PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Jack red card reduced to yellow

MartinfaePorty
02-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Absolute joke. Now only yellow if you kick and shove someone, apparently.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=17361

WeeRussell
02-11-2017, 11:28 AM
A joke. But not a surprise.

KazaHibs
02-11-2017, 11:36 AM
A joke. But not a surprise.

Shambles of a decision

Deansy
02-11-2017, 11:36 AM
GFA - now just taking the p*ss because they know nothing can be done !

DarlingtonHibee
02-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Can they confirm which lodge the appeal was held?

jax67
03-11-2017, 06:52 AM
Farce of a football governing body!!
What kind of message does this send out?!
Scottish football needs a total overhaul, starting with Regan and Doncaster. Rangers puppets!!

frazeHFC
03-11-2017, 07:24 AM
Was verging on assault. Ridiculous decision!

green with envy
03-11-2017, 07:25 AM
I'm sure the SFA thought, due to rangers missing the penalty and Kilmarnock going straight up the park and scoring due to his sending off was punishment enough.:agree:

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Was verging on assault. Ridiculous decision!

Clear kick on broadfoot understandable as that is :greengrin a red card every day of the week as was his attempted head butt on Stokes which again was a stick on red overturned.

SirDavidsNapper
03-11-2017, 08:39 AM
He's a dirty wee rat. Reminds me of Ian Black in every way. Limited wee wind up merchant.

CorrieHibs
03-11-2017, 08:41 AM
And the rangers fans think the SPFL and SFA are against them lol

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 08:54 AM
And the rangers fans think the SPFL and SFA are against them lol

Unfortunately in their deluded minds this sort of decision will justify their position that they are in that it proves he should never have been sent off anyway.

The refs that gave these decisions will not do it in future as they havent been backed up.

Scottie
03-11-2017, 09:00 AM
He's a dirty wee rat. Reminds me of Ian Black in every way. Limited wee wind up merchant.
:agree: Perfect fit for 'The Rangers'.

CallumLaidlaw
03-11-2017, 09:13 AM
As poor as our refs are, they get no protection from the SFA. The 2 rescinded Jack reds are proof of that. Ridiculous that they've been overturned. Clearly the rules must have changed, as motioning your head towards an opponent whetehr contact or not, was always a red card, as is lifting your hands. Jack done both of them against Broadfoot as well as kneeing him.

JimBHibees
03-11-2017, 09:14 AM
As poor as our refs are, they get no protection from the SFA. The 2 rescinded Jack reds are proof of that. Ridiculous that they've been overturned. Clearly the rules must have changed, as motioning your head towards an opponent whetehr contact or not, was always a red card, as is lifting your hands. Jack done both of them against Broadfoot as well as kneeing him.

Agree totally. :agree:

ballengeich
03-11-2017, 11:53 AM
As poor as our refs are, they get no protection from the SFA. The 2 rescinded Jack reds are proof of that.

The purpose of this type of appeal system in sport is to correct decisions in which an obvious error has been made. The current system seems to be overturning anything in which there is any chance that another referee might have made a different decision on the day. The refs have a hard enough job without being undermined by the people in authority like this. The decision on the day should stand unless it can shown to be definitely wrong.

It's not just the two appeals by Jack. I had a similar feeling about a couple of our successful cases last season and some others with a variety of clubs.

jax67
04-11-2017, 06:24 AM
I’d like to know the reason given for jacks
red card being reduced to yellow, or don’t reasons
have to be given, for such ludicrous decisions?