logic, is robbing Hibs of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Of course not, I like many of you, have already renewed as the earlier we all renew or purchase the better position Hibs are in for the transfer window and offering new contracts... as the early bird scheme is there to achieve.

WhileTheChief..
07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
7 pages!

I think we all understood the scheme back on the first post of the thread.

I really don’t think the club are concerned about an extra few quid. It’s to try and let people get a ticket when they couldn’t have got one before.

Handing out a voucher or not seems completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

10 of us renewing our STs with the price increase of £25 will bring in more cash than this scheme ever will.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Of course not, I like many of you, have already renewed as the earlier we all renew or purchase the better position Hibs are in for the transfer window and offering new contracts... as the early bird scheme is there to achieve.

So you do understand incentives.

Just the ones that benefit you, though.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Season tickets are non transferable. If you pass your ticket to your mate, he/she doesn't pay Hibs anything.

If they didn't get the ST, they would have to buy a ticket.

Why is that ok with you?

Because the seat has been paid for already and will have a bum in that seat, hibs don’t really care who’s bum it is... As i have said time and time and time again, this argument only comes into play with seats that will remain empty!!!

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Because the seat has been paid for already and will have a bum in that seat, hibs don’t really care who’s bum it is... As i have said time and time and time again, this argument only comes into play with seats that will remain empty!!!

You're all over the place now.

Regardless of how many people are at a game, 8000 or 20000, if you give your ST to a mate, Hibs get nothing.

They would get the price of a ticket otherwise.

Why aren't you campaigning to stop that?

ancient hibee
07-03-2018, 07:02 PM

Makes £5 less on your purchase but £28 more on your seat which in my book is profit on the deal.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:06 PM
So you do understand incentives.

Just the ones that benefit you, though.

Who putting words in who’s mouth now!

There are reasons behind every incentive the ST incentive benefits hibs in a different way that the board feel is worth the financial sacrifice. Same as the shop rescuing prices as getting rid of stock (still above wholesale btw) benefits them in other ways than financial.

The incentive you seem to feel is required is to attract more people to return their unused ST on a match per match basis, I am arguing that no incentive should be needed in this instance.

The other examples of incentives are there to achieve different goals for the club so serve their purpose suitably. Do you only purchase your ST early to save money? Do you only buy sale items in the shop? ...most likely not but that doesn’t stop it from happening and therefor serving it’s purpose for the club.

Just Alf
07-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I think we're getting too polarised in this discussion.

I think most, if not all, fans would happily hand back their seat if a friend etc can't use it.
The idea of an incentive would maybe encourage those that didn't find anyone to share it with and maybe would just forget all about it, they'd maybe think hang on, I spend 60 seconds of my time and I'll get a free voucher (that they may or may not use).

I think

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Makes £5 less on your purchase but £28 more on your seat which in my book is profit on the deal.

Yup... but not maximum profit... which is what some of us think should happen. Wouldn’t we all rather hibs makes 100% of the return profit than only (in this example) around 80% of the return profit.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Who putting words in who’s mouth now!

There are reasons behind every incentive the ST incentive benefits hibs in a different way that the board feel is worth the financial sacrifice. Same as the shop rescuing prices as getting rid of stock (still above wholesale btw) benefits them in other ways than financial.

The incentive you seem to feel is required is to attract more people to return their unused ST on a match per match basis, I am arguing that no incentive should be needed in this instance.

The other examples of incentives are there to achieve different goals for the club so serve their purpose suitably. Do you only purchase your ST early to save money? Do you only buy sale items in the shop? ...most likely not but that doesn’t stop it from happening and therefor serving it’s purpose for the club.

But somehow this doesn't apply this time.

I see you've actually conceded that a "fair" incentive would actually be useful, so unless you have any direct questions for me, I'll accept that and leave it there.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:18 PM
You're all over the place now.

Regardless of how many people are at a game, 8000 or 20000, if you give your ST to a mate, Hibs get nothing.

They would get the price of a ticket otherwise.

Why aren't you campaigning to stop that?
Not really ‘all over the place’... I’ve never swithered from this debating being about seats remaining empty during matches!! You are now clutching at straws by throwing in variables that paint me as a hypocrite when in fact they are completely different situations.... giving the seat to a friend means the seat is filled... letting it remain empty because you didn’t get a reward for returning it means it is empty! The goal is to fill seats and in turn maximise profit for Hibs!

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Not really ‘all over the place’... I’ve never swithered from this debating being about seats remaining empty during matches!! You are now clutching at straws by throwing in variables that paint me as a hypocrite when in fact they are completely different situations.... giving the seat to a friend means the seat is filled... letting it remain empty because you didn’t get a reward for returning it means it is empty! The goal is to fill seats and in turn maximise profit for Hibs!

I have£28

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:25 PM
But somehow this doesn't apply this time.

I see you've actually conceded that a "fair" incentive would actually be useful, so unless you have any direct questions for me, I'll accept that and leave it there.

You say ‘conceded’ when I have always agreed that an incentive would more than likely work, but I strongly think no incentive should be needed!

We came to this same conclusion in the last thread.... we both then said let’s see how a trial goes with both scenarios being tested.

I just hope that the trail without incentive proves a success as this scenario maximises hibs profit.

If anything I would urge any fan not to see a reward as a reason to return their UNUSED ticket, but to see it as helping the club make more money and the stadium full (actually full!) so we can outsing any visitors and inspire our team to victory. We are the 12th man after all.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:29 PM
I guess it’s idealism vs realism here.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 07:32 PM

I have £28 in my hand.

I want to go to a match that costs £28.

My mate gives me his ST. I still have my £28. Yaay.

I have scored £28. A reward for nothing at all. Hibs get nowt.

You are happy with the £28 staying with me and I haven't contributed anything, but you rail against the idea that the ST holder, who has given Hibs £400 or so at the start of the season, would receive anything for helping Hibs to raise more cash.

There is literally no logic in your position at all.

Speedy
07-03-2018, 07:32 PM
You say ‘conceded’ when I have always agreed that an incentive would more than likely work, but I strongly think no incentive should be needed!

We came to this same conclusion in the last thread.... we both then said let’s see how a trial goes with both scenarios being tested.

I just hope that the trail without incentive proves a success as this scenario maximises hibs profit.

It's easy to say that no incentive should be needed but it would be just as easy to say the early bird incentive shouldn't be needed. After all, surely everyone who can pay early would do so in order for Hibs to get the benefits you mention.

Not quite as simple as that though.

Regardless of what our individual views are, I'm sure we all want what's best for the club and no doubt they'll make the right decision (whatever that may be) following the trials.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 07:35 PM
I guess it’s idealism vs realism here.

It's certainly something versus reality, that's for sure. :greengrin

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 07:43 PM
It's easy to say that no incentive should be needed but it would be just as easy to say the early bird incentive shouldn't be needed. After all, surely everyone who can pay early would do so in order for Hibs to get the benefits you mention.

Not quite as simple as that though.

Regardless of what our individual views are, I'm sure we all want what's best for the club and no doubt they'll make the right decision (whatever that may be) following the trials.

I agree wholeheartedly but the early bird incentive has lots of factors that effect ST sales... one of the main reason I take part is down to the payments being spread over 11 months... which makes a ST more affordable to a lot of people than a £385 lump payment. There are so many factors with other incentive schemes that prove their worth. Saving £20 over a season certainly is not why I choose to renew early.

The ST Exchange shouldn’t need an incentive, but it seems that many feel reluctant to take part without reward.

Rocky
07-03-2018, 08:01 PM
I agree wholeheartedly but the early bird incentive has lots of factors that effect ST sales... one of the main reason I take part is down to the payments being spread over 11 months... which makes a ST more affordable to a lot of people than a £385 lump payment. There are so many factors with other incentive schemes that prove their worth. Saving £20 over a season certainly is not why I choose to renew early.

The ST Exchange shouldn’t need an incentive, but it seems that many feel reluctant to take part without reward.

You're costing the club money there - they pay the finance charges. I guess they see the payment plan as an incentive that benefits them overall huh. Novel

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 08:11 PM
You're costing the club money there - they pay the finance charges. I guess they see the payment plan as an incentive that benefits them overall huh. Novel

The payment plan is not an incentive, it’s a vehicle to allow fans to be able to afford a ST... does giving a reward for UNUSED ST return make it more affordable?

There’s a huge difference between helping fans to purchase something than incentivising them to let the club make money from an usused seat that someone has paid to reserve but will not be using, whilstvalso allowing a fellow fan to enjoy the match and add to the overall match atmosphere.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2018, 08:19 PM
The payment plan is not an incentive, it’s a vehicle to allow fans to be able to afford a ST... does giving a reward for UNUSED ST return make it more affordable?

There’s a huge difference between helping fans to purchase something than incentivising them to let the club make money from an usused seat that someone has paid to reserve but will not be using, whilstvalso allowing a fellow fan to enjoy the match and add to the overall match atmosphere.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/incentive

A thing that motivates or encourages someone to do something.

The payment plan certainly does that, interest-free.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 08:26 PM
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/incentive

A thing that motivates or encourages someone to do something.

The payment plan certainly does that, interest-free.

That’s your perspective though isn’t it.... you can throw oxford definitions around all you like but the payment plan did not motivate or encourage me to buy a ST, it helped to facilitate the purchase, I couldn’t care less if it’s interest free, if I had to pay £40 a month rather than £35 then I would still have done it.... once agin trying to put words in my mouth... and again there’s a difference facilitating and incentivising.

Since90+2
07-03-2018, 08:28 PM
That’s your perspective though isn’t it.... you can throw oxford definitions around all you like but the payment plan did not motivate or encourage me to buy a ST, it helped to facilitate the purchase, I couldn’t care less if it’s interest free, if I had to pay £40 a month rather than £35 then I would still have done it.... once agin trying to put words in my mouth... and again there’s a difference facilitating and incentivising.

The payment plan both incentivises and facilitates, without a doubt.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2018, 08:29 PM

Not sure what you mean by that. This is the first time I have posted on this thread.

All I am doing is clarifying the meaning of "incentive". Take it up with Mr Oxford. :greengrin

Rocky
07-03-2018, 08:30 PM

The club is trying to encourage a behaviour (buying a season ticket) by offering two incentives, early bird discount and payment plan. It works.

If the club wishes to encourage the behaviour of releasing unused season tickets, but recognises that some people are currently unwilling to do so without some form of return, it has a couple of options:

- incentivise seat release
- adopt the Blacksheep crusade to shame people into seeing the error of their ways

In an ideal world the second option would be best, if successful. In the real world the first option may be more effective.

As has been said before the club are taking a great approach to it. Trial the new online system and if it leads to most unused seats being released, great. If not, an incentive option / crusade is the next step to explore.

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 08:40 PM
The club is trying to encourage a behaviour (buying a season ticket) by offering two incentives, early bird discount and payment plan. It works.

If the club wishes to encourage the behaviour of releasing unused season tickets, but recognises that some people are currently unwilling to do so without some form of return, it has a couple of options:

- incentivise seat release
- adopt the Blacksheep crusade to shame people into seeing the error of their ways

In an ideal world the second option would be best, if successful. In the real world the first option may be more effective.

As has been said before the club are taking a great approach to it. Trial the new online system and if it leads to most unused seats being released, great. If not, an incentive option / crusade is the next step to explore.

Call it what you will, but you can obviously see that those who are insisting that recompose for release is needed are not really going with the feel good spirit that our club encourages.

Idealism is not necessarily the ‘right’ or ‘better’ way to achieve more released seats but I’d rather be an idealist in this scenario.

lyonhibs
07-03-2018, 08:46 PM
But we've all agreed the concept of such an easy, 3 click system is a great step in the right direction right??

Rocky
07-03-2018, 08:52 PM
But we've all agreed the concept of such an easy, 3 click system is a great step in the right direction right??

Don't over simplify it - we've not had a game to talk about for a couple of weeks and everyone is hacked off with the number of Hearts threads so I think it's important we keep flogging the arse off this one.

SRHibs
07-03-2018, 08:54 PM
I spend over a thousand pounds each season traveling to and from the games so I’m not going to feel guilty about getting a £10 voucher as a thanks for opeining up a seat for a sold out game.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Don't over simplify it - we've not had a game to talk about for a couple of weeks and everyone is hacked off with the number of Hearts threads so I think it's important we keep flogging the arse off this one.

Keeping the Hearts threads down the board would be a good incentive. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
07-03-2018, 09:00 PM

You angling for more Gin lol

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 09:10 PM
You angling for more Gin lol

Ha Ronnie... not this time.... still not opened it yet either.

Ronniekirk
07-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Ha Ronnie... not this time.... still not opened it yet either.

Well i cant tell you what it tastes like as i haven't opened either

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Well i cant tell you what it tastes like as i haven't opened either

I don't know anyone personally who has :greengrin

BlackSheep
07-03-2018, 09:23 PM
I spend over a thousand pounds each season traveling to and from the games so I’m not going to feel guilty about getting a £10 voucher as a thanks for opeining up a seat for a sold out game.

I commend you for your outlay to support Hibs, but will also point out that Hibs don't ask anyone to spend that kind of money to come see them, thats entirely your choice, down to your own personal circumstances.

SRHibs
07-03-2018, 09:34 PM
I commend you for your outlay to support Hibs, but will also point out that Hibs don't ask anyone to spend that kind of money to come see them, thats entirely your choice, down to your own personal circumstances.
But it ties into the fact that there’s the implication that anyone who supports an incentive based scheme is somewhat less of a fan.

ancient hibee
07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Yup... but not maximum profit... which is what some of us think should happen. Wouldn’t we all rather hibs makes 100% of the return profit than only (in this example) around 80% of the return profit.
Of course I would rather Hibs make 100% .However I am also in favour of Hibs making an 80% profit if the alternative is a 0% profit.

Nicho87
07-03-2018, 11:27 PM
I have £28 in my hand.

You are happy with the £28 staying with me and I haven't contributed anything, but you rail against the idea that the ST holder, who has given Hibs £400 or so at the start of the season, would receive anything for helping Hibs to raise more cash.

Heroic.

For the record I was the first person to suggest voucher idea. If your reading Leeann, your welcome

BlackSheep
08-03-2018, 12:26 AM
I have £28 in my hand.

Just noticed this as another poster had quoted it....

The ST has already paid for the seat, if he uses it then hibs get no extra income, if he passes it to you hibs get no extra income... if however he cannot find someone to pass the ticket to he then returns it for resale and hibs sell it, making £28 extra income.... but they would make less if an incentive was required for said ticket to be returned.

What you do with your £28 is up to you! You’re not a ST holder in your example so I couldn’t give a monkeys what you do with your money.... this whole debate is about ST holders releasing their seats for sell outs, you wouldn’t get a ticket if your friend didn’t offer it to you or release it for resale.

So I guess you’d be at home with your £28.... or down the pub.... or wherever, because unless you know someone who cannot attend or can purchase a resold ST you are out of luck for the match!

👍🏻

Ps how is retaining your own money a ‘reward’ 😂

BlackSheep
08-03-2018, 12:33 AM
Of course I would rather Hibs make 100% .However I am also in favour of Hibs making an 80% profit if the alternative is a 0% profit.

Great glad we agree... the alternative that you describe though is down to folk being stubborn and not making the small effort to return their ST cos they have no reward/financial incentive/voucher/whatever they want to call it.

That’s what irks me in this whole situation!

People have said on here that my stance is a ‘my way or the highway’ approach and I don’t want to listen to the other side of the argument.... but some people on here and on other social media platforms have expressly said they would not release their ticket without recompense! Just a poor attitude I think and not one I can get on board with.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Just noticed this as another poster had quoted it....

The ST has already paid for the seat, if he uses it then hibs get no extra income, if he passes it to you hibs get no extra income... if however he cannot find someone to pass the ticket to he then returns it for resale and hibs sell it, making £28 extra income.... but they would make less if an incentive was required for said ticket to be returned.

What you do with your £28 is up to you! You’re not a ST holder in your example so I couldn’t give a monkeys what you do with your money.... this whole debate is about ST holders releasing their seats for sell outs, you wouldn’t get a ticket if your friend didn’t offer it to you or release it for resale.

So I guess you’d be at home with your £28.... or down the pub.... or wherever, because unless you know someone who cannot attend or can purchase a resold ST you are out of luck for the match!

👍🏻

Ps how is retaining your own money a ‘reward’ 😂

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

By giving your ST to your pal, you're denying Hibs the chance to sell him another ticket. Therefore, Hibs lose income, the very thing you're banging on about.

It's exactly the same as if you sell your seat to someone. Hibs lose out.

That's why season tickets are non transferable.

The "reward" is the person getting to see the match for nothing.

Highlander
08-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Picked up one today thanks to this scheme.

greenwell glory
08-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Trying to release my daughters ticket, too young to have her own e-ticketing account so I have her in my network but the only ticket available to release is my own. Is it possible to release a child ticket from within your e-ticketing network? if so how.
Any help appreciated.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Trying to release my daughters ticket, too young to have her own e-ticketing account so I have her in my network but the only ticket available to release is my own. Is it possible to release a child ticket from within your e-ticketing network? if so how.
Any help appreciated.

Think you may have to set up her own account
Dead easy, maybe use same email address as you, but a different password
I do this for the young lads I take

greenwell glory
08-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Think you may have to set up her own account
Dead easy, maybe use same email address as you, but a different password
I do this for the young lads I take

Cheers but never worked, said I already have an account in that name, I did make a James Hunt of it though!!, created one with the same email and password first and this has screwed it up. I'll phone tomorrow and release it. Ta anyway.