PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans leaving early

timewilltell
15-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Given the additional 5 mins of added time yesterday v Aberdeen, and the fact I believe we were still in with a chance of a late goal, I was genuinely surprised at the sheer amount of fans leaving early...

There was literally thousands ...

NthCarolinaHibs
15-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Here we go again.....😴😴

oldbutdim
15-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Here we go again.....😴😴

You've gone off a bit early?

:greengrin

Malthibby
15-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Given the additional 5 mins of added time yesterday v Aberdeen, and the fact I believe we were still in with a chance of a late goal, I was genuinely surprised at the sheer amount of fans leaving early...

As I'm an Uberfan, I'm still in my seat in case they re-start the game.
To be honest, we have this debate on a regular basis; I don't leave early, some folk do. Quite a few of those leaving near me in the east had wee kids with them,
so I assume they were just getting them out of the way before the crush. Others are just Jessies.
GG

Lancs Harp
15-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Its probably a regular on every message board of every club in the country, both north and south of the border.

sleeping giant
15-10-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm still there

Arch Stanton
15-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Yet you never hear about follks filing out for a pie and bovril 10 mins before half time! Think of the goals they miss!

JimboHibs
15-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Admin this is slanderous it's ridiculous,I mean I had to leave early as my wife is African and erm she had a photo shoot to do,she'll raise any fish above her head wearing any nominated football top if the price is right !!!!

Shrekko
15-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Here we go again.....😴😴

You maybe feel that way but in truth it's astonishing how early and quickly the East in particular emptys. Hearts games are about the only exceptions.

Everyone can do as they please but doubt it's a positive for the players.

Heard the east is hard to get out off but I've never seen a stand as empty before the final whistle at other grounds.

keep the faith
15-10-2017, 04:44 PM
You maybe feel that way but in truth it's astonishing how early and quickly the East in particular emptys. Hearts games are about the only exceptions.

Heard the east is hard to get out off but I've never seen a stand as empty before the final whistle at other grounds.

Bang on. The east is shocking for folk leaving early. Must be so demoralizing for the players to see that stand empty with time still to be played.
Why folk spend so much and invest so much in this football club to leave games early is beyond me.

basehibby
15-10-2017, 04:44 PM

They are mugs - annoying mugs who get in the way if you're sitting near an aisle - but what can we do about it? They pay their gate money and if they want to miss the period of the game where they are statistically twice as likely to see a goal then that's their problem.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Yet you never hear about follks filing out for a pie and bovril 10 mins before half time! Think of the goals they miss!

Abohorrent behaviour why oh why do Hibs allow such behaviour?

Kiosks should only be open for the break and don’t get me started on folks taking a dump/going for a wee during the game ;)

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Probably folk with a drive in front of them ... it took me 15 minutes to get from the start of Leith Links to Seafield Road. Having said that, I don't get it either :dunno:

Pretty Boy
15-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Bang on. The east is shocking for folk leaving early. Must be so demoralizing for the players to see that stand empty with time still to be played.
Why folk spend so much and invest so much in this football club to leave games early is beyond me.

I doubt the players will even notice. I barely register anything going on around the park when playing in an amateur league because I'm so focussed on the game. I reckon you can multiply that quite a few times for pros playing in a game like yesterday.

I'm the type who stays nail the bitter end all the time, I've left one game early in my football supporting life but each to their own.

SRHibs
15-10-2017, 04:52 PM
People leave the East early because it takes an extra 10-15 minutes to get out if you stay until the end.

keep the faith
15-10-2017, 05:02 PM
People leave the East early because it takes an extra 10-15 minutes to get out if you stay until the end.

But you just wait. What's 10 mins to shuffle out the ground??

CMurdoch
15-10-2017, 05:04 PM

I wish more folk would leave early from the East so I could get out in less than 15 minutes!

brianmc
15-10-2017, 05:36 PM
But you just wait. What's 10 mins to shuffle out the ground??
But it's not just ten minutes is it?
Unless you live by the ground of course.
If like me you have a walk to where the car is parked then a drive back to Livingston then it's way more than that.
My seat is in the back row of the East. If I wait until the final whistle before heading to the exit the knock on effect is much bigger: last out the stadium means being amongst the last to get back to you car = last in the queue for getting out of the car park (I was parked opposite the Persevere fyi), which of course means you're also at the back of the traffic trying to escape the mess that is Edinburgh's streets.
Yesterday I did what I usually do. 2 minutes into the time added on I headed for the stairs. This meant I was almost at the bottom by the time the game finished.
We made it as far as Seafield Road at 5:45 - almost an hour after full time(and, of course, still with the drive back to Livi to go). It would've been at least 6pm had I stayed in my seat till time up.
I've better things to do with my Saturday nights than waste them sitting in traffic. Ta very much.

Nicho87
15-10-2017, 06:02 PM
The east stand has to be the slowest exit in Scottish football. No wonder people try and leave early.

HibbyKeith
15-10-2017, 06:07 PM

I suggest you take a look at Ibrox when we were there in August :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2017, 06:07 PM

I don't get why anyone would leave in this context; I never would. If there's three goals difference, fair enough, but, like you say, the game was there to play for.

emerald green
15-10-2017, 06:09 PM
People can leave when they like, but I wish everyone/most would stay until the end especially if there's only one goal in it.

For all sorts of reasons not everyone will.

Billy Whizz
15-10-2017, 06:45 PM
The east stand has to be the slowest exit in Scottish football. No wonder people try and leave early.

Ever been in the Wheatfield

superfurryhibby
15-10-2017, 06:49 PM
People can leave when they like, but I wish everyone/most would stay until the end especially if there's only one goal in it.

For all sorts of reasons not everyone will.

Yep.

I can get it if the game is firmly concluded but leaving before the end of a fairly high temp and quite rivetting game is bizarre.

Each to their own. The slow pace of the East exiting is perhaps a factor as I don't think anyone moved in the West until the final whistle went.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-10-2017, 06:52 PM
This is like the next gripe up from fans not going. I always stay to end because with an hour and a half drive home five or ten minutes makes no odds but there are plenty of faces around me who always leave at the same time no matter the occasion. My favourite early leaver was the boy in front of me who left at the sixth goal against Malmo and said I can't see us coming back into it now.

Carheenlea
15-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Getting beat heavily or comfortably ahead I can see why some would call it a day early safe in the knowledge they're not going to miss much, but an exodus like yesterday when game on a knife edge is harder to fathom. Doesn't bother me though, and people can leave whenever they please, but not something I do.

ancient hibee
15-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Somebody leaves our row 10 minutes before the end of every match and has done it since she got the seat a good few years ago.Somebody else arrives 2 minutes after kick off of every game regardless of the time of day.Maybe it's all part of a ritual that bears no name.

Hibernia&Alba
15-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Somebody leaves our row 10 minutes before the end of every match and has done it since she got the seat a good few years ago.Somebody else arrives 2 minutes after kick off of every game regardless of the time of day.Maybe it's all part of a ritual that bears no name.

Somebody who leaves ten minutes before the end of every match is going to miss a lot of goals. I just don't get it.

DTS
15-10-2017, 07:10 PM
If like me you have a walk to where the car is parked then a drive back to Livingston then it's way more than that.
My seat is in the back row of the East. If I wait until the final whistle before heading to the exit the knock on effect is much bigger: last out the stadium means being amongst the last to get back to you car = last in the queue for getting out of the car park (I was parked opposite the Persevere fyi), which of course means you're also at the back of the traffic trying to escape the mess that is Edinburgh's streets.
Yesterday I did what I usually do. 2 minutes into the time added on I headed for the stairs. This meant I was almost at the bottom by the time the game finished.
We made it as far as Seafield Road at 5:45 - almost an hour after full time(and, of course, still with the drive back to Livi to go). It would've been at least 6pm had I stayed in my seat till time up.
I've better things to do with my Saturday nights than waste them sitting in traffic. Ta very much.

Not having a go at all however I think you should re route your way home if you can I was back in my house in Livingston for 5:50 yesterday and left at FT. I’d also suggest parking in the streets surrounding loch inn just a lot easier in my experience for parking and getting to and from the ground from livi

The Spaceman
15-10-2017, 07:14 PM
I had to get home sharp to take my missus out for dinner. Do I get docked supporter points as well aye? :rolleyes:

Every season ticket holder has contributed to our club with the same amount of money, if they choose to spend less time in their seat and less value for money then fine - their choice. Why people get so worked up about the issue is beyond me.

superfurryhibby
15-10-2017, 07:49 PM
I had to get home sharp to take my missus out for dinner. Do I get docked supporter points as well aye? :rolleyes:

Every season ticket holder has contributed to our club with the same amount of money, if they choose to spend less time in their seat and less value for money then fine - their choice. Why people get so worked up about the issue is beyond me.

Ironically you seem more worked up than anyone else. Show yourself a yellow card and settle doon:aok:

brianmc
15-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Not having a go at all however I think you should re route your way home if you can I was back in my house in Livingston for 5:50 yesterday and left at FT. I’d also suggest parking in the streets surrounding loch inn just a lot easier in my experience for parking and getting to and from the ground from livi

No offense taken. But I'm guessing you're seat isn't in the back row of the East?
I used to be able to get parked in Albert Street. Leave after full time and be home before 6.
Ahhhhh, the good old days..

Beefster
15-10-2017, 08:09 PM
While we’re sticking our fish-wife noses into other folk’s private business, what’s with folk going to the loo during the game? Either hold it in or pish your breeks but don’t be demoralising the players when they look up to your seat, as they do every couple of minutes, to see it empty. I reckon we’d have won yesterday if it wasn’t for the guy with the thimble for a bladder in seat P165 upsetting the players.

Not that it’s any of my business, mind you.

Lancs Harp
15-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Probably folk with a drive in front of them ... it took me 15 minutes to get from the start of Leith Links to Seafield Road. Having said that, I don't get it either :dunno:

Can be the opposite of that too. I sometimes use the train, sometimes drive, because it takes me hours to get there and hours to get back home i'll be b******d if im going to leave early. Can honestly say Ive never left a Hibs match before the final whistle but for me its each to their own I dont know why people get so upset about it to be honest. Each to their own.

Fife-Hibee
15-10-2017, 08:17 PM
We're up the back off section 41 bloody nightmare for getting out after the whistle. Just resigned ourselves to being the last out the stadium every other week!

CraigHibee
15-10-2017, 08:56 PM
i left with about 3 minutes of normal time left, back was giving me jip and i'd already had to throw some painkillers down the throat when i got into the ground, had about a 10 minute walk to get back to the car, only reason i left early

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 09:02 PM

And what do they do with those 10-15 minutes saved?

Come to think about it, if their time is so valuable, think how much more time they could have if they just didn't bother going to the game

:wink:

Fritz
15-10-2017, 09:05 PM

So what you're saying is staying till the end would have added...15 minutes to your journey? Wow. You're there to support the team. Or aren't you?

McD
15-10-2017, 09:09 PM
So what you're saying is staying till the end would have added...15 minutes to your journey? Wow. You're there to support the team. Or aren't you?

To be fair, he was still there at the end (as his post said), he just didn’t stay in his seat til the end. He was near the bottom of the stairs at the final whistle.

Fritz
15-10-2017, 09:12 PM
While we’re sticking our fish-wife noses into other folk’s private business, what’s with folk going to the loo during the game? Either hold it in or pish your breeks but don’t be demoralising the players when they look up to your seat, as they do every couple of minutes, to see it empty. I reckon we’d have won yesterday if it wasn’t for the guy with the thimble for a bladder in seat P165 upsetting the players.

Not that it’s any of my business, mind you.

"Other folks private business"! Give me strength! 😂 Leaving early when we're only 1-0 down at home is ridiculous. And people can get as precious as they want about their "rights" and not being judged, or "each to their own" but it's poor. Really poor.

Fritz
15-10-2017, 09:16 PM
To be fair, he was still there at the end (as his post said), he just didn’t stay in his seat til the end. He was near the bottom of the stairs at the final whistle.

Fair enough, maybe he was, but there were several hundred others who weren't. The East looked half deserted well before full-time. And for the sake of what, getting home 15-20 minutes earlier?

Thecat23
15-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I’m offended.. **** wait.. wrong thread!

Tornadoes70
15-10-2017, 09:21 PM
"Other folks private business"! Give me strength! 😂 Leaving early when we're only 1-0 down at home is ridiculous. And people can get as precious as they want about their "rights" and not being judged, or "each to their own" but it's poor. Really poor.

There's loads of supporters who'll leave 10 minutes early when we're 4-0 up never mind being 1-0 down. Its really their choice if they want to get a flyer before the crowds and traffic builds up.

The ones I can't be bothered with are those who constantly shout and berate individual players throughout the match. They're the ones that exude negativity. Get behind the team and support players who maybe aren't having a particularly great game. I cannot stand being near some fans who attend solely it seems to scream abuse at our own players.

McD
15-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Fair enough, maybe he was, but there were several hundred others who weren't. The East looked half deserted well before full-time. And for the sake of what, getting home 15-20 minutes earlier?

Might not be as straightforward as that though.

Perhaps they’ve got to get to their work, and would rather see most of the game than not attend at all? Perhaps childcare arrangements? Or a train to catch, and again, feel it’s better to see most of the match than none?

Ive known folk who leave early so they can get served quickly at the bar after the match, and folk who turn up late so they can squeeze another pint in pre match. I know people who don’t go if the weather is bad. Seen people miss half an hour of a match waiting to buy food. I’m not saying I agree with any of these things, but it’s people’s own choice what they do (within the caveat of minimum disturbance to others).

Keith_M
15-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Did anybody else read the thread title and think it had something to do with The Rhythm Method?

:greengrin

brianmc
15-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Are you deliberately trolling or just a ****in idiot?
No it wouldn't have added 15 minutes to my journey -as I described. It would have added 15 minutes onto the time it took to leave the stadium and exponentially more to the overall journey.... Also explained in my post.

As was the fact I was still in the East Stand and STILL there to support the team .

Throbbers like you Fritz I can live without.

*I presume from some of your other comments that you're oblivious to the fact that some of us grown ups have commitments other than the football? And that time might be important to us?

Eyrie
15-10-2017, 10:08 PM
How practical would it be to construct external staircases at the top of each stairway in the East which could be used as exits only?

I stopped sitting in the East because of the length it time it took to get out after the final whistle, which then had a knock on effect for when I got back to my car and the amount of traffic I had to sit in and that impacted on my evening.

DTS
15-10-2017, 10:11 PM
No offense taken. But I'm guessing you're seat isn't in the back row of the East?
I used to be able to get parked in Albert Street. Leave after full time and be home before 6.
Ahhhhh, the good old days..

Yeah I’m in the back of the FF even the few times I’ve went the way I’d imagine you do it does take an age. Not telling you not leave earlier just saying might be worth giving it a bash heading another way back.

Scouse Hibee
15-10-2017, 10:13 PM
How practical would it be to construct external staircases at the top of each stairway in the East which could be used as exits only?

I stopped sitting in the East because of the length it time it took to get out after the final whistle, which then had a knock on effect for when I got back to my car and the amount of traffic I had to sit in and that impacted on my evening.

Tried it once last season, hated the time it took to exit at the end,can't begin to imagine the chaos in an emergency evacuation situation.

Lancs Harp
15-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Tried it once last season, hated the time it took to exit at the end,can't begin to imagine the chaos in an emergency evacuation situation.

Thats a very fair point.

Albanian Hibs
15-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Well I left my seat on 88 mins in row Z of the east and sat down the front til 30 secs from the end. Is that acceptable?

Speedy
15-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Well I left my seat on 88 mins in row Z of the east and sat down the front til 30 secs from the end. Is that acceptable?

I'd imagine many people do this.

Or watch the last couple of minutes on the tvs (do the tvs still show our game while it is on - been a while since I left my seat early)

Shrekko
15-10-2017, 11:27 PM

Has anyone said anything is unacceptable?

I think the point being made is that a very significant amount of folk at Hibs games leave early. Nobody being vilified but it's true.

Glory Lurker
15-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Why don’t the folk who leave the East early not just save themselves the bother by buying kids tickets in the FF lower and not go at all? :dunno:

DR1875
16-10-2017, 12:15 AM
This is the reason I never leave early. Hibs were playing garbage until Gareth Evans came on, getting beat 0-2 three goals in 14 minutes. Always hope that will it will repeat itself when we are getting beat but rarely does!:rolleyes:

http://www.dufcarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1857

Beefster
16-10-2017, 06:25 AM

Are you one of those guys who hide behind their curtains watching their neighbour wash the car, tutting when he does it wrong or misses a spot?

Thecat23
16-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Maybe we could do a register system where Barry the announcer shouts your name out when you take your seat, little sensor gives him the nod your in it. Then if you think of leaving early and get up it’ll bleep back to Barry and while your heading for the exit he can shame you “Keith from the East stand please remain in your seat until full time.”

Or we can just except this happens at ALL football games as some believe it or not have either work, family or something simple like miss the traffic.

greenlad
16-10-2017, 06:56 AM
No problem with folk leaving early at all, they've paid their money etc etc but the issue is the inconsiderate and selfish ones who make an issue of walking down the stairs and then just lingering at the barrier when there is an attack. Completely blocking the view of those who have stayed in their seats.

Particularly bad in the FF Upper and the stewards do nothing to stop it.

CockneyRebel
16-10-2017, 07:10 AM

Maybe they wanted out before the barrier went up? I stayed but the long walk around the cemetery means an extra 20 minutes or so before I get my first after match pint.

Brightside
16-10-2017, 07:30 AM

Its a pain in the ass for those of us that are trying to watch the game. I honestly just think its a habit for some people, as we end up walking past most of them 10 minutes later.

Brightside
16-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Maybe they wanted out before the barrier went up? I stayed but the long walk around the cemetery means an extra 20 minutes or so before I get my first after match pint.

Was the barrier up?

stoneyburn hibs
16-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Was the barrier up?

No, the police only stopped us going across the bridge.

HibbySpurs
16-10-2017, 08:10 AM

This... I regularly park in Halymere Street and have Broxburn to go to. I left right on the final whistle and was home before 6. Out to Leith Walk, cannonmills, ferry road, across to th gogar, past the airport. I don't generally find the traffic that bad. Getting in and parking can be a pain at times though.

Onceinawhile
16-10-2017, 08:24 AM
This... I regularly park in Halymere Street and have Broxburn to go to. I left right on the final whistle and was home before 6. Out to Leith Walk, cannonmills, ferry road, across to th gogar, past the airport. I don't generally find the traffic that bad. Getting in and parking can be a pain at times though.

I sit in the ff, stayed til full time and was home by 6.

danhibees1875
16-10-2017, 08:31 AM
I'd seen enough by 90+3, it was a frustrating game to watch. I left when someone else in my row was since I, and everyone, would have to stand up already. Got down the stairs and out the ground much quicker than having to kick around post defeat.

NAE NOOKIE
16-10-2017, 08:35 AM
I sit in the ff, stayed til full time and was home by 6.

To Antwerp? ..... F me that's impressive :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Never left early from a football match in my life, it would be like leaving a cinema before the film has finished to me. What other folk do is entirely up to them.

RoYO!
16-10-2017, 10:47 AM
There were people leaving in the 73rd minute- a steady stream- come to think of it, perhaps it was bladder related...

Hibs fans had a rally on atmosphere around 75/80 I think, but subsequently were largely out sung by the dons. They did a great job of ensuring they came across relaxed about the win and this may well have played a part in how easily their team saw out the last part of the game. I know it's a two way street between fan noise and what the team is doing on the pitch, but there's the sneaking feeling that had we kept up the noise we may have just made the difference. Obviously impossible to say.

CockneyRebel
16-10-2017, 12:02 PM
This is the reason I never leave early. Hibs were playing garbage until Gareth Evans came on, getting beat 0-2 three goals in 14 minutes. Always hope that will it will repeat itself when we are getting beat but rarely does!:rolleyes:

Was at that game - Evans turned the game when he came on. Up till then we were never in the game and I remember how gutted the United supporters were at the end.

WhileTheChief..
16-10-2017, 01:16 PM

I left that game at 2-0.

By the time I got in the Albion Bar I saw the 3rd going in on telextext!!!!!

Stan the Man
16-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Ok its everyone's individual choice, I get it. I also get the legitimate reasons, work, childcare, important occassion, sore back etc why people do need to split.

I would be pretty certain that this is not the case for the majority of the thousands that can leave early.

Speaking from the point of view of someone who is staying till the death when we are chasing a game, it can feel like those leaving early are giving up on the team scoring an equaliser or winner.

Again that is the choice of the individual, but as people drift out early I cant help but feel our chances of getting that goal drifts out a tiny bit with them.

Whilst the players won't be counting the empty seats as people leave, they do notice shifts in atmosphere and volume levels.

Hibbyradge
16-10-2017, 08:23 PM
I only ever go to games for the enjoyment of leaving early.

I'm glad there were cameras at Hampden on 21.5.16, though.

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Everyone has their reasons and it's their own business; but, take the example of the person who leaves ten minutes early for every game, as mentioned earlier in the thread. He/she makes the effort to attend then has to find out the final score via the car radio. I just don't get that. They are entitled to do it, but it seems odd to me.

RossScott1991
16-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Folk who get up and down for pie and chips annoy me more.

Stan the Man
16-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Jurgen kens...

https://youtu.be/nduPhoAS0b4

SquashedFrogg
16-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Folk who get up and down for pie and chips annoy me more.

If people going for chips annoy you mate then you have slight issues (I can only hope you're at wind up )