PDA

View Full Version : Star or Fairy on top of the tree?

Gatecrasher
01-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Discuss :tree:tree:xtree2:xtree2

:xwave:blowing

Radium
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Angel [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
I put a star on mine.

Hibrandenburg
01-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Anyone know where I can buy a gold or silver harp?

Jack
01-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Death Star from Star Wars!

Pete
01-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Star.

What happened to 12 days before and twelve days after?

It’s morphed into “end of November to New year”

Eaststand
01-12-2017, 11:41 AM
A fairy holding a star :-)

GGTTH

patch1875
01-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Usually the cat

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2017, 04:19 PM
A fairy holding a star whilst perched on the shoulders of an angel.

stoneyburn hibs
01-12-2017, 07:30 PM
A fairy holding a star whilst perched on the shoulders of an angel.

Too far Scouse.

snooky
01-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Don't have any Christmas decorations, tree or anything. If I had a tree, I'd put the Grinch on the top of it .
Bah humbug rules!

lord bunberry
02-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Don't have any Christmas decorations, tree or anything. If I had a tree, I'd put the Grinch on the top of it .
Bah humbug rules!
Booo. I love Christmas. Seeing the look on my babies face on Christmas morning is the highlight of my year. I reckon I’ve got this year and next year before she realises and after that it will never be the same again. Taking her to see Santa in princes street gardens, followed by a few goes on the terrifying rids on Christmas Eve has become a family tradition. We then go and see the panto at the brunton theatre and come home and sprinkle the glitter on the path outside our house. We then leave the mince pies, carrots and a generous nip of whisky (which I consume in order to maintain the pretence) for Santa before putting the wee one to bed.
How can you not like that? It’s a magical time.

danhibees1875
02-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Just moved in with my girlfriend and bought our first tree and all the decorations - the star we had in the decorations kit doesn't stay in place though, the top branch buckles under the weight.

I was thinking a high resolution picture of David Gray celebrating at Hampden would have been a good tree topper though.

Hibrandenburg
02-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Discuss :tree:tree:xtree2:xtree2

:xwave:blowing

I've gone for a minaret.

Pete
02-12-2017, 09:57 AM
I've gone for a minaret.

It might just be the crappy picture on my phone, but is that a photobombing parrot in a cage?

snooky
02-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Booo. I love Christmas. Seeing the look on my babies face on Christmas morning is the highlight of my year. I reckon I’ve got this year and next year before she realises and after that it will never be the same again. Taking her to see Santa in princes street gardens, followed by a few goes on the terrifying rids on Christmas Eve has become a family tradition. We then go and see the panto at the brunton theatre and come home and sprinkle the glitter on the path outside our house. We then leave the mince pies, carrots and a generous nip of whisky (which I consume in order to maintain the pretence) for Santa before putting the wee one to bed.
How can you not like that? It’s a magical time.

I partially agree, LB. When the kids were young , Christmas was okay. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
02-12-2017, 10:42 AM
It might just be the crappy picture on my phone, but is that a photobombing parrot in a cage?

Ha ha. I had to look at the photo again because it's about 2 years old. Yes it is, it's a fake parrot my 8 year old got in a secret Santa present. What looks like a cage is actually a climbing frame for an indoor climbing tropical flower. :greengrin

Just Jimmy
03-12-2017, 10:34 AM
picture of SDG.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
03-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Used to be a star. Will be a; angel this year.

More important than what goes on top of the tree is the colour of the lights. It has to be white. Those multi coloured things are garish and tacky.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2017, 11:56 AM
A fairy holding a star :-)

GGTTH

Julian Clary? :-)

snooky
05-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Julian Clary? :-)

Bags first dibs on inserting the Christmas Tree.

Swedish hibee
11-12-2017, 12:05 PM
We don't put the tree up until Christmas eve on the 23rd, and it only has lights & tinsel on it... and nothing on the top! The top is only for where the lights start, and they go vertically down- not around. Swedish chic!!!

Gatecrasher
11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
We don't put the tree up until Christmas eve on the 23rd, and it only has lights & tinsel on it... and nothing on the top! The top is only for where the lights start, and they go vertically down- not around. Swedish chic!!!

Interestingly enough the tree at my work is almost as you described (bobbles attached as well), maybe a new trend starting.

Swedish hibee
11-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Interestingly enough the tree at my work is almost as you described (bobbles attached as well), maybe a new trend starting.

We don't put any ornaments on them, except we put little Swedish flags tied on string to the tree and that's it. We tend to decorate our homes rather than the tree.
I've made friends with a Rangers fan over here (I know!) and he jokes the trees in homes look like they are sponsored by Ikea!!!

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2017, 04:36 PM
We don't put any ornaments on them, except we put little Swedish flags tied on string to the tree and that's it. We tend to decorate our homes rather than the tree.
I've made friends with a Rangers fan over here (I know!) and he jokes the trees in homes look like they are sponsored by Ikea!!!Is it ok to mention flags?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk