PDA

View Full Version : Callum Patterson

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Did his contract run out at Hearts or did Cardiff buy him? Just watching English highlights and he's looking excellent. Hope the pink scarf twirlers don't have a sell on clause or could make them serious money.

Boyle89
04-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Did his contract run out at Hearts or did Cardiff buy him? Just watching English highlights and he's looking excellent. Hope the pink scarf twirlers don't have a sell on clause or could make them serious money.

Let his contract run down. Hearts offered him one when he was injured but didnt sign it.

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Let his contract run down. Hearts offered him one when he was injured but didnt sign it.

Pleasing

Calidad
04-02-2018, 09:50 AM
He’s a good player to be honest, at least within the context of Scottish football. I think he’d be a good option at RB for Scotland, with Tierney on the opposite flank. Tierney isn’t a RB.

erin go bragh
04-02-2018, 09:50 AM
The 22-year-old Scottish full back joined Cardiff through freedom of contract after his Heart of Midlothian deal expired on May 31.

And though the Bluebirds paid Hearts £400,000 in compensation and Paterson insisted a sell-on fee was included his three-year contract, fans and journalists have hailed the move as a coup and a bargain for Neil Warnock's side.

SirDavidsNapper
04-02-2018, 09:56 AM
The 22-year-old Scottish full back joined Cardiff through freedom of contract after his Heart of Midlothian deal expired on May 31.

And though the Bluebirds paid Hearts £400,000 in compensation and Paterson insisted a sell-on fee was included his three-year contract, fans and journalists have hailed the move as a coup and a bargain for Neil Warnock's side.

Oh dear. Can see him as an Andy Robertson type.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Good on him

Ozyhibby
04-02-2018, 10:42 AM
He a great player. He was a great player for the yams as well. Before his injury he was heading for about 20 goals for the season playing right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godsahibby
04-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Good to see him back fit and playing well, he is exactly what Scotland need on the right. I am just glad he is doing it down south and not across the road!!

CMurdoch
04-02-2018, 11:06 AM
A very good player that has fought back well from a bad injury.
He is driven and is one Scottish player that won't be coming back anytime soon.

BullsCloseHibs
04-02-2018, 01:14 PM

Hearts are class at failing to sell at the right time, renewing contracts etc
They must have lost serious millions over the years.
Wonder what their direct debit idiots make of it? 😁

CentreLine
04-02-2018, 01:21 PM

If the quote about sell on clause is accurate then you have to think Hearts will benefit if and when he is next moved on.

04-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Good player. Glad he's away from them because he was always one of their big threats.

Jack Hackett
04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Wonder what their direct debit idiots make of it? ��

Andy Driver... £4m+ (hertz) valuation 2009, moved on for £0.00 2011 :faf:

When it comes to sp*nking money, hertz are world class. Been at it for decades and haven't changed since admin slowed them down a bit. Pretty much back up to speed now though

J-C
04-02-2018, 02:11 PM
I watched him against Man City last week and he was half decent against them, playing in the number 10 role.

Hibbyradge
04-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Andy Driver... £4m+ (hertz) valuation 2009, moved on for £0.00 2011 :faf:

When it comes to sp*nking money, hertz are world class. Been at it for decades and haven't changed since admin slowed them down a bit. Pretty much back up to speed now though

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/news/18001/berra-could-be-a-20m-star/

where'stheslope
04-02-2018, 02:24 PM
What a fickle forum this is!!!

Before he left he was a numpty who had no Scotland class whatsoever, then leaves the Yams and he is now looking like a player????

Hibby Bairn
04-02-2018, 02:49 PM
And played youth football for Tynecastle till he was 15 or 16 I think. Non pro-youth “product”.

hibeg
04-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Very good player who has been pushed forward as an attacking midfielder by Cardiff. If he is not in the next Scotland team I will be very surprised.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Where as Ché Petrie’s timing of selling players is ....

stevie-bee
04-02-2018, 07:53 PM
And played youth football for Tynecastle till he was 15 or 16 I think. Non pro-youth “product”.
I think the team he played in at Tynecastle all stayed together until the end of the season u16, 13 of the squad signed for professional teams

Ringothedog
04-02-2018, 08:03 PM
What a fickle forum this is!!!

Before he left he was a numpty who had no Scotland class whatsoever, then leaves the Yams and he is now looking like a player????

It’s called local rivalry

Mibbes Aye
04-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Very decent player and it augurs well for Scotland that we have young, good talent on both flanks.

Don't mind his HOMFC background, it 's the dodgy tache that always put me off him.

mca
04-02-2018, 08:16 PM
If the quote about sell on clause is accurate then you have to think Hearts will benefit if and when he is next moved on.

That's what i was thinking.. if they got 400k for him and he has a sell on clause - they could maybe make another million or 2.. ??

hibbysam
04-02-2018, 08:18 PM
That's what i was thinking.. if they got 400k for him and he has a sell on clause - they could maybe make another million or 2.. ??

Highly doubt it. I’d imagine it’s around 10-15%. No way is any club buying him for £15-20m. If he’s sold it’ll be for a few million, maybe £5m, so they may make another £500k from him. However that’s all dependant in his form continuing and him actually getting a decent move.

superfurryhibby
04-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Taking off the green tinted specs, you'd have to say he is a decent player. Big athletic laddie, strong in the air and decent on the ball. Glad he left the Hearts.

JimBHibees
04-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Athletic and tall, the end.

hibeg
04-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Highly doubt it. I’d imagine it’s around 10-15%. No way is any club buying him for £15-20m. If he’s sold it’ll be for a few million, maybe £5m, so they may make another £500k from him. However that’s all dependant in his form continuing and him actually getting a decent move.

jeez, take your green tinted specs off and look at the big picture. Have you seen some of the prices quoted for championship players ? Tom Cairney from Fulham, they turn down 15 odd million from West Ham !!!
Paterson will go for more than that amount when Cardiff sell him.

calumhibee1
04-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Athletic and tall, the end.

He's not a great footballer but he is incredibly athletic. Not many players will outrun him or outmuscle him and I'd suggest that next to nobody will do both.

Delboy4
04-02-2018, 10:42 PM
I think the team he played in at Tynecastle all stayed together until the end of the season u16, 13 of the squad signed for professional teams

Only 3 or 4 signed professional. My son played for the same team.

Calum went to Hearts when he was 16. Hearts have a 20% sell on clause which should bring them £1m/£2m when he moves on.

hibbysam
04-02-2018, 11:13 PM
jeez, take your green tinted specs off and look at the big picture. Have you seen some of the prices quoted for championship players ? Tom Cairney from Fulham, they turn down 15 odd million from West Ham !!!
Paterson will go for more than that amount when Cardiff sell him.

You think Paterson will move for £20m+ 😂

Greencore
05-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Wonder what their direct debit idiots make of it?

my favourite ever player for them in that context is the chilean boy they lost out on millions for him

paid around 900k for him, played twice. boy bled them dry being "injured". contract expired and signed with another team then a big money move to Italy with over 12m in transfer fees since leaving. amazing..

pleasing