PDA

View Full Version : Do referees always re-watch their games?

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 05:08 PM
They obviously do if one of the ugly sisters issue a statement or complain so they can apologise, but do they always?

If they do then surely Dallas will hang up his whistle after last night's incompetence.

Unbelievable.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Off the top of my head;

Walker not getting booked.

Lafferty's elbowing.

No foul for SJM

Penalised Boyle for getting a boot in the face.

Not sending off the young laddie.

Wrongly booking a hertz player for nothing.

Pretty Boy
25-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Not playing advantage and instead awarding a free kick to Hibs late in the game when big Dave had been played in behind.

Bartley should have been booked in the 2nd half as well. Late challenege, that looked intentional, after McGinn had been fouled seconds before. May have been on Callaghan.

He wasn't bias in any way just completely useless.

Hibbyradge
25-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Not playing advantage and instead awarding a free kick to Hibs late in the game when big Dave had been played in behind.

Bartley should have been booked in the 2nd half as well. Late challenege, that looked intentional, after McGinn had been fouled seconds before. May have been on Callaghan.

He wasn't bias in any way just completely useless.

Agreed.

Smartie
25-10-2017, 05:36 PM
When you speak to referees, when they are assessing their own performance they look at totally different criteria to what we might use. You sometimes wonder if they've even watched the same game.

I remember speaking to George Smith once, and they seem to assess things like whether or not the referee was in the right position to give a decision, not whether or not they got the decision right.

It was a fair point (atrociously made) by Sevco in their statement in the aftermath of their game with Motherwell. Sometimes you need to take referees to task on their decision making, not the position they were in when they made the howling errors.

dangermouse
25-10-2017, 06:32 PM
I thought Dylan was lucky not to get a second yellow not long after his first booking

Lancs Harp
25-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Knowing Dallas he'll probably re watch it and decide he got everything right.

He'll make a fortune advertising for Specsavers when he hangs his whistle up.

James70
25-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Off the top of my head;

Lafferty's elbowing.

No foul for SJM

Also, allowing Hearts to play advantage then when it came to nothing giving them the free kick.

Eyrie
25-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Also, allowing Hearts to play advantage then when it came to nothing giving them the free kick.

Whilst at the same time ignoring Lafferty deliberately elbowing Ambrose in the face.

I saw that Lafferty's earlier deliberate elbow on Hanlon made the BBC highlights. One for the compliance officer and another case of a Yam getting a retrospective ban?

delbert
25-10-2017, 11:15 PM

A referee is perfectly entitled to bring the play back and award the original foul if the advantage doesn’t accrue at that time - just saying, it’s been that way for a number of seasons.

heretoday
26-10-2017, 03:52 AM
The foul on Mcginn by the young lad was a definite red. The ref decided to give the boy a break.
It's not in the rules for him to do that. If the law is not followed to the letter we've got problems.

Onion
26-10-2017, 05:32 AM
The foul on Mcginn by the young lad was a definite red. The ref decided to give the boy a break.
It's not in the rules for him to do that. If the law is not followed to the letter we've got problems.

And refs / SFA wonder why players retaliate? He was lucky it was a decent player and man like SJM and not some Yam Thug he hacked down.

Laddie has put down a marker early in his career and will be dealt with other players if he carries on like that.

CockneyRebel
26-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Off the top of my head;

Lafferty's elbowing.

No foul for SJM

I'm sure that's within the rules, if it isn't then it should be.

s.a.m
26-10-2017, 07:31 AM
[/B]I'm sure that's within the rules, if it isn't then it should be.

Pretty sure it is. Comes under: Miscellaneous, e.g. Being Ugly.

StevieC
26-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Second half Murray got pulled up for an offside after the ball had been knocked on by the knee of a Hearts player. I know it's the linesman that flags, but he was at opposite side of pitch and the ref should have seen it was knock on by the Hearts player.

Mainstandman
26-10-2017, 08:01 AM

I could see the point in that if Hibs were 3-0 up but what if Cochrane scored the equaliser.

where'stheslope
26-10-2017, 02:29 PM

I thought it was very similar to the red given to Paterson in the 1-1 game at Easter Road!

So it was a definite red card, but as he got yellow escapes any other judgement!!!!