PDA

View Full Version : If not Stokes', who?

Hibbyradge
31-07-2017, 04:17 PM
I wonder who else Hibs are considering.

Any ideas?

(I'd ask for sensible ones only, but this is hibs.net)

SRHibs
31-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Ciftci maybe?

Hermit Crab
Doolan at Partick?

Moult could be possible?

Callum_62
Adam Le Fondre

21sMay
31-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Heard from a mate that we have spoke to lyle Taylor, have no idea how reliable he is for info or even where Taylor is playing nowadays

SRHibs
31-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Heard from a mate that we have spoke to lyle Taylor, have no idea how reliable he is for info or even where Taylor is playing nowadays

Does your mate read Hibs net by any chance?

Hibernian Verse
31-07-2017, 04:20 PM

That was a made up rumour that was posted on here recently.

Mikey
31-07-2017, 04:21 PM
The scouting dept casts its net far and wide. We could easily get someone we've never heard of.

Hibbyradge
Adam Le Fondre

He's just signed a 2 year contract with Bolton.

HibernianJK
Doolan at Partick?

Moult could be possible?

I mentioned this to my mates recently. Not sure how many goals he's scored or how old he is but always seem to see his name when checking the scores.

Iceman1875
31-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Louis Moult for me. Would be a big statement by the club and surely not completely unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
31-07-2017, 04:24 PM
I mentioned this to my mates recently. Not sure how many goals he's scored or how old he is but always seem to see his name when checking the scores.

No question Doolan has done well for thistle but it begs the question why no one else has come in for him in that time

21sMay
31-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Does your mate read Hibs net by any chance?

Didn't know it was posted already mate . Maybe he does read this forum.

makaveli1875
31-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Mark Atkinson not giving away any potential names.

souther european .. got to be Samaras :greengrin

Smartie
31-07-2017, 04:27 PM
The scouting dept casts its net far and wide. We could easily get someone we've never heard of.

I think this is far more likely.

We probably can't afford anyone that we've heard of who would actually improve us. We probably don't want people we've heard of and can afford.

I suspect that we'd go for someone of the Slivka mould - unlikely to get an opportunity at their current, big club. Decent pedigree, possibly even an Internationalist but really needing to get games which they're unlikely to get where they are. Probably on loan, the player's wages would be sweeties to the big club so they won't play hardball on getting a few grand a week from us - they'd rather see their player play.

Absolutely no chance we'll be getting Moult, Doolan or any of the guys we tend to link ourselves with.

Heisenberg
31-07-2017, 04:27 PM
souther european .. got to be Samaras :greengrin

Potentially. Positive that we've got a strong list of targets, just got to get one or two of them actually signed!

Edit: He's also added that the two he knows of aren't household names.

hibeelovin90
31-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Benjis a free agent

MacGruber
31-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Benjis a free agent

Does it have to be someone who has scored 2 goals in a winning cup final :)

Hibbyradge
31-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Does it have to be someone who has scored 2 goals in a winning cup final :)

:thumbsup:

pacoluna
31-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Stephen dobbie

eastmainsmsh
31-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Adam Rooney

Centre Hawf
31-07-2017, 05:02 PM
#AnnounceMalonga

:greengrin

Big_Franck
31-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Louis Moult should be our number 1 target IMO. I'd be happy with Ciftci as well although he'd take quite a while to get up to speed I reckon. Can't remember seeing him involved in a game for a good while.

Lennon said before the Alloa game that Commons is 6 to 8 weeks away from fitness. He'll miss a good few games but he should be here in time for the first derby. He does love a goal against the yams.

justlikebrazil
31-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Steven Fletcher ;-)

easty
31-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Doolan at Partick?

Moult could be possible?

Doolan is murder. A slightly better Brian Graham.

Big_Franck
31-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Doolan is murder. A slightly better Brian Graham.

Think you are being a bit harsh on Doolan there. Doolan has scored 14 Premiership goals in both of the last two seasons. He's no superstar but has a very respectable scoring record for a smaller side in the top league. Not sure I'd even want us to sign him at 30 years old but as a 3rd or 4th choice striker we could do worse.

ancient hibee
31-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Stephen dobbie

Well worth a shout.Good goalscoring form last season has continued.

Smartie
31-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Think you are being a bit harsh on Doolan there. Doolan has scored 14 Premiership goals in both of the last two seasons. He's no superstar but has a very respectable scoring record for a smaller side in the top league. Not sure I'd even want us to sign him at 30 years old but as a 3rd or 4th choice striker we could do worse.

This is why these suggestions are ridiculous.

We'd have to pay top whack to get a very popular player from Thistle who, as a 30 year old, would be coming in to be a 3rd or 4th choice striker.

I think we're as well hanging onto Brian Graham as a 3rd or 4th choice.

We either spend properly to get in a first pick (and not the inflated nonsense it would take to get a player like Moult) or I don't think we should bother.

Boyle, Murray, Matelivicius and Graham are decent enough, we shouldn't be wasting money on anyone that isn't a drastic improvement on those 4.

Scorrie
31-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Adam Rooney

Big_Franck
31-07-2017, 05:33 PM
This is why these suggestions are ridiculous.

We'd have to pay top whack to get a very popular player from Thistle who, as a 30 year old, would be coming in to be a 3rd or 4th choice striker.

I think we're as well hanging onto Brian Graham as a 3rd or 4th choice.

We either spend properly to get in a first pick (and not the inflated nonsense it would take to get a player like Moult) or I don't think we should bother.

Boyle, Murray, Matelivicius and Graham are decent enough, we shouldn't be wasting money on anyone that isn't a drastic improvement on those 4.

Agree with the bit in bold, although it wouldn't be hard to find someone significantly better than Graham.

bingo70
31-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Despite Murrays early season promise Cummings hasn't been replaced yet so I'd expect whoever is coming in to be something of a marquee signing and certainly not a fourth choice signing.

It's bound to be a bosman and I suspect most good bosmans from these shores will have been snapped up so I'm assuming it'll be a Jonny foreigner we've never heard of.

stantonsboots
31-07-2017, 05:39 PM
stokes IS happening but id also like ali Crawford from Hamilton great all round forward

ian cruise
31-07-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't know who we would go for however I'd never have thought we'd replace Fyvie with an internationalist who was on Juve's books so I'm quite comfortable that it won't be a middle of the road journey man if we don't get Stokes. I suspect the names on our list are people for outside the Scottish leagues and would be a surprise to most on here.

Hibernia&Alba
31-07-2017, 05:44 PM
stokes IS happening but id also like ali Crawford from Hamilton great all round forward

Let's hope you're right. We need a proven goal scorer to replace Cummings. Getting Stokes back would be perfect.

Heisenberg
31-07-2017, 05:48 PM

We've been told that Stokes is happening all summer. Its a week before the start of the season and he's still not signed. Think it's looking less and less likely tbh.

mjhibby
31-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Hibs don't say anything about transfers hence we have the ridiculous speculation on here. I like a good rumour like the next guy but it's obvious loads of people are just banding names about. All the signings we have done look very good players especially whittaker who looks a proper footballer. The guys itk won't actually post or they won't be itk in the future. Just do what I do and check here two or three times a day and your stress level will go down. As for stokes my only worry is every day that goes by is one more day he's away from being properly match fit. I'd reckon even if he signs in the next couple of days it will be six to eight weeks till he's anywhere near his best. It might get to the stage wed be better to get someone who has played regularly and can come in straight away. Mind you the way Murray and Boyle are playing and with davey to come not as worried as a lot on here. Lennon as always is thinking long term and will not do anything knee jerk as he knows the score.

Aldo
31-07-2017, 06:02 PM

This was posted on here either yesterday or the day before. Sure of it??

stantonsboots
31-07-2017, 06:05 PM
We've been told that Stokes is happening all summer. Its a week before the start of the season and he's still not signed. Think it's looking less and less likely tbh.keep the faith its happening

MyJo
31-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Kane Hemmings

KWJ
31-07-2017, 06:13 PM
If Stokes doesn't happen I don't think we throw his wages on someone that we're less sure about. If a known quantity or talent is there and available then great but I wouldn't be too upset with giving a bit more responsibility to Murray and Big Dave while bringing in an improvement on Graham and Shaw be it an experienced pro or a loan for a promising youth from Celtic or an English side with impressive academy.

Northernhibee
31-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Zlatan :hyper

Jones28
31-07-2017, 06:14 PM
I think Moult would be a decent target, Motherwell are going nowhere fast and his goals have kept them safe. He could see us as a step up? Fee required obviously but could be a goer.

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Derek Riordan?

Northernhibee
31-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Derek Riordan?

:hyper

Souter96Mac
31-07-2017, 06:17 PM
I'd only be confident in getting Moult if we had sold McGinn for a healthy sum as I expect Motherwell to ask for a big amount from a team in the same division as them. I rate Moult but would rather keep McGinn

Mick O'Rourke
31-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Despite Murrays early season promise Cummings hasn't been replaced yet so I'd expect whoever is coming in to be something of a marquee signing and certainly not a fourth choice signing.

It's bound to be a bosman and I suspect most good bosmans from these shores will have been snapped up so I'm assuming it'll be a Jonny foreigner we've never heard of.

Jonny foreigner? Might still be Stokes then? :wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
31-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Derek Riordan?

Or derek ree-ordin as charlie nicholas calls him

Greencore
31-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Islam feruz?

Not serious.. moult?

Not a clue...

KSA Hibee
31-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Not seen it on here for ages so I'll bite .......

"Anyone thinks Deeks can still do a job for us?" 🙄

at last 61
31-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Ali Crawford for me and wouldn't cost much

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

neil7908
31-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Hibs don't say anything about transfers hence we have the ridiculous speculation on here. I like a good rumour like the next guy but it's obvious loads of people are just banding names about. All the signings we have done look very good players especially whittaker who looks a proper footballer. The guys itk won't actually post or they won't be itk in the future. Just do what I do and check here two or three times a day and your stress level will go down. As for stokes my only worry is every day that goes by is one more day he's away from being properly match fit. I'd reckon even if he signs in the next couple of days it will be six to eight weeks till he's anywhere near his best. It might get to the stage wed be better to get someone who has played regularly and can come in straight away. Mind you the way Murray and Boyle are playing and with davey to come not as worried as a lot on here. Lennon as always is thinking long term and will not do anything knee jerk as he knows the score.

Not having a pop at you but I've heard a few people use your first line and to be honest, it's just not true.

How many times has Neil Lennon discussed Stokes? Silvka was mentioned days before he signed. Lennon was in the Evening News in May talking about trying to get both Marciano and Ambrose back. If that's not talking about transfers I'm not sure what is!

IncredibleHibee
31-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Ali Crawford for me and wouldn't cost much

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Crawford is a midfielder

Big L
31-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Boyle, Moult & Murray, what a front line. That would really be a statement of intent. Show them awe what we're about!

Haymaker
31-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Not seen it on here for ages so I'll bite .......

"Anyone thinks Deeks can still do a job for us?" 🙄

I do.

Hibbyradge
31-07-2017, 07:59 PM
I do.

Is Tam McCourt retiring?

Lancs Harp
31-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Ive just seen Roy Race in the Mash Tun and he wasnt collecting glasses. Read into that what you want.:wink:

Colr
31-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Jonny foreigner? Might still be Stokes then? :wink:

Tricky chap, Johnny Foreigner!

Glory Lurker
31-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Ive just seen Roy Race in the Mash Tun and he wasnt collecting glasses. Read into that what you want.:wink:

Sadly his career's over after the helicopter accident. :boo hoo:

Firestarter
31-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Malonga and Murray an actual dream team of loveboats

mjhibby
01-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Not having a pop at you but I've heard a few people use your first line and to be honest, it's just not true.

How many times has Neil Lennon discussed Stokes? Silvka was mentioned days before he signed. Lennon was in the Evening News in May talking about trying to get both Marciano and Ambrose back. If that's not talking about transfers I'm not sure what is!

Hibs only comment if asked a direct question about a player. Nobody knew anything about Davie signing and wouldn't have known about slika if Sutton hadn't let it slip. We've obviously tried our hardest to get stokes and if he does cone it will be down to Lennon persuading him. I'll leave it to the club to get the right players in but do tire of endless itk posts.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2017, 12:56 AM
I think Moult would be a decent target, Motherwell are going nowhere fast and his goals have kept them safe. He could see us as a step up? Fee required obviously but could be a goer.

They want 500k for him, no chance we'll pay that. Don't think LD would want to give them the cash anyway.

Steve20
01-08-2017, 03:54 AM

Stokes deal is not happening. We are moving onto other targets. I agree Crawford would be a good signing but he's a midfielder.

Unseen work
01-08-2017, 04:25 AM
Rooney is dependant on aberdeens success in Europe, if they progress they are willing to sell him and use the extra cash for Moult.

Rooney is one of the highest earners at pittodrie however there new style of play doesn't suit him so they would be willing to offload him.

LancsHibs
01-08-2017, 06:59 AM
Rooney is dependant on aberdeens success in Europe, if they progress they are willing to sell him and use the extra cash for Moult.

Rooney is one of the highest earners at pittodrie however there new style of play doesn't suit him so they would be willing to offload him.

Would love for this to happen, my preferred option to Stokesey. He is less of a gamble, a player who is match fit ready to go, he could go straight into the team the day after signing with a full preseason in preparation. A player who spent last season banging In the goals in the league we are playing in instead of spending last season mostly at home. If we can make this happen then make it happen.

TonyStokeprano
01-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Would love for this to happen, my preferred option to Stokesey. He is less of a gamble, a player who is match fit ready to go, he could go straight into the team the day after signing with a full preseason in preparation. A player who spent last season banging In the goals in the league we are playing in instead of spending last season mostly at home. If we can make this happen then make it happen.

Agree with that , also hopefully we can move quickly as we sold Cummings 7 weeks ago be nice to get a replacement in soon and get them settled.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Stokes deal is not happening. We are moving onto other targets. I agree Crawford would be a good signing but he's a midfielder.

You've just made that up haven't you, Steve?

allezsauzee
01-08-2017, 08:11 AM

Rooney is better than Moult, I don't see why Aberdeen would spend money on a downgrade.

bigwheel
01-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Rooney is better than Moult, I don't see why Aberdeen would spend money on a downgrade.

McInnes doesn't agree with you - and he sees Rooney in training every day

Souter96Mac
01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
They are different players imo, and it looks like Mcinnes is wanting players to suit the system they have. He knows fine well Rooney scores goals, but probably thinks their new system will be more beneficial across the whole team.