PDA

View Full Version : New star wars film - the last jedi

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen this?

The more i think about it, the more im not sure about it

patch1875
15-12-2017, 02:07 PM
I’m the same didn’t think much of the last one either but loved rogue one.

RoslinInstHibby
15-12-2017, 02:19 PM
really enjoyed it, took bold steps that could allow the movies to go on for years, however there was maybe 3 bits in it I REALLY didn't like.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-12-2017, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed it, im just a bit scunnered about how much they are just re-hashing the story lines from the first three films.

Ive come to the conclusion that the new films will never be what i want them to be - christopher nolan esque reboots of the batman films, whixh i thought were great.

Ill still watch and enjoy the new films, but my enthusiasm has diminished hugely - maybe it is just an age thing!

JeMeSouviens
15-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Spoiler alert - it's Empire Strikes Back reboot. Well done though. In fact, the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Spoiler alert - it's Empire Strikes Back reboot. Well done though. In fact, the best Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. :greengrin

Totally. It always concerned me that in enpire and the new one, the rebels attack the imperial walkers front on - im no clausewitz or patten, but surely if they flew around them and attacked from the rear,they might be more successful.

No wonder the rebels keep losing...

hibsbollah
15-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Sorry but that was ****ing ace. Loved it. Laura Dern was badly miscast, some of the cutie pie animals i could do without, but the best Star Wars since we were back in Hoth as others have said.

beensaidbefore
15-12-2017, 08:45 PM
I enjoyed it, im just a bit scunnered about how much they are just re-hashing the story lines from the first three films.

Ive come to the conclusion that the new films will never be what i want them to be - christopher nolan esque reboots of the batman films, whixh i thought were great.

Ill still watch and enjoy the new films, but my enthusiasm has diminished hugely - maybe it is just an age thing!

I'm the same. Not sure if nostalgia plays a part, but for me the original 3 are the best, even rotj.

The middle 3 were a joke and did a lot to put me off the franchise as a whole.

The last one was basically a rehash of new hope, and by the sounds of things this is similar to strikes back.

Maybe I am too old😢

beensaidbefore
15-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Sorry but that was ****ing ace. Loved it. Laura Dern was badly miscast, some of the cutie pie animals i could do without, but the best Star Wars since we were back in Hoth as others have said.

Glad to hear. Hopefully this is the one to get me back onside.

green leaves
15-12-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm auld and grew up with the original trilogy.
Went to see the latest instalment tonight and it was awesome.
Makes me feel 7 again

Mon Dieu4
15-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I've now seen it twice, the first time I would have scored it 7 or 8 out of 10, now I'm at 6, some really good parts but there are some parts that really really bug me, in no way shape or form is it a remake of Empire (I wish they had just rehashed it), it's nowhere near in the same class

Tyler Durden
15-12-2017, 09:43 PM
I've now seen it twice, the first time I would have scored it 7 or 8 out of 10, now I'm at 6, some really good parts but there are some parts that really really bug me, in no way shape or form is it a remake of Empire (I wish they had just rehashed it), it's nowhere near in the same class

Yeah I'm in the same boat, certainly bears no comparison to Empire.

I did enjoy it but thought there were major story problems. Seems clear that they wrote The Force Awakens with no idea at the time what was to follow. I think JJ Abrams has admitted as much?

To me they have taken 2 of the major questions posed by that film and just decided to throw them away. One in particular doesn't make sense and I think people will feel a bit cheated by.

I'll wait a week or so before being specific incase anyone looks in this thread and sees spoilers inadvertently

BroxburnHibee
16-12-2017, 11:20 AM
It was okay without being brilliant.

More questions than answers with one pretty silly scene too.

6/10

DavidDavidGray
18-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Would give it an 8 or 9. Really really enjoyed it and thought it made bold decisions that will pay off

hibs#1
19-12-2017, 03:37 PM
I enjoyed it. Could probably nitpick parts here and there that I didn't like. Think it used to setup the future of the franchise more than anything.

GlesgaeHibby
06-01-2018, 01:29 PM

Finally got round to seeing it last night, and totally agree. Absolutely tremendous and a fitting tribute to Carrie Fisher. Some of the new characters are truly excellent (Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose). The action scenes were great, the scenes with Rey and Luke were great and the last 5 minutes or so was incredible.