PDA

View Full Version : When will Marvin Bartley score a goal ?

GreenCastle
03-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Funny article in EEN about his team mates giving him some stick about not scoring yet.

Would love to see him score - one of my favourite players at the club!

A derby day winner would be priceless.

calumhibee1
03-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Funny article in EEN about his team mates giving him some stick about not scoring yet.

He wont. But if he does a derby day winner would be superb.

Elephant Stone
03-11-2017, 05:56 PM

His performances have been derby winners :not worth

GreenCastle
03-11-2017, 05:57 PM
His performances have been derby winners :not worth

That’s true. Has he ever lost a derby ?

H18 SFR
03-11-2017, 06:24 PM

Has he ever lost a 50/50?

Big_Franck
03-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Has he ever lost a 50/50?

Not against Hearts he hasn't.

He's also one of a number of our players including McGinn that have never lost an Edinburgh derby. Can't see it changing any time soon either.

Lancs Harp
03-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Got to admit I'd love to see Marv score too, love the guy.

According to wiki since signing as a pro with Bournemouth in 2007 he's scored 8 league goals (3 for Bournemouth, 3 for Burnley and 2 for Orient)

Tomorrow Marv, tomorrow.

seanshow
03-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Even a shot from the big man would be nice, cmon Marv!

Ryan91
03-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Even a shot from the big man would be nice, cmon Marv!

He's had a few, but unfortunately they have tended to be out the high, wide and not so pretty variety.

Having said that, I'd love to set Big Marv score, has to be a Lewy at Hunbrox type goal though

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Not against Hearts he hasn't.

He's also one of a number of our players including McGinn that have never lost an Edinburgh derby. Can't see it changing any time soon either.

There's an impressive number of our team who haven't lost to them. Darren McGregor, Dylan, SJM, Boyle and Marv among others. Last time they beat us Keatings was on the bench for them and Tudor Jones for us.

erin go bragh
03-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Maybe a deflection but can't see him scoring Jimmy Boco mark 2 :)

Ken
03-11-2017, 07:24 PM
I might have the wrong player, but wasn't it Bartley that had the video (think it was a training video) of him scoring loads of goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
03-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Its become a standing joke between me and a mate at the start of every game that 'this will be the day big Marv scores' .... still waiting :greengrin

Diclonius
03-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Of the current squad who have played in at least one derby, the following players have never lost one:
Marciano
Fontaine
Bartley
McGinn
Slivka
Matulevicius
McGeouch
Murray
Boyle
Barker
McGregor
Ambrose

McGeouch and Fontaine have played in five derbies, more than anyone else on that list.

Lewis Stevenson is the only player to play in every game of the 8 in a row.

theonlywayisup
04-11-2017, 07:00 AM
Of the current squad who have played in at least one derby, the following players have never lost one:
Marciano
Fontaine
Bartley
McGinn
Slivka
Matulevicius
McGeouch
Murray
Boyle
Barker
McGregor
Ambrose

McGeouch and Fontaine have played in five derbies, more than anyone else on that list.

Lewis Stevenson is the only player to play in every game of the 8 in a row.

Has McGinn not played five as well. The four cup games and the league game this season. I missed last season's game at Tiny so can't recall the team for that one.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Has McGinn not played five as well. The four cup games and the league game this season. I missed last season's game at Tiny so can't recall the team for that one.

Yes he has, along with Bartley.

Hibs1969
04-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Big Marv had that mazy run into the box against Dundee but then got stage fright and allowed the keeper to close him down. That's the nearest I can remember him getting that first goal. Maybe today?

I saw a disparaging comment on kickback about him being a 30+ year old journeyman from the English lower leagues who in time to come would be outperformed by their 16 year old hatchetman in. I scratched my head trying to recall any recent Derby where he hasn't bossed the midfield and shut them down at every turn. And there wasn't one, he has been outstanding against them.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Big Marv had that mazy run into the box against Dundee but then got stage fright and allowed the keeper to close him down. That's the nearest I can remember him getting that first goal. Maybe today?

I saw a disparaging comment on kickback about him being a 30+ year old journeyman from the English lower leagues who in time to come would be outperformed by their 16 year old hatchetman in. I scratched my head trying to recall any recent Derby where he hasn't bossed the midfield and shut them down at every turn. And there wasn't one, he has been outstanding against them.

Yup ... screw goals .... When he leaves apart from being a cup winning legend big Marv will be remembered for dominating the Yams in practically every derby he played in. Its indicative of the average Yams knowledge of football that they cant acknowledge how many times he has been the difference in these matches, I bet their players hate seeing his name on the team sheet, they know what he brings.

Mind you ... If you want a sign of how far behind the Yams have fallen in the attitude that used to enable them to dominate the derby its their manager suggesting Barley would be afraid to take the piss out of one of their players to his face ... talk about not knowing your opponent :greengrin

147lothian
04-11-2017, 11:23 AM
It doesn't really bother me that big Marv hasn't scored a goal, IMO his contribution to the team has been immense since he came in and as a holding midfield player he's not going to get forward enough to get the opportunities so my advice to big Marv would be don't worry about goals if it comes great but even if it doesn't your role within the team doesn't go unrecognized

SirDavidsNapper
04-11-2017, 11:36 AM

Have any of the current team lost a derby? Hanlon and Stevenson maybe?

eastcoasthibby
04-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Got to get near the oppositions box to score ...so probably no point in putting any money on it happening unless.you can get a bet that he will score sometime in the next 2 years ...can anyone remember him actually having a shot ? ...😁

Hibs1969
04-11-2017, 11:58 AM
I think David Gray lost in the first derby of our first season in the championship when Liam Craig missed a penalty at the PBS. Seems like a lifetime ago considering what's gone on since then.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Bartley will score today.... put your mortgage on it

3pm
04-11-2017, 11:59 AM
I think David Gray lost in the first derby of our first season in the championship when Liam Craig missed a penalty at the PBS. Seems like a lifetime ago considering what's gone on since then.

Check out the team that day.....nae wonder he lost!

SirDavidsNapper
04-11-2017, 12:10 PM
I think David Gray lost in the first derby of our first season in the championship when Liam Craig missed a penalty at the PBS. Seems like a lifetime ago considering what's gone on since then.That penalty miss still irks me. Hearts should never have won that game

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Hanlon, Stevenson, Gray, Whittaker and Stokes have all been on the losing side in a derby.

lucky
04-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Has Marv ever had a shot at goal during his time at Hibs?

SirDavidsNapper
04-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Marv is one of my all time favourite Hibs players. I can't argue with Stubbs's Scottish cup final team selection as we obviously won it but I really felt he should have been involved on that glorious day.

Hibee87
04-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Has Marv ever had a shot at goal during his time at Hibs?

Did things not open up for him v dundee away? Seem to rember hin going on a wee run and getting an effort away. Cant mind if it was on target. Off or blocked though. Maybe even a 1 2 at edgenof box to but him through....memory a bit ***** tbh

MyJo
04-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Next penalty should have Marv's name on it :greengrin