PDA

View Full Version : A thought for those suffering this Xmas

hibsbollah
25-12-2017, 11:18 AM
... with the ****ing inlaws staying :grr:

I mean, what the ****. I've just opened my Hotel Chocolat box of chocolates this morning and offered them round. The mother in law went straight in for the champagne truffle, '' 'ooo I love these, thanks Bollah' she says. I come back an hour later and find the bottom drawers been opened out and the second and final champagne truffle has gone as well.

Bah ****ing humbug.

Tornadoes70
25-12-2017, 11:52 AM

I mean, what the ****. I've just opened my Hotel Chocolat box of chocolates this morning and offered them round. The mother in law went straight in for the champagne truffle, '' 'ooo I love these, thanks Bollah' she says. I come back an hour later and find the bottom drawers been opened out and the second and final champagne truffle has gone as well.

Bah ****ing humbug.

:faf:

Sympathies for you but its quite hilarious.

Reminds me of the old as the hills mother in law joke -

My mate hasn't spoken to his mother in law for the past 20 years.

Couldn't get a word in edgeways.

Scouse Hibee
25-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Today is the one day of the year I love speaking to the Mother in Law. On the phone, as she is in Edinburgh and we are in Liverpool.😁

patch1875
25-12-2017, 01:37 PM
My sweetie stash gets hidden.

I don’t share food!

Mibbes Aye
25-12-2017, 01:38 PM

Bah ****ing humbug.

That’s shoddy :agree:

hibsbollah
25-12-2017, 04:24 PM
That’s shoddy :agree:

:agree:she's a creature, right enough. Unforgivable.

Mibbes Aye
25-12-2017, 04:28 PM
:agree:she's a creature, right enough. Unforgivable.

Not my place to give advice, especially when it’s a family situation , but if I was to chuck in my tuppenceworth, say nothing and assume the moral high ground. You will hopefully get the chance for her comeuppance in time.

Alfiembra
25-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Always remember the Les Dawson gag when he opened the door to his mother in law on a dark rainy night he says “ Don’t stand there getting wet, Go home”

snooky
26-12-2017, 08:18 PM
My heart goes out to young Jimmy Boyd who (according to his song) caught his tramp of a mother kissing Santa Claus. Shocking thing for a young lad to witness.

Mr White
26-12-2017, 08:32 PM
My heart goes out to young Jimmy Boyd who (according to his song) caught his tramp of a mother kissing Santa Claus. Shocking thing for a young lad to witness.

Indeed. Many a future present ruined for him by seeing the reality of what Santa's sack was really all about.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Always feel sorry for Olive, the other reindeer.

Future17
27-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Always feel sorry for Olive, the other reindeer.

She wasn't very nice to Rudolph.

hibsbollah
29-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Only 12 hours to go and she's gone down the A1. I can bring the best of the food and drink out of hiding and will be free of inane comments, casual racism and flatulence. Freedom.

Sylar
29-12-2017, 05:39 PM
You have my sympathies - I'm definitely not in this boat.

My Mother-in-law (despite being a ST holder at Ibrox) is one of the most amazing human beings I know, and regularly opens her house up at Christmas to invite my family in addition to her own, meaning we're always altogether on Christmas Day.

She always buys all of the food and drink at Christmas, and usually spends 2 days prepping and cooking everything, making sure the house is spotless in the process.

Granted, 3 solid days of being in their house and I was suddenly very focused on being active, and began walking 10 miles each day just to get some me time :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-12-2017, 06:27 PM
You have my sympathies - I'm definitely not in this boat.

My Mother-in-law (despite being a ST holder at Ibrox) is one of the most amazing human beings I know, and regularly opens her house up at Christmas to invite my family in addition to her own, meaning we're always altogether on Christmas Day.

She always buys all of the food and drink at Christmas, and usually spends 2 days prepping and cooking everything, making sure the house is spotless in the process.

Granted, 3 solid days of being in their house and I was suddenly very focused on being active, and began walking 10 miles each day just to get some me time :greengrin

Any chance of swapping? :faf:

I've just been the victim of a lecture on how most homeless people are druggies who could be off the streets if they wanted to, it's just a lifestyle choice apparently.

--------
29-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Bah ****ing humbug.

This is why I've always had one room set apart as "the study" - or as my late wife called it, "the playroom".

All Doddie-destined sweeties go under lock and key in the playroom until the Morlocks leave. Under no circumstances do good chocolates make an appearance, far less get opened, in their presence. Mothers-in-law are the reason God created Ferrero Rocher and Snickers bars.

Only 12 hours to go and she's gone down the A1. I can bring the best of the food and drink out of hiding and will be free of inane comments, casual racism and flatulence. Freedom.

She collects stamps? Cannae be all bad, then.

Any chance of swapping? :faf:

I've just been the victim of a lecture on how most homeless people are druggies who could be off the streets if they wanted to, it's just a lifestyle choice apparently.

I was speaking to a gentleman on Airdrie station on Christmas Eve about this.

A very courteous gentleman, he was in the fortunate position of having a roof over his head for the duration of the Christmas period - that is, for the 24th, 25th and 26th December. After that he was on his own. I'm sure he would have loved to have had access to mind-altering substances - reality was, in his case, an evil bitch who regularly and frequently reared up and kicked him in his most sensitive body-parts and then stood over him laughing. He didn't ask me for money - he was waiting for his train and we were simply passing the time before its arrival in quiet conversation. He made no inane comments, his conversation was in no way -casual or otherwise - racist, and at no time did either of us break wind.

I really don't think his situation was the result of a lifestyle choice.

Since Scotrail doesn't sell alcoholic beverages on their premises, we parted with my contributing a little something to his financial resources on the strict understanding that he wouldn't spend it on a 'nutritious meal' or anything else sensible, but blow it on whatever pleasure - alcoholic or otherwise - might take his fancy. He promised me he would do so.

I hope you'll pardon me saying this, but he seems much nicer than your MIL.

hibsbollah
29-12-2017, 07:38 PM
This is why I've always had one room set apart as "the study" - or as my late wife called it, "the playroom".

All Doddie-destined sweeties go under lock and key in the playroom until the Morlocks leave. Under no circumstances do good chocolates make an appearance, far less get opened, in their presence. Mothers-in-law are the reason God created Ferrero Rocher and Snickers bars.

She collects stamps? Cannae be all bad, then.

I was speaking to a gentleman on Airdrie station on Christmas Eve about this.

A very courteous gentleman, he was in the fortunate position of having a roof over his head for the duration of the Christmas period - that is, for the 24th, 25th and 26th December. After that he was on his own. I'm sure he would have loved to have had access to mind-altering substances - reality was, in his case, an evil bitch who regularly and frequently reared up and kicked him in his most sensitive body-parts and then stood over him laughing. He didn't ask me for money - he was waiting for his train and we were simply passing the time before its arrival in quiet conversation. He made no inane comments, his conversation was in no way -casual or otherwise - racist, and at no time did either of us break wind.

I really don't think his situation was the result of a lifestyle choice.

Since Scotrail doesn't sell alcoholic beverages on their premises, we parted with my contributing a little something to his financial resources on the strict understanding that he wouldn't spend it on a 'nutritious meal' or anything else sensible, but blow it on whatever pleasure - alcoholic or otherwise - might take his fancy. He promised me he would do so.

I hope you'll pardon me saying this, but he seems much nicer than your MIL.

:aok: