PDA

View Full Version : World Cup playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

lord bunberry
05-10-2017, 08:56 PM
I’ve just had a quick look at the groups and to be guaranteed a playoff place we need to win in Slovenia and hope other teams don’t win both their games. If Wales don’t win away to Georgia tomorrow or Bosnia don’t win at home to Belgium on Saturday, then we will know for certain that a win on Sunday will be enough.
If both those results go against us, then we’re down to the last round of fixtures. There’s 3 groups(I think) that we need to worry about, the 2 I mentioned and also the group with Northern Ireland, they’re away to Norway on Sunday.

Green Man
05-10-2017, 09:26 PM
They mentioned more than once on Sky Sports that a win on Sunday puts us in the playoffs but I’m not convinced. The picture will be a bit clearer on Saturday night when all teams have one game left. Sweden are in the picture as well.

Broken Gnome
05-10-2017, 09:40 PM
I’ve just had a quick look at the groups and to be guaranteed a playoff place we need to win in Slovenia and hope other teams don’t win both their games. If Wales don’t win away to Georgia tomorrow or Bosnia don’t win at home to Belgium on Saturday, then we will know for certain that a win on Sunday will be enough.
If both those results go against us, then we’re down to the last round of fixtures. There’s 3 groups(I think) that we need to worry about, the 2 I mentioned and also the group with Northern Ireland, they’re away to Norway on Sunday.

To be even worrying about this we'd need to have won on Sunday. Not convinced the other teams on a par with us before the first fixtures will all be taking six points - particularly Wales without Bale.

Speedy
05-10-2017, 09:43 PM
They mentioned more than once on Sky Sports that a win on Sunday puts us in the playoffs but I’m not convinced. The picture will be a bit clearer on Saturday night when all teams have one game left. Sweden are in the picture as well.

It almost certainly will. We'd need a probably 10+ results to go against us.

Netherlands/Greece/Wales/Northern Ireland all in danger of finishing bottom.

Pete
05-10-2017, 09:53 PM
I’ve done some calculations on the back of a fag packet:

Second placed teams as it stands with all results v bottom placed teams removed;

Portugal - P 6 15 pts GD +18 (Bottom team in group could change)
Denmark - P 7 13 pts GD +7 (Bottom team in group cannot change)
Northern Ireland - P 7 13 pt GD +5 (Bottom team in group cannot change)
Italy - P 6 13 pts GD +3 (Bottom team in group cannot change)
Iceland - P 7 13 pts GD +3 (Bottom team in group could change)
Scotland - P 7 11 pts GD -1 (Bottom team in group cannot change)
Sweden - P 6 10 pts GD +3 (Bottom team in group could change)
Bosnia - P 6 8 pts GD +2 (Bottom team in group cannot change)
Wales - P 6 8 pts GD +1 (Bottom team in group could change)

Sir David Gray
05-10-2017, 09:54 PM

Second placed teams as it stands with all results v bottom placed teams removed;

Looks familiar. :wink:

BoomtownHibees
05-10-2017, 11:14 PM

You done these yourself? 😉

1875godsgift
06-10-2017, 12:02 AM
You done these yourself? 😉

He smokes big fags

Pete
06-10-2017, 05:25 AM
Looks familiar. :wink:

Great minds and all that.

😇

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 04:37 PM

Wales being held by Georgia right now---if they dont win, then we will be ahead of them if we win Sunday. ROI can overtake them, but would be on '13' points, where we can reach '14'
C'mon Georgia

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Wales being held by Georgia right now---if they dont win, then we will be ahead of them if we win Sunday. ROI can overtake them, but would be on '13' points, where we can reach '14'
C'mon Georgia
Yeah, that’s the way I saw it as well. If they don’t win, they can’t match our total.

Mikey
06-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Wales have scored.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Our problem is we've got the worst goal difference out of everybody, and the points are going to be tight-----might need to thump Slovenia by 5 or 6:confused:

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Our problem is we've got the worst goal difference out of everybody, and the points are going to be tight-----might need to thump Slovenia by 5 or 6:confused:
If only we’d drawn with Malta instead of Lithuania.

murray26
06-10-2017, 05:30 PM
By the looks of this we are looking likely to miss out even if we do win in Slovenia.. providing all the teams below us win there games.

Onion
06-10-2017, 05:37 PM
By the looks of this we are looking likely to miss out even if we do win in Slovenia.. providing all the teams below us win there games.

Sounds like you'd like that :wink:

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Bosnia play Belgium and Estonia---easy to drop a couple of points, best Greece can do is'13'---so need to hope the Belgians can do the job.
Wish the Beeb would update their "Who needs to do what" story, as theyre still showing Slovakia in 2nd place in the paragraph about Rankings for Seeding

hibbysam
06-10-2017, 05:41 PM

Bosnia WILL NOT win against Belgium which will put Scotland through. I also have my doubts whether Northern Ireland will get a point in Norway.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Bosnia WILL NOT win against Belgium which will put Scotland through. I also have my doubts whether Northern Ireland will get a point in Norway.
Norway got nothing to play for though---and Norn Iron need the point---Belgiums our best hope, unless Georgia score in the last 10

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 05:46 PM

I can't see Bosnia winning in Belgium tomorrow night.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 05:48 PM
I think an Iceland-Turkey draw would be helpful

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 05:49 PM
I can't see Bosnia winning in Belgium tomorrow night.
I think it’s in Bosnia mate. I’m not sure if Belgium have already qualified yet.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 05:53 PM
I think it’s in Bosnia mate. I’m not sure if Belgium have already qualified yet.
It IS in Bosnia, and Belgium have already won their group

murray26
06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Cheers for all the reply’s 👍 surely we’ll have a better idea come Sunday.. surely we couldn’t be that unlucky..

pontius pilate
06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
If I've got this right wales winning puts them on 17 points with 9 games played the same as us. They have the ROI to play on Monday so a draw there would also see us through providing we win of course.

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 05:55 PM
The good thing is that wales play Ireland in their last game.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 05:58 PM

Ahh ok I knew Belgium had already qualified, I thought they were at home tomorrow though.

That changes things a wee bit but I would still tip Belgium to get something.

SJNB Hibby
06-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Ahh ok I knew Belgium had already qualified, I thought they were at home tomorrow though.

That changes things a wee bit but I would still tip Belgium to get something.

Pray for a Turkey-Iceland draw in a couple of hours---I'm off home to watch it on the telly

murray26
06-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you'd like that :wink:

No.. I’m just very pessimistic.. I’ll be sick if we beat Slovenia and miss out.

lord bunberry
06-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Pray for a Turkey-Iceland draw in a couple of hours---I'm off home to watch it on the telly
I hadn’t realised that group was important. I’ll be tuned in as long as it doesn’t clash with the darts.

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 06:37 PM
I reckon Turkey v Iceland will be the best match tonight, thats what Ive selected on the red button anyway. Bit of a crunch match this one. Turkey are currently fourth two points behind Iceland.

Speedy
06-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Draw is no use. 1-0 Turkey is what we want.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2017, 06:40 PM
I hadn’t realised that group was important. I’ll be tuned in as long as it doesn’t clash with the darts.

You guys are starting to worry me, if we win this on Sunday and don’t get one of the play off spots.......

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Engerlund v Scotland U21's on BT sport 1 for anyone interested

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Ireland 1-0 Moldova

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Engerlund v Scotland U21's on BT sport 1 for anyone interested

Well I would if I could but I cant, not got BT so its Turkey v Iceland for me. Come on England anyway :wink:

Speedy
06-10-2017, 07:12 PM
You guys are starting to worry me, if we win this on Sunday and don’t get one of the play off spots.......

Any of the following would see us safe:

Netherlands beat Sweden in Netherlands
Bosnia fail to beat Belgium in Bosnia
Norway beat Northern Ireland in Norway
Wales fail to beat Ireland in Wales

Edit: there are others that would see us safe but a lot less likely

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Iceland 1 up in Turkey.

Speedy
06-10-2017, 07:24 PM
2-0, good second goal

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Make that 2 up Iceland.

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 07:25 PM
The Turks seem as clueless as England (and others to be fair) on how to cope with Iceland.

IGRIGI
06-10-2017, 07:30 PM
I can't see Bosnia winning in Belgium, I think that's the group that will miss out on a play off place.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2017, 07:33 PM
I’m surprised FIFA have allowed games to be played at different times on Sunday

Speedy
06-10-2017, 07:37 PM
I’m surprised FIFA have allowed games to be played at different times on Sunday

They're all the same time within each group, but you're right - all the last games should be the same day and same time.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 07:41 PM
I can't see Bosnia winning in Belgium, I think that's the group that will miss out on a play off place.

Bosnia's at home. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-10-2017, 07:44 PM
If Finland can somehow score against Croatia that will also help us.

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Iceland 3 up. Turkeys defending has been frankly laughable.

IGRIGI
06-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Bosnia's at home. :greengrin

That's why I can't see them winning in Belgium 😁

hibsbollah
06-10-2017, 07:58 PM
This Iceland story is incredible. Population of 300,000 or thereabouts with an excellent team for a sustained period now...

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 08:06 PM
This Iceland story is incredible. Population of 300,000 or thereabouts with an excellent team for a sustained period now...

Agreed, its an incredible feat and story. A fantastic Euros followed by having a sniff of the World cup finals. They have a simple formula, well organised, always keep their shape, their two banks of four always seem to be in place no matter where the opposition have the ball, they work hard on set pieces and so many teams just cant cope with it, England obviously included in that.

Good luck to them.

Glory Lurker
06-10-2017, 08:20 PM

They just formed a vision and went for it. Quality indoor facilities all over the place and an incredible number of qualified coaches per head of the population, let alone per-player. They are an example to be followed, although they also have the advantage of, I think, only one competing sport, basketball.

Mr White
06-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Macedonia equalise in Italy!

pentlando
06-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Does that Finland goal help? I think it does but my head hurts!

Hibster
06-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Does that Finland goal help? I think it does but my head hurts!

Potentially it does - if we beat Slovenia and they now fail to win in Ukraine on Monday then we finish above them in the 2nd place table

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Potentially it does - if we beat Slovenia and they now fail to win in Ukraine on Monday then we finish above them in the 2nd place table

But if Ukraine win then they'll move on to 20 as well. A draw would be perfect for us

Hibster
06-10-2017, 08:50 PM
But if Ukraine win then they'll move on to 20 as well. A draw would be perfect for us
Ah yeah...had missed that. Complicated business all this

Hope this isn't going to be the norm for world cup qualifying...very harsh for whichever team misses out. Basically penalised for making it through a competitive group

Lancs Harp
06-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Scotland have to win and will have 20 points. Group H runners up cant get more than 17 points (Bosnia), Group A runners up (currently Sweden) cant get more than 19 points. Win and the job is done unless Im reading this wrong.

Hibster
06-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Scotland have to win and will have 20 points. Group H runners up cant get more than 17 points (Bosnia), Group A runners up (currently Sweden) cant get more than 19 points. Win and the job is done unless Im reading this wrong.
Bosnia and Sweden both have two games left to play

As it stands, 20 points won't guarantee it

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Ah yeah...had missed that. Complicated business all this

Hope this isn't going to be the norm for world cup qualifying...very harsh for whichever team misses out. Basically penalised for making it through a competitive group

So many permutations. It's crazy!

Bosnia drop points tomorrow and it's irrelevant though so fingers crossed that happens and puts everyone at ease heading into Sunday

Rocky
06-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Bosnia and Sweden both have two games left to play

As it stands, 20 points won't guarantee it

Points against bottom teams don't count, so it's 14 points we're aiming for.

http://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/newsid=2506867.html

Speedy
06-10-2017, 09:20 PM

Bosnia fail to beat Belgium in Belgium

We can add the following to the list:
Croatia drawing in Ukraine
Serbia failing to beat Georgia in Serbia

(As well as Romania beating Denmark in Denmark but I think that's clutching at straws)

Sammy7nil
06-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Bosnia fail to beat Belgium in Belgium

Edit: there are others that would see us safe but a lot less likely

Bosnia are at home to Belgium team with hee haw to play for; they may play a second string team

Green Man
06-10-2017, 10:33 PM
There’s a good chance that the Netherlands could need a win against Sweden to get 2nd, so that could go in our favour.

seanshow
06-10-2017, 11:34 PM
Surely one of those results will go for us and set it up for Sunday. :greengrin

The permutations are a bit confusing, I'm sure there was an interview with Michael O'neill a month a go talking like NI were already qualified.

AZhibee
06-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Pulisic, Altidore, US 2-0 Panama, 20th minute

AZhibee
07-10-2017, 12:25 AM
3-0 US; Altidore converts a chip Penalty Kick, reminded me of Cummings' attempt at one, last year?

AZhibee
07-10-2017, 12:36 AM
3-0 US; Altidore converts a chip Penalty Kick, reminded me of Cummings' attempt at one, last year?

California-Hibs
07-10-2017, 03:56 AM
Pulisic, Altidore, US 2-0 Panama, 20th minute

It's a joke how easy the US have it. I hope people aren't too impressed with them generally making every World Cup, they go into a group of the 6 same teams and the top 3, yes THREE, go straight through to the competition, 4th even gets you a play off, and only the bottom 2 places see you out of it. Their group includes rubbish teams like Trinidad and Tobago, Honduras and Panama.

I'm forever reminding folk over here how easy they have it. To be fair the majority agree, while we continuously face the likes of Germany, Spain, Italy etc

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2017, 07:45 AM
It's a joke how easy the US have it. I hope people aren't too impressed with them generally making every World Cup, they go into a group of the 6 same teams and the top 3, yes THREE, go straight through to the competition, 4th even gets you a play off, and only the bottom 2 places see you out of it. Their group includes rubbish teams like Trinidad and Tobago, Honduras and Panama.

I'm forever reminding folk over here how easy they have it. To be fair the majority agree, while we continuously face the likes of Germany, Spain, Italy etc

:agree: The WC isn't about having the best 32 (?) teams in it - it's about getting a decent geographical spread. Did they not change the qualification/play off to make it easier for Australia to qualify a few years ago?

number9dream
07-10-2017, 07:50 AM
Pos
Grp
Team

v
t
e

Pld
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
Pts
Qualification

B (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_B)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Flag_of_Portugal.svg/23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_national_football_team) (X)
+18
Advance to second round (play-offs) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_S econd_Round)

G (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_G)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/03/Flag_of_Italy.svg/23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_national_football_team) (Z)
+3

E (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_E)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Flag_of_Denmark.svg/20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_national_football_team)
+7

C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_C)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/Flag_of_Northern_Ireland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Northern_Ireland.svg.png Northern Ireland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_national_football_team) (Y, Z)
+5

D (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_D)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Flag_of_Wales_2.svg/23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Wales (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales_national_football_team)
+2

I (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_I)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Flag_of_Croatia.svg/23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia_national_football_team)
+2

F (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_F)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Flag_of_Scotland.svg/23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team) (Z)
−1

A (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_A)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4c/Flag_of_Sweden.svg/23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_national_football_team)
+3

H (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_G roup_H)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg/23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg.png Bosnia and Herzegovina (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnia_and_Herzegovina_national_football_team) (Z)
+2

Sweden will move 2 points above us with a win over Luxembourg and could go top of their group if France don't win in Bulgaria. Netherlands need a win in Belarus to stay involved in Group A. If Bosnia manage to beat Belgium, suddenly we're bottom of that table. Yikes!

Netherlands v Sweden in final round helps, NI need a point in Norway to be safe. Croatia have messed up with that draw at home to Finland and face a must-win in Ukraine, who look like they will also be better off than Scotland with a win. Our ropey goal difference is the problem.
Denmark just need a point at home to Romania. Bosnia then go to Estonia. We might be hoping Ireland take something in Wales. Switzerland will drop into this table if they lose in Portugal but they already have enough points for a play-off place.

Of course, all of this is arithmetic is pointless if we don't pick up three points tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 07:55 AM
:agree: The WC isn't about having the best 32 (?) teams in it - it's about getting a decent geographical spread. Did they not change the qualification/play off to make it easier for Australia to qualify a few years ago?

Australia moved to the Asian Federation in 2006 which actually made it harder for them to qualify. Prior to that they played in the Oceania Federation and they basically had a free pass to the World Cup as they were streets ahead of every other nation in that region. They used to run up cricket scores in nearly every game.

Ich liebe Deek
07-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Willie Collum ref for the Bosnia game tonight.He's due us all a favour😈

The Harp Awakes
07-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Willie Collum ref for the Bosnia game tonight.He's due us all a favour��

Who's ref for Scotland game? Hopefully not a Bosnian.

Smartie
07-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Did Craig Thomson not once make a horrific mess of a Bosnia game?

I seem to remember some appalling decisions in a really important qualifier against someone like France.

There was a time when I used to like picturing him getting his toes removed one by one by a really nasty Bosnian warlord.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Who's ref for Scotland game? Hopefully not a Bosnian.

The ref's Swedish tomorrow.

murray26
07-10-2017, 08:32 AM
So basically we’re all Belgium 🇧🇪 tonight.

Firestarter
07-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Australia moved to the Asian Federation in 2006 which actually made it harder for them to qualify. Prior to that they played in the Oceania Federation and they basically had a free pass to the World Cup as they were streets ahead of every other nation in that region. They used to run up cricket scores in nearly every game.

Did they not have to play a play off even if they won the Oceania meaning they always got mugged in that match and never qualify? A bit like New Zealand as they have won easily now have to play a inter confederation play off perhaps against Argentina?

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Did Craig Thomson not once make a horrific mess of a Bosnia game?

I seem to remember some appalling decisions in a really important qualifier against someone like France.

There was a time when I used to like picturing him getting his toes removed one by one by a really nasty Bosnian warlord.
I’ve no idea, but considering his usual performances there must be a high chance that the stories true.

Firestarter
07-10-2017, 08:48 AM
So basically we’re all Belgium 🇧🇪 tonight.

Always preferred Croatia myself anyway.

Sammy7nil
07-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Bosnia are only 7/4 at home to win tonight I expect them to beat a less than motivated probably second string Belgian side. I have always been an optimist. :greengrin

Future17
07-10-2017, 08:54 AM

That's not right. Part of the reason Australia moved to the AFC was to make it easier for them to qualify for the World Cup. Although the AFC has better teams in it, it also has more qualification spots and, crucially, some of them are automatic. The OFC has no automatic qualification spots and requires a playoff which was historically against a South American team.

Ironically, the only occasion they qualified through the playoff was for the 2006 tournament - just before they switched to the AFC. Their logic has proven sound though as, since they moved, they've qualified for the 2010 and 2014 tournaments. They also look to be on course to qualify for 2018.

The only time they qualified prior to 2006 was for the 1974 tournament and, at that time, the OFC and AFC teams shared a qualification route, with only one spot available.

Keith_M
07-10-2017, 08:57 AM
The ref's Swedish tomorrow.

Do you have any photos of her?

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 09:18 AM
That's not right. Part of the reason Australia moved to the AFC was to make it easier for them to qualify for the World Cup. Although the AFC has better teams in it, it also has more qualification spots and, crucially, some of them are automatic. The OFC has no automatic qualification spots and requires a playoff which was historically against a South American team.

Ironically, the only occasion they qualified through the playoff was for the 2006 tournament - just before they switched to the AFC. Their logic has proven sound though as, since they moved, they've qualified for the 2010 and 2014 tournaments. They also look to be on course to qualify for 2018.

The only time they qualified prior to 2006 was for the 1974 tournament and, at that time, the OFC and AFC teams shared a qualification route, with only one spot available.

Did they not have to play a play off even if they won the Oceania meaning they always got mugged in that match and never qualify? A bit like New Zealand as they have won easily now have to play a inter confederation play off perhaps against Argentina?

Aye apologies i'm talking nonsense. I forgot about the play off they always had to play!

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 09:20 AM

Latterly did they not have a playoff with one of the teams from the Middle East first? The loser of that playoff then played the South American team.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 09:45 AM
its maybe worth remembering that even if we don't get a play off spot finishing second could be hugely important for future qualifications.

I don't know the stats but I'm assuming not many teams qualify from third or fourth seeds in their group?

I also don't think there's any chance of all those results going against us, if we finish second that'll be enough for a play off spot. Just in case though I'll maybe stick a coupon on for all the teams we don't want to win.

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2017, 11:19 AM

Cheers mate - I thought I was right.

murray26
07-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Strong Belgian team out.. surely good enough to earn at least a point 🙏🏻

Diclonius
07-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Bosnia play Belgium in 20 minutes. If they don't win, we'll definitely finish above them if we win. Problem solved.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Bosnia play Belgium in 20 minutes. If they don't win, we'll definitely finish above them if we win. Problem solved.

Is this on tv anywhere?

Not interested in streaming it online.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Is this on tv anywhere?

Not interested in streaming it online.

It's on Sky.

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Belgian side to play Bosnia:

Courtois
Vertonghen
Vermaelen
Alderweireld
Meunier
Fellaini
De Bruyne
Carrasco
Mertens
Hazard
Batshuayi

Hopefully they are motivated enough to get at least a point tonight :pray:

SteveHFC
07-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Mon Belgium. :hyper

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Courtois
Vertonghen
Vermaelen
Alderweireld
Meunier
Fellaini
De Bruyne
Carrasco
Mertens
Hazard
Batshuayi

Just realised that Lukaku's injured, that's a bit of a blow! Although it's still a strong line up.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Pitch is in a terrible condition for the Bosnia game.

SteveHFC
07-10-2017, 04:04 PM
1-0 Belgium.

Sir David Gray
1-0 Belgium :thumbsup:

SJNB Hibby
Pitch is in a terrible condition for the Bosnia game.

Magic!!!!

Big_Franck
Mon the waffle munchers.

California-Hibs
07-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Bosnia 0-1 Belgium after 3 minutes! There we go! This was always going to be the one that does it for us. Now let's beat Slovenia!!

hibsbollah
07-10-2017, 04:06 PM

Courtois
Vertonghen
Vermaelen
Alderweireld
Meunier
Fellaini
De Bruyne
Carrasco
Mertens
Hazard
Batshuayi

Unbelievably strong eleven.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Yes!!

A Bosnian red card and a Belgium pen soon from oor pal Collum and it's back in our hands

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2017, 04:10 PM
That pitch is a tattie field.

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Unbelievably strong eleven.

Yep. Add to that starting 11 players like Lukaku, Kompany, Dembele, Benteke, Chadli, Mirallas, Origi and Witsel. Roma's Nainggolan can't even get in to their squad.

IGRIGI
07-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Here we go...

Wilson

Jordin Sparkes?

lord bunberry
It’s terrible. I’m guessing that a club team must play on it every week.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 04:25 PM
It’s terrible. I’m guessing that a club team must play on it every week.

Yep it's the home stadium of FK Zeljeznicar.

hibsbollah
07-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Yep. Add to that starting 11 players like Lukaku, Kompany, Dembele, Benteke, Chadli, Mirallas, Origi and Witsel. Roma's Nainggolan can't even get in to their squad.

Just ridiculous. It's tantamount to greedy.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Bosnia 1-1 Belgium

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 04:30 PM
1-1

Wilson
07-10-2017, 04:32 PM
1-1

Hmm. Embarrassment of riches to... embarrassment.

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Jordin Sparkes?

I googled that and I'm still none the wiser lol. You'll have to enlighten me, getting auld.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Bosnia 2-1 Belgium

SteveHFC
2-1 Bosnia.:rolleyes:

lord bunberry
Hmm. Embarrassment of riches to... embarrassment.
And it gets worse 2-1 Bosnia

SJNB Hibby
07-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Yes
Is this how we're going to miss out?

Jim Herriot
07-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Here we go...

Two in a row...

Jim44
07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Belgium can only lose self respect in this game. They’re under no pressure to win and could spoil our chances by letting BH win...... oops 2-1 BH.

California-Hibs
07-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Wow, get your finger out Belgium and get with the script!

HibbyAndy
07-10-2017, 04:42 PM
My missing something here ? Are we reliant on Belgium taking at least a point or we won't make the playoffs ?

lord bunberry
07-10-2017, 04:43 PM
What a save from the Bosnian keeper

07-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Double save by Begovic from point blank range.

danhibees1875
07-10-2017, 04:44 PM
My missing something here ? Are we reliant on Belgium taking at least a point or we won't make the playoffs ?

There are some other ways - this seemed the most likely though.

It would take about 6/7 results going against us for us to not qualify after winning on Sunday. Many of those results are "likely" - this one was the "banker" for the unlikely camp.

Gmack7
07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
what channel is the Bosnia game on

Speedy

Bosnia need to win or they can't get ahead of us.

There are other results that can save us but this is the one that looks most likely to do us a favour.

hibsbollah

Belgium not gaining at least a point against Bosnia is one of five or six results we need to not happen. So if they equalise we're laughing.

Speedy
what channel is the Bosnia game on

Sky sports red button

bingo70
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM

One of a number of ways.

If this doesn't go our way there's about another 6 that could.

Sir David Gray

It's not quite that simple but if Belgium do get at least a draw tonight then it means that Scotland will definitely make the play offs if we win tomorrow night.

We could still make it even if Bosnia do win tonight but it complicates things a lot and we'll possibly need to wait until Tuesday to see if we have made it.

Jim44

If Bosnia win this and their last game they will pip us, unless we win with a cricket score (I think).

Speedy
Double save by Begovic from point blank range.

Absolutely brilliant goalkeeping. Attackers could've done a little better but brilliant nonetheless.

Sammy7nil
07-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Bosnia are only 7/4 at home to win tonight I expect them to beat a less than motivated probably second string Belgian side. I have always been an optimist. :greengrin

Oh Mrs !

seanshow
07-10-2017, 04:53 PM
As the commentator said, when your lucks in! This could be Bosnia's night, 1 nil down on a glue pot pitch and turned it around with 2 goals, a double save from their goalie, and then he nearly scores an og when a cross comes of him and saved by the post.

Great entertainment, if not the result we are looking for...bring on the 2nd half. :)

Speedy
07-10-2017, 04:55 PM
As the commentator said, when your lucks in! This could be Bosnia's night, 1 nil down on a glue pot pitch and turned it around with 2 goals, a double save from their goalie, and then he nearly scores an og when a cross comes of him and saved by the post.

Great entertainment, if not the result we are looking for...bring on the 2nd half. :)

The 2nd Bosnia goal was an absolute shambles from Belgium's perspective.

Col2
07-10-2017, 04:58 PM
The pitch is a total disgrace. Belgium players going through the motions and the goalie looked suspect for both goals.

We know how this is going to end.

It would be the ultimate scotland scenario to finish 9th best 2nd placed by say one goal and due to some extraordinary set of results.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 05:00 PM
The pitch is a total disgrace. Belgium players going through the motions and the goalie looked suspect for both goals.

We know how this is going to end.

It would be the ultimate scotland scenario to finish 9th best 2nd placed by say one goal and due to some extraordinary set of results.

What are the other games today that could realistically go our way?

Col2
07-10-2017, 05:04 PM

None. Would all come down to Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so if things don't change in 45 mins reasonable chance we won't know if we are in playoffs at full time tomorrow.

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 05:06 PM

There's none now. The only other one was Sweden maybe slipping up but they're 3-0 up against Luxembourg.

18Hibee75
Would a draw also be a good result for Scotland in this bosnia game??

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
The pitch is like ploughed field and it is pouring with rain

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:07 PM

None really.

We could have done with Sweden dropping points but that was never going to happen at home to Luxembourg and they're currently 3-0 up.

Col2
07-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Saying that we do want Holland to win tonight as it would give them head to head in final game and if they win they would finish 2nd but can't get more that 19 points.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Would a draw also be a good result for Scotland in this bosnia game??

Yes.

As long as Bosnia don't win today then Scotland will be in the play offs if we win tomorrow.

SJNB Hibby
OMG this is just NOT going to be our night

Sammy7nil
Massive scramble two off line Belgium getting close

Ball bouncing about like a pinball in the Bosnia box.

Speedy
07-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Ball bouncing about like a pinball in the Bosnia box.

And with a shot cleared off the line

18Hibee75
07-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Yes.

As long as Bosnia don't win today then Scotland will be in the play offs if we win tomorrow.Cheers, would be typical if we finished second and still missed out on play offs. Just looking at our table and realised even if Slovakia did finish second, they would almost certainly be worst placed second team.

07-10-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm getting as nervous about this game as I was on Thursday night.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Cheers, would be typical if we finished second and still missed out on play offs. Just looking at our table and realised even if Slovakia did finish second, they would almost certainly be worst placed second team.

Yeah I can't see Slovakia (or Slovenia for that matter) being able to qualify for the play offs if they do happen to finish second ahead of us.

edinburghhibee
07-10-2017, 05:15 PM
2-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmack7
get in 2 . 2

Speedy
2-2

SteveHFC
Yas Belgium :hyper

Sir David Gray
Bosnia 2-2 Belgium

edinburghhibee
07-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Good for Scotland

SJNB Hibby
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
And Belgium DEFINITELY look like they dont want to lose

Glory Lurker
Gaun!

Speedy
07-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Cheers, would be typical if we finished second and still missed out on play offs. Just looking at our table and realised even if Slovakia did finish second, they would almost certainly be worst placed second team.

It would also be just our luck finishing 3rd in the group with more points than the 9th place runner up

Speedy
07-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Saying that we do want Holland to win tonight as it would give them head to head in final game and if they win they would finish 2nd but can't get more that 19 points.

Yeah that's about it. Could do with them hammering whoever they play (Belarus?) so they still have something to play for against Sweden.

greenlex
07-10-2017, 05:20 PM
That pitch is quality.

eastender1
07-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Yeah that's about it. Could do with them hammering whoever they play (Belarus?) so they still have something to play for against Sweden.

That one's drifting away. Sweden now 5 up and they've already got a 6 goal better goal difference than the Dutch.

Come on the Belgians :)

Firestarter
07-10-2017, 05:24 PM
That one's drifting away. Sweden now 5 up and they've already got a 6 goal better goal difference than the Dutch.

It's on head to head. First match a draw.

edinburghhibee
07-10-2017, 05:25 PM
3-2 Belgium

Sir David Gray
Bosnia 2-3 Belgium

Gmack7
and breathe

SteveHFC
3-2 Belgium.

Just need to win tomorrow. We can do it.

Yes

SJNB Hibby
WoooooooHooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Firestarter
Goal

California-Hibs
07-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Woohoo they've turned it around! Belgium now 2-3 up!

Speedy
07-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Didn't realise Sweden were so many up.

Looks like it won't matter now anyway :greengrin

eastender1
07-10-2017, 05:27 PM

Great - another lifeline still on

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:28 PM

If two teams are level on points, it goes to goal difference.

Wilson
07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Sweden 7-0. Good number. May as well stop there.

Wilson
07-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Oops. 8 now.

SJNB Hibby
07-10-2017, 05:38 PM
This weekend of footie is gonna take years off my life

Sir David Gray
Big chance missed for Edin Dzeko.

edinburghhibee
3-3

Sir David Gray
3-3.

SJNB Hibby
F$^&^%^**&

lord bunberry
3-3 squeaky bum time.

SteveHFC
07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Belgium better not **** this up. ​

ionahibby
Dutch in serious trouble u would think from that result

SJNB Hibby
Cant see Belgium hanging on here-----we're doomed in this one

greenlex
07-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Boom

Sir David Gray
4-3 Belgium.

Speedy
4-3 belgium. What a game

SJNB Hibby
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What a F&^%%&g game

SteveHFC
07-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Thank **** for that

https://media.tenor.com/images/48f5aa0fc99b4e86d37bf0cbf1b05527/tenor.gif

A bit of a rollercoaster ride this game.

stoneyburn hibs
Who would we want IF we make it ?
For some odd reason I'm convinced that it will be N.Ireland.

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 05:42 PM
What a game. Bosnia are shocking at the back.

SJNB Hibby
07-10-2017, 05:43 PM

Iceland---show England how it's done

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Iceland---show England how it's done

Iceland are likely to qualify automatically after last night's results.

lucky
07-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Decent game played on a Sunday league surface. Now it’s up to Scotland to get the 3 points to have a chance of qualifying

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Full time Bosnia 3-4 Belgium.

If Scotland win tomorrow we're in the play offs.

What could possibly go wrong? :wink:

bingo70
Anyone got any idea how the Greece Cyprus game likely to go?

Cypriot clubs seem to be doing quite well recently and guessing there'll be no love lost between the two of them?

Cyprus worth a few quid?

SJNB Hibby
Whew!!!

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 05:51 PM
That's that sorted then. Win tomorrow and we are guaranteed a play-off spot regardless of any other results. I'd have bitten your hand off for that scenario a year ago.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 05:53 PM

Cypriot clubs seem to be doing quite well recently and guessing there'll be no love lost between the two of them?

Cyprus worth a few quid?

I think Greece will win but I don't think there's much animosity between them. Quite the opposite I think.

Now Turkey and Cyprus is a totally different ball game!

Billy Whizz
07-10-2017, 05:55 PM
That's that sorted then. Win tomorrow and we are guaranteed a play-off spot regardless of any other results. I'd have bitten your hand off for that scenario a year ago.

That’s going to be the hard bit, but we’ve got momentum, and we know what we need to do

bingo70
07-10-2017, 05:55 PM
I think Greece will win but I don't think there's much animosity between them. Quite the opposite I think.

Cheers.

Mrs is out tonight so trying to decide what game to stick a few quid on and watch.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 05:56 PM
That’s going to be the hard bit, but we’ve got momentum, and we know what we need to do

Are Slovenia any good?

Jim44
07-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Would a draw not be enough for us to qualify? BH can only get 17 points now which we already have.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Would a draw not be enough for us to qualify? BH can only get 17 points now which we already have.

Slovakia will beat Malta and overtake us if we draw.

Speedy
07-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Wales. Northern Ireland are unlikely to be seeded.

Billy Whizz
Are Slovenia any good?

Lower than Scotland in world rankings, other than that not sure

18Hibee75
Would a draw not be enough for us to qualify? BH can only get 17 points now which we already have.No, well yes, if Malta pulled off an impossible task and either held or beat Slovakia.

JimBHibees

Agree Greece Cyprus usually a love in but assuming will be different when competing.

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2017, 06:00 PM

Cyprus worth a few quid?

why no love lost :confused: they've played each other in 25 friendlies, now IF it was Turkey v Cyprus

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Are Slovenia any good?

They've not conceded a single goal in their 4 home qualifiers so far. Their results were 0-0 against England, they beat Slovakia 1-0, Lithuania 4-0 and Malta 2-0.

They are pretty much already out so who knows how motivated they'll be though. Kane's last minute winner the other night means even if they were to beat us they'd need Slovakia to fail to beat Malta at home. Even if those two results go in their favour there's a very good chance they'd be the worst 2nd placed team anyway.

murray26
07-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Thank **** for that.. I was beginning to get seriously worried now let’s focus on tomorrow.. huge game.. draw no good as Slovakia would reclaim 2 nd spot.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Lower than Scotland in world rankings, other than that not sure

Had a look on wiki and other than their goalie they don't seem to have any real stars.

I'm no expert on European football though

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:03 PM
why no love lost :confused: they've played each other in 25 friendlies, now IF it was Turkey v Cyprus

Ignorance on my part.

I assumed as geographically they're quite close there'd be some animosity.

JimBHibees
07-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Wales. Northern Ireland are unlikely to be seeded.

Both could be seeded depending on who else is in. What we don't want is France dropping into the play offs especially with Italy and Portugal likely to be in.

Big_Franck
07-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Had a look on wiki and other than their goalie they don't seem to have any real stars.

I'm no expert on European football though

Ilicic is their best player I think. He's a left footed attacking midfielder that plays in Italy. He played for Fiorentina for years and is now with Atalanta. He actually played and scored against Hibs i'm sure. I think he scored at least once when we got beat by Maribor over there. Left footed shot from outside the box IIRC.

CorrieHibs
07-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Both could be seeded depending on who else is in. What we don't want is France dropping into the play offs especially with Italy and Portugal likely to be in.

NI unlikely to be seeded if Croatia are in the play offs?

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2017, 06:08 PM
It's a nonsense that the play offs are seeded.

Jim44
07-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Slovakia will beat Malta and overtake us if we draw.

Of course. I forgot about them.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Ilicic is their best player I think. He's a left footed attacking midfielder that plays in Italy. He played for Fiorentina for years and is now with Atalanta. He actually played and scored against Hibs i'm sure. I think he scored at least once when we got beat by Maribor over there. Left footed shot from outside the box IIRC.

Just reading on Facebook that two of their best player are suspended after picking up bookings against England. Ex inter Milan defender and a chievo midfielder both out.

Diclonius
07-10-2017, 06:32 PM
It's a nonsense that the play offs are seeded.

Just FIFA's little way of reminding us that they only want the best at the World Cup. And by "the best" we mean "teams that have previously been the best and therefore deserve an advantage for some reason".

If we win, I reckon the following teams will make the playoffs:
Sweden
Portugal
Northern Ireland
Wales
Denmark
Scotland
Italy
Croatia

We're by some distance the lowest ranked of those so will more than likely be non-seeded. On current rankings (which will change) we'd be drawn against one of the following:
Portugal
Wales
Italy
Croatia

Aye lads, that'll be glorious failure #10. :aok:

hibsbollah
07-10-2017, 06:34 PM
Just FIFA's little way of reminding us that they only want the best at the World Cup. And by "the best" we mean "teams that have previously been the best and therefore deserve an advantage for some reason".

Sweden
Portugal
Northern Ireland
Wales
Denmark
Scotland
Italy
Croatia

We're by some distance the lowest ranked of those so will more than likely be non-seeded. On current rankings (which will change) we'd be drawn against one of the following:
Portugal
Wales
Italy
Croatia

We'd beat Wales. With our without Bale.

lugz
07-10-2017, 06:35 PM
What an absolute joke that the playoffs are seeded. Being brutally honest I can't see us beating any of the 4 teams mentioned above over 2 legs.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Sweden
Portugal
Northern Ireland
Wales
Denmark
Scotland
Italy
Croatia

Portugal
Wales
Italy
Croatia

I don't think getting put out the play offs by a vastly superior team would be a glorious failure.

It'd hopefully put us up a seeding for the next draw which could end up being really significant for the next World Cup.

cleanyman
07-10-2017, 06:36 PM

We have a stinking record against Wales. Recently anyway.

Not saying we couldn't win mind you.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Sweden
Portugal
Northern Ireland
Wales
Denmark
Scotland
Italy
Croatia

Portugal
Wales
Italy
Croatia

I honestly thought the seeding was worked out depending on the second placed league standings, i.e. the four second placed teams with the best points tally from the group stage would be drawn against the bottom four.

I hope we get Wales now, I think either them or Northern Ireland present the best chance for us qualifying.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2017, 06:40 PM
We have a stinking record against Wales. Recently anyway.

Not saying we couldn't win mind you.

IIRC We were 1-0 up in Cardiff and had a Steven Fletcher goal WRONGLY ruled offside for 2-0 and ended up getting beat.

I agree with or without Bale we would beat Wales over 2 legs

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I honestly thought the seeding was worked out depending on the second placed league standings, i.e. the four second placed teams with the best points tally from the group stage would be drawn against the bottom four.

I hope we get Wales now, I think either them or Northern Ireland present the best chance for us qualifying.

Think you're getting ahead of yourself here 😉

Tough game for us tomorrow.

lugz
07-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Just read that if Denmark beat Romania in their final match they'll be above Italy in the world rankings that will push them into the seeded pot and Italy into the unseeded pot.

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:42 PM
IIRC We were 1-0 up in Cardiff and had a Steven Fletcher goal WRONGLY ruled offside for 2-0 and ended up getting beat.

I agree with or without Bale we would beat Wales over 2 legs

Charlie Adam with one of the laziest pieces of midfield play I've ever seen allowing them to get the winner.

Don't think he's played for us since?

theonlywayisup
07-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Are we not jumping the gun a little bit - we've only 11 points as you have to deduct the points gained against the bottom team in the group.

Now it might not change things as the other teams in second place might be in the same situation. However, some of those teams in second place might have dropped points against the team currently in bottom position. For example, France only drew with Luxemborg in their group so the one point they gained will actually be less points to deduct compared to Scotland, who gained 6 points from the team that will finish bottom in our group.

My head is too mince to try and work it out - it may not change anything, but it might.

Edit: had a wee look, only France of those that might finish second have dropped points against the bottom team.

Eight of the nine European runners-up go into a two-legged play off for four places at next year's finals. That means the runner-up with the fewest points misses out. That unfortunate position is currently occupied by Bosnia-Herzegovina, although plenty can change over the coming days.

It is important to note that results against the bottom side in each group do not count in the final play-off standings.

The ranking of second-placed teams in the qualifying groups is determined by the highest number of points. If teams are equal on points, positions are decided by goal difference, goals scored, goals scored away from home and fair play points.

Diclonius
07-10-2017, 06:46 PM

To be fair, neither Italy nor Croatia are what they used to be - we would give them a game.

Portugal are the real danger. Ranked #3 in the world.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-10-2017, 06:50 PM
1 0 France Matuidi

CropleyWasGod
07-10-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm in Greece just now, watching the game against Cyprus. Is it relevant?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

bingo70
07-10-2017, 06:58 PM

No, not any more.

Not to us anyway.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Can Portugal still win their section if they win their last 2 games?

murray26
07-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Can Portugal still win their section if they win their last 2 games?

Yes.. they play the Swiss last game.

CropleyWasGod
07-10-2017, 07:03 PM
No, not any more.

Not to us anyway.Cheers.

Cyprus have just gone ahead against the world's most boring team....but I'm not saying that out loud. [emoji16]

bingo70
07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Cheers.

Cyprus have just gone ahead against the world's most boring team....but I'm not saying that out loud. [emoji16]

Do they still have the ex hearts superstars from last season playing for them?

I know they weren't at their best then but they were dreadful.

Saturday Boy
07-10-2017, 07:05 PM

Only for netters wondering how many holidays an accountant can take 😉

Billy Whizz
07-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Yes.. they play the Swiss last game.

Thanks, wasn’t sure if their results against the lower teams

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 07:11 PM

I know they weren't at their best then but they were dreadful.

He just scored.

CropleyWasGod
07-10-2017, 07:11 PM

I know they weren't at their best then but they were dreadful.Dunno...it's all Greek to me.

Gimme some names?

2-1 Greece now.

hibsbollah
07-10-2017, 07:13 PM
1 0 France Matuidi
:sauzee:

SJNB Hibby
07-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Boy it's nice to just enjoy these games without worrying who needs to win or lose to give us a chance to qualify

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Think you're getting ahead of yourself here 😉

Tough game for us tomorrow.

Absolutely. It's by no means a foregone conclusion that we'll win tomorrow but if we do win and get into the play offs, I would prefer a British style match up against either Wales or Northern Ireland.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2017, 07:27 PM
To be fair, neither Italy nor Croatia are what they used to be - we would give them a game.

Portugal are the real danger. Ranked #3 in the world.

A Ronaldo-less (he's on the bench) Portugal are currently being held 0-0 by the mighty Andorra.

I'm sure they will go on to win this game but without Ronaldo, they're really not a great side.

hibsbollah
07-10-2017, 07:38 PM
That's a big goal for the Dutch, it's not over for them yet.

stoneyburn hibs
07-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Boy it's nice to just enjoy these games without worrying who needs to win or lose to give us a chance to qualify

It really is. Need to go and buy more fingernails for tomorrow.