PDA

View Full Version : Bartley

hfc rd
11-08-2017, 12:06 AM
Is he available for this weekend or still carrying an injury? He's perfect for these sort of games and someone you can rely upon to win the midfield battle.

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2017, 01:48 AM
Is he available for this weekend or still carrying an injury? He's perfect for these sort of games and someone you can rely upon to win the midfield battle.

Reports are he'll be avaliable. You're right, he's tailor made for these kind of games.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-08-2017, 04:37 AM
GUARANTEED first booking

It'll be for a nothing challenge and not an accumulation booking

AlbertK86
11-08-2017, 05:51 AM
Which Sevco season ticket holder is refereeing

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2017, 06:01 AM
Which Sevco season ticket holder is refereeing

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I think its the honourable grandmaster John Beaton.

GreenArmyyy!
11-08-2017, 07:01 AM
He said on Tuesday night he'd be fit for Saturday.

mjhibby
11-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Definitely want him for tomorrow. Don't mind going with slika and mcginn in cmid. I wonder if Lennon will go for it if we're level after 70 mins. If we handle the occasion,which I think we will,then it's going to be a cracking game. I get the feeling they will be quite good when everything going well but won't handle pressure games. Let battle commence.

Keith_M
11-08-2017, 07:51 AM
GUARANTEED first booking

It'll be for a nothing challenge and not an accumulation booking

He'll be carded after one free-kick for 'persistent fouling'

18Hibee75
11-08-2017, 08:18 AM
He's joked about the injury only being a dead leg on social media and has said he's available for it. Hope he gets right into them.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Hopefullyhe’s fit but I’d only include Marv in the starting 11 if we go 4 at the back (I would). 3CBs would IMO mean we could have 3 footballing centre mids – Dylan, SJM andSlivka/Swanson?

Baw187
11-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Hopefullyhe’s fit but I’d only include Marv in the starting 11 if we go 4 at the back (I would). 3CBs would IMO mean we could have 3 footballing centre mids – Dylan, SJM andSlivka/Swanson?

Nah, if we have 3 at back at ibrox you want Marv protecting to allow the WBs to get forward.

It's different against Ayr at home!

The other option is you play Whitts there cause his distribution is better and will allow us to break better at pace. Which is another thing you want when potentially getting penned in at Ibrox. But he'd still sit and protect.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2017, 09:24 AM
It all depends what NL plans to do, from all accounts Sevco were decent going forward on Saturday, especially down the flanks, but they were pretty ropey at the back .... from that POV he might prefer to go with a midfielder who is better on the ball. But with Dorrans in there there's no doubt the Huns have a more potent midfield than last season and big Marv is just the guy to stifle that threat.

With the team we have though the only way this is going to turn into a backs to the wall performance is if we let it happen .... from middle to front we have the players to damage their back 4, we just need to have the confidence in our own ability needed to come out and take them on. IMO too many teams went to Ibrox last season and lost to the crowd rather than what was a pretty average Sevco team.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Stubbs didn't play him in that "final", so maybe Lennon thinking the same

CapitalGreen
11-08-2017, 09:30 AM

Yeah, Stubbsy only started him once in 5 games against Rangers.

Personally, I would play Slivka, McGinn and McGeouch as Rangers are likely to only play 2 in the middle of midfield.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2017, 09:32 AM

Yeh, but that Sevco midfield was pretty lightweight ... for much of that season they relied on their two wingbacks as their main attacking threat along with McKay .... it wasn't difficult to stifle any midfield threat without needing an enforcer in there to help. With the addition of Dorrans they are much more of a threat in midfield which is why there's every chance Bartley will at least start the game.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-08-2017, 09:37 AM
It all depends what NL plans to do, from all accounts Sevco were decent going forward on Saturday, especially down the flanks, but they were pretty ropey at the back .... from that POV he might prefer to go with a midfielder who is better on the ball. But with Dorrans in there there's no doubt the Huns have a more potent midfield than last season and big Marv is just the guy to stifle that threat.

With the team we have though the only way this is going to turn into a backs to the wall performance is if we let it happen .... from middle to front we have the players to damage their back 4, we just need to have the confidence in our own ability needed to come out and take them on. IMO too many teams went to Ibrox last season and lost to the crowd rather than what was a pretty average Sevco team.

I agree and this why I wouldn’t play 532 with Marv at CDM.Starting with 6 players in defensive positions is playing into their hands. If wego 532 the 3 in the middle need to all be able to play.

Personally I’d go with the same shape as Saturday past. McGregor comes in for either CB and NL candecide whether he wants to go with Stokes or Swanson. Take the game to them.

hfc rd
11-08-2017, 10:23 AM

The Rangers midfield was for more lightweight back then than what it is now. They were much stronger out wide than central back then.

col02
11-08-2017, 10:53 AM
I think I am guilty of doing Bartley a disservice. He is a lot more than an enforcer going by some of his passing this season. I think as well because he can retain possession of the ball Ibrox will be tailor made for him.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2017, 11:03 AM
I think I am guilty of doing Bartley a disservice. He is a lot more than an enforcer going by some of his passing this season. I think as well because he can retain possession of the ball Ibrox will be tailor made for him.

Whilst passing isn't his main attribute, I think he's noticeably been on the front foot a lot more this year and pressing further up the park.