PDA

View Full Version : John Park

EVENTUALLY
18-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Looked like John Park was sat beside Rod Petrie yesterday. Is he back working for Hibs?

Iggy Pope
18-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Looked like John Park was sat beside Rod Petrie yesterday. Is he back working for Hibs?

Which one?

EVENTUALLY
18-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Which one?
John Park the former chief scout. Not Donald Park the former coach who I believe works for the SFA.

bingo70
18-02-2018, 05:54 PM

He was sat beside Petrie at a game last season too, think it was cappielow?

Billy Whizz

Not that I’m aware of

Iggy Pope
John Park the former chief scout. Not Donald Park the former coach who I believe works for the SFA.

:greengrin Right. Ta.

hibbyfraelibby
18-02-2018, 06:57 PM
John has been a regular all season. Think he might still have a role with Canadian FA and Vancouver. Might be wrong though.

H18 SFR
18-02-2018, 07:03 PM
John has been a regular all season. Think he might still have a role with Canadian FA and Vancouver. Might be wrong though.

Spoke to him after the game, he was there in his official capacity as the Vancouver White Caps head of recruitment. He said that they're happy to pay 5 million Canadian dollars for McGinn.

He mentioned the word north so might have been North Canadian dollars.

Famous Fiver
18-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Plus the 100% player import tax,

bythecringe
18-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Plus the 100% player import tax,

I thought the thread was about John Park our talented Irish left back from the 1960’s!

Mr White
18-02-2018, 07:38 PM
I thought the thread was about John Park our talented Irish left back from the 1960’s!

He was a Parke not a Park :greengrin

There's a photo of him in our local leisure centre in Bangor as he was born here.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2018, 07:43 PM

There's a photo of him in our local leisure centre in Bangor as he was born here.

Magic. These are the posts that I like.

Forza Fred
18-02-2018, 09:39 PM

Still the best Hibs left back I’ve seen....

Lago
18-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Shades anyone?

bod
18-02-2018, 10:24 PM
Shades anyone?

Is the sun out ?

heretoday
18-02-2018, 10:31 PM

He came just before Joe Davis our penalty king.

ancient hibee
18-02-2018, 10:32 PM

By some distance.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2018, 11:28 PM
He was in the Boardroom v Dundee at ER last time around

hughio
19-02-2018, 10:35 AM
By some distance.

****s sake
You guys are even older than me...!

:not worth:not worth

Forza Fred
19-02-2018, 10:51 AM
****s sake
You guys are even older than me...!

:not worth:not worth

Kings...I can even mind Joe McLelland at left back.......a Tigerish tackler, without the silky skills of John Parke, who incidentally, didn’t play that many games for us.(John Parke that is)

Hillsidehibby
19-02-2018, 11:14 AM
I go back to the left back penalty king Joe Davis

hhibs
19-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Shades anyone?

Me !

Forza Fred
19-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Shades anyone?

Remember I first saw him play for Melbourne Thistle against Whitehill Welfare in the final of the under 21 Scottish Cup Final at Olive Bank in Musselburgh.

Willie MacFarlane was at the game too and signed him for Stirling Albion.

A few months later he was playing for Hibs and in his first game......against Polish side Gornik Zabre on a freezing Edinburgh night, accidentally tackled his own player....Peter Cormack.... and got him carried off!

19-02-2018, 12:04 PM
He came just before Joe Davis our penalty king.

... and 15 time world snooker champion. :greengrin

hibee_nation
19-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Remember I first saw him play for Melbourne Thistle against Whitehill Welfare in the final of the under 21 Scottish Cup Final at Olive Bank in Musselburgh.

A few months later he was playing for Hibs and in his first game......against Polish side Gornik Zabre on a freezing Edinburgh night, accidentally tackled his own player....Peter Cormack.... and got him carried off!

Can you remember when that game was played. It is one of my earliest memories along with the Liverpool game we lost 1 nill to a Toshack goal. Cheers

Tomsk
19-02-2018, 12:51 PM

I believe Schaedler was signed as a winger. Did he play on the wing against Gornik?

By time I started watching Hibs Schaedler was the established left back. If I needed a Hibs player past or present to win (or at least not lose :wink:) a 50/50 to save my life I would pick Schaedler every day of the week and twice on Sundays. That Hibs team needed a bit of muscle, and Schaedler provided it in spades. He is a true legend. But he's not the best left back I've seen in a Hibs jersey. Laursen and Murphy were far better.

The Harp
19-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Kings...I can even mind Joe McLelland at left back.......a Tigerish tackler, without the silky skills of John Parke, who incidentally, didn’t play that many games for us.(John Parke that is)

Ah, lot of happy memories of Joe. One of our unsung heroes who made the left back position his own during his ten years stay at ER from '54.
If memory serves, he once played up front for us in a game at Ibrox. Our formation of 1-8-2 for the game was back page news and resulted in us drawing 0-0, against all the odds.
A great club man.

Forza Fred
19-02-2018, 01:41 PM
I believe Schaedler was signed as a winger. Did he play on the wing against Gornik?

By time I started watching Hibs Schaedler was the established left back. If I needed a Hibs player past or present to win (or at least not lose :wink:) a 50/50 to save my life I would pick Schaedler every day of the week and twice on Sundays. That Hibs team needed a bit of muscle, and Schaedler provided it in spades. He is a true legend. But he's not the best left back I've seen in a Hibs jersey. Laursen and Murphy were far better.

Always a left back when I saw him ..even in his juvenile days with Melbourne Thistle...renowned then for being the fittest man in the team.

Never heard of him playing as a winger.

You maybe getting him confused with Joe tortolano?

Geo_1875
19-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Always a left back when I saw him ..even in his juvenile days with Melbourne Thistle...renowned then for being the fittest man in the team.

I doubt any Hibs fan could confuse Shades with Joe "That's ****ing murder" Tortolano.

Tomsk
19-02-2018, 03:49 PM

I must be getting mixed up with someone, but it's not Tortolano. I think I could tell the difference between Shades and Super Joe. :greengrin

ancient hibee
19-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Joe McLelland ! Could certainly put many a right winger over the wall.I remember he scored a great goal against Bolton much to everyone ‘s astonishment,including his teammates.

Lago
19-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Always a left back, as you say fittest man in the team, broke my heart the way his life ended, sad day.