PDA

View Full Version : Murderwell's first goal

wookie70
04-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Now I know the goal came from a corner but say it was a cross. The keeper, a defender and the scorer all over the goal line when the goal was scored. How would the offiside rule work if all three players were over the goal line when the cross came in. Are they all deemed to be equal and on the goal line so the striker is onside.

Spike Mandela
04-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Now I know the goal came from a corner but say it was a cross. The keeper, a defender and the scorer all over the goal line when the goal was scored. How would the offiside rule work if all three players were over the goal line when the cross came in. Are they all deemed to be equal and on the goal line so the striker is onside.

Yes.

Comedy gold as well.😂😂😂

SmashinGlass
04-03-2018, 04:31 PM

To be honest, it doesn't really matter. Main was on when the corner was played as 2 yams on the line and he was about 4 yards out. The ball came to him after the keeper had cleared it and it rebounded off the post into his path, so at no point was he ever offside.

Absolute comedy gold defending!

GreenCastle
04-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Someone needs to post the video

Absolutely classic defending - if that was u10 level I would be annoyed.

04-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Highlights can be viewed here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43186421

mjhibby
04-03-2018, 08:31 PM

Callachan must think its going wide or just has a brain freeze. So pleased it happened to them as they are so obsessed by defending.

007 Mickey Weir
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
What’s wrong with the disallowed goal?

green day
04-03-2018, 08:57 PM

Keeper had his hand on the ball.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 08:58 PM

Think Hearts get away with every rule going

southsider
04-03-2018, 09:01 PM

Ref ruled that as goalie had a had on the ball which was, he said, was on the ground keeper had control of the ball. Joke, 'well blitzed them in first halt. Hertz seemed to boss 2nd until settle for the draw with about 10 mins to go. Great choice Craig.

Jonnyboy
04-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Reminded me of the goal Leigh scored at Rugby Park in the 4-2 Scottish Cup win. That one was allowed :greengrin

green day
04-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Reminded me of the goal Leigh scored at Rugby Park in the 4-2 Scottish Cup win. That one was allowed :greengrin

Aye, I always thought you needed 2 hands on the ball to be deemed "in control".

Diclonius
04-03-2018, 09:08 PM
That was comedy defending, but you know what the bad part is? There is no way that Levein will EVER let them defend that badly against us. Never.

haagsehibby
04-03-2018, 09:09 PM
To be honest, it doesn't really matter. Main was on when the corner was played as 2 yams on the line and he was about 4 yards out. The ball came to him after the keeper had cleared it and it rebounded off the post into his path, so at no point was he ever offside.

Absolute comedy gold defending!

You can't be offside from a corner anyway.

Monts
04-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Aye, I always thought you needed 2 hands on the ball to be deemed "in control".

You only need one finger on the ball

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2018, 09:18 PM

Ball was played backwards so can't be offside.

Still hilarious though 😂

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2018, 09:18 PM
You can't be offside from a corner anyway.

This

SquashedFrogg
04-03-2018, 09:21 PM
You only need one finger on the ball

Standard yam youth coaching philosophy 'allegedly'

Archie70
04-03-2018, 09:26 PM
After the first goal their keeper signalled to the linesman that the whole ball hadn't crossed the line.... They must practice that at training

wookie70
04-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Ball was played backwards so can't be offside.

Still hilarious though 😂

Direction of ball is irrelevant in offside. As said I was asking about a hypothetical situation not the actual goal which as I stated was from a corner so it can't be offside

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 09:37 PM
After the first goal their keeper signalled to the linesman that the whole ball hadn't crossed the line.... They must practice that at training

They also practice with 10 men regularly

Argylehibby
04-03-2018, 09:59 PM

I'm not so sure he did tbh. He did but then pulled it back towards his body at which point I think he let's go and it's at That point the well player hits it. Look at the photo on BBC website

wookie70
04-03-2018, 10:04 PM
I think the Motherwell defender got a slight touch on teh ball when he took Naismith out for Hearts pen

Tug Wilson
04-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Direction of ball is irrelevant in offside. As said I was asking about a hypothetical situation not the actual goal which as I stated was from a corner so it can't be offside

Direction of the ball is always relevant to offside. The ball has to go forward for a player to be offside. A pass played away from the goal cannot put a player offside.

delbert
04-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Direction of the ball is always relevant to offside. The ball has to go forward for a player to be offside. A pass played away from the goal cannot put a player offside.

Sorry, but totally incorrect, you can be offside from a ball played away from goal

Sauzee16
04-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Murderwell? Really?

Ryan69
04-03-2018, 10:19 PM
I'm not so sure he did tbh. He did but then pulled it back towards his body at which point I think he let's go and it's at That point the well player hits it. Look at the photo on BBC website

No way was the ball under control,it was his wrist or even forearm on the ball.
Should of been a goal id think.

04-03-2018, 10:27 PM

How many perfectly good goals against them have been disallowed? Oli Shaw's, Ross County's a couple of weeks ago and now this one. No wonder they've got a low number of goals against.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Sorry, but totally incorrect, you can be offside from a ball played away from goal

I've always thought that you can't be offside if you're behind the ball when it's played.

Or square to it.

Isn't that correct?

basehibby
05-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Hilarious goalkeeping and defending for the 'well's first and their goal that should have been. Whatever Levein's been doing with them I hope he keeps it up :greengrin

CentreLine
05-03-2018, 03:31 AM
I've always thought that you can't be offside if you're behind the ball when it's played.

Or square to it.

Isn't that correct?

Yes. You cannot be offside if you are level with or behind the ball when it is played to you. Or if it is played from a bye kick, shy or a corner.

jijihibby
05-03-2018, 03:57 AM
It is all part of Levein's ''natural order''. He is touting his defence for Scotland, remember that. And his wunderkind Cochrane - who do not forget came close to crippling John McGinn last time at ER - was brushed aside. I just knew ''natural order'' would have to find some grievance/excuse for after match comment and sure enough he did. You need a sick bag handy when listening to him.
Let us hope we can sort out these cretins come Friday night.

SquashedFrogg
05-03-2018, 06:09 AM

Not sure that's correct. Ball has to move forward surely? Or there would be offsides galore the minute an attacking team moved into the opposition half.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2018, 06:20 AM
The disallowed goal was a goal as the goalkeeper only had one hand on the top of the ball never under control or in his possession with preferrably two hands on the ball at any time. The reaction and body language of the Hearts goalkeeper and defenders indicates that they too thought it was a goal.

The Hearts defending at the Motherwell goal that was allowed to stand was as comedic and as abject as Rocky and SJMs attempts to clear a routine ball off the line in the New Years Day Derby.

Salisbury Hibby
05-03-2018, 06:49 AM
Aye, I always thought you needed 2 hands on the ball to be deemed "in control".Between two hands or between one hand and the ground. Ref got it right on this occasion.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Onion
05-03-2018, 06:58 AM
The disallowed goal was a goal as the goalkeeper only had one hand on the top of the ball never under control or in his possession with preferrably two hands on the ball at any time. The reaction and body language of the Hearts goalkeeper and defenders indicates that they too thought it was a goal.

The Hearts defending at the Motherwell goal that was allowed to stand was as comedic and as abject as Rocky and SJMs attempts to clear a routine ball off the line in the New Years Day Derby.

Not for the first time this season.

Yam keeper had it under control when he put his hand on top of the ball BUT he then was not in control when he tried to scoop it back to himself with one hand - just as the Well player knocked it into the net. It was a perfectly valid goal, everyone thought it, except the ref.

BoomtownHibees
05-03-2018, 07:17 AM
Not sure that's correct. Ball has to move forward surely? Or there would be offsides galore the minute an attacking team moved into the opposition half.

It is correct. Direction of the ball is irrelevant when offside is called

Hibbyradge
05-03-2018, 08:01 AM
It is correct. Direction of the ball is irrelevant when offside is called

That is true because a player can run back from an offside position, but you can't be offside if you are level with or behind the ball.

BoomtownHibees
05-03-2018, 08:12 AM
That is true because a player can run back from an offside position, but you can't be offside if you are level with or behind the ball.

Spot on 👍🏼

I'm Spartacus
05-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Still cannot believe the player on the post leaving that ball, Michael Stewart saying he think's he was leaving it to go into the side netting!!! NO WAY, they guy is covering the post and level, he's just brutal.

wookie70
05-03-2018, 09:04 AM
No way was the ball under control,it was his wrist or even forearm on the ball.
Should of been a goal id think.

That would be fine. If the ball is between any part of his arm and the ground he is deemed to be under control of the ball