PDA

View Full Version : Songs you hate

Captain Trips
10-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Seeing as we have a few music threads I thought I would start this on songs you hate or found annoying. I will get ball rolling with:

Word Up - Cameo or Gun
How Bizzare - OMC
All songs - M People

easty
10-10-2017, 11:19 PM
I got a feeling - Black Eyed Peas

snooky
10-10-2017, 11:35 PM
For starters....
Little Children - Billy J Kramer & the Dakotas
Being With You - Smokey Robinson
The Floral Dance - Terry (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-439875/Wogan-celeb-paid-Children-In-Need.html) Wogan

Hibrandenburg
11-10-2017, 05:29 AM
I do it for you - Bryan Adams
Money for Nothing- Dire Straights

Future17
11-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Happy -Pharell Williams

lord bunberry
11-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman.

Sylar
11-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Dancing Queen - ABBA.

It's like a ****ing killswitch whenever I hear it.

patch1875
11-10-2017, 09:28 AM
One more time - Daft Punk
All together now - The Farm

easty
11-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran

Pretty Boy
11-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran

In reply to this and your earlier post can I just say anything by the Black Eyed Peas and Ed Sheeran.

Radium
11-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears [emoji86]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Despacito - absolute bollocks.

WeeRussell
11-10-2017, 12:00 PM
"I need a Dolla, I dolla is what I need" - don't know who by but it irritates me

Same applies to "Black n gold" - Sam Sparrow I think?

Don't hate it but Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a prayer" just doesn't do anything for me now I've heard it and continue to hear it that much. (I like his other songs).

An old one I used to despise was "Must be a reason why I'm king of my castle" or something along those lines, horrible dance club type repetitive tune.

Scrolling through this thread - I'll agree and put "one more time" in by Daft Punk too. Kind of similar reasons to the one above.

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Mack the knife, bloody hate it.

Hiber-nation
11-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I don't know and don't care who sings it but Moves Like Jagger is the one of the most annoying tunes I've ever heard. Seemed to be on in the works canteen every morning and nearly put me off my bacon roll...

There was also a Bruno Mars song at the time and it was even worse....thankfully can't remember how it went.

Future17
11-10-2017, 01:43 PM
An old one I used to despise was "Must be a reason why I'm king of my castle" or something along those lines, horrible dance club type repetitive tune.

Change the lyrics to, "must be a reason why they're ***** at Tynecastle" and it becomes very catchy. :greengrin

Wilson
11-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Despacito - absolute bollocks.

Funny name for a band.

Hibee87
11-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Gnarles Barkley, Forget You and crazy....and dunno who sings it but guess its called 'I got Bills'

I hate loads of songs and bands in general but those 3 give me proper angry feelings.

Marcus_Hibs
11-10-2017, 04:45 PM
In reply to this and your earlier post can I just say anything by the Black Eyed Peas and Ed Sheeran.

beat me to it! I am genuinely staggered by all the ed Sheeran hype and on the black eyed peas, their performance before the CL final was beyond woeful!

McD
11-10-2017, 04:45 PM
You’re gorgeous - babybird

Future17
11-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Gnarles Barkley, Forget You and crazy....and dunno who sings it but guess its called 'I got Bills'

I hate loads of songs and bands in general but those 3 give me proper angry feelings.

Forget You was Cee-Lo Green...unless you were being ironic. :-)

Bills was Lunch Money Lewis.

Onceinawhile
11-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Forget You was Cee-Lo Green...unless you were being ironic. :-)

Bills was Lunch Money Lewis.

Aye but cee lo was the voice of gnarls Barclay so that seems fair.

Billy Whizz
11-10-2017, 05:30 PM
My all time hate record is a Jeniffer Rush, the power of love

I was best man at my friends wedding, they played this tune.
Aagh

Captain Trips
11-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran

Oh yes and all his othee material. Overrated beyond belief IMO

Smartie
11-10-2017, 08:59 PM
My all time hate record is a Jeniffer Rush, the power of love

I was best man at my friends wedding, they played this tune.
Aagh

I love that tune, for a special reason.

My mate's parents owned a pub, and they used to turn a blind eye to us drinking there as teenagers. It was a tiny village inn and it was a quality place to spend our drinking apprenticeships.

Once a month they held a karaoke night. All of the locals got up to sing their party pieces to each other, as they did every month.

Another one of my mates decided that he was going to sing a heartfelt version of Jennifer Rush's song dedicated to the gorgeous young lady he had a crush on at that time, and he had been trying to build up the courage to ask her out for ages. As the good mates we were, we fully agreed that this was surely the best way for him to seduce the young lovely (s******, s******).

So up he goes, ready to belt out a emotional love ballad. Only he gets the song choice wrong, and goes for the Huey Lewis and the News song of the same name. Having already announced to the young lady that he was going to perform something special for her to the song he was going to sing, he was past the point of no return and launched into the most horrifically appalling, hip-thrusting "dancing" and singing performance that you could ever imagine an awkward, unattractive, uncomfortable yet utterly committed 17 year old producing.

The only saving grace for him was that this was 1995 and there wasn't a camera phone in sight - so you will all just have to take my word for how bad/ magnificent it was.

He didn't get the young lady.

And I chuckle at the very mention of "the power of love".

jodjam
11-10-2017, 10:13 PM
Queen - radio bloody gaga

Galahibby
11-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Queen - radio bloody gaga

I love Queen, but have never taken to I Want to Break Free for some reason. Same goes for Wonderwall. Of all the great Oasis songs there are, I just don't get how that is their most successful one.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

matty_f
11-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. Brutal.

Hermit Crab
11-10-2017, 11:29 PM
Anything on Capital Radio. Some of the songs played at ER are chronic too.
coldplay, the boy looks and sounds like a yodelling Morris dancer.

Haymaker
12-10-2017, 04:03 AM
Anything by Coldplay and Ed Sheeren.

Marcus_Hibs
12-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Anything from Grease. Nothing I despise more than when those songs get wheeled out at a wedding

Future17
12-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Aye but cee lo was the voice of gnarls Barclay so that seems fair.

Fair - I did not know that.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2017, 09:03 AM

The enduring popularity of Coldplay is perhaps the biggest mystery in Britain today.

There are bands I don't like but I can understand the appeal, the Foo Fighters as an example, but Coldplays appeal eludes me. Music for lifts and dentist waiting rooms.

Geo_1875
12-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I can honestly say there is no particular song I hate. There are artists I can't warm to. Rod Stewart springs to mind and his destruction of the Great American Songbook in particular.

Sylar
12-10-2017, 11:43 AM
If it was an 'artists you hate', I could be here all day - perhaps a different thread though :greengrin

Having said that, there are many bands out there that I just can't stomach, and so I dislike the vast majority of their stuff.

Anything by Oasis/Liam Gallagher/Noel Gallgher for example!

weecounty hibby
12-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Is the right answer. In my opinion both of these prove that it is better to be fashionable and loved by the media than it is to actually be any good

Jim44
12-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Stairway To Heaven. - Rolf Harris cover.

Hermit Crab
12-10-2017, 03:03 PM
If it was an 'artists you hate', I could be here all day - perhaps a different thread though :greengrin

Having said that, there are many bands out there that I just can't stomach, and so I dislike the vast majority of their stuff.

Anything by Oasis/Liam Gallagher/Noel Gallgher for example!

No way!!! :shocked: :no way:

SteveHFC
12-10-2017, 03:23 PM
No way!!! :shocked: :no way:

I second this.

Captain Trips
12-10-2017, 05:14 PM
I find Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac to be annoying, that opening belly harpy noise gets right on my ++++

Northernhibee
12-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody - **** for pissed up hen nights

Son of a Preacher Man - love Dusty Springfield but hate this song.

Alfiembra
13-10-2017, 07:28 AM
if I thought about it long enough would probably come up wth loads, but one that springs instantly to mind is Vienna by Ultavox hate the song and Midge Ure.

WeeRussell
13-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Change the lyrics to, "must be a reason why they're ***** at Tynecastle" and it becomes very catchy. :greengrin

You may have just helped me stomach that tune for the rest of my days :agree:

hibs#1
13-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Yellow-coldplay
Beautiful-james blunt

As an aside oasis were far better than the Beatles.(there I said)

bigwheel
13-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Yellow-coldplay
Beautiful-james blunt

I much prefer the original r&b artists to the Beatles - so not even much of a fan -but That last statement is a joke right ?? Oasis modelled themselves on the Beatles, but there is no way their legacy compares.

Smartie
13-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody - **** for pissed up hen nights

Son of a Preacher Man - love Dusty Springfield but hate this song.

Wow - these are two of my favourite songs of all time.

I could never get into the Police. Sting's voice and basically Sting in general just gets on my nerves.

"I like to move it" by Reel 2 Real really bugged me. It was everywhere in about 1994 and was total pish.

"Shout" by Lulu as well. It reminds me of when Hearts used to be able to beat us. That big first note that she screeches accompanied by 14,000 puddle drinkers dancing in front of your face. Horrific.

TBH most songs enjoyed by either Rangers, Celtic or Hearts are forever tainted. Simply the Best, Penny Arcade, that Levellers "What a Beautiful Day" one, even "Hey Jude".

YMWA is a class song and when I hear it (not sung by football fans) I immediately think of Liverpool FC and find it spine-tingling and quality. Then when I see the Celtic fans sing it I find it meaningless, empty, false and it really bugs me.

I stayed in Dundee for a few years and I've never been much of a fan of United, but I love "Love is in the Air" and "Beautiful Sunday".

PeeJay
13-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Yellow-coldplay
Beautiful-james blunt

"Far better than the Beatles?" - Oasis have never been anything other than a poor-man's Slade - :na na:

"I will survive" is THE song I truly hate with a vengance ...

Sylar
13-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Since we're getting into the festive season, allow me to add 'Merry Christmas Everyone' by Slade.

Someone owes Noddy Holder a very prolonged, torturous death, listening to that song on repeat at full volume. Only then will we be even.

hibs#1
13-10-2017, 05:47 PM
I much prefer the original r&b artists to the Beatles - so not even much of a fan -but That last statement is a joke right ?? Oasis modelled themselves on the Beatles, but there is no way their legacy compares.

Nope just my opinion,sorry guys but it's true.

hibs#1
13-10-2017, 05:48 PM
"Far better than the Beatles?" - Oasis have never been anything other than a poor-man's Slade - :na na:

"I will survive" is THE song I truly hate with a vengance ...

They are indeed far better 😉.

PeeJay
14-10-2017, 06:53 AM
They are indeed far better 😉.

.... difficult for me to see how a group that blatantly rips off the mighty Garry Glitter can be "... far better than the Beatles", but each to their own ... :greengrin

bigwheel
14-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Nope just my opinion,sorry guys but it's true.

Saying "it's true" is always an argument winner !

Scouse Hibee
14-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Yellow Submarine.

hibs#1
14-10-2017, 06:18 PM
.... difficult for me to see how a group that blatantly rips off the mighty Garry Glitter can be "... far better than the Beatles", but each to their own ... :greengrin

Can't say I've listened to a lot of Gary glitter's music but I'll now to your superior knowledge 😋

hibs#1
14-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Saying "it's true" is always an argument winner !

Its true that its my opinion. I realise I am probably the only person in the world the believes this.

I also think the newer star wars films are better than the old ones 😘

bigwheel
14-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Its true that its my opinion. I realise I am probably the only person in the world the believes this.

I also think the newer star wars films are better than the old ones [emoji8]

Whilst I think you are wildly wrong about the music stuff. (Not seen all the Star Wars films ). I like People who have passion about things - so keep on loving what you love ! ✊️

Galahibby
14-10-2017, 06:24 PM

I also think the newer star wars films are better than the old ones [emoji8]Have never seen any of them! (even the old ones [emoji50])

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

hibs#1
14-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Whilst I think you are wildly wrong about the music stuff. (Not seen all the Star Wars films ). I like People who have passion about things - so keep on loving what you love ! ✊️

Aye it's all good. I've always been different being the only hibs at school will do that.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 06:27 PM
"Anything by" comments are silly and as closed minded as they come.

It's not the music/songs that you hate, it's the artists.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2017, 06:39 PM
The enduring popularity of Coldplay is perhaps the biggest mystery in Britain today.

There are bands I don't like but I can understand the appeal, the Foo Fighters as an example, but Coldplays appeal eludes me. Music for lifts and dentist waiting rooms.

The problem for me with Coldplay is that their songs are produced to within an inch of their life. There are no rough edges, no risks, but some of the songs are genuinely great.

Fix you, for example, is a terrific track.

I went to see them at the Etihad, and I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but they know how to put on a show.

It's a long story but my wife called me and asked, "how do you fancy going to see Coldplay?".

I replied, "I'd rather cut my feet off and eat them".

She said "That's a pity, I've just bought us tickets". 😂

frazeHFC
15-10-2017, 09:39 AM
There's a song that's come out lately and they always say on the radio "next up a great new song..." and it's woefully garbage that I have to turn it off. Annoyingly I can't remember what it is but even having the wee intro music of it in my head makes me cringe..

Wilson
15-10-2017, 10:45 AM
"Anything by" comments are silly and as closed minded as they come.

It's not the music/songs that you hate, it's the artists.

Anything by Maroon 5. I hate all the songs I've heard from them and the guys voice just really grates.

'Complicated' by Avril Levigne.

patch1875
15-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Anything by Maroon 5. I hate all the songs I've heard from them and the guys voice just really grates.

'Complicated' by Avril Levigne.

Skater Boi is a guilty pleasure of mine.

snooky
15-10-2017, 11:37 AM

I'm no fan of (relatively) modern pop music but oddly enough, I did like that one. :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-10-2017, 12:56 PM
I know I'm not part of their target audience but, Little Mix, absolute dross.

stuart-farquhar
15-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Whiter shade of pale
pish.

Northernhibee
15-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Hotel California - Eagles
Wasn't Expecting That - Jamie "****face" Lawson
Uprising - Muse (there's actually a lot of Muse songs I hate though, but this sums up their ****ing **** smelly virgins masquerading as anti-authority bollocks vibe perfectly)
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen (although I could quite frankly put most Queen songs on here too. A band who could never go "No, that's fine, leave it alone" when it comes to songwriting. Brian May is a right prick as well IMO.)
The Sound - The 1975 (who I think were designed to specifically enrage me to my most enraged level. **** music for people who don't like music)
Oh My God - Bastille (I don't even think the members of Bastille would really want to be in Bastille)
Spent The Day In Bed - Morrissey. (Please, just ****ing retire.)
This Is The Life - Amy MacDonald (one of the worst lyricists to ever get a record deal. Bland music, bordering on talentless when it comes to lyrics)
Wall of Glass - Liam Gallagher (Sad middle aged man singing songs written by other people in front of a giant sign that reads 'Rock and Roll'. In the Morrissey, just retire club)
Too Many Men - Boy Better Know
Not Nineteen Forever - Courteeners
Human - The Killers (meaningless bollocks)

This has properly got me going :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Hotel California - Eagles
Wasn't Expecting That - Jamie "****face" Lawson
Uprising - Muse (there's actually a lot of Muse songs I hate though, but this sums up their ****ing **** smelly virgins masquerading as anti-authority bollocks vibe perfectly)
Another One Bites The Dust - Queen (although I could quite frankly put most Queen songs on here too. A band who could never go "No, that's fine, leave it alone" when it comes to songwriting. Brian May is a right prick as well IMO.)
The Sound - The 1975 (who I think were designed to specifically enrage me to my most enraged level. **** music for people who don't like music)
Oh My God - Bastille (I don't even think the members of Bastille would really want to be in Bastille)
Spent The Day In Bed - Morrissey. (Please, just ****ing retire.)
This Is The Life - Amy MacDonald (one of the worst lyricists to ever get a record deal. Bland music, bordering on talentless when it comes to lyrics)
Wall of Glass - Liam Gallagher (Sad middle aged man singing songs written by other people in front of a giant sign that reads 'Rock and Roll'. In the Morrissey, just retire club)
Too Many Men - Boy Better Know
Not Nineteen Forever - Courteeners
Human - The Killers (meaningless bollocks)

This has properly got me going :greengrin

There's a lot of hate in you, sir.

Northernhibee
15-10-2017, 09:57 PM
There's a lot of hate in you, sir.

**** off :greengrin:na na:

SteveHFC
16-10-2017, 01:11 AM

Her first album is a guilty pleasure of mines. :duck:

WeeRussell
16-10-2017, 11:26 AM

I also think the newer star wars films are better than the old ones 😘

Nope :aok:

Although I couldn't disagree more on the Star Wars bit :greengrin

hibs#1
16-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Nope :aok:

Although I couldn't disagree more on the Star Wars bit :greengrin

One out of two isn't bad 👍

CropleyWasGod
16-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Mine has to be "Without You" by Nilsson.

Although "I'm not in love" by 10CC runs it close...... I still hate that bitch.... :rolleyes:

-Jonesy-
19-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Anything by Ed Sheeran
Anything by Coldplay
Anything by Calvin Harris
Anything by David Guetta
Anything by U2
Anything by Beyoncé since she left Destinys Child

-Jonesy-
19-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Although "I'm not in love" by 10CC runs it close...... I still hate that bitch.... :rolleyes:

How can you not like the combined wail of 256 soft soft vocal backing tracks?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-10-2017, 12:13 AM
How can you not like the combined wail of 256 soft soft vocal backing tracks?

Just because

Pete
20-10-2017, 04:28 AM
Wild thoughts by Rihanna.

That song that goes “swish swish another one in the basket”

That one that goes “Don’t be afraid to catch fish”

It’s absolutely heartbreaking that songs like that have sold millions accross the globe while the next U2 are probably looking at working in Asda instead of following a dream that probably won’t make them any money.

Give me Coldplay or Ed Sheeran over any of the R&B (I think that’s what they call it) crap that’s considered popular nowadays. A tattooed black guy whining about cars and all his money over what sounds like a Diesel engine ticking over isn’t my cup of tea. Pick up a ****ing guitar!

weecounty hibby
20-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Young at heart. By the Bluebells. Heard it on the radio last night and it reminded me just how irritating I find that song

Future17
20-10-2017, 10:22 AM
That one that goes “Don’t be afraid to catch fish".

It's "Don't be afraid to catch feels" but you and I are amongst probably 99.9% of people who hear "fish" when listening to it...probably because that would make at least some semblance of sense.

snooky
20-10-2017, 01:04 PM
(Posting here on behalf of Midge Ure)

'Shuddup You Face" -Joe Dolce. :wink:

Pete
20-10-2017, 07:04 PM
It's "Don't be afraid to catch feels" but you and I are amongst probably 99.9% of people who hear "fish" when listening to it...probably because that would make at least some semblance of sense.

Yeah, I thought it was some sort of young persons slang or innuendo. Got to be deliberate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-10-2017, 10:18 PM
It's "Don't be afraid to catch feels"

Does Phil Taylor sing it? The lecherous old scrote.