PDA

View Full Version : Trouble seems to follow us around

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 11:46 AM
As a long time Hibby I have watched the good and Bad teams. We seem to have more trouble than other teams. Stokes, Swanson and Boyle. Lattapy before cup final. Best continually missing. Neil Lennon is a disciplinarion and as such I was glad when he was appointed Manager. I still find issues with current situation why are Swanson & Boyle playing and Stokes is dropped. I personally think we should be told the full extent of the problems. Lennon and Stokes have obviously fell out big time and the Manager has taken the decision to get rid. A few weeks ago in an interview Neil said he was Very happy at Hibs. I now think he is angling for the Scottish job. If he holds talks I'm sure he will be off. As much as I like Alan Stubbs I don't think he is the right fit for us I would suggest if he goes bring in Strachan.

One Day Soon
28-01-2018, 12:03 PM
FFS, this post is worse than pi5h.

Rix, Thomson, Romanov, the guy with the gun, Poppy money going missing.....but it's us that trouble follows around? Get a grip.

Greencore
28-01-2018, 12:06 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 12:06 PM
These colours don't run etc etc ya bass. We may like a scrap but we don't hide in cludgies on crucial match days.

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:07 PM

Rix, Thomson, Romanov, the guy with the gun, Poppy money going missing.....but it's us that trouble follows around? Get a grip.

Yams ram people for 70 mill. Black on coke. Hitler salutes at Tynie. Sectarian and homophobic song ring out from the Gorge faithful. Rather have our troubles.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Yams ram people for 70 mill. Black on coke. Hitler salted at Tunis. Sectarian and homophobic song ring out from the Gorge. Rather have our troubles.

Whatever this typo is, I'm pretty sure you can't pin it on the Yams.

:greengrin

Stuart93
28-01-2018, 12:09 PM
What a strange thread

lucky
28-01-2018, 12:14 PM
Why should Hibs devolve internal matters? Lennon is dealing with it. Stokes may have personal problems or maybe just be a bit bammy. None of us know but we mustn’t let an incident in Portugal to turn us into a bad boys football club.

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Whatever this typo is, I'm pretty sure you can't pin it on the Yams.

:greengrin

So Hitler salutes at football entirely random and nothing to do with a club's culture?

snooky
28-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Hibsnet is getting quite spicy these days. :duck:

Carheenlea
28-01-2018, 12:24 PM
There's a lot to absorb from this post - a trail of carnage left behind from unruly individuals over a 30 year period, culminating in Lennon leaving for Scotland job and Strachan taking his seat in the Hibs dugout.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:25 PM
So Hitler salutes at football entirely random and nothing to do with a club's culture?

Salted at Tunis?

I know that the Romans laid down salt after they defeated Carthage. Is that what you mean? :greengrin

snooky
28-01-2018, 12:27 PM

I think that was a 'whoosh' (he referred to you post pre-correction).

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Salted at Tunis?

I know that the Romans laid down salt after they defeated Carthage. Is that what you mean? :greengrin

Typing late in the Evening in Singaporean after a few bevies.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Typing late in the Evening in Singaporean after a few babies.

Wanna correct that one too? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
28-01-2018, 12:29 PM
And the fans, dinnae forget the fans. Bloody 90s casuals, smoking pot in the bogs at Falkirk, pitch invasions including destruction of property and assaulting a whole team of players.

Time this horrible club was closed down by the authorities :grr:

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Wanna correct that one too? :greengrin

Sorry it is baby making week though!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Yams ram people for 70 mill. Black on coke. Hitler salutes at Tynie. Sectarian and homophobic song ring out from the Gorge faithful. Rather have our troubles.

... Casper the ghost, sideline attack on Lennon, Foundation of Hearts charity swindle, Supporters bus swindle, punters dodging lumps of asbestos in the old death-trap stand, bananas as missiles, medal-less cretins making racial slurs, financial doping until they killed their club, youth team traversing the country in a clapped out Mk2 Transit van.......

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Sorry it is baby making week though!

Is that a Singaporean thing? :greengrin

(now can't get Woody Allen out of my head... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj1smf-_vc)

O'Rourke3
28-01-2018, 12:34 PM
As a long time Hibby I have watched the good and Bad teams. We seem to have more trouble than other teams. Stokes, Swanson and Boyle. Lattapy before cup final. Best continually missing. Neil Lennon is a disciplinarion and as such I was glad when he was appointed Manager. I still find issues with current situation why are Swanson & Boyle playing and Stokes is dropped. I personally think we should be told the full extent of the problems. Lennon and Stokes have obviously fell out big time and the Manager has taken the decision to get rid. A few weeks ago in an interview Neil said he was Very happy at Hibs. I now think he is angling for the Scottish job. If he holds talks I'm sure he will be off. As much as I like Alan Stubbs I don't think he is the right fit for us I would suggest if he goes bring in Strachan.

Oh dear.

So you'd be happy to have any or all internal matters of discipline, pay etc with your employer were fully public? That's what you demanded.

On the week we play Celtic the Celtic manager touts NL for the Scotland job and the Press lap dogs do the rest.....

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:35 PM
... Casper the ghost, sideline attack on Lennon, Foundation of Hearts charity swindle, Supporters bus swindle, punters dodging lumps of asbestos in the old death-trap stand, bananas as missiles, medal-less cretins making racial slurs, financial doping until they killed their club, youth team traversing the country in a clapped out Mk2 Transit van.......

We could fill a book.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 12:35 PM

Rix, Thomson, Romanov, the guy with the gun, Poppy money going missing.....but it's us that trouble follows around? Get a grip.Indeed, it's just that the media and others do a better job of kicking us than they do of the admin brothers, for example.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Starts thread then vanishes!! 🤔

I honestly have no idea where to start so I won’t even bother, strange to start another Stokes kinda tread but each to their own.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Absolute howler of a thread, get it binned.

FilipinoHibs
28-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Is that a Singaporean thing? :greengrin

(now can't get Woody Allen out of my head... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj1smf-_vc)

No it's very a very scientific approach to fertility. Think you will appreciate Crops. Will explain later.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 12:42 PM
No it's very a very scientific approach to fertility. Think you will appreciate Crops. Will explain later.

OK

So get off Hibs.net and get back to your baby-making.:greengrin

judas
28-01-2018, 12:42 PM

If it were up to me, this post would be forcibly held at the number one spot with only the original post and first response (yours) there to see.

Tobias Funke
28-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Extreme smell of faeces here.

We done it Dad
28-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Well he is doing it wrong then.

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Starts thread then vanishes!! 🤔

I honestly have no idea where to start so I won’t even bother, strange to start another Stokes kinda tread but each to their own.

Yes I started thread and I'm on Holiday so don't spend all Day on Hibs net. Some of us have a life. I made the point regards trouble following us around as it seems to be in cycles. George Best. Russel lattapy and now Anthony Stokes. I think it's important to find out the whole story or has Neil Lennon had enough too. I'm sorry if some people think it's a poor thread but I personally think it's important.

GeofferyMacleod
28-01-2018, 01:28 PM
As a long time Hibby I have watched the good and Bad teams. We seem to have more trouble than other teams. Stokes, Swanson and Boyle. Lattapy before cup final. Best continually missing. Neil Lennon is a disciplinarion and as such I was glad when he was appointed Manager. I still find issues with current situation why are Swanson & Boyle playing and Stokes is dropped. I personally think we should be told the full extent of the problems. Lennon and Stokes have obviously fell out big time and the Manager has taken the decision to get rid. A few weeks ago in an interview Neil said he was Very happy at Hibs. I now think he is angling for the Scottish job. If he holds talks I'm sure he will be off. As much as I like Alan Stubbs I don't think he is the right fit for us I would suggest if he goes bring in Strachan.Did you read that through before you posted it then still think it was a good idea to post it or did you just let the diarrhoea flow? Stokes, Swanson and Boyle in 2018, Latapy 17 years earlier and Best 21 years before that, what a real trail of devastation, destruction and troubles

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 01:29 PM
Yes I started thread and I'm on Holiday so don't spend all Day on Hibs net. Some of us have a life. I made the point regards trouble following us around as it seems to be in cycles. George Best. Russel lattapy and now Anthony Stokes. I think it's important to find out the whole story or has Neil Lennon had enough too. I'm sorry if some people think it's a poor thread but I personally think it's important.

Wish I had a life 😞

If you are posting stuff like that expect a reaction from folk questioning it! Loads of clubs have players who cause trouble it’s not just Hibs.

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Absolute howler of a thread, get it binned.

Here you! This thread's got plenty of life left in it. My popcorn's just out the pan! :greengrin

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Did you read that through before you posted it then still think it was a good idea to post it or did you just let the diarrhoea flow? Stokes, Swanson and Boyle in 2018, Latapy 17 years earlier and Best 21 years before that, what a real trail of devastation, destruction and troubles
Only person spouting s**t is you.

lyonhibs
28-01-2018, 01:33 PM

You just named 3 occasions in the last 40 years FFS. Every team up and down the land could do likewise.

Back to bed FFS.

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Only person spouting s**t is you.

You would prefer Strachan to Stubbs at ER?

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Looking at the thread title again, I think it would make a lovely song title.

BH Hibs
28-01-2018, 01:36 PM
FFS 1 defeat against them and this place is like suicide watch. Either that or it’s absolutely reeking.

GeofferyMacleod
28-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Only person spouting s**t is you.Aye, it's definitely me :LOL:

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:39 PM
You would prefer Strachan to Stubbs at ER?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Loads of posters on here complain if we bring back ex players but not many regards Stubbs coming back. IMO if we hadn't won the Scottish cup there was a possibility of him being sacked. Stubbs like ever player and backroom staff are all heroes but he left us to move to England. I don't see the love in with Stubbs although I like the guy. Would like to see Strachan here though if Lennon goes.

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Aye, it's definitely me :LOL:

Glad we are in agreement.

jacomo

I think if you start a thread you should hang about for a while to see how it develops. Just seems good etiquette.

sambajustice
Pishin ma breeks at this thread!! :faf::faf::faf:

George Best!!!! LOL

Hermit Crab
28-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Here you! This thread's got plenty of life left in it. My popcorn's just out the pan! :greengrin

:tee hee:

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:43 PM
I think if you start a thread you should hang about for a while to see how it develops. Just seems good etiquette.

Fair Point but some people on here don't like to hear others views. It's a matter of opinion and I would like to find out what's going on.

Thecat23
28-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Absolutely. Without a doubt. Loads of posters on here complain if we bring back ex players but not many regards Stubbs coming back. IMO if we hadn't won the Scottish cup there was a possibility of him being sacked. Stubbs like ever player and backroom staff are all heroes but he left us to move to England. I don't see the love in with Stubbs although I like the guy. Would like to see Strachan here though if Lennon goes.

Stubbs rebuilt Hibs from absolutely nothing and won us the cup while reaching another final that we dominated and should have won! Yet you don’t understand why some love the guy? The injuries and run of games played along with ridiculous refereeing decisions didn’t help us either in the play offs.

As for Strachan he’s horrific, and a dinosaur of the game.

sleeping giant
28-01-2018, 01:45 PM
Deary me :faf:

Wtf is going on ?:greengrin:greengrin

Thecat23
Fair Point but some people on here don't like to hear others views. It's a matter of opinion and I would like to find out what's going on.

See that’s fair enough, you could have posted this in the other Stokes thread though surely? Hibs might not be able to say what’s going on until the matter is solved! Either way it’ll all come out.

Bostonhibby
https://youtu.be/XU0yJS2smxI

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Stubbs rebuilt Hibs from absolutely nothing and won us the cup while reaching another final that we dominated and should have won! Yet you don’t understand why some love the guy? The injuries and run of games played along with ridiculous refereeing decisions didn’t help us either in the play offs.

I like the Guy too but Stubbs like many others jumped ship as he thought the grass was greener. Strachan would do a great job at Hibs.

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:46 PM

Thank you - saved me some typing and was the reason I asked the question.

The Green Goblin
28-01-2018, 01:49 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXU0yJS2smxI&ved=0ahUKEwia9PfW8vrYAhXHIcAKHT73APwQwqsBCCowAw&usg=AOvVaw10OTCBuaXUsBJ88rwok8Ql

:greengrin Good one. I was thinking more Elton John, set to the tune of "Sorry seems to be the hardest word". It would get ER rocking before every game!

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 01:50 PM
:greengrin Good one. I was thinking more Elton John, set to the tune of "Sorry seems to be the hardest word". It would get ER rocking before every game!A nice cheery wee version in keeping with the theme

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I like the Guy too but Stubbs like many others jumped ship as he thought the grass was greener. Strachan would do a great job at Hibs.Is that what happened?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Is that what happened?

No he is still Hibs Boss. Don't you know that

lapsedhibee
28-01-2018, 02:46 PM
As a long time Hibby I have watched the good and Bad teams. We seem to have more trouble than other teams. Stokes, Swanson and Boyle. Lattapy before cup final. Best continually missing.

Quite right. And not only that, but Willie Hamilton used to get a taxi straight from the pub before games at ER!

Zoro
28-01-2018, 02:46 PM

Not all what it’s made out to be lennon just wants a couple of players off the books so he can bring someone else in. Stokes swanson scapegoats as Boyle is on a long term contract. I find it baffling why lennon doesn’t just ban drinking especially when away abroad to train.

Aldo
28-01-2018, 02:58 PM
What a pile o pish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
28-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Crazy stuff

Sioux
28-01-2018, 05:09 PM

How important?

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Did you read that through before you posted it then still think it was a good idea to post it or did you just let the diarrhoea flow? Stokes, Swanson and Boyle in 2018, Latapy 17 years earlier and Best 21 years before that, what a real trail of devastation, destruction and troubles

It's almost like one of those luciferian whatsits...

Wellbankhibby
28-01-2018, 05:14 PM
How important?
Very important if I didn't feel it was important I would never had posted message. Something is going on and it's our club. I'm quite surprised more people are not concerned. I

hibsbollah
28-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Very important if I didn't feel it was important I would never had posted message. Something is going on and it's our club. I'm quite surprised more people are not concerned. I

Some of us are looking at the league table and thinking it looks not bad at all :dunno:

SideBurns
28-01-2018, 05:43 PM
You missed out Robin Rae, our radge Scotland under 21 goalie in the 80s who, if memory serves me correct, was lifted by ra polis for a car related incident before a game at Dens Park.

It has just been a century-long orgy of sin, law-breaking, and bevvying! Canon Hannan - if only you'd known what ye were starting doon there in the Cowgate!

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 05:48 PM
No he is still Hibs Boss. Don't you know thatI was talking about Stubbs.

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 05:48 PM
You missed out Robin Rae, our radge Scotland under 21 goalie in the 80s who, if memory serves me correct, was lifted by ra polis for a car related incident before a game at Dens Park.

It has just been a century-long orgy of sin, law-breaking, and bevvying! Canon Hannan - if only you'd known what ye were starting doon there in the Cowgate!I seen Alan Rough sitting in the bar at Jocks Lodge drinking a lager shandy when he was Hibs keeper.

I should have grassed him in straight away or at least held him down until Torquemada arrived but he agreed to autograph my arm so I let him off with a good talking to about the dangers of lager.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2018, 05:49 PM

It has just been a century-long orgy of sin, law-breaking, and bevvying! Canon Hannan - if only you'd known what ye were starting doon there in the Cowgate!He's my pal's cousin.

He took his mother's car without her permission. She shopped him. [emoji16]

Bostonhibby
28-01-2018, 05:51 PM
I was talking about Stubbs.

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkHe was trouble as well, if he hadn't won that cup we'd never have been on the pitch.

Or would we?

SideBurns
28-01-2018, 05:55 PM
He's my pal's cousin.

He took his mother's car without her permission. She shopped him. [emoji16]

Ha ha - that's brilliant. Thing is, I thought he was a really good young keeper. But - by all accounts - radge as the proverbial brush (even for a goalie).

Smartie
28-01-2018, 05:55 PM
It's funny how every club seems to think it only affects them.

I've started to take a passing interest in Sunderland - whilst they're all gnashing and wailing about what's going on at their club, they highlight the many, many scandalous troublesome incidents that have blighted them in recent years.

They're convinced there's a rotten core at the club, a drinking culture that is bringing the club down (which has come from a rumour-frenzy starting every time one of the players pops out for a quiet pint).

Every club has its problems - and whenever results take a small dip, people start looking for reasons, often finding problems that don't even exist.

heretoday
28-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Is that what happened?

I think not.

Forza Fred
29-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Extreme smell of faeces here.

Yep showed a reading of ‘high probability’ on my Jambometer Detector😂

Firestarter
29-01-2018, 01:12 AM
Imagine being a Jambo knowing they willingly associate themselves with the war heros of Macraes to actually make money off the sacrifice the people of Edinburgh made at the time after selling poppies at their ground and keeping the money willingly knowing they weren't going to pay it. That's proper trouble. We have many associates of our club that have had trouble but we know that. We don't pretend to be something we aren't either. Who's that old dear from keeping up appearances? bucket, that's who hearts remind me of. 1902.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Hibs have (or had) an employment law specialist on the board (Amanda?)
I trust the club to do the right thing re disclosure.
Needs handled right by players and club.

Edit: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-have-law-on-their-side-as-jones-joins-board-1-682541