PDA

View Full Version : And so it continues

Billy Whizz
08-02-2018, 11:18 AM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1407911-levein-accuses-brown-of-getting-booked-deliberately/

dalkeith stu
08-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Complete welt of a man!!! What has it got to do with him??

Billy Whizz
08-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Complete welt of a man!!! What has it got to do with him??

Exactly

Since90+2
08-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Seems pretty obsessed with Scott Brown does Levein.

Kato
08-02-2018, 11:30 AM
"I'm doing what I think is the right thing for this football club, for my football club."

...by sending his players out to kick lumps out of everything that moves.

pacoluna
08-02-2018, 11:31 AM
he is on an ego trip pandering to his manky mob of a support to make sure they don't turn on him again when they realise his dire footballing tactics wont bring them any relevant success.

hibee1875
08-02-2018, 11:31 AM
The posters on JKB are absolutely buzzing off this. What has it even got to do with Hearts or Levien!?

All of his crap wind up patter recently has done nothing other than endear himself to those fans who wanted him out of the club just a few months ago.

Product on the pitch is crap so he turns himself into one of the lads and he's being lauded by the jambos.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2018, 11:32 AM
What a prick..

Tynie01011973
08-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Seems pretty obsessed with Scott Brown does Levein.

Criticizing Brown for deliberately getting booked so he wouldn't miss big game.
Yet then goes on to say he had done it himself.
Irony is lost on him DOH!!!

HibbyAndy
08-02-2018, 11:35 AM
What a complete broon eye

IGRIGI
08-02-2018, 11:35 AM
We really have to demolish them in the next derby, Levein needs brought down a peg or ten.

Since90+2
08-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Hearts fans seem to think Levein is some sort of Messiah.

They are currently sitting 5th 7 points behind their city rivals and absolutely miles behind Celtic (who Hearts fans claimed a few years back are now their main rivals, how did that turn out?). Their constant claims to being bigger than they actually are just highlights how insecure they really are.

Famous Fiver
08-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Don't forget, they are building a super duper new stand at Oriam, have just completed a multi million pound new stand at Tynecastle, are busy negotiating with two out of contract forwards to bolster their squad, and have the most exciting youth programme in Scotland.

Oh ma sides......................................

Pretty Boy
08-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Jealous of Browns medals. One of then won a najor tropjy with an Edinburgh team and it sure as hell wasn't Craig Levein.

Big_Franck
08-02-2018, 11:47 AM
What a weirdo. Long may he remain manager of Hearts, they are unbelievably well suited.

G B Young
08-02-2018, 11:51 AM
I posted this on the other Levein thread:

One or two folk on here felt Lennon was wrong to be drawn into a war of words with Levein after his 'natural order' comments, but to me Levein seems to be the one who can't leave well alone when it comes to anyone expressing a view that doesn't tally with his own. I see he's at it again with Scott Brown today:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...-tie-1-4685771 (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-scott-brown-got-booking-to-avoid-missing-old-firm-tie-1-4685771)

What riles me about the guy is he's clearly trying to cultivate an image of being some kind of football guru who possesses wisdom beyond the average player or manager. What he says is presented as the facts and anyone else's view is misguided. Quite what qualifies him to adopt this permanently smug persona is beyond me, although I suspect it's down the fact he thinks that being a director of football prior to his return to the dugout gives him some sort of elevated knowledge. He certainly conveys the impression that the managerial role is a bit beneath him and that Scottish football should feel honoured that he's agreed to take it on.

If that's the case then it doesn't stack up, given that the whole Cathro fiasco (including a whole raft of failed signings) was down to his botched attempts to install a conveyor belt of young managerial talent at the club. And as for his managerial 'guru' status, well, if being statistically the worst Scotland boss of all time (which takes some doing!) coupled by never winning a trophy at club level qualifies you for such a position then I guess Craig Levein is the man.

danhibees1875
08-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Surely if Brown is as much of a threat to players as levein made out then it's only natural he'd be getting booked?

Daft question, is it even against the rules to get yourself booked deliberately to time suspensions? I would imagine it's impossible to prove so they've never bothered having a rule but it sounds like good game management to me.

Vini1875
08-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Giving him the benefit of the doubt what he is doing is playing to the fans who lap all this up like they did with Vlad and the fans will view him as a witty man who can wind up the opposition. This gives him some credit in the bank of emotion with the fans who will turn on him the minute Hibs pump them.

It also creates an us and them mentality, which keeps the fans onside. He knows the mentality of jambos and this is what they lap up. It also helps to have a distraction to the eye bleeding football on display.

Mr_F
08-02-2018, 12:02 PM
He's a welt.

Best ignored.

Will go away when folk stop paying attention to his sheite

Chip shop Joe
08-02-2018, 12:03 PM
How has Levein got the time to be looking up other teams players disciplinary records, that have absolutely nothing to do with him?

The man has issues!

lord bunberry
08-02-2018, 12:06 PM
If a player is going to get themselves deliberately booked, they’re not going to do it with their first tackle. They would do it later in the game with a deliberate hand ball or pulling someone’s shirt. Levein is and always will be a loser who knows **** all.

HoboHarry
08-02-2018, 12:11 PM
It's getting difficult to take the sh***house dweller seriously......:dummytit:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-02-2018, 12:11 PM
If a player is going to get themselves deliberately booked, they’re not going to do it with their first tackle. They would do it later in the game with a deliberate hand ball or pulling someone’s shirt. Levein is and always will be a loser who knows **** all.

Spot on.

Since90+2
08-02-2018, 12:12 PM

Yip , and run the risk of getting send off over the next 89 minutes.

matty_f
08-02-2018, 12:20 PM
When he was talking about things he did when he was a player, did he mention that he shat it in '86 when his team needed him the most?

Treadstone
08-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Potter may have a point but why he brings up another team while doing a presser for a game not featuring said team is bizarre.

Levein likes to think he is the smartest guy in the room. That's what happens when you surround yourself with yes men.

brog
08-02-2018, 12:31 PM
I think Potter needs a visit to Frazier! This is more of an insight into Potter's mentality & way of thinking ( aka cheating ) than it is to that of Rodgers/Brown.

calumhibee1
08-02-2018, 12:32 PM
To be fair he seems to be replying to Brown who is accusing Levein of being at fault for him getting booked in a game that Levein had no involvement in.

Elephant Stone
08-02-2018, 12:34 PM
The Creep is right, Brown only gets yellow cards when he wants them.

What an absolute embarrassment he's making of himself. :faf:

The Leith Dutch
08-02-2018, 12:34 PM
If it is the case it makes perfect sense - Cup games and games against the new Rangers are the only things left to play for at Celtic this season.

Effectively, getting booked was both smart and an astute tactical decision.
You can see from that why Levein is confused.....

yonder1875
08-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Imagine that guy being manager of your club.

Albanian Hibs
08-02-2018, 12:35 PM
What a weirdo

Lago
08-02-2018, 12:36 PM
How long before, like another Hearts favourite, he tells us he's been places and done things.

matty_f
08-02-2018, 12:36 PM
How long before, like another Hearts favourite, he tells us he's been places and done things.

I've been places (the Dens Park cludgie) and done things (shat it).

vuefrom1875
08-02-2018, 12:37 PM
To be fair he seems to be replying to Brown who is accusing Levein of being at fault for him getting booked in a game that Levein had no involvement in.

Nothing fair about this to##er.

HoboHarry
08-02-2018, 12:38 PM
I've been places (the cludgie) and done things (shat it).
Ach he's a talented individual who deserves a title - perhaps " The Andrex Man"?

Tornadoes70
08-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Another engineered piece of nonsense that gives Kenny McIntyre/BBC Sportsound etc anther opportunity to discuss their beloved yams. No more and no less.

non the cabbage!!!

Chip shop Joe
08-02-2018, 12:43 PM
You would think a guy who punched a teammate in the face whilst a player and who, as a manager, revolutionised football with his groundbreaking formation containing no forwards, would keep his head down!

Lago
08-02-2018, 12:45 PM
:greengrin

Future17
08-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Levein is accusing Brown of cheating. Might be of interest to the authorities.

GordonHFC
08-02-2018, 12:51 PM
Levein is accusing Brown of cheating. Might be of interest to the authorities.

Not only that but he is admitting to cheating himself.

matty_f
08-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Not only that but he is admitting to cheating himself.

Didn't he also cheat on his wife before he left for Leicester with someone that worked at Tiny?

08-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Giving him the benefit of the doubt what he is doing is playing to the fans who lap all this up like they did with Vlad and the fans will view him as a witty man who can wind up the opposition. This gives him some credit in the bank of emotion with the fans who will turn on him the minute Hibs pump them.

It also creates an us and them mentality, which keeps the fans onside. He knows the mentality of jambos and this is what they lap up. It also helps to have a distraction to the eye bleeding football on display.

This is my thinking exactly.

Levein's initial criticism of Brown's tackle was way off the mark, it wasn't even a foul. He is an erse but in this instance he could well be right about Brown's booking in the Kilmarnock match being deliberate to avoid being suspended for the Rangers game so I'd say it is a fair enough response to Brown saying Levein got him the booking. Incidentally, Brown said he was booked for his first foul however, I have just looked at the match timeline on the BBC website and Brown committed a foul in the 17th minute but wasn't booked. He was for his 2nd one which was in the 73rd minute.

Levein is playing the fans like a fiddle and they don't have the intelligence to know when they are being manipulated. I have to give him credit for that.

I'm finding this tit for tat he's got going with Celtic very amusing and can't wait to hear Brendan Rodgers' next interview.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Didn't he also cheat on his wife before he left for Leicester with someone that worked at Tiny?Yes. Walked out of the family home.

When he was eventually sacked by Leicester when they were in the relegation zone he was quoted as going to reevaluate his management "style".

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
08-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Silly tit-for-tat comments between a bunch of numpties.

No big deal.

KWJ
08-02-2018, 01:50 PM
This is my thinking exactly.

Levein's initial criticism of Brown's tackle was way off the mark, it wasn't even a foul. He is an erse but in this instance he could well be right about Brown's booking in the Kilmarnock match being deliberate to avoid being suspended for the Rangers game so I'd say it is a fair enough response to Brown saying Levein got him the booking. Incidentally, Brown said he was booked for his first foul however, I have just looked at the match timeline on the BBC website and Brown committed a foul in the 17th minute but wasn't booked. He was for his 2nd one which was in the 73rd minute.

Levein is playing the fans like a fiddle and they don't have the intelligence to know when they are being manipulated. I have to give him credit for that.

I'm finding this tit for tat he's got going with Celtic very amusing and can't wait to hear Brendan Rodgers' next interview.

This.

norhfc
08-02-2018, 02:47 PM
About time we gave them a good doing, if we play like we did in the 1 st half against the huns I really think we could get 3 or 4. btw I,m not usually one who comes out with predictions especially derby games but this one I have a really good feeling about.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
08-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Didn't he also cheat on his wife before he left for Leicester with someone that worked at Tiny?

I'm sure that's where the Harry Potter nickname came from. The womens husband was told she was seeing a 'famous football manager', he saw a picture and burst out laughing and said 'he looks like Harry ****ing Potter'.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Both from Dunfermline/Cowdenbeath, small town rivalries. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
08-02-2018, 03:16 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1407911-levein-accuses-brown-of-getting-booked-deliberately/

He really is despicable. Brown probably did do that but it has absolutely nothing to do with him. complete welt of a man.

McSwanky
08-02-2018, 03:20 PM
There's clever people who know they're clever.
There's clever people who thing they're stupid.
There's stupid people who know they're stupid.
And then there's Craig Levein.

If Brown wasn't gutting himself at Levein's bitter comments last time, he will be now.

kaimendhibs
08-02-2018, 03:21 PM
What a complete helmet Levein is

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

lapsedhibee
08-02-2018, 03:24 PM
On the surface this is about Broon, but I think deep down it's about Hibs. Not because Broon played for Hibs, but because the current Hibs manager has such a high profile. Potter is desperate not be in Lennon's shadow. Can't expect to keep up on the pitch, can't point to respective histories - only way he can compete is by making as much 'newsworthy' noise as possible and hope that the slavering MSM will keep him in the headlines every day. Best way to do that is to pick the person with the highest profile in the biggest club in Scotland, say the captain of Celtic, and spout loud pish about him every day or two. Job done.

jacomo
08-02-2018, 03:25 PM
“I’ll leave you to deduce what that means.”

Hey Levein, if you want to accuse Brown of getting a deliberate booking, at least come out and say it directly.

Coward.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Is Potter battling for the moral high ground here? Given his own personal track record he's currently 6ft down and still digging.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

McD
08-02-2018, 03:40 PM
“I’m just pointing out things that are obvious”

heres a clue Craig, if it’s obvious, it doesn’t need pointed out.

You know, obvious things, like your blatant hypocrisy, your ego, your obsession with all things Hibs, your professional lifetime of failure, your agricultural brand of football, your ability to cause a rammy in an empty house, your smug face, and so on. These don’t need to be pointed out, we can all see them.

levein is a clown, playing to a crowd of Neanderthals who think their club is somehow important beyond the limits of gorgie, whereas everyone else can see what a tinpot outfit led by a no mark, never-has-been, wannabe goat they really are.

G B Young
08-02-2018, 04:04 PM
What a weirdo

That is what Brendan Rodgers is effectively saying here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42992178

JimBHibees
08-02-2018, 04:10 PM
Seems a little odd that Levein clearly thinks he is untouchable in terms of his comments and actions. He definitely should have been pulled up for his conduct in the derby when pushing Martin Boyle and also his comments re referees in previous games. You would have thought the authorities would take more of an interest in this sort of thing especially when he is effectively calling Brown a cheat.

One Day
08-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Imagine that guy being manager of your club.

no thanks

EastCalderHibby
08-02-2018, 06:03 PM
so when a team appeal red cards (like hearts did re laughatyou ) just to get that player playing the next game (against hibs )
that ******** really needs sectioned

EastCalderHibby
08-02-2018, 06:05 PM

:faf::faf::faf::giruy2::giruy2::giruy2::faf::faf:: faf::top marks

EastCalderHibby
08-02-2018, 06:07 PM

was it a player:cb

GreenLake
08-02-2018, 06:16 PM
He should put a framed picture of Scott Brown on the sideboard beside his 1985/86 Scottish Premier League winners medal.

Mikey09
08-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Its actually a wee bit uncomfortable how obsessed he is with Scott Brown.

SirDavidsNapper
08-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Surely even the most Tory of Hearts fans must he cringing

08-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Talking about it now on Sportsound.

Skol
08-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Craig who ?

IGRIGI
08-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Queen Anne's let slip her crush on Broony and Potter's taken it to heart.

Zazu62
08-02-2018, 07:06 PM
I notice the push on Boyle has been swept under the carpet

Skol
08-02-2018, 07:11 PM
My first reaction is what does this actually have to do with Levein.

The second is that this is the same Levein who 'rested' Lafferty for spurious reasons when it was obvious that it was to avoid a booking that would mean he missed the derby. Despite that being obvious he denied that was the case and stood by his spurious reasons

hibbyfraelibby
08-02-2018, 07:27 PM
I only have one thing to say to Potter...Peter Shields

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2018, 07:34 PM
The gimps gimp. Absolute specimen

HoboHarry
08-02-2018, 07:34 PM
I only have one thing to say to Potter...Peter Shields
Name doesn't mean a thing to me - who was he?

Wee Effen Bee
08-02-2018, 07:53 PM

Did he even make the lavvies at Dens? I didn’t think the big sheetbag travelled cos he was feart! Levein is a bit like Trump - playing to the most basic elements of his fan base. He’s just a complete radge.

hibbyfraelibby
08-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Name doesn't mean a thing to me - who was he?

Full back who played same time as Potter. Spent a lot of time "injured" due to his scoring prowess,allegedly😉😉😉

Not In The Know
08-02-2018, 08:07 PM
The perfect put down is to ask if Levein is on the short list for the Scotland job. Oh aye, He’s not good enough. As he so perfectly demonstrated. 4-6-0

EastCalderHibby
08-02-2018, 08:19 PM
My first reaction is what does this actually have to do with Levein.

The second is that this is the same Levein who 'rested' Lafferty for spurious reasons when it was obvious that it was to avoid a booking that would mean he missed the derby. Despite that being obvious he denied that was the case and stood by his spurious reasons

i would see the point if he was saving his self for a diet huns game but its against the bigger huns f all to do with rolf
was cockface trying to get a booking when he took out mc ginn as the tackle was that late funny how the dick doesn't talk about players needing protection from tackles like that
total arse well suited to the sewerdwellers

RedHibby
08-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Levein pot and kettle comes to mind. His team are bottom of the fair play league and he is complaining about a player fouling one of his players. Wake up and smell the coffee moron.

08-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Levein pot and kettle comes to mind. His team are bottom of the fair play league and he is complaining about a player fouling one of his players. Wake up and smell the coffee moron.

This is what Brown should've said instead. However, because he blamed Levein for his booking he presented Levein with the opportunity to put one over on him and Rodgers and he's taken that chance.

Next time they play I can see Brown going in for a tackle Eric Cantona kung fu style, missing the Hearts player and flooring Levein in his technical area.

What Levein has also done is put his own players under the spotlight and everyone will now be closely monitoring their bookings / potential suspensions situation.

lyonhibs
08-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Such a strange guy. Must crush him knowing that he won exactly **** all (apart from an East Lothian amateurs "cheap shot of the year" award for sparking out his own team mate) in 30+ years with Hearts whilst Brown won the League Cup with us and God knows what else with Celtc.

An irrelevance, best ignored.

Tornadoes70
08-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Such a strange guy. Must crush him knowing that he won exactly **** all (apart from an East Lothian amateurs "cheap shot of the year" award for sparking out his own team mate) in 30+ years with Hearts whilst Brown won the League Cup with us and God knows what else with Celtc.

An irrelevance, best ignored.

:top marks

I think Rodgers and Broony did him up like the proverbial kipper and Levein's close to the edge obsessive psychotic tendencies came to the fore when rankled by Broony's statement. The normal more astute calm manager would have laughed off or ignored what Broony said. Levein should clearly be seen by a psychiatrist in my opinion.

mon the cabbage!!!

Deansy
08-02-2018, 11:28 PM
I reckon Potter's just Jealous of Brown engineering the situation to his best advantage. He's bitter and twisted because it didn't occur to him to get himself booked against Clydebank in 1986, the week before that game, that game that could've/would've changed the course of his entire career, that game that was more important to the Jambos than any other game in their history !. Instead, he'll go to his grave knowing full-well that everyone knows that at that moment, when his club's need of him was never more vital - he didn't turn-up because he was ****ting himself !

lord bunberry
09-02-2018, 07:33 AM
The difference between Brown and Levein is that Brown would get himself booked so he can play in his teams biggest game. Levein would get booked so he would miss it. When that doesn’t work he spends the day hiding in the toilet ****ting himself, while his teammates snatch deafeat from the jaws of victory.

Joe6-2
09-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Bell - end off

Col2
09-02-2018, 09:31 AM
That “natural order” comment is going to come back and bite him big time.

We will be so up for next months derby and you just know we are going to take them apart under the floodlights.

matty_f
09-02-2018, 10:10 AM
The difference between Brown and Levein is that Brown would get himself booked so he can play in his teams biggest game. Levein would get booked so he would miss it. When that doesn’t work he spends the day hiding in the toilet ****ting himself, while his teammates snatch deafeat from the jaws of victory.

Correct.

lord bunberry
09-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Correct.
I wonder how many of his interviews end with the words “sorry mate I’ve just followed through”

09-02-2018, 12:31 PM
No doubt the press will ask Lennon what his take on the Levein/Brown situation is. Lennon not normally being the type to dodge a question will give his honest opinion. The low IQ Jambos will then pounce on this saying what's it got to do with him and will be spouting their usual Hibs wee cousins of Celtic guff.

Hibee87
09-02-2018, 12:36 PM
No doubt the press will ask Lennon what his take on the Levein/Brown situation is. Lennon not normally being the type to dodge a question will give his honest opinion. The low IQ Jambos will then pounce on this saying what's it got to do with him and will be spouting their usual Hibs wee cousins of Celtic guff.

To be fair is that not whats happened here anyway? Brown mentioned getting booked because of what levein said and Levein was then asked about Brown saying what he did after the Kili game, and Levein has responded with what he did. :confused:

Paisley Hibby
09-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Why are so many folk on here obsessed with Craig Levein? Can't we just get back to moaning about Hibs?

09-02-2018, 12:47 PM
To be fair is that not whats happened here anyway? Brown mentioned getting booked because of what levein said and Levein was then asked about Brown saying what he did after the Kili game, and Levein has responded with what he did. :confused:

Yes but at the moment the Levein/Brown tit for tat has got nothing to do with Lennon, the press will no doubt try and drag him into it to spin the story out for a few more days. Hopefully Lennon will say he's got nothing to do with it but I don't think he's one to avoid a question.

Tornadoes70
09-02-2018, 12:50 PM

:top marks

Sometimes folk make comments that have you wondering what team they really support to be honest.

I think Broony deliberately wound Levein up. Levein being the hotheaded some would say bordering on psychotic immediately reacted and fell into the trap set for him. For Levein now appears to be obsessed with Broony and Rodgers called him out for it in the media.

mon the cabbage!!!

Onion
09-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Levein has become a modern day Jim Jeffries - bitter, overly obsessed with Hibs and unable to scratch the itch. Jeffries has an excuse for being a bitter fud, he played his part in the 0-7 drubbing. Not sur why Levein is such a bitter, infantile prick ?

Dr Jimmy
09-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Criticizing Brown for deliberately getting booked so he wouldn't miss big game.
Yet then goes on to say he had done it himself.
Irony is lost on him DOH!!!

DOH!!! = Director of Hoofball...??

ancient hibee
09-02-2018, 05:29 PM
He didn't criticise him.He said Brown did it.He said lots of players including himself did it.Top non story.