PDA

View Full Version : Squad

Baldy Foghorn
29-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Squad looking good now, plenty competition for positions.

I for one am delighted:flag:

fife hfc
29-07-2017, 06:35 PM
Squad looking good now, plenty competition for positions.

I for one am delighted:flag:

I still feel we need more fire power. Also the signing of Commons would give us more creativity in the forward areas and he would be a great influence on young Murray who looks a fantastic prospect. But the squad looks good at the moment.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2017, 10:43 AM
I still feel we need more fire power. Also the signing of Commons would give us more creativity in the forward areas and he would be a great influence on young Murray who looks a fantastic prospect. But the squad looks good at the moment.

Scored plenty in Cup games, feel we don't know what Big Dave is yet like, but maybe another striker would complete our business

jax67
30-07-2017, 10:49 AM
I haven't been this happy with a Hibs squad
since the Mowbray tenure. Stokes and Commons
coming in would be fantastic, but as it stands
I'm a happy Hibby. GGTTH!!

jacomo
30-07-2017, 11:47 AM

With Silkva (sp) and emergence of young F Murray I think midfield is looking very strong. Plus Swanson can play more centrally.

pantiukhin
30-07-2017, 12:03 PM
And what about the situation in the team this season? Was the team stronger or weaker compared to last season?

yonder1875
30-07-2017, 12:05 PM
One more attacking option after Stokes and on paper we couldn't have realistically asked for a better window.

The Spaceman
30-07-2017, 12:06 PM
If we signed Stokes it would round off an excellent transfer window, yet again, for Hibs. Feel we will be good to go once we have a clinical natural finisher up there alongside Simon Murray and big Davey.

If I was being really greedy, another speedy winger would be grand as well :aok:

B.H.F.C
30-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Happy with the players we have and things have went very well so far.

However, a look at the bench yeaterday shows that we are still a bit unbalanced. Four defenders there so not ideal if we need to change things if a game isn't going our well. What we have is good but just light on options in the forward areas.

eastcoasthibby
30-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Another forward Stokes or the.likea and another pacey wide player, Boyle playing well bit as we know can have a form dip and be inconsistent as well in games..these are the only two positions I think we need to fill, if the quality is as good or hopefully better than we have brought in then even better, other than that I reckon we have done well this window, and like everyone I suspect can't wait to get going on Saturday.

Big L
30-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Martin Boyle has hit another level and I think he will continue to improve. He has a great touch great pace and it looks to me as if he has formed a good understanding with Simon Murray. It's all very well bringing in other players, but you don't want to disrupt this partnership, I would like to see it given a bit more time to see if it gets even better.

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2017, 06:46 AM

The signing of an unfit, recovering from surgery Commons would not guarantee anything.

31-07-2017, 09:13 PM
The squad is looking great so even if we don't sign another striker or 2 until late in the window I'm confident going into the new season. We got most of the deals sorted relatively early with just the Lithuanian lads needing to get up to speed, which I'm sure they will be before long.

Looking at the early fixtures I don't see any that concern me. Don't expect any to be easy but equally I don't see why we shouldn't think we can win them. I fancy us to sneak a win at Ibrox, or certainly not lose. Unbeaten after the first 7 games is not unrealistic.

AZhibee
31-07-2017, 09:30 PM
The signing of an unfit, recovering from surgery Commons would not guarantee anything.

Agreed, He's been ruled out till January anyway.:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Is this our strongest squad in decades?

Baldy Foghorn
02-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Plenty competition for places, 20 players all 1st team pedigree.

Wouldn't fancy getting 11 places nailed down, great headache for Lennon:flag:

jakedance
02-08-2017, 08:57 PM
I've been going since '92. Standout squads were:
Miller's with O'Neill, Jackson, Leighton etc
McLeish's Sauzee and Latapy, and
Mowbray's squad with the golden generation

All those teams had some big weaknesses. This squad looks strong in every position. Potentially the best in 25 years for me.

Benjeloon
02-08-2017, 09:29 PM
One of the most notable things about our squad is the lack of loan signings. All of our players are under contract with the club which puts us in a very strong position for this season and the next at the very least.

Very impreased with the business the club has done this summer. Now I can't wait to see the team they've assembled play!

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Strong on paper but as the cliche goes, fitba' is played on grass. Promising signs on the League Cup and I expect we'll be comfortably top 6 and challenging for Europe in May.